Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Three

3 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Three - Page 22 Empty Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Three

Post by Kooshie Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:57 am

First topic message reminder :

"You have a tablet at least, right?" Asher asked Dawn.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Three - Page 22 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Three

Post by Kooshie Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:53 am

The squirrel led the girlfriend to an underground world of squirrels, where she was told that she was the savior, and that her boyfriend was the one destined to try and destroy the squirrels. A lot of angst ensued, apparently the girlfriend instantly believed that the squirrels were telling the truth, but she didn't want to vanquish her boyfriend.
She thought about it when she got home. She didn't tell him. She didn't see any way out, she had to save the squirrels. But finally she had an idea. She challenged her boyfriend to a tennis match, and won! Then she went to the squirrels and told them he was vanquished! The squirrels celebrated, she went back to happily dating her boyfriend, and the credits rolled.

"I have no clue what just happened, or if that was even in reality, or just a really bad portrayal of mental illness," James said blankly.

Ellie grinned. "This movie always confuses people."

~~
Asher smiled softly. "I'm sorry I've been so distant lately. I missed this." Spending time with Kay was so nice, even if they were mostly just trying to distract each other from their worries and bad memories.

Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Three - Page 22 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Three

Post by Starrnico Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:05 am

"That was an incredibly strange movie" Skye said and shook her head.

Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:40 am

"My brain hurts." Matt complained, laughing.

"I am.. most confused." Armin agreed. "were the squirrels real?"

---

Kay nodded. [so did I.] His tablet pinged up a message from the surgical team, he frowned as he read it. [We have a time for surgery. 10am tomorrow morning.] He looked suddenly terrified again. [Vestia, can you please tell Esk?]
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:54 am

"I'm not sure if even the writers knew whether the squirrels were real or not," James said. He shook his head, "Terrans, man. They make weird movies."

"True art blends the line between reality and fantasy," Ellie said. "This movie was true art."

"Riiiight," James told her. "Well, I for one don't think I can handle another movie tonight. Those were... Too strange."

~~
Asher frowned. It was good to have a surgery time chosen, but terrifying too. He reached out to pat Kay's arm reassuringly.

"I'll tell him," Vestia said.

~~
She'd check to see if Esk was awake/somewhere she could contact him.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:17 am

Matt laughed. "Yeah, we should get something to eat anyway." He checked the time, man, how late was it?

Armin chuckled. "We should do this more often."

"Yeah, we need to make movie night or.. er.. afternoon.. a thing." Matt agreed.

---

Kay tried to smile, closing his hand around Asher's.

----

Esk was awake, he'd decided he wasn't leaving the bathroom. He'd propped himself against the sink and was kind of dozing.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:21 am

"Yeah, it was fun, I think I lost a couple IQ points though," James said. He looked over the edge of the hammock, oh boy, now he had to get down.

"I'm, like, starving!" Ellie said. "The chips and popcorn didn't fill me up at all."

~~
Vestia couldn't see into the bathroom, she hoped Esk was still alive in there. That'd be bad if he died on her watch. "Esk?" she called softly through a bathroom speaker.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:26 am

Skye stretched her wings a little then jumped down from the hammock "Food sounds good." She agreed then looked to James. "You just have to jump, it isn't that far."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:31 am

"What?" Esk snapped. He didn't want to move okay?
"Yes i'm alive and no, I don't want help."

---

Armin eased himself out the hammock. "I can catch you." He suggested.

Matt nodded. "Right? We should go get dinner... or.. whatever."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:37 am

"Oh good, glad to hear it. Kay wants me to tell you that we know what time your surgery is now, it's at ten AM tomorrow," Vestia told Esk.

~~
"Easy for your to say, you have wings and don't weight two hundred pounds," James told Skye, sticking out his tongue at her. He went to the edge of the hammock and cautiously tried to climb out. This wasn't something he'd ever really tried to do before, and it was weird. It moved too much!
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:40 am

Esk grunted. "Fine." Well, only how many hours to go? He couldn't say he was looking forward to it, in fact he was feeling pretty resigned to not waking up. Which was depressing.

