Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Eight

4 posters

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Eight - Page 32 Empty Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Eight

Post by Kooshie Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:04 pm

First topic message reminder :

"Cause Esk is lazy and he wants someone to wait on Dawn, even though he has a massive crush on her and could wait on her himself," James grumbled. "At least that's what I assume was his motivation," he amended. "Your brother is weird. So Dawn's probably okay and not infected, that's good at least."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Eight - Page 32 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Eight

Post by Starrnico Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:55 am

Starr looked over the contract again before signing it then took a piece of paper and wrote the coordinates, passing both back to him once done.

Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Eight - Page 32 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Eight

Post by Kooshie Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:27 am

Tori relaxed a bit, seeing that Dawn looked friendly and Kay didn't look hostile. That was a good sign, if nobody outright hated her presence, then the didn't need to be too scared. She nodded. "Hello, I'm Tori. Yes, I worked in a hospital for seven years. Not doing anything like surgery or prescribing medicine of course, but I was pretty much a nurse for my four last years there, except without the job title."

~~
Mei smiled at Mourn's confidence. It was sweet. The felid just seemed so enthusiastic about what he had done, and what he was planning to do.

"We should leave you alone to do... whatever it is you're going to do," Carlos said to Mourn. "Thank you for your time."

~~
The three androids all watched the signing carefully. They all figured it might be good to have video evidence of all this at some point.

Ellie fidgeted.

Tala just watched, still suspicious of Hytar.

Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:47 am

Dawn smiled at that and nodded "That's good. I just got my credentials as a doctor. It'll be good to have a trained nurse, and if you want to learn more, you can. None of us will stop you." She said happily then looked to Kay. "I had an idea. With Tori joining us, maybe we should take the upper med bay, let you keep this one since we have more people now?"
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:04 am

Mourn nodded. "I work, figure out code. Find robot if need yes?"

---

Esk folded his arms and glowered.

Matt looked a bit anxious.

Hytar took the paper and signed it himself, pulling away the backing to hand Starr the duplicate.

"Now, issss there anything elsssse?" He looked around the assembled group.

Silence caught his eye.

"your mother isss well child." Hytar told her, answering that unspoken question.

Silence nodded, looking grateful.

---

Kay nodded, that sounded quite useful. [Dawn recently completed her medical qualifications, I was a triage nurse before I came here. Another set of hands will be useful.] He paused, thinking of James. [You don't have a weird phobia of blood right?]

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:44 am

Tori blinked at Kay's question, then looked amused. "I wouldn't be inquiring about this job if I was scared of blood. The First Law doesn't like seeing blood so it urges me to make sure patients are treated quickly, but that's not the same thing. Why do you ask?"
She looked to Dawn, "You're thinking about setting up a second med bay?"

~~
"Sounds good. Thank you Mourn." Ivan and the others headed for the door to leave Mourn to his projects.

~~
Asher couldn't think of anything else, that he was willing to pay Hytar for and trust him to do the way Asher intended. He stayed silent.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:09 pm

[The medical center is substantially larger than this, and better equipped. We have a lot more people on board now, it might be worth looking into relocating at least some of the medical facility.] He shrugged. he liked the idea of keeping this small medical room as his own and Asher's territory, but the pragmatic side of him was well aware a larger medical facility was crucial now they had so many here and more to come.

[James is unreasonably strange about blood, it's irritating.] Kay explained to Tori. [Though i'm not sure it's not just an attempt to get out of doing any real work.] James was after all it seemed, terminally lazy.

--

Mourn waved "bye bye robots"

----

Esk looked to Silence, frowning. "Why'd you want them with us?" he asked, nodding toward the shifter.

Hytar tilted his head at his son, looking bemused. "Ivor needed training, ssshe wissshed to accompany him. "

"but why US." Esk persisted. "You no doubt have access to people who can train one telepath how to control their power so why us? Why here?" He really didn't trust the man. he was certain there was some scheme here.

Hytar just chuckled. "I'm ssssure you'll work it out eventually my boy. It'sss quite obvioussss when you ssstop to think about it."

Esk glared. "Just answer the damn question!"

Hytar smiled.

Toby tensed, hand going to her gun.

"I have my reassssonsss for entrussssting them to your sssship'ssss care, but thosssse reassssonssss, I asssure you, are of no concern nor threat to anyone on board. Your crew have proven themsssselvesss to be very... creative and efficient, and I know you will not harm either of them. Of all placessss, here isss, believe it or not, the sssafessst place for them. "

"but why do you care? what's so important about two random people?" Esk looked frustrated.

