UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

Page 4 of 39 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21 ... 39  Next

Go down

UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

Post by Kooshie on Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

Ethan nodded. "I guess that makes sense. Do they execute the ruler, or do they have to keep them alive?" He probably had too many questions.

~~
"Oh, I know that feeling," Vestia said sympathetically. She watched Amari snooze. Aww.
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Bianca, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia

Back to top Go down

Re: UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

Post by Kooshie on Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:16 pm

"Yeah, hopefully they can have a peaceful life. What a legacy to try to escape," Vestia said. "Lai did seem nice, I'm sure she'll be a good mom."

~~
"He does have that, at least," Asher agreed. He was thinking though, was it really right to kick a kid out of a safe home like Vestia? It would be so easy to give Amari somewhere safe to live.
Maybe that was just his father instinct talking though.
He sighed.

~~
"I know," Ellie said sadly. "We want our families back, not these creeps. Now we have to get rid of them before we can go find them." She kept petting Matt's hair, "We'll get them gone, really."

Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:27 pm

Kay recognised that look. Asher's better nature getting a hold of him. [He's dangerous Asher, right now, from all we know about him, he's dangerous. We're going to get the children, they deserve a safe home.] Damnit they'd just gotten rid of the keepers and the anamcara and their bullshit, couldn't they just have some PEACE and security?

---

Matt nodded vaguely, covering his face with his hands. "I hate being stuck in this stupid chair." He mumbled.

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:35 pm

"I know, I know," Asher said tiredly. Yeah, that was a good point about the children. The thought of Danika being attacked in a moment of uncontrolled instinct made him feel ill. She was so tiny and gentle, if Amari attacked her, she'd never stand a chance. "You're right, we have to focus on our own safety first."

~~
"You're getting better, right?" Ellie asked, continuing to pet Matt's hair, "It's gotta stink being stuck this way, but you'll walk again, right?"
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:55 pm

Kay nodded and sat down at his desk, relieved Asher saw it his way. [We can't take on every cause we come across, we'll never achieve anything if we try to solve the whole universe's problems.]

---

Matt shrugged.
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:59 pm

"Lai was, a special creature in herself. I, personally think she was part of the reason why he started to change. She gave him hope that maybe he could actually escape." Marcus shrugged, going to see where his son has chose to pout. He was impressed on how, behave he was here. None the less, even if Amari was feeling safe here they wouldn't willing accept him. Marcua was doubtful even if Amari gain full control that Vestia crew would accept him, really who would accept a 'pure' arran.

Amari would of coil up in one of the lounge seats, holding a pillow like a teddy bear he hissed at Marcus who ignored it to give a soft scratch behind Amari's ear which made him suddenly docile. His behavior made Marcus wonder if he could ever become 'tame' enough to live a civil life, at this point the line between son and 'pet' was blurred. Would Amari ever allow that line to become clear?

Admin
Admin

http://vestiaswanderings.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:05 pm

"Sometimes i really wish we could try," Asher said quietly. Those years at the space station had made him want to protect and help everyone, but that just wasn't possible. He wheeled back to his own desk and looked at his research again.

~~
"Kay must have said something," Ellie said uncertainly.

~~
"She must be quite something if she could start to make him change," Vestia said. She watched the father and son. It was so strange how Amari acted, almost more like an animal than a person, yet he didn't seem bad. He just seemed different.
She wondered if he could adapt to life as a person, or if he'd be killed before then.
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:12 pm

"Which surprised me since their 'marriage' was nothing more then a simple trade agreement. Something in relation to her culture." Marcus shrugged, softly ruffling the young one hair before leavimf him be. It was clear his mind was on the same subject as Vestia. A part of him wanting to ask, perhaps even plea knowing their past with 'special' needs guests but he knew it would he a slime chance.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:30 pm

"Funny, I wouldn't have thought an arranged marriage could ever end with anything good," Vestia said. She watched Marcus, camera tilting to follow his movements, "How long have you known Amari?" She asked after a moment.
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:37 pm

"Apparently there a offchance they do.." marcus remarked, then pausing, "... A few weeks to be truthful, it been a adjustment to get use to this..." he sighed.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:11 pm

"A few weeks? That's hardly any time at all," Vestia said. "He seems to trust you already, I'm surprised."
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:22 pm

"Trust a relative thing if you think about it. I had to buy him to free him, in his eyes I suspect he views me more as a master then a parental figure." Marcus said, "because of that he won't dare do anything outright to displease... it a situation I wish wasn't true." His voice held a bitter desperation.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:33 pm

"Poor guy. He's that scared of displeasing his owner?" Vestia tried her best to not sound disturbed, but there was definitely a bit of horror in her voice.
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:50 am

Kay glanced over to Asher, he didn't know what to say. He went bck to his maths.

