Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upon Vestia: Chapter Eight

5 posters

Page 38 of 39 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Eight - Page 38 Empty Upon Vestia: Chapter Eight

Post by Starrnico Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:24 am

First topic message reminder :

Starr held on when the airlocks were opened, keeping her position.  She waited to see who if any of the slavers would reach her first. Shane, doing the same in his position.

~~~
Skye and Moone nodded, moving closer to the vent to be ready to get the younger kids inside
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Eight - Page 38 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Eight

Post by Quinn The Fox Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:53 pm

"Now you evade my answers, Hexenfolke." He said, sighing, "How many times must I tell you before it gets through your thickened skull? I did not know there were children on this ship at the time until it was too late, and I could not do a thing about it then." He suddenly went into a raucous laughter, "You still delude your own self, forget about me. No one is ever truly innocent. A babe will lie to get its candy, and a guilty man will murder and stay silent for his own life.

"My job, on the contrary, is very much necessary." He suddenly leaned in, looking at Kay with a knowing glint in his eye, "You, of all people, Hexenfolke, should know this first hand. For one kin to live like kings, others must suffer. The ancient Terran empire of Egypt rose to its golden glory on the backs of slaves, even now, they use androids and computers to further their own lives. The Family uses mere 'mortals,'" he looked disgusted at the word, air quoting it, "To live like gods in a golden age of glory. The avians fought a civil war, and the victors lived in peace and plenty while the losers were left to die on barren soil. Even the Satare..."

His grin curled cruelly, "... Use hexenfolke as a scapegoat in order to live their luxurious, aristocratic life. It is but the way our selfish hearts work. Those that get to the top of their own merit, burn brilliantly, but fall flat, and is overtaken by the greedy ones once again. There is no utopia in reality. For one to rise, one must also fall."

~~~~~~

"No," Merith said sternly, "We'll think this through, but you aren't going in alone, and not in your state. We can find help."

Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:54 pm

"I plan on waiting till the twins are born like I stated." She said firmly to Merith.

Admin
Admin

https://vestiaswanderings.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:01 pm

[You know nothing of the imperium slaver, as soon as you set foot within their space they'd gun you down like the scum you are. Your job is simply to continue to bring suffering to those who've done nothing to deserve it, to further the rich's disgusting little lives. I hope some day it all catches up with you, and you're the one in chains with a shock collar around your throat. That one day you'll see those you love hurt and broken and know, know that it is ALL your fault. Until then, enjoy your breakfast.] He turned and left the slaver, honestly it had took every ounce of self control not to punch him in his smug vile face. Nobody deserved to be enslaved, nobody. To claim such a thing was necessary, he felt sick. Perhaps he'd leave Asher to deal with the prisoners next time.

He went to check on Lai, taking breakfast for her as well. He wasn't in a mood to chat though, he tucked his tablet into a pocket and knocked.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:02 pm

She sighed, the screen was off for now as in all honesty she was just waking, "Come in.." Absently she wondered who decided to come check on her.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:05 pm

Kay entered, he still looked a bit irritated but was trying extremely hard to hide it. He held up the tray of food, something apparently avian.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:07 pm

She held this bored look, "Going to through in some berating also?" Lai commented, even though she slept she held this tired drain look still. She never been this isolated before, even the survival test they always did it in teams..it wasn't natural for a Avian or those of Avian blood to be on their own, they are a flock nature species. Being alone like this was perhaps the greatest torture if they weren't ever condition for it.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:11 pm

He shook his head and put the tray down wherever there was space. He looked drained.
he took out the tablet simply to write. [I'm just here to check on your progress. How you're healing.]
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:13 pm

"Well I guess." She nonchantly shrugged, her eyes glancing at the tray briefly before returning to stare at the blanket. "I am going to assume you guys haven't spoken about me returning to my mate.."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:20 pm

Kay sighed. [Are you really certain you want to return to him?] He honestly found their whole relationship a little suspect but she looked pretty miserable. [Honestly as a medic, my priority is you, the patient's wellbeing. ]
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:22 pm