Matt frowned. Esk had a point, but Hytar didn't seem very willing to be open about this. Was it really that important?

Hytar laughed. "They're important to her mother, and sssshe isss a very ussseful asssset to me." That probably wasn't the whole truth, Hytar seldom gave the whole truth in anything he said.

Silence tilted her head at Esk.

"Esk..." Matt looked to his brother. "It doesn't matter... okay?"

Esk looked annoyed. "I'll figure out your game old man, you're up to something."

Hytar smiled and bowed his head. "I have no doubt you will my boy."

Esk growled.

Toby and the other guard moved to stand but Hytar put a hand on both their shoulders and rose himself.
"If that issss all, I have preparationssss to make." he looked to the star dragon Starr had assigned as liason. "And I believe you and I have a conversssation to have yesss? "

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:09 pm

Starr took the copy, looking to it then to the two speakers, nodding and standing as Hytar did. "We will care for them, as we said before." She said gently, wanting to ease the tension here.

Travis nodded and stood. "Aye, I suppose we do. I can walk with you, our transport is closer to your ship anyway."

Sawna stood too, looking over the people with Hytar's group again. So many interesting people around.

~~~
Dawn smiled at Kay and nodded "It would be good to have it open, it was designed to treat the passengers, but we should keep you here for the crew, that way someone is relatively close if there's an emergency." She was cementing her position on this crew in a way too, her declaration that she intended to stay with Vestia even if her uncle left. "well, unless we all move up to the other rooms, then it wouldn't matter cause we'd all be in one area most of the time."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:29 pm

Tori laughed at the description of James. She supposed a free android might have every right to be lazy if they wanted to.
She looked around the room. "I'm not sure how many people are currently on this ship, but this med bay does seem a little small to handle very many people." It'd be fine for normal checkups and small incidents of course, but there weren't nearly enough places to fit a large number of injured or sick people. "How many people are on board now, anyway? Not counting androids, of course."

~~
The androids left Mourn, and headed off to look around some more. Exploring was good, and they felt a little more confident now.

~~
Tala got up. "This has been a most pleasing meeting. I hope the businesses of these people shall proceed in satisfaction." Whatever that meant.

Ethan got up. He was pretty glad this meeting was over, it had been interesting, but a bit long.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:02 pm

Kay frowned, he wasn't entirely sure. He looked up to Vestia for a number and nodded to Dawn, hmm, she really was planning to stay wasn't she?

He wanted to ask her how she was feeling but figured that could probably wait till Tori wasn't here.

---

Hytar smiled and nodded to everything, putting the contract carefully away in the inside pocket of his suit jacket. "Very well." He told Travis, indicating that his staff follow.

Toby shot a glare at Esk as she stood.

Esk glared back.

She, the guard and the valet all followed Hytar out.

"well that was uh.. interesting?" Matt said as Hytar and his crew left.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:22 pm

Vestia told them the number. It was pretty big, all those new refugees were adding up.

Tori looked surprised. She'd sort of expected there to be more people on such a big ship. Still, it was certainly too many for this med bay. "It would be a good idea to expand then," she said.

~~
"Yeah... interesting," Ellie agreed. "Was he like you imagined, other than the height?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:00 pm

Matt frowned. "I dunno... It's kinda spooky..."

Esk sighed and stomped off for the exit, he didn't want to sit here and listen to Matt and Ellie muse over how much like his dad he was or whatever, it was fucking annoying.

Matt looked a bit guilty. "esk!" he called after his brother but Esk wasn't slowing down.

Matt looked back at Ellie. "oops?"

----

Kay nodded again. [Thank you Vestia.]
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:35 pm

Ellie blinked. "I mean it is spooky though, he may not like it but it's true." She looked sheepish, "Guess he doesn't want to hear that."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:42 pm

Matt nodded. "yeah.. " He wheeled backward a little and awkwardly maneuvered his chair so they could get outta here. "Well his mother always hated the guy, had nothing good to say about him. I guess it's kinda... hard to know you look a lot like a man your own mother couldn't stand." He sighed. "then again, he looks a lot like his mom too. Especially when he glares." That thought brought a small smile to Matt's face. "I don't think he'd like that either."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:47 pm

Ellie shook her head. "Poor guy, that's gotta be no fun. Looking like people you don't even like." She followed Matt. "I dunno though, he's pretty cute if you're into aliens, so he should be proud of it."

~~
