Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upon Vestia: Chapter One

+3
Quinn The Fox
Thsarias
VerniusNightshade
7 posters

Page 18 of 36 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 27 ... 36  Next

Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter One - Page 18 Empty Upon Vestia: Chapter One

Post by Admin Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:11 pm

First topic message reminder :

Docked into a large comerse station of the galactic alliance a smart ship put up a open passage sign on her docking port. Her helper would be off doing her own thing as she made sure supplies where there for the new guests to come, her earpiece on it would seem like as she walked the bustling station she was talking to herself as she tapped on a tablet in her hand.

The female looked human with elf like ears, short spikey purple hair and violet eyes with deep tan skin. She wore simple leather, with combat boots and a white undershirt beneath her vest she looked more like she belonged on a black market station then a respectable one they where on now. She kept a careful eye on her surroundings as if worried. On the board there flashed those most wanted and a female face would appear, looking different but with the same sorrow in her eyes of the one that was talking to herself there was a high bounty on her head for some odd reason.

Admin
Admin

https://vestiaswanderings.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter One - Page 18 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter One

Post by Admin Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:03 pm

She retired to her room, quietly digging out a small orb she looked at it before tossing it up in the air as she sat on the bed, watching th image before her project.

"Mama mama!" A child's voice called out, a boy no older then 10 darting around in the images, "Look!" He said giddily as he was in s tall tree, a female form looked up and shook her head, "Alis get San right now! Your going to hurt yourself!" She called out, the voice was of Heny's.

A older man enter the scene and laughed, on his shoulders was a young girl, no older then five who was latched onto his head tighty, "You can't protect them forever dear, he gotta learn sooner or later what pain is." He chide her gently.

Grumbling Heny huffed, "Doesn't mean I can't protect him like a mother should." She softly chuckled and removed her daughter from the man's head, "Now now dear, you can't glue yourself to daddy head" she teased, tickling the girl as she laughed.

The man chuckled, rolling his neck, "I was sorta enjoying that dear." He smiled broadly at the pair, but turn his head at the boyish Yelp from the tree as the boy fell. He stopped his wife from leaping to his rescue as the boy took the fall. "Dear they gotta learn.." He reminded her gently. "As keepers we must learn to accept and adapt to pain even though we can't die from normal means"

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:02 pm

Kooshie wrote:For the first time in who knew how long, the look on Ellie's face was one of curiosity. "Can you turn into really big or small animals? Like a blue whale? Because that would be such a cool party trick."

Asher watched Heny go, wondering if he'd made a mistake defending the bigoted human. Heny did have her own set of problems to worry about, and he knew that he should be trying to help her with those. Heny was picking fights with nutty people, but by picking fights with Heny, was he actually doing the same thing?
He set down the fancy omnicom and moved sneakily to a different part of the market, wanting to escape the interested, not always friendly, gazes that still followed him.
Starr nodded at that "Yes, if I had a reason to, but a blue whale requires quite a bit of salt water to live in." 

Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:26 pm

Ellie sighed. "Yeah, I guess that wouldn't be practical." She paused, "Can you become a DRAGON?"

Asher successfully disappeared into the crowd and, after several minutes of window shopping, sneaked into a library, and started searching the shelves for 'species that shapeshift'.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:33 pm

He would find numerous types, but hidden in the far corner was a ancient book, old it was almost falling apart but the title was still readable.

"Keepers: Myths, truths, or gods?"

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:36 pm

Asher found old books fascinating, so he decided he might as well take a look. He opened it carefully, so as not to damage the fragile pages.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:39 pm

"I can become a replica of any species I have seen and studied" Starr said then smiled "I have seen dragons before"
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:43 pm

Kooshie wrote:Asher found old books fascinating, so he decided he might as well take a look. He opened it carefully, so as not to damage the fragile pages.
Scralled in ink the first words read

within every culture there always a reference to some way to an ancient species, name varying it all boils down to the same meaning, Keepers of Histories. In today age people would brush these off as nothing more then a myth but I believe that is not the case. While many stories give them god like powers I suspect in truth they are a real species that even now live among us. I suspect some chose to live in hiding, fearing distrust or worse running into others of their kind that is believed to be curupted.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:49 pm

Ellie's eyes lit up. "Are they as huge as the stories say? And do they breathe fire?"