---

"you are perfectly safe my friend, it is not very high." Armin encouraged, putting out a hand to attempt to steady the web.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:45 am

"All right, I'll leave you alone then. Tell me if you want anything," Vestia told Esk.

~~
"I told him. He says fine," Vestia told Kay.

Asher nodded. "Thank you, Vestia." He looked to Kay, trying to not seem too concerned.

~~
James hesitated a bit longer, then dropped to the ground, alive. "Hammocks are so weird to get out of," he said, eyeing the hammock suspiciously.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:49 am

Kay bit his lip, nodded and went to bowl again. Anything to take his mind off the terror he felt about morning.

---

Armin chuckled. "I have never thought about it, but then, I cannot use chairs so easily." Yeah he wasn't at all the right shape for chairs.

"Alright guys, i'm gonna go eat. I'll meet some of you there or whatever." Matt waved. "Thanks for the crazy movies Ellie."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:50 am

Skye had moved closer to the door but smiled at Jame's comment "Yeah, we are light" She agreed then shrugged
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:54 am

Asher went back to bowling too. This was stressful for him, he could only begin to imagine how much worse it must be for Kay. Well, he'd just have to try and be here for the guy, the least he could do was make sure Kay didn't have to worry about this alone.

~~
James laughed at the idea of Armin trying to use a chair. "Fair enough. Thanks for letting us chill with  you, man." He nodded to Skye, "You lucky duck."

Ellie headed off to find something to eat.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:56 am

Armin nodded "It was my pleasure, thank you for the company." He'd stay behind to clear up, it was impolite to just leave webs up after all. He started to unravel the silk and wind it around one arm carefully. He'd find a use for it.

Matt wheeled off to go find food.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:59 am

Skye paused and looked to Aramin "You could leave that up, especially if this movie time becomes a thing." She said softly, waiting for him.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:07 am

Armin shook his head. "If It becomes a more regular thing, I will construct something more durable. Quickly woven thread like this is strong short term, but decays. And I would not wish for anyone to become entangled. " He finished winding the threads around his arm, it all compressed down rather small. "Do not worry, this will be recycled."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:12 am

Skye nodded and smiled a little. "Alright, I just didn't want you to have to put it up and take it down if this does become a thing." She said before waving a little and going to get some food.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:14 am

James hung around watching Armin put the hammock away. "I guess I should like, go back to the med bay since I'm sure the other medics aren't there," he said eventually with a laugh.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:20 am

Armin bowed his head. "thank you my friend." He looked to James. "Goodnight." He'd go grab a smoothie himself, and return to his room to eat both that and the leftover web.  Then he would rest at last, exhausted from a long day.

---

Meanwhile

(MEGAPOST WARNING danger danger, danger!)

Matt hesitated outside the door to his brother's room. He should check on him right?
He knocked. “Hey.. uh.. Esk? You awake?”

Esk was still on the bathroom floor, he groaned and sat up, wincing. “Fuck off.” he called weakly.

Matt frowned. “You okay man?”

Esk didn't respond, he tried to stand and his stomach immediately clenched.
He ended up hunched over the toilet bowl again.

Matt's frown deepened. “Okay, i'm coming in.” He pushed the door open and wheeled himself into the room. “Esk?”

Esk groaned, shuddering. “There... there's pills next to the bed,make yourself useful and bring them here.”

Matt nodded, wheeling over to the nightstand and picking up the container. He noticed the letter. What was that about?

“Hurry the fuck up.” Esk complained.

“oh.. yeah, sure.” Matt brought the pills into the bathroom and handed them to Esk, moving to awkwardly pour him a glass of water as well.
“You look like shit.”

Esk pulled a face, took the glass and downed the pills, setting the glass down and resting his head against the wall.