---

Matt grunted. "He doesn't know, just tells me I gotta keep up with the physio blah blah blah." He sounded hopeless. "it's my own stupid fault."
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:28 am

"You don't need to hide the horror about the whole thing, you're not the only ome that doesn't enjoy the thought." He shifted in his seat, "I been in his shoes though... freedom if you never had it seems so foreign that it frightful. I want to push him out of that box but same time, I worry if that what keeping him leashed."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:30 am

Asher looked glumly at his research, thinking about everything except his research. He wasn't an idiot, well, he wasn't an idiot all the time. He got why they needed to be careful and cautious, and not bring mentally unstable people onto the ship. Merith's mixture of pettiness and magical instability,Third's mean-spirited bullying, and the creator boy's mixture of pettiness and universe-tearing power had been proof of that. But Amari's species didn't have the power to destroy universes, and Amari didn't seem especially mean spirited either, and that made this a lot harder. How did anyone ever make the right choice, when every option felt wrong? He wasn't sure he'd ever understand that.

~~
"It's not your fault," Ellie said. "How could it have been your fault? It was the fault of the person who stabbed you. You were just fighting in a war!"

~~
"Oh, I know," Vestia said. "Ethan, the uh, other guy who looks like Asher, he had a bad past. I mean, he's an android with the Three Laws, but we were scared anyway of what he might figure out how to do. He was just... really messed up by what he'd been through." She wondered if that was something Ethan wouldn't have wanted her to mention. Whoops, sorry Ethan. She also wondered if Marcus knew about the Three Laws being removed from Asher, and decided not to mention that they could be removed yet, just in case. "Slavery is really bad stuff. It's always kind of a miracle when former slaves turn out as well adjusted as they sometimes do."
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:38 am

"Indeed it is, everyone for freeing the slave but most don't want to put time into helping them adapt. It a simple thing specially those born and bred into it." He shrugged listening to Vestia, "Indeed, Androids have always confused me, they are treated as slaves by Terran but not deem such... I mean, if they ever develop independent drive, the Terrans would be screw." He mused softly.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:09 am

"I was supposed to be scouting, not... fighting. I got carried away. I was just so angry and they were there and... I wanted them all to die for what they'd done." Matt stifled a sob. "and now Thalia and the kids are stranded and it's gonna be months before we find them again."
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:22 am

"Yeah, it must be hard to imagine any other life, when it's all you've ever known," Vestia agreed. "We always hope that with kindness and support, things will get better for them. But recovery from a life like that is a long process." She didn't remark on Marcus' android comment, she didn't want him to catch wind of what Asher had been planning, by saying the wrong thing.

~~
"Wait, you weren't supposed to scout?" Ellie thought about that. "Oh yeah, I remember. But they like, gave you a dagger, didn't they?" She couldn't remember for sure, those weeks leading up to the battle were all kind of a blur in her memory.
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:47 am

"Sometimes that all they need, those in the sex trade take more. Each person is different, at least people are finally realizing that." Marcus said, adjusting his seat

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:20 am

"It's horrible. And most of the time, there's not much we can do beyond being nice, because none of us are psychologists," Vestia said. "I don't know what the answer is, well I mean the answer is ultimately to make slavery be a thing of the past, but that's next to impossible."
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:35 am

Matt nodded but he didn't look up. "yeah... "
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:51 am

"Well then, what did they expect you to do, not fight?" Ellie sort of hugged Matt. "Thalia's gonna understand, and the kids can wait a bit longer. We all know you had to kill those evil jerks for what they did."
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:34 pm

"Gotta change the culture that allows it..." marcus said. "Though that is near impossible."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:02 pm

"And there will always be psychopaths who like the chance to hurt people," Vestia said. "Not even changing society will cure that."
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:10 pm

"Nope, and it too invasive of rights to 'breed' that out." Marcus said firmly.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:19 pm

The camera eyed Marcus. "Eugenics programs are never the answer," she agreed. She wasn't a history buff, but she knew enough to know that that sort of thing never ended well.
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:29 pm

"No they aren't, my kind been fucked up by them. Unfortunately there many who think they still are." There was a slight growl in his voice.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 39 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21 ... 39  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum