Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upon Vestia: Chapter Nineteen

5 posters

Page 3 of 39 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 39  Next

Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Nineteen - Page 3 Empty Upon Vestia: Chapter Nineteen

Post by Kooshie Tue May 09, 2017 5:59 pm

First topic message reminder :

(Day 11 I think)

Last edited by Kooshie on Wed May 10, 2017 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Nineteen - Page 3 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Nineteen

Post by Starrnico Thu May 11, 2017 11:29 am

Quinn The Fox wrote:Third padded into the nursery lazily, watching the group for a moment before he joined the group on the couch, his gentle paws hardly making a sound as the white and red face watched them with surprisingly gentle green eyes. He still said nothing for a moment as he waited to be noticed.
Moone eventually looked up, jumping a little when she saw Third there "Oh, um, hi" She said, sitting up a bit

Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu May 11, 2017 11:31 am

Kay nodded. [You sort your brother out, you're the only one who really knows how to fix it.] He looked anxious, chewing his lip nervously. He had to go, he couldn't not rush to his brother's side. But he knew it meant going to the capitol and dealing with the mood altering full moon. gulp.
He shook his head and didn't give Asher a chance to protest, he rushed off down the hall.

[Vestia, get Matt, tell him what's happened and to meet me at the ramp.]

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu May 11, 2017 11:31 am

flying_purple_monkfish wrote:Matt waved to Sawna and Dawn. "Hey guys." He looked around. "Festive. Good to see the arts and crafts room gets put to good use." He grinned at Sawna and came over to the counter. "How's business going?"

---

Kay paused, watching and listening to James carefully. He frowned.
[Hospital? Is he alright?]
Dawn waved back to Matt, giving him a smile then going back to her book to finish that page.

Sawna chuckled and nodded "I have plenty of time and no distractions while you all sleep, so I put that time to use. Business is good, what can I get for you?"
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Thu May 11, 2017 11:32 am

For a moment a shadow of disgust might have passed over his face, but it vanished quickly as he lightly walked forward and settled down in the crook of her knee, yawning as he laid his head on her leg and closed her eyes. "Why does the winged child hole up her emotions in a bottle like it's ready to break? Only the eldest usually do that. A child should not need that burden. A sad day indeed, when a child needs that burden."
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu May 11, 2017 11:34 am

"Yeah, must get pretty dull while we're all sleeping." Matt agreed. He shrugged. "I dunno. I'm not allowed coffee... or milk.. or most of anything." He laughed. "Restrictive diets are fun right?" Yeah he didn't need to tell her how annoying it was.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu May 11, 2017 11:38 am

Moone blinked and watched Third, tilting her head a little "Why shouldn't I? Any time I let my emotions out I get reprimanded or told to just be quiet, to ignore those who speak against me or my friends. As you said, I am just a child, so there's not really anything I can do about anything except watch the babies."

~~~
Sawna tapped her chin in thought then turned to her book, looking for recipes that did not have milk or coffee to go over them with him "What can you have?"
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Thu May 11, 2017 11:43 am

"It's true, we must pick and choose our battles... but if you hold it in all the time, one day it will explode, and you'll do something you'll regret. What ails you, fledgling?" The fox did not open his eyes as he spoke, merely resting there, a furry ball of warmth.
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu May 11, 2017 11:46 am

"uh.. I can have black tea I think. You know, leaves steeped in water. Uh.. hot water. " he shrugged. "I can drink blood too but it freaks people out." He chuckled. "People are weirdly squeamish right?" He pondered, yeah this was a hard one. "Maybe just hot water? Probably safest." He started rummaging through his pockets for loose change.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu May 11, 2017 11:52 am

Moone frowned and looked away though she did reach over to pet his head as she thought "I can't even go home. My people are so stuck on seeing only one side most of the time, it's either hide what I am or be shunned. Even Skye's new boyfriend is shunning me. Then when I was flying around and looking at the decorations I saw those minotaurs picking on Luka to start a fight with her and James and Esk and Esk got hurt so badly when the minotaur started throwing punches, and Luka got hurt and James got hurt. Then after I brought Starr it seemed to calm down but on the way back here people kept saying such cruel things, judging Luka for what her people have done when they don't even know her. It's not like she can help the people she was born to anymore than I can help that I can use magic while others are immune to it."

~~~
Sawna thought on that then tilted her head "I would like you to try something, if you would" She said then turned to get hot water and the tea bag. Hey others liked tea over coffee too. To this she added some blood, because she kept that here for herself when it was needed then handed the new concoction to him "See if you like that, and don't be afraid to tell me if you don't. It's new so there might be a learning curve to it."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu May 11, 2017 12:04 pm

Asher sighed as Kay left. Oh dear, this couldn't be good. Still, he understood a brother's concern, and let Kay go without argument.
"Come on James," he said, "Let's get you to my room. I'll fix you up."

