Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upon Vestia: Chapter Seventeen

4 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Seventeen - Page 38 Empty Upon Vestia: Chapter Seventeen

Post by Kooshie Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:45 pm

First topic message reminder :

Kay always tried so hard to be sensible and pragmatic. Asher had always loved that about him, and he loved it just as much now. He smiled softly. "No, you're definitely not alone in this."
He wasn't going to leave Kay to look after this little dragon alone. He'd gotten the guy into this situation, so now it was his job to do everything he could to help. Did that make him the other father here? Maybe. This was thoroughly confusing and he was going to need to think it over at some point. "If it wasn't already obvious, I'm here for you. Both of you," he said.

~~
Tala snorted weakly. "I do not like that butterfly well." She let Shane help her.

Last edited by Kooshie on Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Seventeen - Page 38 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Seventeen

Post by Kooshie Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:59 am

"I had a brilliant idea," James said conversationally, coming over to Asher and Kay. "I made us some nice name tags to reflect my brilliant idea. It's okay bro, yours is on a string," he added in an understanding tone.

Asher looked suspicious.

James handed one to Asher, and one to Kay. They were decorated black card stock with fancy gen pen writing on them. Actually sort of pretty, amazingly enough. Kay's said [Grumpy Medic] and Asher's said [Robot]. He pinned on his own to his shirt with the safety pin he had taped to the back of the ones that weren't Asher's. It said [Robot Brother].
He looked over at Dawn, "I'm sorry, I have no idea what Mourn calls you. Here's one that says 'Nice Medic'," he told her cheerfully.

Asher rolled his eyes. Oh James.

Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Seventeen - Page 38 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Seventeen

Post by Starrnico Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:28 am

Dawn chuckled softly, looking at the card then shrugging and putting it on. "I'm not sure what his name for me is either." She said and shook her head a little

Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:32 am

Kay actually looked rather amused. Oh he'd add 'bad cop' to this in brackets later. He hung onto it for now. Mmm good point James, what DID Mourn call Dawn? Knowing the felid it was going to be something ridiculously literal.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:37 am

Asher eyed his name tag suspiciously. Yeah, James had totally chosen to use Mourn's names just because it meant Asher could have a name tag that said "robot" on it. What a jerk. Then again, it was kind of funny. He put it on.

James looked pleased with himself.

"I didn't know you could even write this nicely," Asher said with a smile.

"I only write messily on things that don't matter," James said brightly. He smiled at them all, "As a part-time medic, I have a very important job here. That is, PR for you guys. You're welcome."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:54 am

"These do look really nice" Dawn said with a smile. He did write nicely
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:11 am

Kay put Danika back into his pocket and picked up his tablet. [Alright Constance, well done.] Nope, wasn't going to stop calling James Constance.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:13 am

James smiled at Dawn, then stuck out his tongue at Kay. "You guys are gonna let us have our med bay back now, I hope?"

Asher grinned. "Maybe. I thought you didn't want it though."

"I want the prestige, not the work," James said sagely.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:57 am

[Just wait till one of my brothers comes in injured, then you'll be begging us to come take over.] Kay smirked and waved. [Have fun Constance. good luck Dawn.]
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:26 pm

James made a face at Kay. "You're too smug. I don't like you." It was pretty clear he didn't mean it though. He actually did like Kay well enough.

Asher smiled at Dawn, "Make sure my baby brother does his chores! And enjoy the rest of your shift, both of you." He headed out with Kay.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:30 pm

Kay smiled sweetly at James, waved and headed off down the hallway.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:35 pm

Asher took off his name tag once he was out of the room, and looked at it in amusement before tucking it in his pocket. Hey, it wasn't like they had any actual rules about when to wear these things. "He's never written so prettily in his life," he said with a quiet laugh.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:36 pm

[Clearly it meant a lot to him to attempt to one up us. ] Kay smirked. [I hope he realizes i'm not going to stop calling him Constance.]
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:40 pm

"I'm pretty sure he knows you're not going to give up," Asher said, smiling. "I think he was trying to intimidate you."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:46 pm

Kay's smirk got bigger. [He must be aware he's about as threatening as a ball of lint right?] poor ridiculous James. [Should we check in on Starr?]
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:50 pm

Asher laughed. "He's heard it before. Poor guy, he just wasn't built to be scary." He nodded, "Yes, we should check on Starr. See if she survived bath time or not."

(What time of day would it be now? I have no clue at this point.)
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:51 pm

(not a bloody clue. They started really early in the morning. Maybe it's late afternoon now? I dunno. Kay should totally eat lunch either way lol.)
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:52 pm

Kay smiled. [At least he's good humored about it.] He nodded. [Maybe she's gotten lucky and the other two have decided to take a nice long nap as well] Man, one baby dragon was enough stress, 2 must be even harder.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:54 pm

(Yeah last time we discussed it we decided late afternoon I think. Might be evening now, heh)

"At least they don't have any injuries to make things difficult," Asher said, "I'm sure she's still tired though."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:58 pm

Kay nodded and hesitated, realising quite how tired he actually was himself. All that walking back and forward, all the stress of the day, his feet ached and he decided he rather liked the idea of rest himself.
[Hopefully Danika's wing will heal quickly and she'll get used to using it properly. ] Clearly this was something that did worry him. [Let's find Starr, get the dragons down to sleep and then I think i'm going to grab some food and collapse. ] He smiled exhaustedly.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:06 pm

"Yes, let's hope. It'll simplify things immensely," Asher agreed. He looked a bit guilty at the reminder that Kay was capable of feeling actual physical fatigue and hunger. He'd been so distracted he hadn't even considered that that would happen. "Yes, putting the dragons to bed sounds like a good plan."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:10 pm

Kay smiled softly. [I'll be fine Asher. ] He tried not to yawn. They headed toward Starr's room.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:17 pm

"I know you'll be fine, I just feel like I should remember that she isn't the only one who needs to eat and rest," Asher said. He smiled at Kay, "It's so easy to get distracted on days like this."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:25 pm

Kay nodded. [Very easy.] He smiled to Asher. [Reminding me to eat isn't your responsibility, I take full responsibility for getting distracted. ] And today had been pretty damn distracting.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:39 pm

Starr had fallen asleep with the babies on her bed after bath time. She had gotten tired as well.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:52 pm

Asher nodded. "Fair enough. You're old enough to not need me worrying about you like a mother hen." He looked amused. Yeah, his worry was silly and he knew it.

They reached Starr's room.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:53 pm

Kay hesitated, then knocked on the door.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:25 pm

Starr woke, blinking at the door before calling out for them to come in. She wasn't going to move unless she had to right then, laying in her dragon form around the two babies
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next