Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Eight

4 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Eight - Page 23 Empty Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Eight

Post by Kooshie Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:04 pm

First topic message reminder :

"Cause Esk is lazy and he wants someone to wait on Dawn, even though he has a massive crush on her and could wait on her himself," James grumbled. "At least that's what I assume was his motivation," he amended. "Your brother is weird. So Dawn's probably okay and not infected, that's good at least."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Eight - Page 23 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Eight

Post by Kooshie Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:37 am

Ethan nodded. "One thing I've always been grateful for, at least I'm not coded to dream." He was quite sure that, had he been able to dream, his dreams would all have sucked. "So, do you suppose anyone's tried to pick up any strays in the city yet, or gotten themselves arrested?"

~~
Ellie glared at Esk. "He wasn't old enough yet, okay? Half star dragons mature slower than terrans do, man, I had no idea until I talked to mirror Shane." Although why she hadn't immediately tried to take him to her room now he was old enough was another matter entirely.

~~
Tala blinked. "Eggs are not that hard to pass. I have seen many a dam lay one in only a few hours. Besides, young one, the eggs of your species are most small! They are naught compared to the hideous size and many appendages of the terran newborn!!" Sex ed from a minotaur. Oh dear.

Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Eight - Page 23 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Eight

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:08 am

Esk shrugged. aliens were weird man. "So he didn't even think to tell you that when you started calling him your boyfriend?" Man, harsh. He wondered why, would that not be you know, kinda an essential thing to mention to someone you were involved with? Eugh, relationships, they were stupid and confusing. He stopped walking. "You sure he's at all interested now?" he didn't really seem to be to Esk, but hey, what'd he know.

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:21 am

"He didn't know, he was twenty-something, so by terran standards he was grown up already," Ellie said with a frown. "Of course he's interested! We've been dating for months! I even asked him once and he said we were dating, so there!" She didn't look sure though, she had had a huge crush on Shane, but somehow she'd never entirely gotten the impression he was as crazy about her. More often, it seemed like he was interested in keeping her out of trouble and correcting her mistakes, which kind of had the side effect of temporarily killing her crush on him. Although it always came back eventually, because he was cute.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:37 am

Esk glanced back at Ellie, nope, he decided, he didn't want to touch this mess. "alright." He started walking again.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:53 am

Ellie glared at Esk's back, but kept following him to the cafeteria. She had a boyfriend, dammit, really!

~~
Asher looked to Kay and James thoughtfully, frowning. "You know, I think it would probably be wise for us to be giving the star dragons checkups too, to make sure they're all right." Who knew what the slavers might have exposed those poor guys to, ugh.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:56 am

Kay blinked, how had he not thought about that? he nodded. [That's a very good idea. It'd be worth making sure they weren't carryign anything or otherwise in ill health.]
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:59 am

Esk ignored the glares, though he could feel Ellie's eyes on his back and it was kinda uncomfortable.
They made it to the cafeteria.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:11 am

"We can get their names in the system, scan them, and run some blood tests if they'll let us. It shouldn't take too long to do," Asher said. He frowned. "Although some of them may not be very comfortable around medics. Or males, for that matter."

"We can ask Dawn to see anyone who doesn't want to talk to us," James said. "She's probably still pretty tired out from exploring the city, but we can send her over later."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:14 am

Kay nodded. [It may also feel a little too much like processing.] He remembered only too well their arrival on mirror vestia. [Perhaps we should ask them to come to us, as and when they feel ready to do so? ] He wasn't really sure, how did you handle ex slaves? eugh.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:40 am

Asher nodded. "That's a good point. We don't want them to feel like they have no choice in the matter, like we're just treating them like animals." He looked uncertain, "Asking them to come here when they're ready is better in some ways, it puts the situation in their hands. Some of them may not be comfortable in medical facilities though, so we should make sure they know we're fine with visiting anyone who doesn't feel comfortable here."