"It...hell for me to be isolated." She said through gritted teeth, "My, kind unless condition can't take this toture, you might as attach a shock collar it would be less painful. So yes I would like to return to him."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:26 pm

Kay nodded, he didn't need telepathy to see that pain. [I have no desire to cause you emotional distress, there's been quite enough of that lately. Forgive me though if i'm a little uneasy about returning you to that man, he has... not exactly given us all a great impression of his morality. ]
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:27 pm

She closed her eyes, "No matter what I say at this point you will assume I am some brainwash abused female. I know abuse and he hasn't given me any, and that is all I will say of the matter."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:38 pm

Kay lowered his head. [It is your life to do with as you wish. If you want to be with him, then I will take you back to his room. ] He didn't want an argument and besides which, he honestly believed she deserved the freedom to make her own dumb mistakes. Sure he'd probably feel guilty about it should anything happen to her now, but at the same time, keeping her alone when it caused her obvious distress? wasn't that exactly the sort of cruelty they were trying to pretend they were above? He didn't really want to torture or torment anyone, he just wanted these slavers off the ship and life to go back to being somewhat tolerable.

The sooner they were gone the better. The moral quandaries their presence here kept bringing up weren't something Kay really felt totally equipped to deal with.

[I may regret this, but as your physician, I have to consider your mental health as well as physical. Please, eat first, i'll have my colleague assist me in moving you. ] Mostly because maneuvering someone in a back brace was a bit of an effort.

Now, now he kinda regretted the loss of his telepathy. But she was clearly distressed. He nodded to her and left to go get Asher. If he could convince Asher that moving her was actually a good idea.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:40 pm

She sighed and moved the tray to her lap, softly picking at the food as she ate more like she had not because she wanted to. "Thank you..."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:41 pm

He'd find Asher back in the med bay, furiously sorting medicines. Asher looked up when Kay came in, relaxing at the sight of him. "Hello. What brings you in here?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:43 pm

[I need your help moving the... wife. She's desperate to return to her husband, to the point she's causing herself great distress. She claimed we were torturing her and I just, I don't think we can justify her continued isolation based on an assumption.] He looked fairly stressed himself, he paused, frowning a little. [Are you alright?]
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:47 pm

Asher nodded. He had thought she seemed desperate when he checked on her, and hearing Kay voicing his concerns was good. "All right, I'll help. She does seem very lonely."
Following his new policy of being more honest, he replied, "Heny's herself again, I think. Meaning she's walking, but utterly unwilling to communicate with me. It was... frustrating." Notinhg that Kay looked on edge too, he asked, "And you?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:51 pm

[Slavers... I really... don't like slavers.] He twitched a little. [The asshole is deluded enough to think his work is a necessary evil and seems to think we're all monsters. Perhaps it helps him sleep at night. I honestly don't much care any more but... I think I would appreciate it if you could take over with his medical care, i'm not convinced I can restrain myself from punching him next time.] He looked a little ashamed at that. [I know that's hardly professional but, the sooner we get these people off this ship the better i'll feel.]
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:58 pm

"All right, I'll handle Matthew, if you'll handle Heny," Asher said. "I'm not sure I can keep my temper with her stubbornness, and I don't want to snap at her."
He gave Kay a sympathetic smile. He hated having these strange and barbaric people on board, too.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:59 pm

Kay smiled softly and nodded. [She's rather like trying to convince a mountain to move at times. I don't think stubborn is a strong enough word. But let's go and deal with this patient, I hope this is the right decision. ]
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:00 pm

Asher nodded in agreement and opened the door when they reached Lai's room.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:02 pm

She had picked about half her food before not be able to eat anymore. She looked up saying nothing for the moment to see what would go on.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:06 pm

"We're here to take you to Matthew," Asher said, "Please come with us."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:08 pm

She let out a sigh of relief and took the crutches. Leaning on them heavily she would slowly hop her way over.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:12 pm

Kay held the door for her, stepping aside so she could leave the room and be guided slowly back to Matthew's.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:13 pm

She wince slightly in pain at each hop but said nothing as she just focus on walking/hopping.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:13 pm

Asher followed fairly closely, ready to catch her if she fell.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 39 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39  Next