(Heny, I'm trying to search the thread but it isn't working. Has Asher heard Heny talk about Keepers?)
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:51 pm

(Not fully, she made references which if he goes deeper into the book he'll *hopefully* connect the dots)

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:52 pm

"Some can, it depends on the species and the kind they are" Starr answered. Her species could not breath fire as she was talking about.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:58 pm

"Hmm," Asher murmured. There were a few on the ship that he had reason to suspect were from ancient species, and Heny had of course mentioned Keepers before. He didn't think Heny was a shapeshifter, but then again, he didn't exactly know much about her. He flicked through the pages quickly but carefully, hoping to learn more.

"I'd like to meet a dragon," Ellie said. She hated aliens, but then again, like most teen girls, she had had a dragon phase, and she still had a soft spot in her heart for big, winged reptiles.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:01 pm

Starr sighed and looked away "So have many others. There are almost none left free these days," She said sadly. "Greed has put them in the same place as my people, enslaved or in hiding" 
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:08 pm

Kooshie wrote:"Hmm," Asher murmured. There were a few on the ship that he had reason to suspect were from ancient species, and Heny had of course mentioned Keepers before. He didn't think Heny was a shapeshifter, but then again, he didn't exactly know much about her. He flicked through the pages quickly but carefully, hoping to learn more.

"I'd like to meet a dragon," Ellie said. She hated aliens, but then again, like most teen girls, she had had a dragon phase, and she still had a soft spot in her heart for big, winged reptiles.
as he dug in deeper he learned about (at the time) the minor cult called the "Family" and the council ran by these keepers and their suppose hunt for a rogue keeper who held the only thing that could kill them the Dakon Daggers. It went into depth about their biology and the two hearts plus numerous sickness and symptoms they could developed. Of course it went over the black goo, supposedly developed when high toxic was in their systems.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:08 pm

*adding

The book also explained how the Keepers were immortal and couldn't die of normal means no matter how they tried or other people did.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:19 pm

I came here to research Starr, he thought, amused, But I guess I'm learning about Heny instead. This certainly explains how she's lived so long.
A librarian shot him a distrusting look. He read the last few pages of the book hastily, being even more careful to not harm the pages, and gently set the book back where he found it.
Librarians are a low-level threat, as long as you don't talk loudly or damage the books.

"Your people are ENSLAVED?" the human asked Starr in horror.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:20 pm

Kooshie wrote:I came here to research Starr, he thought, amused, But I guess I'm learning about Heny instead. This certainly explains how she's lived so long.
A librarian shot him a distrusting look. He read the last few pages of the book hastily, being even more careful to not harm the pages, and gently set the book back where he found it.
Librarians are a low-level threat, as long as you don't talk loudly or damage the books.

"Your people are ENSLAVED?" the human asked Starr in horror.
(need star to post that lol)

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:21 pm

(Starr did just mention that her people are enslaved or in hiding, which Ellie is responding to)
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:22 pm

(K, will Asher return to the ship or no? Heny not gonna leave ATM XD)

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:24 pm

(Yeah, he'll head back. He just wants to double check that there aren't any other relevant books about other passengers in the library XD )
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:24 pm

(Lol dunno since they aren't on XD )

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:28 pm

(He can find a book with everything I have mentioned before in it Smile )
Starr nodded, glancing around to be certain they were not drawing any attention from the locals "Yes, please keep your voice down" 
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:41 pm

(Thanks, Starr!)
A small, nondescript volume labeled 'Rowan' caught Asher's eye, only because he could read it before the librarian started trying to make him leave. He flicked through it much more quickly, because the pages were sturdier. A planet inhabited by dragonlike lifeforms, who could shapeshift at will, and as a species had been completely enslaved. He thought of Starr, her fear of being discovered, her obvious shapeshifting abilities, and realized he had just stumbled upon her history.
He was so distracted by the fact that he had learned so much, that he didn't even mind when the librarian kicked him out. He hurried back to the ship, CPUs whirring with curiosity.

"Oh crap, sorry," Ellie whispered to Starr. "That's awful though."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:42 pm

Heny would turn off the loop, and decided to shift herself into a feline, curling up on her bed with a sorrowful look.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:46 pm

Starr looked back to her again and nodded "Yes, my parents were the last ones taken before my world was destroyed. They had hidden me away safely, but couldn't do so for themselves before those others came...Can we speak of other things?" 
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:46 pm

(Made a species page for them now Smile )
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:47 pm

(K I need to do the same for keepers lol)

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:50 pm

Ellie bit back a hundred questions, and nodded. "I'm so sorry that happened." She looked up at the sky. "How about that weather?"

Asher boarded the ship, waving in greeting to Vestia, and hurried to Heny's quarters to knock on the door. "Heny?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 36 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 27 ... 36  Next