~~
Vestia coughed quietly in the cafe. "Matt? Sorry to interrupt but Kay wanted me to notify you that Esk has been hurt and is hurt and in the hospital. He wants you to meet him on the ramp."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu May 11, 2017 12:08 pm

Matt smiled broadly and stirred the concoction, blowing on it to cool it down and taking a sip. His sense of taste was pretty minimal though, but he nodded. "Hey not bad." It was better than plain water.
He set the cup down and pulled out some coins for the tip jar and something else his fingers closed around.
"huh?" It was a rolled up piece of velum. Matt's face lit up at the sight of it and he grinned to Sawna gratefully. "Letter from my brother." He explained and took his cup and the scroll to a table to sit down and read. He got about three words in before Vestia interrupted.
"Wait... hurt? Hospital?" He looked confused, then worried. He stood back up. "Sorry Sawna, i'll have to take this to go!" He stuffed the scroll back into his pocket and grabbed the drink.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu May 11, 2017 12:09 pm

Sawna nodded, looking to the speaker then back to Matt "Go on, and thanks"

(Is Danika with Kay still?)
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Thu May 11, 2017 12:12 pm

"I can imagine it." Third took a slow exhale as he was pet. What? Quinn might not like it because she was once human, but he? He was a vulpine for as long as he could remember. He didn't know what he was before he was a Follower. "And I can imagine it only escalated. Luka is prideful, and sometimes pride can get in the way of keeping a cool head. Not saying that it's her fault, just a bad personality to spit into a heated debate." He huffed again, thinking to himself. "The world can be cruel, and with the Guild taking so many people in, a species such as Luka's probably starts a bit of a fire without there needing to be one. You can't blame the Guild for the refugees. Besides," he lifted his head slightly and opened his eyes, smiling, "If they believe Luka to be your token soldier, they have another thing coming, don't they? It's their loss to attack a great potential friend."
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu May 11, 2017 12:18 pm

(Not a clue, she might be unless Starr took her lol)

Matt hesitated, looking to Dawn, then nodded and rushed off to find Kay.

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu May 11, 2017 12:25 pm

"That's what I told them, sort of." Moone said then shrugged "We are not just what we were born as, just like Heny and Merith, and the Family. If we went with all are as bad as the worst, we wouldn't even be here. We have to look at each person by their individual choices. Though some only want to judge based on the worst they know."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu May 11, 2017 12:27 pm

James and Asher went to Asher's room and proceeded to gut James' shoulder, which was pretty badly messed up. A lot of time passed as Asher tried to fix what he could, but both Androids agreed that James was going to need some new replacement parts for his shoulder soon. At least his fingers were functional now.
Finally Asher glued James' skin back on, and the two headed back to the med bay, where Asher waited nervously for Kay's return, and James got a med kit to take to Luka.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu May 11, 2017 12:27 pm

Dawn set her book down and watched Matt leave then shook her head and stood up, taking the book over to Sawna "Can you watch this for me till I get back?" At her nod, Dawn headed off to go with or just follow Matt and Kay.

Danika was still laying on Kay's shoulder, watching and listening to him and sending calm thoughts.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu May 11, 2017 12:36 pm

Luka had retired to her room, put her shopping bags in the closet so she didn't have to look at them and was now curled up on the bed, an ice pack against her face and tears streaming readily down her cheeks.

---

Matt nodded to Dawn, yeah he wasn't stupid, he knew she had a soft spot for his brother, though he wasn't sure it wasn't just friendship fondness.

Kay scritched Danika's head gratefully, her presence was soothing and he appreciated her efforts but he was pretty worried right now.
As soon as he saw Matt and Dawn he gestured they follow.

"Do you have any more information on what happened?" Matt asked as he hurried after Kay. For a little guy, Kay could walk damn fast.

Something about a fight with minotaurs and a horse. James was fairly vague but he said Esk was unconscious He chewed his lip and headed for the portal.

Matt frowned and looked grim. "Damn..." Yeah he was worried too, but trying very hard not to panic about it. Esk was tough, and these guild guys had healing magic right? He'd be okay.
He had no idea healing magic didn't work on Esk.

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu May 11, 2017 12:38 pm

James knocked on the door. "Luka? It's me," he called quietly.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu May 11, 2017 12:39 pm

Dawn stayed silent as she walked with the brothers and Danika. Yeah, she was just glad they let her come along.

Danika trilled and pressed her head against Kay's cheek gently
(To the capitol?)
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu May 11, 2017 12:45 pm

Luka rubbed her eyes on the bedclothes to dry her tears and weakly called "come in."

---

"he'll be okay.." Matt spoke softly, reassuring himself as much as his companions.

(Capitol!)
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Thu May 11, 2017 12:50 pm

"Patience will prevail." Third rested his head again. "If you truly want people to change on how they view you, patience is your best bet. True, it is unfortunate that they seem to already have a prejudice, but we can work over that if you are willing to help them see what you see. Just as your sister's partner will see in time. You just. We'd to show patience..."

He thought a bit longer, "I imagine the Lieutenant must feel awful." Imagine? No, he knew. Ugh, he hated telepathic empathy. Feelings were gross. "I wonder if there was something you could do to cheer her up a bit?"
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu May 11, 2017 1:00 pm

Moone frowned but she could see his point "Like what?" She asked when he talked about Luka's feelings
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu May 11, 2017 1:02 pm

James came in and closed the door, then went to fetch some tissues and brought them over. Man, Luka looked terrible. Poor kid.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Thu May 11, 2017 1:27 pm

"Maybe give her a gift. Something that reminds her of home." Third yawned again.
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu May 11, 2017 1:37 pm

Moone tilted her head at that, thinking "Something that reminds her of home? What is her home like?" She asked, yeah she heard some things, but that wasn't enough, knowing only the military side didn't prepare one for the day to day living part usually. Hm...she might have to do research then find a gift.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Thu May 11, 2017 1:39 pm

"Death's Domain if I know," why were Anamcara slang words so... wordy? "But you are sitting on a rock next to a bunch of rocks with a bunch of information in the subject. I bet there's someone out there willing to help us, too." Ugh, he used the word 'us'.
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 39 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 39  Next