James looked to Swarm. "Guys, have you seen Luka or Rigel?" He muttered to them.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:55 pm

Matt laughed. "It's the scales isn't it?" Ellie had a thing for dragons and sparkles didn't she? hah.

Swarm moved side to side in a 'no' gesture. "they.... went... to... test... ship" they spelled out, that was as much as they knew.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:58 pm

Ellie giggled. "Can't confirm, can't deny. I don't want him though, if you're wondering, he's a jerk." She had no clue what Dawn saw in that man, personality-wise.

~~
James frowned. "Yeah, I saw them leave this morning, I guess they never came back? Maybe I should text them." He had a bad feeling about this.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:03 pm

Matt shrugged. "He's got issues. I'm pretty sure under all that bristly dickishness he's not a bad person. Then again, he's my baby brother so i'm probably biased right?" He waved a hand. "weird to meet Hytar at last though. I mean, you think we can trust him?" He frowned a little. Years of thinking of the guy as a monster, it was hard to shake that unease. And Hytar didn't exactly hide his craftiness.

---

Swarm nodded. --maybe-- --distracted-- --maybe-- --in-- --danger-- --maybe-- they started chittering amongst themselves and stopped being able to form coherent words.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:08 pm

Ellie nodded. "I hear you're supposed to protect siblings. I never had any to protect, so I dunno." She looked thoughtful. "Hytar seemed nice when I talked to him, but I dunno. It could all be a big lie, to try and get secrets. Or maybe he's changed." She shrugged. "He sure was a good listener though."

~~
"I'm gonna text them. If they're hurt, we need to know," James said. He pulled out his tablet and typed out a message to Rigel, [Where r u boss?]
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:10 pm

Matt frowned. "mmm..." good listener huh? another thing he had in common with his son. How unnerving. "Well he freed the last lot of dragons right? and theyr'e all like.. safe... maybe he... actually isn't as evil as Esk likes to claim he is?" He didn't know, but anyone who killed slavers and freed slaves couldn't be that bad right?

---

Swarm bobbed up and down. --could-- --go-- --looking-- they suggested.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:14 pm

"He didn't roll his eyes at my theories at all, it was great," Ellie said. She was used to people laughing at her ideas about who was dating here. "And yeah, he freed those dragons, so he kept that promise. Esk says he's pure evil, but Esk isn't always right." Just usually right.

~~
"If Rigel doesn't respond asap, we're totally going looking for them," James said. "They took the Silver Devil, which means they have all my stuff with them, man!"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:17 pm

Matt nodded. "Guess we just have to wait and see. Hope he follows that contract." He shrugged. "Esk's got a lot of reasons to hate the guy but like.. he's worked with him before now hasn't he? He did that whole thing to free Rigel." Why would you work with someone you didn't trust and thought was evil? It didn't make much sense to Matt.

He glanced over at James. "So what IS this about Rigel?"

Swarm chittered. "Lost, elsewhere, missing, maybe just busy, not here not here."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:19 pm

Rigel sent a message back to them [found a carnival, decided to explore it]

~~~
"Androids are people to us." Dawn said to Tori as they got the numbers "Do you want to go see the other medical facility?"
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:22 pm

"Maybe Esk likes to exaggerate," Ellie suggested.

James read Rigel's reply before answering. "They found a carnival, they're exploring it. Pretty sketchy if you ask me." He wrote back, [Come back soon, you have my pinup girl posters].

~~
Tori smiled softly. "I was asking about the organic patients, since they're the ones we'll be treating. Androids are people too, but they don't need med bays." She nodded, "I'd like to see the other facility."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:25 pm

"We could always make a room an android medical place, one central place to keep the extra skin, glue and all that you need." Dawn suggested with a smile and a shrug.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:28 pm

Rigel looked at the message and laughed, shaking his head. [How was the meeting?] yeah, he knew they had missed it.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:40 pm

"That's an idea," Tori agreed. With the huge number of androids here, she could definitely see that becoming useful. "For now I'd think the priority would be organic medical facilities though, since android health issues progress much more slowly in general."

~~
[I'll tell you in person. Luka with you?] James replied, instead of just being useful and answering.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:11 pm

Dawn smiled again and nodded "It's something to think about, and plan a place to have it, probably the level you all live on if not in or near one of these." She said, standing up to go to the guest medical facility.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next