"Yeah. We so do not need someone having a freakout at the sight of the med bay," James agreed. Oh yeah, he'd heard the stories about Heny. Her fear of medical facilities was practically legendary by now. "Options are good. It'll be good if each one of the dragons decides for themselves what they're okay with."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:12 pm

Kay nodded, looking grim. [Perhaps we should discuss this with Starr?]
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:52 pm

"Yeah, that'd probably be good. I'm sure she can help us out, and maybe reassure the dragons as well," James said.

"They seem to trust her a lot, it'd be good to get her okay, which might help their peace of mind," Asher agreed. Starr had been willing to let them give her a checkup, she'd probably encourage her people to do the same.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:01 pm

Kay nodded. [Vestia, can you ask Starr to meet us please?]
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:32 pm

"Will do," Vestia said. She'd ask Starr to come talk to the medics when she had a moment.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:40 pm

Kooshie wrote:Ethan nodded. "One thing I've always been grateful for, at least I'm not coded to dream." He was quite sure that, had he been able to dream, his dreams would all have sucked. "So, do you suppose anyone's tried to pick up any strays in the city yet, or gotten themselves arrested?"

~~
Ellie glared at Esk. "He wasn't old enough yet, okay? Half star dragons mature slower than terrans do, man, I had no idea until I talked to mirror Shane." Although why she hadn't immediately tried to take him to her room now he was old enough was another matter entirely.

~~
Tala blinked. "Eggs are not that hard to pass. I have seen many a dam lay one in only a few hours. Besides, young one, the eggs of your species are most small! They are naught compared to the hideous size and many appendages of the terran newborn!!" Sex ed from a minotaur. Oh dear.
Shane didn't know what to say to that, it was too weird of a conversation for him.

~~~
Starr looked up and nodded before heading for the door to go to the med bay
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:53 pm

Ellie and Esk reached the cafeteria. Ellie frowned at the sight of Shane. Crap.

"Greetings Ellie! We were just discussing you!" Tala declared.

Ellie frowned more. "What were you saying about me?"

~~
Asher smiled and waved to Starr when she came in. "Hello Starr, I hope we didn't drag you away from anything."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:09 pm

Esk smirked at Tala's proclamation. Hmmm.

He went to get himself food and settle in for this entertainment.

---

Kay nodded to Starr.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:05 pm

Shane looked to Ellie then to Tale before looking at his plate. "Nothing much, just possibilities.

~~~
Starr smiled and shook her head. "No, I was just watching the local news in the rec room."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:15 pm

"He said it was best to be friends, and that he does not know how eggs work in Terrans," Tala said. She might have been trying to stir the pot, or she might just be oblivious. It was hard to tell.

Ellie's eyes narrowed. "What does that mean, Shane?"

~~
James smiled. "Glad we didn't bother you. We were just talking about how we thought we should give the new star dragons checkups, to make sure they're all healthy. We wanted to know how you thought we should handle it."

"We don't want to make them feel like they have no choice, and we don't want them to be put in any situation that would be overly uncomfortable for them," Asher added. "Their recent history being what it is, we want to be cautious about how we handle this."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:46 pm

"Terran's don't lay eggs." Esk pointed out. He found somewhere to sit, laid his sketchbook down on the table and started to eat, watching all this with dull amusement. Who needed tv when you had your own personal soap opera going on right here?

---

Kay nodded. [We thought you might be able to help, being someone they trust.]

