Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

4 posters

Page 5 of 39 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 39  Next

Go down

UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX - Page 5 Empty UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

Post by Kooshie Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

Ethan nodded. "I guess that makes sense. Do they execute the ruler, or do they have to keep them alive?" He probably had too many questions.

~~
"Oh, I know that feeling," Vestia said sympathetically. She watched Amari snooze. Aww.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX - Page 5 Empty Re: UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

Post by Kooshie Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:19 pm

The camera eyed Marcus. "Eugenics programs are never the answer," she agreed. She wasn't a history buff, but she knew enough to know that that sort of thing never ended well.

Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX - Page 5 Empty Re: UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

Post by Admin Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:29 pm

"No they aren't, my kind been fucked up by them. Unfortunately there many who think they still are." There was a slight growl in his voice.

Admin
Admin

https://vestiaswanderings.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:55 am

Vestia was glad this guy hadn't picked up that particular belief from his time as a slave. Nope, even if he was odd in other ways, at least he didn't subscribe to that belief.
Yay.
The camera nodded in agreement.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:08 am

Marcus would roll his neck, "Is it near time for asher to do another check up?"

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:39 am

Matt finally glanced up at Ellie. "I'm sorry, i'm usually a lot better at not freaking out." He winced.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:12 am

"He'll be doing one this evening, you've got a couple hours to go," Vestia said. "For now, I suggest listening to those audiobooks or something."

~~
Ellie patted Matt's head again, because it was at a convenient height for that. She figured out might be reassuring. "It's okay. Seriously, everyone understands." Thalia had better understand, grr grr.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:16 am

"You're such a good friend Ellie." Matt lifted himself up so he could hug her.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:20 am

Ellie hugged Matt back. "Aww, yay."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:16 am

Marcus nodded taking her suggestion.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:07 am

(Just dropping in this megapost, and then we can skip to the Silver Devil's return or something? Very Happy)

Asher wheeled into the room where the other androids had gathered, bracing himself for this meeting he'd arranged. Bess had approached him a few days ago, asking him about why he was dating an organic, and the resulting uncomfortable conversation had only been matched in unpleasantness by the looks of concern and disapproval he’d been getting from all the new androids from time to time ever since. Even Moriah’s assurance that she thought it was sweet, and that the others would come around eventually, didn’t do much to ease his worries.

So he’d taken to avoiding the other androids when he could.

Today he couldn’t avoid them. But at least he didn't have to worry about the "dating an organic" thing, because he was going to drop a much bigger bombshell on these poor androids.

The five other androids looked at him curiously when he came in. Moriah smiled brightly, while the other four smiled their smiles that looked fake, but might be completely genuine, for all Asher could tell. Five series android facial expressions were confusing sometimes.

“Why did you call this meeting?” Levi asked, looking curious.

Asher let the door shut behind him, before he answered. “I have an important political matter to discuss with you, concerning the future of our species.”

The androids went still. “That sounds pretty serious,” Bess said.

“It is serious,” Asher agreed. “For the past year, I’ve been planning a campaign to convince the Terran Empire to recognize androids as living beings. I’ve been talking to several Sapient RIghts organizations about how I should carry this mission out, and they’ve responded with a great deal of interest and support. The process will be dangerous, I’m sure you could have guessed that, but ultimately I think it will be possible to get the support of the Terran Empire, and see our people freed, or at least given protection by the law.”

“You’re kidding,” Naomi said. “That’s suicide for you. That’s opening the floodgates to all-out genocide for everyone else. They won’t stop with just the Sixes this time, they’ll kill all of us. Every Five, every Seven, every docile, brain-dead Eight. Then they’ll kill everyone from every other manufacturer too, just for not being organic. They’ll turn us into so much scrap metal, melted down to be recycled, or kept as trophies. Do you want that?”

All the androids winced at “scrap metal”. Yeah, that wasn’t the sort of language any of them liked, it hit waaay too close to home.