“What's the deal with the letter?” Matt asked, he was curious and nosy okay?

Esk's eyes narrowed. “It's not a letter. It's a list.”

“okay.... so... what's the deal with the list?”

Esk sighed. “In case I don't wake up.”

Matt frowned. “What are you talking about?”

Esk looked annoyed. “Surgery tomorrow.”

“Shit, it's that soon!?” Matt had no idea, nobody told HIM anything.

“yeah... Ten a.m” Esk spoke dully.

“What do they think your chances are?”

“Dawn says 75, 80 percent.” Esk shrugged weakly. “Guess it beats this.” He gestured to his prone position on the floor.

“Shit... “ Matt sighed. “But I mean, they must be pretty confident right? “

“they're just sick of my moping.”

“Nah man,  they wouldn't arrange something like this if they didn't think it was the best course. I mean, I know you and Kay have your differences but he's good at his job and there's no way he'd take unnecessary risks with a patient, even one as annoying as you.” Matt smiled, trying to lighten the mood.

Esk rolled his eyes.

“Dawn thinks it's a good idea right?”

“Yeah...” Esk shook his head. “I dunno, she's avoiding me.”

“Well you trust her right? If she's saying you stand a good chance, you stand a good chance. Why's she avoiding you? What'd you do?”

Esk shrugged again. “I dunno, i'm really good at pissing her off without actually trying.”

“You mean unintentionally?” Matt asked.

“I guess.” Esk pulled himself up a little more so he was more comfortable.

“What's going on with you guys?” Matt asked.

“Nothing.” Esk responded flatly

“Oh come on man.” Matt shook his head.

Esk glared. “I'm getting sick of people assuming stupid shit. I can't touch people Matt, and besides, i've already proven I can't do sappy shit like love and feelings. I'm broken remember?”

“you aren't broken.” Matt protested. “And so you didn't feel about Vicky the way she felt about you, doesn't mean you can't love anyone!”

Esk closed his eyes. “You're an idiot.”

“Oh come on, you clearly care about Dawn. Why can't you just .. talk about your feelings for once? You know, like a normal person. “

“i'm not normal.” Esk growled.

“So... you don't have a thing for her?” Matt pressed.

“I don't want to sleep with her if that's what you're asking.”

“Really?” Matt looked surprised.

Esk glared. “yes, really.” He sighed. “not that I even could anyway.”

“So... you just don't wanna hurt her?” Matt reasoned that made sense, if you know touching someone would hurt them, you wouldn't want to touch them right?

Esk shook his head. “NO.. I mean, I don't want to hurt her, or anyone really. Despite what people think about me I don't really get a sick kick out of killing people okay? It sucks and it always will suck.” He hesitated, not sure he wanted to talk about this but Matt really didn't look like he was about to let it go. “Look, I dunno okay?  I don't... I don't really give a shit about most people okay? They're just kinda... there... a distraction.”

“but Dawn's different?”

Esk sighed in irritation. “Dawn confuses me. She always has. She's weird. Really really fucking weird. And I.. I guess I find that really interesting. She doesn't... she doesn't act how I think she will, I can't read her like I can everyone else, I can't predict what she'll say or do, I suppose there's.. .something kinda exciting about not knowing the script. “ He rubbed his face. “She's smart, and she's patient and she puts up with my shit far more than anyone else does. She doesn't try to change me or tell me i'm wrong, she just... nods and gets on with things. I... “ He looked pained. “I don't know, she says we're friends but i've never really had friends so I dunno what that really means. Or what it's meant to feel like. I like spending time with her, I like talking to her...”

“but you don't want to sleep with her.” Matt frowned, that was kinda confusing. He was fairly sure friends didn't look at each other than way those two did.

Esk nodded. “Yeah. “ He sighed again. “Doesn't matter anyway. I mean eventually she'll get sick of me upsetting her and she'll go away like everyone else. Well.. unless I die first. There's always that possibility.”