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:49 pm

Shane frowned then sighed and shook his head a little, motioning to Esk. "Like he said, Terrans don't normally lay eggs, but if we become mates there is that possibility of you having eggs, I think. Like I was telling Tala, I don't really know if that would happen or if it could. I mean, there could be a possibility of having children like a Terran, since I am half-blood, not full blood." Yep, he was about as red-faced as he could get at this point. He facepalmed and shook his head again. "All this from telling her we aren't mates and that I am scared of what could happen if we did become mates."

~~~
Starr nodded at their words, looking thoughtful. "From what I have heard from them, they were kept healthy enough there. Avolore Hold mostly sold off the babies to be raised by the buyers or a telepath of their choosing." She said then shuddered "But it is good to check and be sure there is no form of tracking chip or sickness in any of them. I will ask them to come to the med bay or arrange an appointment in their rooms, or a neutral room." She paused then nodded as if listening "Yes, either in here or in a neutral room nearby. They are already seeing their individual rooms as a 'safe' place and do not want intrusions without permission. They will talk among themselves the come four at a time or send messages to call them when you are ready to a rec room or conference room as you choose."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:00 pm

Starrnico wrote:
Lord Heny wrote:
He winced and shivered at her touch, though she was able to take away some of the pain the poor kid was still extremely miserable.
"How does that feel?" Sawna asked gently, moving back a step and giving him a soft smile. "Shall we get to your room so you can be more comfortable?"
He nodded at the suggestion, “H-hurt still, room keeps spinning.” He whined a bit.

Admin
Admin

https://vestiaswanderings.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:38 pm

Ellie stared at the group. What the heck sort of a conversation was that? "I'm not having any kids, eggs or no," she said firmly. "For your information, I got an implant to prevent that. AND I tell every guy to wear condoms. I don't know what mates are in your culture, but I thought we were dating. Are we?" She glared.

Tala watched curiously, chewing slowly. She was with Esk on this one, it was shaping up to be pretty entertaining.

~~
Asher smiled softly. "Thank you for talking to them. We won't visit them at their rooms without their permission, and we'll do our best to accommodate their preferences. Tell them they don't need to have their checkups immediately, they can wait a few days if they prefer. And if they want Dawn to see them instead, or simply don't want a checkup at all, then that's all right too, we'll respect their wishes."

"Tell them also that we know they've been through some major crap, and we're not going to make them go through any more crap if we can help it," James added.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:00 am

Esk munched his cereal, saying nothing. Oh Shane, you were in shit now.

----

Kay nodded.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:01 am

Starr nodded and relayed the information so that they could figure out what they wanted to do among themselves. "They know, though some wish to just get this done and over with, so they will be coming to see you." She said with a smile.

~~
Shane pushed his plate away and sighed, shaking his head a little. "This started with Tala calling us mates and me saying we aren't mates, at least not yet, and some of the reasons why because it's not something I have asked anyone about or had a chance to look up information for. We are dating, we are friends, but we aren't mates. We may be in the future, or we may break up, I don't know. Seeing the future is not a star dragon talent. To me, to us, mates is like marriage, even if not necessarily for a lifetime."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:04 am

Lord Heny wrote:
He nodded at the suggestion, “H-hurt still, room keeps spinning.” He whined a bit.
Sawna nodded and offered her hand to him "I could carry you if you wish, or just be here to lean against." That catnip stuff really messed the kid up.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:44 am

"All right, we'll get things ready then," Asher said. He looked to Kay and James, "A blood test and a scan are probably the most important things, as well as names and maybe ages, if they want that information in our system. We can also ask them if they have any health issues they'd like to mention to us."

~~
Ellie looked somewhat less pissed off at that, at least. Still not exactly friendly though. She turned her glare on Tala,  "Nobody is my mate, nobody WILL be my mate, and you don't get to ask about it, or discuss whether I lay eggs because that's MY business, not yours."

Tala wiggled her ears slightly. "Of course, young one. I do not think an egg would be hard to pass though Terrans are more sturdy than they look, and their young are disturbingly bulbous and multi-limbed."

Ellie glared at Tala. "Not funny, cow lady."

Tala cow-smiled at Ellie.

Ellie glared at Shane again, "Do you want to be dating me though? Cause I know you think I'm irresponsible, and I'm pretty sure you think I'm ignorant too."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next