Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Eight

3 posters

Page 33 of 33 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 31, 32, 33

Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Eight - Page 33 Empty Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Eight

Post by Starrnico Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:12 pm

First topic message reminder :

Shane nodded agreement. "Let them sort themselves out, when they are ready, if they ever are, they can admit it publicly as Starr and Armin have done with their dating.

~~~
Danika chuckled softly and shrugged "It's just part of the game, most of the situations are made up things to give a reason for adding money to your bank." She waited for him to put the amount in then picked up the dice to roll them, using the chance to show him how they were normally rolled without saying so. She landed on the starship (train) and immediately bought it

Last edited by Starrnico on Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Eight - Page 33 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Eight

Post by Starrnico Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:09 pm

Shane listened to Kasi talk and smiled a little not because it was funny but because he could easily see how that would be possible. "You really should talk to Web, you might be surprised at what could happen in the future. Just remember when one believes in a god, really believes, then you have to work with that belief or you will fail in whatever you try. Even if it is for the good of everyone. That takes time, sometimes generations. Then again maybe Fate wants the change and is using people like you." He said and stood to take his dishes. "Gods seem to love being mysterious no matter where they are, especially if they are not gods but just super powerful people." He shrugged, philosophy was not something he studied a lot and he wasn't certain there were any real gods. After all his people would be considered gods by some with the powers they had.
He was quiet a moment and frowned before speaking again. "Breaking a trust of belief in a god either breaks the person or forces that belief to something else. Either way it causes problems, that is what people like Web have to think about before changing things in any way. Not only what is right or good but how it will effect individuals and the whole people physically, mentally and spiritually. If you want your people to move you have to work with him to convince them that their god wants them to move, to have better, easier lives. It's manipulative, but probably the best way for the majority of people. Like saying something along the lines of it wasn't safe to move till now, so fate had to send the outcasts out to help make a place for everyone a few at a time. That would make it so the outcasts could rejoin the people if they wanted to or open your society up to others being able to leave if they want to." He ended with another shrug

Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Eight - Page 33 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Eight

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:23 pm

Kasi shook his head at Tala's question. "no, not yet. I was going to meet some other engineers to discuss some plans." He frowned a little as Shane spoke.

"We cannot trust Fate. The Ishvara is her vessel, she sees what he sees, hears what he hears. While the Elders consumed their vessel's mortal selves, Fate was crueler. She let hers have an illusion of free will. She will not allow him to act against her."

"How do you know this isn't what she wants though?" Matt asked, nodding at Shane who had also made that point.

"Is it a risk worth taking? She has had centuries to make a change. That she has not speaks volumes. I have spoken to former scribes, some worked under the previous Ishvara. HE desired what we want, or so I am told. But he never got a chance to enact his plan. Had Fate wanted the people free, she had a chance then and didn't take it." Kasi reasoned.

Matt frowned.
He wasn't sure how to feel about all this. The more he was told about his father, the more of a stranger he felt to him.
"Perhaps it wasn't the right time?"

Kasi's eyes blazed. "When WILL it be the right time? The people have waited for centuries. Why should they wait any longer to be saved by a supposed god who likely doesn't even care? It's time for the people to save themselves. No more waiting for gods to intervene. They will be waiting forever that way."

Matt nodded. He had to agree there, he wasn't a great fan of supposed gods either. "But what's your plan then?"

Kasi leaned forward "That is where you come in. The people will follow the Ishvara... or at least, they will follow one they BELIEVE to be the Ishvara."

Matt hesitated. "wait... are you suggesting what I think you're suggesting?"

"Why not? You and he are identical. All you would need is longer hair and a change of clothing. You wouldn't need to keep the facade up for long, just long enough to convince the people to follow you. Of course, the Elders would need to be distracted so they couldn't meddle... and the Ishvara would need to be waylaid.... "

