Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Eight

3 posters

Page 31 of 32 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Eight - Page 31 Empty Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Eight

Post by Starrnico Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:12 pm

First topic message reminder :

Shane nodded agreement. "Let them sort themselves out, when they are ready, if they ever are, they can admit it publicly as Starr and Armin have done with their dating.

~~~
Danika chuckled softly and shrugged "It's just part of the game, most of the situations are made up things to give a reason for adding money to your bank." She waited for him to put the amount in then picked up the dice to roll them, using the chance to show him how they were normally rolled without saying so. She landed on the starship (train) and immediately bought it

Last edited by Starrnico on Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Eight - Page 31 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Eight

Post by Kooshie Sun Jun 18, 2023 4:54 pm

Tala's ears twitched and she huffed in thought. "And so, these outcasts are somewhere out here. I suppose there are worse places to hide than between the Terrans and the Imperium, if one desires to be left alone."

~~
Vestia subtly shifted her lights pinkish at the praise for Zara's benefit, and said "Awww," out loud for Matt's, and possibly Lana's. Come to think of it, she wasn't sure if Lana shared her father's colorblindness or not.

Zara grinned at the adjustment to the lights, and nodded in agreement with Matt. "Short of being on a planet, this is the most spacious place I've ever been."

~~
Ellie nodded sagely. "Makes sense to me. Kids are scary sometimes."

Asher, who had pulled a loop of yarn out of his pocket and was showing one of the Star Dragon kids how to make string figures with it, glanced over to Danika with a smile. "I always did like that about Vestia. Plenty of places to go if you feel like getting away for a while."

Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Eight - Page 31 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Eight

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Jun 18, 2023 5:33 pm

Kasi tilted his head. "hiding? I never said they were hiding." He shook his head. "there aren't many outcasts, but they try to find one another. A sort of... community... for those who have none."
He smiled softly.

---

Lana tilted her head at the lights, curious. "I didn't know you could do that." She remarked.

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:37 pm

Danika nodded and smiled at Asher. "My favorite place is the ranch." She said happily "It's peaceful there."

~~~
"That sounds nice." Starr said softly, glad these people had others to be with.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Jun 28, 2023 5:04 pm

Kasi nodded. "It is." They got to the room Vestia had allocated for him and he looked around curiously. "this is much larger than any other ship i've been on." he remarked. "I am honored." He smiled and bowed his head. He paused, then asked. "Where are you headed?"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Jun 30, 2023 12:39 pm

"We are all honored to be aboard such a mighty craft," Tala agreed. She glanced to Starr. It seemed to her that Starr should be the one to decide how much information about their travel plans to offer to Kasi. She wasn't entirely sure whether Starr was captain of the ship, but she certainly had authority.

~~
Well, that answered Vestia's question. "It comes in handy, having another way to express myself," she told Lana. "I can blink my lights in Morse Code too."

~~
"It is peaceful," Asher agreed, smiling at Danika. "Do you like the farm animals at the ranch? I'd never seen most of them before we got the ranch set up here."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Jul 01, 2023 9:54 pm

Starr smiled then shrugged a little "We travel all over, we don't have a set destination right now." She replied, right now they were just traveling to be away from their hunters.

~~~
Danika nodded and smiled happily. "Yes, I like them. They are usually so calming to be around."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:13 am

Kasi nodded, apparently satisfied. "thank you for your help. I'm glad I am not interfering with your schedule." He bowed his head gracefully and wandered around, exploring the room curiously.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Sep 03, 2023 6:10 pm

---time skip----

Kasi was finally left to his own devices to settle into his temporary accommodation, which was, as far as he was concerned, far nicer than any he'd previously experienced. Vestia was, after all, a very nice ship.

He explored the entire room curiously and fiddled with one of his many bracelets as he did so, twisting the beads around and around his wrist distractedly.
He noticed the camera and stared up at it, tilting his head until Vestia spoke to reassure him.

"You see everything on this ship?" He asked.

She explained that this was pretty much how it worked, but that she made an effort not to just spy on people.

Kasi looked thoughtful as he digested that information. Finally he nodded. "Alright."

He settled on the bed and considered his next move.

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:17 pm

Starr returned to her kids, hugging each of them. She sighed and sat next to Asher, watching the kids return to playing.

~~~
Shane went looking for Ellie, hoping she was not too far but somewhere she felt safe.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Sep 04, 2023 5:10 pm

Asher smiled at Starr when she joined him, glad to see her. "Things seem all right, then?" he asked. Vestia had said so, but he still worried.

~~
Ellie had headed to Hydroponics, to check on the plants. They were turning toward her interestedly while she walked among them, although when she noticed Shane, they might turn toward him too.

~~
Had Tala been almost anyone else, she might have looked for excuses to stay near Kasi's room. Since she was Tala, she just stayed nearby and didn't bother with excuses at all. Sometimes deep space rescues turned out to be gods, and ended up sending the inhabitants of a ship to another universe. Yes, she'd met Kasi before, but it was still best to be wary.