Asher shivered at Naomi’s words. He nodded. “It is a huge risk,” he agreed. “I’d be lying if I said otherwise. But what’s the other option? Another fifty or more years of android suffering? Generations of confused young androids being sent to wealthy, bored owners, or to corporations that treat them as nothing more than machines to do work? More ‘defective’ androids like the Sixes being created and killed off, without anyone even looking for ways to fix them? Anti-robot gangs cornering helpless androids, forcing them to let themselves be brutally destroyed, or forcing them to disassemble themselves, and the androids knowing that even if they do survive this, they’ll never get to see their attackers face justice?
“I know that what the campaign might cause might be terrible. But the way things are now is also terrible, and the thought of millions more androids growing up the way we did is repugnant to me. If we can put a stop to the cruel industry that built us, then we should. The crimes they’ve committed against us in cold blood deserve to be punished, and they never will be if nobody takes a stand.”

The other androids were silent for a while, thinking that over.

“He raises a good point. Someone needs to fuck over those corporations, and no organic is going to do that for us,” Naomi said.

“And we’ve seen way too many young androids suffer,” Levi agreed.

“What’s your plan?” asked Bess.

Asher outlined the plan briefly but clearly, explaining how he was going to

“You expect the Terran Empire to side with you?” Naomi asked skeptically.

“I expect them to become very concerned about ending up on the wrong side of history,” Asher said drily. “They don't want to alienate their neighboring empires, or lose the respect of the people.”

“You know, I think this might work,” Moriah said. Her eyes brightened. “Just imagine! Maybe someday all the androids will be free!”

“It almost seems possible,” Levi agreed softly.

Naomi grudgingly nodded. Even Tobias looked thoughtful.

“There's still all the people who are going to die,” Bess reminded the others.

“It's better than another few million androids living the way we did,” Moriah said. “None of us have exactly had great lives, have we? We wouldn't wish them on anyone else.”

The others shook their heads.

“So what do you want us to do?” Tobias asked Asher.

Asher smiled softly. “I wanted to know what you thought of my plan. Since it involves the entirety of our species, I wanted to at least discuss it with a few more androids before I carried it out.”

“Well, I guess the consensus is that your idea sucks less than doing nothing did,” Naomi said.

Asher nodded. “Frankly, I didn't expect a more positive response than that. Thanks for your time, guys.”

“Glad we could help,” Levi said.

Asher left the group and wheeled off, thinking. The androids, well at least this small group of androids, didn't hate his plan. He'd been in touch with Sapient Rights groups, and they'd supported his idea. Vestia would reach Terra in about a month. Maybe he should strike while the iron was hot.
But he needed to discuss this with a few people before committing, and he needed to think it over. He'd wait a while longer before he decided when to do this.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:55 am

(So when this timeskip? >w>)

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:49 pm

MAY 30, 2790

Vestia traveled on toward the point in empty space where the Silver Devil would meet up with her again. She didn't see the Silver Devil on radar yet, but they'd show up, she was pretty sure.

~~
Ethan made a point of continuing to bring Starr books regularly, and also took to taking audiobooks to the arran as well sometimes. He wasn't hugely friendly or nice, that wasn't really his nature, but he was trying.

~~
Ellie was still furious about the slaver on board. She'd spent a lot of sleepless nights trying to plan ways to sneak in and kill the guy, but she realized that Vestia wouldn't let her, so she didn't actually try. Bah.

~~
Asher was doing a good job hiding his gloom from everyone, but he kept thinking about Amari, and Danika, and his own plans. He wanted to believe that Amari would learn to control his instincts so he'd be safe here, and he wanted Danika to return now, not in another six months or so. His research and communications were almost welcome, because at least they gave him something to occupy his mind with.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:10 pm

Both Marcus and Amari were well behaved guests, not showing any sign of threat to any one who bother to visit. Amari would use the most of the free time out of the room exploring but nothing destructive, he also took a strong liking to Asher much to even Marcu surprise. The young Arran would perk up when the android came for his checks, but was always gentle and docile sensing he was injured.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:25 pm

Matt continued his physiotherapy sessions with Kay, but he wasn't exactly enthusiastic. He was hopelessly depressed and just didn't much want to do anything, not even get better. Sure he hated being useless, but he just couldn't summon the optimism to believe it was going to change any time soon.
He was barely sleeping and definitely not his usual self.

Kay was desperately worried but had no idea what to say or do. Matt was always the one who was there for everyone else, watching him fall apart was like seeing the fabric of the universe unraveling and honestly, it frightened Kay.

Matt couldn't even be bothered being angry any more, what was the point? Nobody listened to him anyway.
He sulked and kept to himself.

---

Armin kept Starr company for as long as she'd tolerate him.