Matt interrupted "Distracted? Waylaid? I don't like where this is headed. "

Kasi looked aghast. "nobody would be harmed!"

"You would have me betray my brother! I won't do that. I trust his judgement."

"How many years has he had to do something? How many more will go by before you see that he has no intention of changing the status quo? " Kasi's expression softened. "I understand, you love your brother, you have... fraternal loyalty to him. But the people need to be free. In the grand scheme of things, it's a small sacrifice to make for the greater good."

Matt shook his head. "you know, i'm really starting to hate this greater good...." He muttered.

"as your friend said" Kasi gestured to Shane. "The people need someone to convince the people that this is the god's will. The people will not surrender their faith easily, that will take time. But breaking their shackles is the first step. "

Matt shook his head again. "Talk to Web, please. Just... try. Maybe you'll see eye to eye, maybe he'll actually work with you. "

Kasi sighed. "The outcasts will never trust Fate, nor her agents. She is one of the tyrants we seek to liberate the people from"

"I'm sorry..." Matt finished lamely. He couldn't do what Kasi wanted, he couldn't betray Web's trust and arrogantly meddle in something he didn't fully understand. If Web hadn't lead the people elsewhere already then he had a good reason, Matt was certain of that. The idea that Fate was clouding his judgement was unsettling, but it didn't sit well with him or what he thought he knew of his brother. Fate was a guide, not a master. Not a very good guide of course, rather cruel in her methods, but... she wasn't a tyrant was she? Web wasn't her unwilling puppet. He couldn't believe that. He wouldn't. But he worried what Kasi's group had planned.
"Listen, you guys aren't going to do anything rash are you?"

Kasi shook his head. "It's my intention that nobody is hurt. As for rash action, my companions are nothing if not organised."

Matt didn't look overly reassured by that.

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu May 09, 2024 11:53 am

In awkward quiet Kasi finished his food, bid the group a lovely day and headed back to his assigned room with Tala in tow. He didn't seem to mind her presence, he mostly ignored her, apparently deep in thought.

He bid her goodbye at the door and dug through the one bag he'd brought with him from the shuttle. He didn't really own much.
from it he took a tablet and settled down on the bed to write a message to someone. He had stated he had a meeting to rearrange.

---

Matt looked over to Shane and Ellie "well uh... that was awkward right?"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu May 09, 2024 4:07 pm

Shane nodded, frowning a little as he thought about all that had been said. "You should warn your brother about all this." He said softly. Even if there was nothing that could be done, having the heads' up that he was being targeted in some way would be good.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon May 13, 2024 3:40 pm

Matt frowned, then nodded. "You don't think they'll try something stupid do you?" oh who was he kidding? Kasi had clearly gotten himself involved in something well beyond himself. Matt sighed. "no, you're right. I'll uh.. i'll go see if I can contact him." He heaved himself up.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Tue May 14, 2024 6:34 am

"Better to know than be surprised." Shane replied and shrugged. "You should be careful to, with them admitting to wanting to use you."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed May 15, 2024 5:43 pm

Matt nodded. "You think we should try to find out more about these people? I mean, Kasi is... well... was decent enough and if he wanted to hurt us he would have right? But whoever he's working with... " He shook his head. "I'll be careful. And Vestia will be keeping an eye on me anyway" He looked up at Vestia's camera "right Vestia?"

"of course." Vestia replied.

"right, so... off to find a way to contact my brother.... " Which was, to be fair, not particularly easy. The Kevali didn't have any modern technology, the only way the brothers had ever found to keep in touch was letters sent via their shared pocket space. But that wasn't a great way to get an urgent message sent, it wasn't like there was any sort of alert. No 'you've got mail' ping or anything.
Matt wandered off, thinking about how to tackle this and whether Kasi was actually a threat. He didn't think he was, just an idealist. Matt could empathize with that. He'd never understood why the Kevali didn't leave and find a better world either.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Wed May 15, 2024 8:13 pm

Shane nodded and watched Matt leave before looking to Ellie again. He was just as confused about Kasi as Matt was, the guy didn't seem dangerous but he did kinda seem like a fanatic, even if it was a good cause. A lot of bad things were done under the name of good throughout history.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 33 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 31, 32, 33