Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-One

3 posters

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-One - Page 24 Empty Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-One

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:52 pm

First topic message reminder :

Luka made a face. "gross. Computer, regular clothes please." She looked relieved as the gown disappeared and she was just in her usual cargo pants and vest. "Who should we go annoy then?"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-One - Page 24 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-One

Post by Kooshie Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:44 pm

"I think golf requires hills to make the terrain more tricky," Asher said. "From what I understand, it's a game where you try to knock a ball into a hole in the ground in as few turns as possible, so the hills add some extra challenge. I could be mistaken though, I have no first hand knowledge of golf."

Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-One - Page 24 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-One

Post by Starrnico Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:00 pm

Kooshie wrote:
James stayed near Rigel as they left. "By the way, Captain, is there anything I'm supposed to be doing for the Silver Devil right now?" He asked.
Rigel shook his head, looking to James then smiling "Just what you have been doing. Right now, I am just trying to get a list of everything we have and make sure everything is running properly so we will know what we need." He replied

~~~
Dawn noticed Asher and Kay and waved from where she sat at a bench near one of the ponds they had stocked with fish.

Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:04 pm

"Okay," James looked uncertain. "Please tell me if you want help with something, okay? I'm good at writing up lists and cleaning things and I'm a pretty decent electrician."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:05 pm

Kay waved to Dawn and went over to her. [We hear this is your pet project?]
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:07 pm

Asher followed Kay, smiling at Dawn. "This place you've put together is very nice. I'm amazed you were able to make it so pretty so quickly."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:07 pm

Rigel chuckled and nodded "Well, I can certainly use the help with the lists, our ship may not be big, but there's a lot of small things to make sure we have."
~~~
Dawn nodded and smiled at them "Yeah, I started it, it's kind of grown to include Matt, Ellie and Shane, since they helped make this place along with Vestia of course."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:14 pm

James nodded. "I'll help you out then. I'm good with lists." He so wanted to earn his keep now. There was a part of him that kept suspecting that Acus had only kept him around in hopes they might have a relationship someday, and he wanted to silence that fear by proving to himself he was useful.

~~
"You guys have done an impressive job," Asher said. He stayed back from the pond, but looked into it curiously. "You got fish, too?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:15 pm

Kay nodded. [Does that mean you're intending to stay with us for the forseeable future?] Hey, Esk was right, this did feel like some kind of long term plan.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:35 pm

Rigel nodded and headed for the SD, taking up the tablet to check where he had been then handing it over to James, "I call them out, you write, after we get a formal list, we can let you keep track of what's used and you can let me know when we need to refill."

~~~
"Yes, we stocked the ponds with edible fish" Dawn said with a nod then nibbled at her lip, looking back to the water shyly "We haven't made any plans to go separate ways yet, so, so long as I am here, I wanted to try to help make Vestia more self-sustainable." Yeah, she hadn't though to eventually having to leave here that much.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:41 pm

"Sounds good," James said, taking the tablet and looking at the list so far. "Man, never thought I'd be a clerk, but it is kind of a job opening here, isn't it?"

~~
Asher moved a little closer to the pond to look at the fish, although he still stayed a safe distance away from the water. "At some point, we might not even need to land any more, we'll just be able to stay out in space," he said.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:04 pm

Rigel chuckled and nodded "Yeah, it is something that's needed around here."

~~~
Dawn nodded then bit her lip and looked down "Yeah, I guess I just figured that if the Family keeps destroying planets, we might want to be able to never have to land, to take care of ourselves here."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:26 am

Kay looked grim. [We'll find a way to stop them Dawn.] He had to believe that. He just had to.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:06 am

"Now I'm almost as nerdy as my brothers, with all their paperwork and their books," James said, looking at the list so far, and figuring out how the app worked. "Okay, ready when you are, man."

~~
Asher frowned at Dawn's words. It was an unpleasant idea. "We have to believe we can stop them," he agreed, "or that someone can."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:34 am

Rigel nodded and got back to work, counting and telling him the totals of what they had to finish this room
(I don't know what else to say there, lol)

~~~
Dawn nodded then took a breath "Yeah, I know they will be stopped eventually, by us or another group; but the saying goes 'prepare for the worst and hope for the best' doesn't it?"
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:38 am

(Haha, we can leave them to their inventorying)

~~
Asher nodded. "I suppose so." He forced a small smile onto his face. "Here's hoping the Family is defeated soon and we just become strange space farmers."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:47 am

Dawn nodded then smiled "Besides, being self-sufficient means we get to explore further out than anyone else if we want to."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:58 am

Kay nodded and took a seat beside Dawn. [That's a good point. The less we have to stop to resupply, the less chance we have of bad things happening. Seems the worst tends to happen when we do land.] He shook his head. Merith blowing up a planet, the humanists, the full moons. Eugh. He definitely preferred being in space.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:06 am

Asher followed Kay's lead and sat down as well. At least this way he wouldn't fall in the water as easily, right? "There's a lot to be said for being self sufficient. There are times when we need to land, but being able to stay out in space longer so we can avoid bad stops would be good."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:08 am

[It's been a long time since i've had to remember any of this sort of thing.] Kay mused. He'd gotten rather accustomed to not having to scrape and work to survive.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:00 am

Dawn smiled and nodded again. "Yeah, the ability to make stops is good, but I would like to not have it be a need." She agreed softly.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:03 am

Asher nodded. "The more self sufficient we are, the better." He hesitated a moment, then asked, "This is off topic, but I am curious. Do you have any male goats here?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:08 am

Kay raised his tablet to cover the smirk that crossed his face, nope, still thinking about lecturing goats.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:18 am

"I have 1 male and 18 females, since we do want goat milk." Dawn answered then chuckled "And he's all by his lonesome but able to see the others right now."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:20 am

Asher looked amused. "Oh good, we aren't going to be dealing with babies too soon? I'm not sure I'm ready to help deliver goats."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:26 am

Dawn dipped her head then shrugged "Some may be pregnant already, but I haven't instigated any of it."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:27 am

Kay made a face. [I have absolutely no desire to add vet to my career list.] He smiled weakly. [How do you know how to do all of this? Home on Pandora?] He was curious, they didn't know much about Dawn to be fair.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:30 am

"My nearest neighbors were ranchers" Dawn said then shrugged "When they watched me, I had to help them, so I picked up some things and the rest is more current reading" She said, showing them the tablet she had "Though we could find someone willing to be a rancher here I am sure."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next