She did do some embroidery too though.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:29 am

"Yes, it seems so." Starr said with a sigh, shaking her head a little. "We met him before, at the guild. Their name is Kasi."

~~~
Shane smiled and went over to Ellie. "Hey, you alright?" He asked curiously
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Sep 08, 2023 12:21 pm

Asher nodded, glad to hear the news confirmed from Starr. "Well then, hopefully he's all right. Thank you for everything you and your people do to protect this ship," he added with a smile, "I think we all appreciate it, I know I do."

~~
"I'm okay," Ellie said, giving Shane a smile. "Just figured I should check on the plants, they like the company. Danika said Starr told her everything went okay, and you don't look like you've been in a fight. Should I breathe a sigh of relief?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:54 pm

Starr smiled again. "Everyone here is either a friend or family, I am happy to do what I can to keep us safe."

~~~
Shane chuckled and nodded. "Yeah, our visitor is a guy we met before, safe enough to be at the guild long ago, just unlucky I guess."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:03 pm

Kasi paced for a bit, took a small communication device from a pocket and wrote a quick message before returning the device and heading out into the hall where he might come across Tala?

---

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:32 am

"Although arguably not everyone at the Guild was safe," Ellie mused, checking over a bean plant carefully. "Those were the people who kept those butterflies around, the butterflies that made you relive your worst guilt." She gave Shane a smile. "Then again, most of the people there seemed okay."

~~
Tala looked up from her needlework, scenting the air. "Greetings, Kasi," she proclaimed.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Sep 17, 2023 4:54 pm

Kasi looked startled for a second but he quickly composed himself. "oh.. hello again." He smiled. "What are you doing?" he tilted his head, looking at her needlework curiously.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:33 pm

Shane nodded, he knew she was right and for the people out here it had been ten years. A lot could happen in that time and people could change. "Well, I hope he's good. He didn't seem like he wanted to hurt us anyway."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:44 pm

"I am keeping an eye on you, as people rescued deep in space are often hostile. We were sent to another universe by one who we rescued once, it was most unsatisfactory," Tala declared. Realizing by the direction of Kasi's gaze that that might not have been what he was asking about, she added, "I am also embroidering. It is a pleasing art form."

~~
"Here's hoping." Ellie smiled at Shane. "Here, come check out these bean plants I've been breeding. They like to grow fast and they have strong stems, perfect for tying up pirates or holding things in place."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:42 pm

Shane chuckled and walked over to check out the plants. He was always amazed at what all she could come up with to use the plants for.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Sep 22, 2023 4:17 pm

Kasi blinked, he looked a little confused. "How does one send you to... another universe?" He tilted his head curiously. "What was it like?" He hesitated, then seemed to realise he was getting distracted. "oh oh... I do not intend you any harm. May I look around a little? I have never been on a ship this size."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:15 am

Ellie grinned and led Shane to the bean plants, demonstrating how quickly they grew with a little of her magic, coiling happily around her fingers when she held them close. "I figure they'll come in handy," she told Shane.

~~
"I do not know how the sorcery was done, but the other universe was a most displeasing experience. The other universe smells most unsatisfactory," Tala said, which summarized the whole incident quite nicely, so far as she was concerned. "You may look around, I think our leaders would allow it. I will go with you." Tala got up, putting her needlework away in a pouch on her belt.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Tue Sep 26, 2023 6:04 pm

"Yeah, they will, but I kinda hope we don't need them." Shane replied as he reached over to touch one of the plants gently.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Sep 28, 2023 12:33 pm

Kasi looked for a moment slightly uncertain, then his smile returned and he nodded. "of course." He picked a direction and started walking. He jingled slightly as he moved thanks to all the bracelets and such. "How many people are on this ship?" He asked conversationally. "You must have many passengers, a ship this size."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:25 am

"Yeah, me too. At least not for battle," Ellie said. "If we can use them to create things though, hold things together, help create hedges in the farm or something like that, that could be neat."

The vine curled loosely around Shane's fingers, like maybe it was curious about him.

~~
Tala's ears flicked in thought. She doubted Starr would keep this sort of information secret, and it wasn't as if Kasi couldn't just ask someone else. Still, outright giving numbers to someone who had only just arrived was something she was reluctant to do. She wondered if it had been unwise to mention the fact that they had traveled between universes earlier, but upon further thought, concluded it likely made little difference. The fact that Vestia had disappeared from the universe for ten years was no secret in the future so far as she could tell, so likely it didn't make her any more interesting than she already was.

Still.

"We are indeed numerous," Tala told Kasi.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:41 am

Shane smiled and nodded. "Yeah, that would be neat." He agreed as he let the plant explore his fingers.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:52 pm

Kasi nodded. "Then I am most fortunate to be given such space. Are all the rooms so spacious?" He was walking with no real direction in mind, just following the corridor. "It seems almost a pity I will not stay long." He smiled to Tala. "I'm grateful for your hospitality."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:23 pm

The bean plant coiled closer to Shane. "I think it likes you," Ellie said. "Sometimes I think they're starting to understand us better, the plants. Not just me, but everyone on board."

~~
"The rooms vary in size. Our ship sees fit to plan for the needs of many guests," Tala said. "She is a very hospitable ship, and we are fortunate to be her passengers," she agreed.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 32 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32  Next