---

Mourn kept working on that updated android memory code and might just have made a breakthrough... he just needed to run a couple more tests before running it past the androids.

----

Amity continued to help Sawna and anyone else who requested assistance. He was however pretty oblivious to the tension and gloom on board.

----

Hewitt would wander into the library and smirk at Ethan as he picked up books, just to get a rise out of the android. He was a jerk.

----

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:20 pm

Sawna would visit their guests often, she was curious about them and their people.

Starr liked that Ethan was trying to be more outgoing and was friendly to him. She would visit the guests at times, not wanting them to feel unwanted as much. She enjoyed having Armin around too, probably too much.

(How close to hatching are we?)
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:21 pm

Skye spent most of her time on the ranch, it was safe there and she missed Moone less.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:38 pm

Ethan had concluded that Hewitt was just trying to be a nuisance, and that he shouldn't rise to his bait. Sadly, Ethan wasn't actually very good at that, and he was kind of getting in the habit of shooting disgruntled glares at the guy. It didn't help that he had some confusing feelings about Hewitt, which he didn't much like or understand. Humph.

~~
Asher kind of wished that Amari hadn't been so nice. The arran's cooperation with medical treatment was great, and his feline mannerisms were oddly endearing. All that made it very difficult to imagine leaving Amari somewhere, with just his father to help keep him alive. The kid deserved a safe, stable home where he could grow up among people he could trust, but it looked like that home wasn't going to be here, and that was heartbreaking.

He'd noticed Matt's depression, but he had no idea how to even start talking to Matt. He'd made a choice Matt fundamentally disagreed with, and he didn't know how to apologize for that. It was difficult.

~~
Ellie had been staying with Matt as much as she could. If he was depressed, she wanted to be there to support him. He needed someone, and without Thalia around, that job went to his brother or his drinking buddy, right?

~~
The androids were working on some projects for Vestia. Moriah was still speculating about the mysterious new guests.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:42 pm

Amari would be dozing off as he waited for Asher to come; marcus would notice the attachment but knew it wouldn't last. He sighed obviously thinking while he sat in a nearby longue. It would be insane to even as this, and he knew what the answer would be but he still wanted to ask.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:54 pm

Vestia was watching quietly, as always. She could tell Marcus had a question, and judging by what she'd seen over the past few days, she had a bad feeling she knew what it was. She shouldn't ask.

But she was curious. "Marcus? What are you thinking about?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:57 pm

He blinked being pulled back to reality, it took the Arran a few moments to composed himself and gather his words. "I know the answer, and I know I asking this wouldn't change the outcome... It about Amari." He took a deep breath, "He, grown attach to Asher in a way he won't ever towards me..." marcus faulted off, he really wasn't going to ask this could he?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:00 pm

Aww crap, Vestia knew where this was heading. "Go on," she said, not wanting to put Marcus's idea into words herself.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:04 pm

He took a deep breath, "I already know the answer but I am going to foolishly ask it anyway, is there a remote chance that Amari could fall under your care and protection? I can gives funds if desired... I just... I can't handle living with the thought of having a child that viewed me as a master and not a equal."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:09 pm

There it was, the big question. Vestia thought it over, she didn't want to reply too hastily. "Marcus, it's not the funding we're concerned about," she said finally. "But you've said it yourself, Amari's instincts are strong. Sometimes we have children on board, and we have passengers who have been forced to live in fear of other passengers before. We don't want to go through that again." She added, "And Asher has some plans of his own he needs to handle. He might not always be able to be there for Amari."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:11 pm

"I'll be truthful, Amari behavior has changed while here... but I will understand and respect if you desire to keep everyone safe." Marcus sighed, he knew the answer would be no. It was obvious but he didn't want to admit.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:18 pm

"We don't like to turn anyone away, you can probably tell that, but our priority has to be the safety of everyone," Vestia said. They could not have another Third on board. Ever.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:22 pm

He nodded, "I do personally believe in the right safe environment he would grow and florish. By my kind standard he just a child barely a teen, easy to influence or easy to corupt. I do understand yiur fewrs though, you have carried some rather power and unstable beings who have done who knows what to the crew." Marcus remarked.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:27 pm

Vestia sighed, looking at Amari through another of her cameras. "We'll drop you guys off somewhere reasonably safe, that's all I can promise," she said.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 39 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 39  Next