“You're not gonna die.” Matt glowered at his brother, speaking sternly.

“Oh because you get to decide who lives and dies now do you Matt?” Esk scoffed.

“I just... you're my brother and I do love you man, None of us want to lose you. I mean, accept it or not, people here do care about you and do consider you a friend. I mean you're that asshole friend who everyone kinda loves to hate but you're still a friend. You're not alone anymore and people will miss you, so like... you aren't allowed to die okay? For selfish reasons.” Matt smiled weakly.

Esk rolled his eyes. “You are so shit at this.” He spoke flatly.

“yeah I know. I figured a genuinely sappy speech about love and friendship wouldn't go down so well.” Matt chuckled.

Esk shook his head. “I don't wanna die.” He admitted dully.

“Well it's normal to be scared.”

“i'm not scared.” Esk looked up at the ceiling light. “I just... i'm not ready to go just yet. There's too much unfinished.”

“like what? You got a bucket list or something?”

“A what?”

“A list of things you wanna do before you kick the bucket, you know?”

Esk shook his head. “No, nothing that dumb. Just... “ He huffed. “I suppose things were finally starting to look up. Damnit, I think all you morons are starting to turn my brain to mush, i'm going soft.”

“Starting to get all sentimental?” Matt smirked.

“Just kill me now.” Esk groaned.

“I thought you said you didn't give a shit about people?” Matt looked victorious. Yes, logic!

“Yeah, but there's still so many just a Janitor jokes to make about you, all the snide remarks to make to James, keeping Kay from disappearing up his own ass... Someone's gotta keep all you losers alive and sane. “

“You're right, we need you Esk.” Matt tried to keep a straight face. “So you better survive, or we're all fucked.”

Esk smirked back. “Yeah yeah.”

“And if you're real good, i'll sneak you in treats while you recover.” Matt grinned.

Esk snorted. “Maybe you're not such a jackass after all.”

“Aww man, and I try so hard!” Matt laughed. “Hey you uh.. you need help getting up?”

“How do you think you're gonna help?” Esk asked scornfully.

“Uh.. I can get a broom or a mop or something.”

“I'm fine on the floor.” Esk decided.

“Alright, well uh... if you need anything you get Vestia to call someone okay? And uh... i'll come see you in the morning okay?”

“Great.” Esk sighed.

“Aww at least pretend to be enthusiastic.”

“no.”

“I love you baby bro, remember that.”

“I try not to.”

Matt laughed. “Sleep tight.” He looked serious for a moment. “And uh.. good luck or something... for tomorrow.”

“Try not to die right?”

“Exactly.” Matt nodded.

“Go away Matt, i'm bored of you.”

Matt laughed. “Love you too bro.” He wheeled his way out the room and continued on to the dining room.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:26 am

( Sad Poor Esk. I'd give him a cookie, but that wouldn't help much.

You guys ready for surgery day?)
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:27 am

(I'm good to go if Starr is whweeee)
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:35 am

(yep, next day Very Happy )
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:45 am

(Okay, who starts?)
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:47 am

(I have dinner, I shall be back soooon. Feel free to start without me.)
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:50 am

(be back soon)
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:01 pm

TIMESKIP - APRIL 16th - Esk's surgery day

Ellie had heard about Esk's surgery being today from someone last night. She was kinda worried, but not super worried, because she didn't care that much about Esk. She was honestly more concerned about one of the decorative plants she'd set up in the hall, which wasn't looking so good lately. Priorities!

~~
James was going to help however he could. He probably wasn't going to be much use for the surgery itself because he was so easily grossed out, but before that he'd be happy to run errands and clean things and generally make himself useful.

~~
Asher had stayed with Kay as much as he could, as emotional support. Of course he wasn't much help in actually making last minute preparations for the surgery, because his wheelchair was anything but sanitary, so he stayed out of the way and did whatever he could do from an unsanitary wheelchair. He soo wished he could walk again, oh my gosh.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next