Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Five

4 posters

Page 18 of 41 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 41  Next

Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Five - Page 18 Empty Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Five

Post by Starrnico Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:26 am

First topic message reminder :

Starr shrugged and looked out the window again. "I don't know. I just want things to be normal."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Five - Page 18 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Five

Post by Kooshie Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:42 pm

Asher smiled softly. "Saving the android species seems to take an awful lot of trust, doesn't it?" For all that everything was still being kept quiet, there were thousands of people who knew, thanks to their time at the Guild. "Perfect security isn't possible at this point, but for now at least, I think everyone's going to keep their mouths shut."

Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Five - Page 18 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Five

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:03 pm

Kay really hoped so. [So, Daniel is still on the ship?]

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:09 pm

"Yes, he's in Mourn's room, booted into recovery mode. Mourn is defragmenting his storage, to hopefully increase his space for memories," Asher said. "He won't be able to hear anything he shouldn't, at least, but he'll be here a while."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:28 pm

[You think it'll work?] Kay asked. Hey, learning the person you loved had such a short life span kinda sucked. Then again, given the lives they all led, it was unlikely any of them were going to really get a chance to retire and life out their full life spans anyway.
Still.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:38 pm

"I really don't know. Mourn's a genius, but then again there is an awful lot that can go wrong with a procedure like this," Asher said. He watched Kay uncertainly. "I would have mentioned this to you sooner, but it never seemed like the right time to mention it." Telling your boyfriend that hey, you were guaranteed to be dead before your fifty-first birthday wasn't exactly something you wanted to slip into the conversation. Or could bring up at all without it coming straight out of nowhere.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:54 pm

Kay managed a weak smile and came over to hug Asher. [It's alright, I suppose I never really thought about it. Or wanted to think about it.]
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:05 pm

Asher hugged Kay back. "My storage isn't anywhere close to full yet, anyway."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:41 pm

[Not really the point.] Kay countered, but he smiled sadly. [I'm sure Mourn will work out a solution, nuts as he is, he does seem to be able to work miracles with code.]
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:27 pm

Asher nodded. "I know, but it does give us time to find a solution. If Mourn can't solve the problem, I'm sure someone else will in the next few decades." He didn't want to say 'the next twenty-seven years'. That seemed brutally precise.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:49 pm

Kay nodded grimly, he couldn't help but think they'd be lucky to even make that. Even with the family gone, they still had an awful lot of enemies and were bound to make more as they continued their plans.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:58 pm

Asher tried to smile. "It's not worth worrying about now. We'll know more in forty-eight hours." He reached up to pat Kay's arm, "We can't know exactly what the future holds, but we do have the power to influence it." And he fully planned to live as long as he could. Twenty-seven years just wouldn't cover everything he wanted to stick around for.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:06 pm

Kooshie wrote:"I think he just likes annoying people," Ethan said. "Old guys always think it's funny to get a rise out of someone."
"Oh, well, there's no fixing that." Sawna said then chuckled softly.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:11 pm

Kay rested his hand on Asher's, nodding.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:16 pm

"There really isn't," Ethan agreed. "Thankfully you're better than that, at least." He was glad for that. He didn't know what he'd do if he had to deal with two book vandals.

~~
Asher smiled sadly. "Want to finish that movie now?" Better than contemplating mortality.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:24 pm

Sawna chuckled and headed for the next room to search it. "I like books, they can take you many places without leaving. No reason to destroy them."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:25 pm

Kay nodded. [There wasn't much left.] About 10 minutes in fact.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:12 pm

Ethan nodded. "Wish I'd been able to read more in the other universe. Would have made everything suck a lot less." He looked curious, "What do you prefer to read?"

~~
"Well we have to find out how they defeat the bad guys," Asher said in a sensible tone, "And we have to see if the improbably muscular hero can destroy one more shirt before the movie ends."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:28 pm

"Adventure and romance" Sawna said, smiling and dipping her head a little. "Though I read everything else too."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:18 pm

Ethan nodded. "I'll make sure to pick some of those up on my next shopping trip, since you've been so useful." He didn't like romance much, but he had websites he could turn to for recommendations. It was good to make sure the library had even the stuff he avoided himself.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:28 pm

Sawna smiled softly and nodded "I like to read about the romances, because some of them are so very strange." She said as she searched this room with him. "Some of the situations are so impossible that it is almost funny."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:44 pm

Ethan snorted, amused. "You don't read them to swoon over the gorgeous guys or something?" He smiled oddly, "I suppose they are ridiculous, some of them must be like unintentional comedies."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:44 am

Kay smiled. [I'd say the chances of another shirt casualty are fairly high.] He led the way back to his desk and set up the tablet again.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:55 am

Kooshie wrote:Ethan snorted, amused. "You don't read them to swoon over the gorgeous guys or something?" He smiled oddly, "I suppose they are ridiculous, some of them must be like unintentional comedies."
"Impossibly gorgeous guys are a good distraction, but I read more to learn from and laugh at some parts of them." Sawna said with a chuckle.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:26 am

"It's a good thing I can't blush. All the ruined shirts, my word!" Asher wheeled after Kay to watch the rest of this silly movie.

~~
"What have you learned?" Ethan asked, amused.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:34 am

Sawna smiled and thought about that answer "I learned a lot about the culture and values of the writers." She replied
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:39 am

Ethan nodded. "You can learn a lot from fiction that way," he agreed. He looked at the pile of books Sawna had found, and looked pleased. "Well, we've found more books than I ever expected today."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:00 am

Sawna chuckled softly and nodded, looking to the pile then around the room "Yes, seems they mostly just put them on the closest shelf."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 41 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 41  Next