Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Eight

4 posters

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Eight - Page 24 Empty Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Eight

Post by Kooshie Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:04 pm

First topic message reminder :

"Cause Esk is lazy and he wants someone to wait on Dawn, even though he has a massive crush on her and could wait on her himself," James grumbled. "At least that's what I assume was his motivation," he amended. "Your brother is weird. So Dawn's probably okay and not infected, that's good at least."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Eight - Page 24 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Eight

Post by Starrnico Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:04 am

Lord Heny wrote:
He nodded at the suggestion, “H-hurt still, room keeps spinning.” He whined a bit.
Sawna nodded and offered her hand to him "I could carry you if you wish, or just be here to lean against." That catnip stuff really messed the kid up.

Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Eight - Page 24 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Eight

Post by Kooshie Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:44 am

"All right, we'll get things ready then," Asher said. He looked to Kay and James, "A blood test and a scan are probably the most important things, as well as names and maybe ages, if they want that information in our system. We can also ask them if they have any health issues they'd like to mention to us."

~~
Ellie looked somewhat less pissed off at that, at least. Still not exactly friendly though. She turned her glare on Tala,  "Nobody is my mate, nobody WILL be my mate, and you don't get to ask about it, or discuss whether I lay eggs because that's MY business, not yours."

Tala wiggled her ears slightly. "Of course, young one. I do not think an egg would be hard to pass though Terrans are more sturdy than they look, and their young are disturbingly bulbous and multi-limbed."

Ellie glared at Tala. "Not funny, cow lady."

Tala cow-smiled at Ellie.

Ellie glared at Shane again, "Do you want to be dating me though? Cause I know you think I'm irresponsible, and I'm pretty sure you think I'm ignorant too."

Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:56 am

Esk covered his mouth, trying not to snicker. This was, in his opinion, pretty damn amusing.
Tala's lack of tact was always entertaining.
He adopted a neutral expression and went on eating and listening.
Some races really did take this whole relationship thing weirdly seriously didn't they? A lot of trouble for what, to him, didn't seem like much gain.

---

Kay nodded again and loaded up the system on the computers in preparation. They kept medical records on everyone on board after all, and with this many new people, it was going to take a while to get them all listed down.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:01 pm

Starr nodded and smiled at them both before turning to go. "That sounds good. If you have any trouble, just call me. I will go and talk to the ones that are worried still."

~~~
Shane frowned and shook his head again. "You get things wrong sometimes, that is natural and not a reason to not date. Everyone gets things wrong sometimes, I don't call that ignorant or irresponsible. If I didn't want to date you, I wouldn't. I may have trouble showing that but that is because of my past, not you."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:22 pm

Asher smiled at Starr. "Thank you. This would be a whole lot harder without your help."

James set to work collecting equipment to take blood samples. "Right. This should be pretty interesting. Let's make Asher do the introductions, cause he's good at looking harmless. I tend to make people nervous, I always scare the crap outta Ivor accidentally." Not that that was hard to do, but still. "Kay, you're scary too. We'd better try to not terrify these guys, okay?"

Asher rolled his eyes, and went to get some scanners out.

~~
Ellie glared at Shane a bit longer, then sighed loudly, shook her head, and went over to Shane to pull him into a very energetic kiss.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:35 pm

Kay smirked at James and nodded. [Yes, we'll do the real work, Asher can be polite.] He smiled at Asher to show he was teasing.

---

"eugh, you know there's plenty of rooms you two could use." Esk complained, averting his gaze. What had just happened there? One minute Ellie was pissed off, the next she was making out with the guy? Were women just all fucking insane?
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:48 pm

Starr chuckled at the bantering and waved, heading out to talk with her people. It wouldn't be too long before the first ones started to come in or sending notes.

~~~
Shane was surprised by the kiss, though he enjoyed it when he figured out what was going on. He hugged her when the kiss ended. He was glad she wasn't mad anymore.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:56 pm

Asher shook his head, although he was smiling. "You guys are both terrible. I should have known from the start that you'd be great friends." He'd go to the door though, to greet the dragons who had decided to come to the med bay. It was true, he was probably the least threatening of the medics. The wheelchair definitely helped with that too.

~~
"YOU get a room, Esk," Ellie told him. She was still grumpy apparently, despite having apparently forgiven Shane. Her emotions were all over the place. "Although a room isn't a bad idea," she added, considering the possibility.

Tala snorted softly. "Ah! What joys to be young again."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:06 pm

Esk made gagging noises. "some of us are trying to eat!" He protested.

---

Kay rose from his seat but remained behind his desk, bowing his head in greeting at any dragons who entered. He'd let the other two do the talking, after all, he wasn't sure these guys could actually read and shoving a tablet into their faces was probably only going to confuse them more.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:38 pm

There were four males that came together in this group. They each greeted the medics, wary but not apparently scared.

~~~
Shane looked at Ellie then at the others and back to her again. He wasn't sure what to say or if there was anything to say to this turn in the conversation.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:53 pm

Asher wheeled over to greet them, smiling at them warmly. "Hello, I'm Asher, and those two are James and Kay. We're done of the medics here. You must be here for your checkups?"

James waved and grinned.

~~
"What, are you that squeamish?" Ellie rolled her eyes at Esk, although she did move slightly away from Shane. "Maybe you're jealous." She suggested.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:09 pm

Esk snorted "Gross. You can have him." Ew.

---

Kay nodded his head to the dragons.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:48 am

Shane reached for Ellie's hand and shook his head a little. "How about we go pick out a movie to watch or something. Maybe we can get some new ones while we are here on Earth."

~~~
The four looked to one another then one spoke for them to make it simpler, introducing themselves by name for the records and agreeing that they were here for the checkups.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:04 am

Starrnico wrote:
Lord Heny wrote:
He nodded at the suggestion, “H-hurt still, room keeps spinning.” He whined a bit.
Sawna nodded and offered her hand to him "I could carry you if you wish, or just be here to lean against." That catnip stuff really messed the kid up.
“L-lean, d-dont want to hurt..” he muttered, trying to keep blance his tail waved wildly to keep his shaky center of gravity.

Admin
Admin

https://vestiaswanderings.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:48 am

"Yeah, we can see movies," Ellie said, "and get cold." It was an old Terran expression that she was definitely butchering horribly. "I'm still suspicious of you though, you and your eggs and your corrections," she added to Shane.
But he was so cute! And she had missed him.

Tala ate some more of her food, listening. "Terrans are most peculiar," she told Esk.

~~
Asher explained what the checkups would entail, so they'd know what to expect, and had each dragon double check that their names were spelled correctly, if they read Common of course. He probably handled the blood tests himself, because James still kinda preferred to avoid blood, and Kay was kind of intimidating to be stabbing newly freed slaves with needles.

He let Kay and James decide how they wanted to handle taking notes and scanning patients.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:57 pm

Esk shrugged. "People are weird." He corrected her. "All of them."
And, he thought, probably nuts. Certainly those in relationships seemed to be crazy to want to subject themselves to that crap. He simply couldn't see the positives of relationships when everyone around him's relationship seemed to be absolutely soaking in drama and angst.

---

Kay took notes carefully and professionally.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:04 am

Lord Heny wrote:
“L-lean, d-dont want to hurt..” he muttered, trying to keep blance his tail waved wildly to keep his shaky center of gravity.
"Alright" Sawna said, moving carefully to his side so he could lean against her. Good thing she was stronger than she looked to be
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:10 am

Shane stood, taking his plate to put in the wash bin and looking back to Ellie, smiling softly. "I honestly have not asked what would happen, it's not something I have taken time to talk to those who would know, like aunt Helen. With me being half, well, I am not sure who's biology would be stronger or if there is a way to choose. Not a topic I am comfortable with yet."

~~~
The four cooperated, letting them do whatever tests they wanted for now simply because Starr said it was fine. They didn't seem to mind which did what and all four could read common well enough to get by.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:23 am

"Well it doesn't matter much, since I'm not making any babies. I like being an aunt, not a mom," Ellie said. She grabbed his arm and started hauling him away.

"It is most pleasing to have a partner though," Tala mused. "It is all fighting for some pairs and that is silly, but there are some who operate as a team together and have many most excellent adventures. Although you are right, most people are peculiar."

~~
Asher explained the blood tests as they happened, and James talked the patients through their scans. Between the three medics, the checkups wouldn't take too long at all.

It was going to take a long time to analyze all the blood samples they'd get today for diseases or health issues, but at least the scans should show immediately if anything was extremely wrong with any of the dragons.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:58 am

Shane nodded and was glad to leave that subject behind. He waved to Tala and Esk as they left the cafeteria to find a room.

~~~
These dragons were remarkably healthy, given their circumstances. The trip here had given them time to get any drugs used to keep them calm and useful out of their system. Some of the females might show trauma like broken bones, especially wing bones, but these guys were healthy, in both forms. They allowed themselves to be scanned in dragon form.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:37 pm

Esk shook his head. "Everyone here is like.. stupid and full of drama." He rolled his eyes at Ellie and Shane and shooed them.
Once they'd gone he added "seems to me, interspecies relationships are always a terrible idea."

---

Kay took careful note of everything on his tablet, letting Asher and James do all the talking.

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:10 pm

Ellie totally started dragging Shane to her room. Hey, she didn't know if he was up for doing anything, but she wanted to increase the chances. She was still annoyed at him for everything, but only kind of annoyed. And he was SO CUTE.

~~
Tala snorted cheerfully. "There is nothing wrong with enjoying the company of someone of another species. Their behaviors and biology can be odd, but they can still be sensible and good company." She shrugged, "Of course, if one considers a lifelong mate to be a priority, it can be best to choose a mate of your species. Otherwise they may die too soon, or outlive you by centuries."

~~
The medics would check everyone who came in, making sure to ask about any health problems or issues the patients wanted to mention. Any injured dragons who showed up would be checked extra carefully if they were okay with that, and if there was anything that needed treatment, the medics would recommend that the patient come back, or arrange a visit with a medic.

Mostly they were able to keep the checkups pretty short, and fairly physically and emotionally painless. Making sure nothing was traumatic was a pretty high priority, seeing as they didn't want to scare off anyone from coming in for a checkup.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:41 pm

Esk shook his head. "No, more the whole... I dunno, attitudes toward sex and relationships is so different. Vavare will screw anyone and consider like sex and actual mating to be totally different things, Kevali have their whole soul bonding thing, Star Dragons apparently have this whole sex means marriage shit.. It's just asking for trouble getting involved with someone who's.. I dunno.. attitude or like... biology don't match up. " He shrugged. "maybe that's why there's so much drama around here. Too many people hooking up with aliens." He went back to his food. "That or all this lot are just fucking nuts." Or all relationships were just stupidly complicated, there was that too. "Do relationships always suck or is it just this lot being crap at the whole thing?"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:04 pm

The only physical problems were the few females that had had their wings broken, though the bones had healed, looking like it had happened a long time ago, maybe even back before their world had been destroyed and their king and queen killed, when they had had a reason to fight their capture and a place to go home to. The rest were without major injuries and mostly without sickness or minor injuries. They were hard to hurt in their dragon forms after all, a few healing cuts from the battle was the extent of physical maladies for them.
~~~
Shane let Ellie take him wherever she wanted. He didn't care where they went, they were friends and dating in a way. He did want to make her happy, so he wasn't protesting this move, plus it ended that conversation with Tala.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:05 pm

Kay frowned at the injuries the females had, old injury or not, he empathised quite a bit with broken wings. It wasn't fun. But so long as they had adequate mobility and could still fly, such scars were something nothing much could be done for.

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:17 pm

Tala nodded. "That is true, the requirements are different for many species. I doubt it is the source of all the problems here though, it is simple enough to ask your partner if they desire more or less sex. There is no reason for drama to be had." She wiggled her ears, "Relationships need not suck, they can be most excellent if one is not opposed to communication. My mate and I have had many happy years, and few fights, for we were willing to discuss our disputes and compromise." She'd actually had a pretty good marriage, her only regret was being away from her mate so long.

~~
By the time the medics were done checking the dragons who had decided to come see them, nothing terrible had happened. Yay!

Asher remembered Kay's pain from his broken wings, and felt sorry for the dragons who had been hurt, but unless their wings needed resetting, he didn't bother them about it. Old injuries weren't something that usually needed to be brought up.

~~
Ellie took Shane to her room, and got out her phone with a movie to watch. It was some really dumb romcom thing, subtitled in Common, but with dialogue English. Whoo.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:26 pm

Esk frowned. "but you never even see her." Hard to fight with someone you never saw. He still found same sex relationships particualrly bizarre, somehow more weird than dating aliens. It was just.. wrong in his mind.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next