Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upon Vestia: Chapter Seventeen

4 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Seventeen - Page 3 Empty Upon Vestia: Chapter Seventeen

Post by Kooshie Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:45 pm

First topic message reminder :

Kay always tried so hard to be sensible and pragmatic. Asher had always loved that about him, and he loved it just as much now. He smiled softly. "No, you're definitely not alone in this."
He wasn't going to leave Kay to look after this little dragon alone. He'd gotten the guy into this situation, so now it was his job to do everything he could to help. Did that make him the other father here? Maybe. This was thoroughly confusing and he was going to need to think it over at some point. "If it wasn't already obvious, I'm here for you. Both of you," he said.

~~
Tala snorted weakly. "I do not like that butterfly well." She let Shane help her.

Last edited by Kooshie on Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Seventeen - Page 3 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Seventeen

Post by Kooshie Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:36 pm

"Multiple languages? I cannot imagine learning to read one, much less more than one," Tala said, "You are perfect to help me."
They went into the library. Ethan looked up and facepalmed at the sight of Tala, then pretended to not notice the two.
Tala went to a computer and opened a browser, laboriously logging into her mail account.

Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Seventeen - Page 3 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Seventeen

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:36 pm

"Hey you don't have to." Esk shrugged and straightened up.

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:43 pm

Shane smiled at Ethan and waved to him as he came over to sit with Tala while she logged in.

~~~
"I don't know anything about them" Rigel said with a frown.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:48 pm

"really?" Esk actually looked surprised. Then again, he grew up around guns. "it's pretty simple, never point one at something you don't intend to shoot and if you do want to shoot something, aim and squeeze the trigger. " well, that was the basic gist anyway.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:49 pm

"You may write to her 'Nadira of the Shining Horns and Luminous Coat, I am traveling the galaxy with the most glorious Silver Devil, and I desire for you to join me. If you seek to do so, send me words in return and I shall find ways to bring you here! Signed, Talajara of the Hooves of Steel and the Many Kills!'" Tala told Shane, "She shall see the glory of such fine words."

Tala's voice wasn't quiet. Ethan tried to ignore her.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:52 pm

Shane typed quickly, in common first then finding a program to translate it to her language "Does that look right?" He asked when it was done.

~~~
Rigel looked around the room and nodded "That makes sense." He said then moved, going over to look at the guns.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:56 pm

Tala eyed the text. "I do not know," she said after a bit. She had never been good at reading any tongue, and years of travel had left her hopelessly rusty, "Perhaps we had best leave it in Common as you can be sure it looks right that way. Many on Haakon know Common, somehow it shall be read."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:57 pm

Well this was kinda weird. Thankfully, Esk was actually a surprisingly patient teacher. He'd explain basic gun safety and just as he had with Dawn, talk Rigel through how to stand and aim and fire.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:12 pm

Shane nodded and put it back to common, checking it then looking at her "Alright, now for the send to?"

~~~
Rigel was still scared of the gun, but he did try to do as Esk said,
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:18 pm

"Nadira Steel-Hoof," Tala said. "Of North Haakon, not South Haakon. That Nadira is most inferior."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:36 pm

Shane nodded and put that in then looked to her again. "Alright, that should be ready to send."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:28 pm

"Excellent." Tala clicked the button to send off the message. "You are a fine secretary and worthy of commendation." She slapped his shoulder happily. "Do you desire compensation for your assistance?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:04 am

Esk shook his head. "Rigel, it's a holodeck, the gun isn't even real. It can't hurt you or anyone else. " he sounded bored by this.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:48 am

Starrnico wrote:Starr nodded and looked to Sonata "Want anyone to go with you?" She asked with concern after Shane took Tala to be able to lay down somewhere, unless she wanted to just walk
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:51 am

((thanks))

Sonata shook her head. "I will be fine. Just ensure that Tala gets some rest."
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:12 pm

Shane chuckled then shrugged. "Seeing you back to yourself is payment enough for me."

~~~
Starr nodded "Just be careful" She said worriedly before heading for her room. She knew that Shane would take care of Tala.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:15 pm

Tala wiggled her ears happily. "That is much preferable to payment of currency," she told him. "You have my multitude of thanks."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:20 pm

Kay tried once more to get the little dragon to let go of his finger, maybe now she was asleep deeply she could be transferred into the incubator with her... uh... not siblings. Uncle and Aunt? damn, this was gonna get confusing and awkward.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:30 pm

Asher would probably have found Kay's struggles with the tiny dragon completely adorable if he hadn't been so worried about Kay's emotional state right now. As it was, he couldn't quite done it adorable. He went over to try and help.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:37 pm

Shane chuckled again, glad to see the ear wiggling and happy Tala. "Your welcome"

~~
Starr came in, looking at Kay and the baby, who was able to be moved now that she was asleep. "Hello, sorry about the hatching. Is she alright?" She asked, seeing the bandage on the baby.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:39 pm

Kay looked appreciative, he didn't want to hurt the tiny little dragon, especially as she was already injured. He looked up as Starr came in and froze.
He nodded slowly. She got herself stuck trying to hatch, pierced her own wing. She's safe now and it should heal, I hope. He projected the image of the little creature and that awkward position she'd gotten herself into for clarification, hoping they'd done the right thing helping her.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:45 pm

Asher guessed Kay was explaining so he nodded in greeting to Starr and stayed quiet.
He took the little dragon from Kay and held her gently.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:48 pm

Starr frowned at the image then nodded. "She wouldn't have been able to get out without at the least tearing her wing, if she had been able to at all. " She said sadly. "I'm glad you were able to help her."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:50 pm

Kay nodded grimly. She couldn't wait for you i'm afraid. He looked a little guilty, standing up now he wasn't being used as a bed.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:59 pm

Starr looked back to Kay and smiled a little. "Looks like you have a daughter now. I'm going to have to teach you a lot about baby dragons."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:07 pm

Kay tensed, then nodded. There was that rising panic again. He chewed his lip and reached for his tablet so Asher could be included in the conversation. it felt rude otherwise. [Honestly starr, I don't even know where to start.] He admitted. He looked pretty flustered.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:19 pm

Starr reached over to Pat his shoulder gently. "Dragons are among the easiest babies to raise. They learn fast, they should be able to glide before a month of age, they learn to speak quickly also since they are telepathic and learn directly from their parents."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next