Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-One

3 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-One - Page 23 Empty Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-One

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:52 pm

First topic message reminder :

Luka made a face. "gross. Computer, regular clothes please." She looked relieved as the gown disappeared and she was just in her usual cargo pants and vest. "Who should we go annoy then?"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-One - Page 23 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-One

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:01 pm

Mourn ushered James to the seat. "you plug in." he demanded, looking to Rigel. "When have access, you put in detail, then we save, all done. You get robot yes?"
He laughed. "Like legal guardian almost. Responsible for"

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-One - Page 23 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-One

Post by Kooshie Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:03 pm

James sat down in the indicated seat and opened the panel in his arm to pull out the data cable, which he plugged into the computer's data port. "Yeah, sorta like a legal guardian. I feel like I might be too old to need a guardian though," James laughed.

Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:09 pm

Mourn snorted. "useful have, just in case." He nodded and focused on the screen, no longer looking at either of them as he tapped away. He'd done this enough times now that getting through James' security was easy, in no time he'd located the owner files and brought up what had to be filled in.
Now he looked at Rigel. "Come, write." He pointed at the screen and nudged the keyboard toward him.

--

Kay nodded. [Perhaps we can go investigate this pet project of Dawn's?] He was pretty desperate for distractions.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:12 pm

Rigel nodded and came over to put his information into the file for them then stepped back again.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:14 pm

James watched. "Man, seeing inside your own head is so trippy," he said. "What do you think, Rigel? Like the view?" He wiggled his eyebrow, momentarily forgetting his recent flirting-related angst.

~~
"Yes, we should. It'd be interesting to see what they've done to this golf course. I'm curious to see where Vestia fit a golf course, too," said Asher.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:23 pm

Mourn laughed. "No as squishy as organic brain." He made a face, taking the keyboard back to key in security and confirm the change of ownership.
"You responsible for robot now." He told Rigel with a lopsided grin.

---

[There's so much of this ship that's a complete mystery, for all we know there's already whole tribes living somewhere.] Kay smiled weakly. he was stressed.

Armin chuckled and bowed his head. "Enjoy your morning my friends."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:28 pm

James smiled at Mourn, "Thanks, man." He unplugged his data cable and rolled it up. "Hope you don't mind this, Rigel."

~~
"If we find a whole second group of travelers on this ship someday, we won't even be surprised," Asher said, standing up. "Ready to go explore the uncharted wilds of Vestia, Kay?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:58 pm

Mourn grinned. "Always good robot." He patted James on the shoulder affectionately.

---

Kay nodded, standing up and clearing away his dishes.

He smiled to Armin who bowed his head and waved. "I will see you later my friends."

Kay nodded and headed for the exit.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:16 pm

"See you later," Asher replied, "it was good to see you." He followed Kay out.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:18 pm

Rigel just laughed at the bantering and looked to James "Yes, it is strange to see, but at least we only have to see it once more, and that's when we can take out the 'owner' part fully."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:25 pm

James nodded. "It'll be nice when we can take it out completely. Till then, you're a pretty okay guy to have stuck in my brain."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:30 pm

Mourn made a face and ushered them out again. "Fixed now, go go. "
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:46 pm

James laughed, and headed for the door. "Come on, Rigel, I think Mourn is sick of us now."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:11 pm

Kay got directions from vestia and lead the way to the golf course/farm.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:11 pm

Rigel laughed and waved to Mourn before heading out of the room.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:16 pm

Asher followed Kay, and before long, they were at the farm.

It was a lot more grassy now, Ellie had been working on it in her free time, alternating between growing strong grass for the goats' next pasture rotation, and encouraging the other grasses to grow a bit quicker and absorb nutrients better.

"Vestia wasn't kidding, it really is a golf course farm," Asher looked a bit stunned.

~~
James stayed near Rigel as they left. "By the way, Captain, is there anything I'm supposed to be doing for the Silver Devil right now?" He asked.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:24 pm

Mourn snorted and shut the door behind them. He mucked about on the computer for a bit, he was trying to come up with some new security systems for Vestia and such forth.
Merith's trial had him thinking about the family, and how much better they needed their defences.

---

Kay gazed out over the scene, rolling hills in some places, flat in others. It was profoundly strange. Almost as odd as that abandoned garden. [It's amazing how well the grass is growing.] Kay ran a hand through the blades, Ellie was getting good at this. He wondered how sustainable this was without magic, but if it worked, Armin was right, it would be useful.

He looked at the goats a little distastefully. He'd never had Matt's fondness for stupid animals, and he'd had to deal with a few too many stubborn goats in his youth.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:29 pm

"Quite impressive. Ellie really has made progress in her training," Asher agreed. He went over to the goat pen fence and looked in at the animals, pleased to see them happily grazing instead of dying. "I definitely like the idea of having all these living things here. It makes the ship feel much warmer and friendlier."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:51 pm

Kay joined him, nodding. [we'll have to watch their numbers, if there's a single male in this herd, we could have a real problem very quickly.]
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:58 pm

Asher looked amused. "This ship does seem to acquire a surprising amount of young ones very quickly," he said. "We'll need to talk to the goats about preventative measures they can take."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:42 pm

Kay looked like he was trying not to laugh. [Unfortunately pamphlets don't work on goats]
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:46 pm

"Hmm," Asher said, somehow managing a serious expression. "Well if pamphlets won't, maybe lectures will. I'm sure they're very smart goats, and would grasp the concept of abstinence if we explained it clearly and simply."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:05 pm

Kay covered his mouth with a hand, shoulders shaking with laughter. The image of Asher lecturing goats on abstinence was just really really funny okay? [Thank you Asher, I needed a laugh today.]
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:18 pm

Asher couldn't quite keep his face straight once Kay started laughing. The mental image was pretty funny. "I'm glad I could help."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:38 pm

Kay smiled. [This place is strange, what are all the hills for?] He'd never played golf.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:44 pm

"I think golf requires hills to make the terrain more tricky," Asher said. "From what I understand, it's a game where you try to knock a ball into a hole in the ground in as few turns as possible, so the hills add some extra challenge. I could be mistaken though, I have no first hand knowledge of golf."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:00 pm

Kooshie wrote:
James stayed near Rigel as they left. "By the way, Captain, is there anything I'm supposed to be doing for the Silver Devil right now?" He asked.
Rigel shook his head, looking to James then smiling "Just what you have been doing. Right now, I am just trying to get a list of everything we have and make sure everything is running properly so we will know what we need." He replied

~~~
Dawn noticed Asher and Kay and waved from where she sat at a bench near one of the ponds they had stocked with fish.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next