Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-One

3 posters

Page 27 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-One - Page 27 Empty Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-One

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:52 pm

First topic message reminder :

Luka made a face. "gross. Computer, regular clothes please." She looked relieved as the gown disappeared and she was just in her usual cargo pants and vest. "Who should we go annoy then?"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-One - Page 27 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-One

Post by Kooshie Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:43 am

Asher nodded. "We didn't even think of it until this morning, or we would have asked you sooner. We're terribly sorry for the short notice, but can you please help us?"

Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-One - Page 27 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-One

Post by Starrnico Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:43 am

Dawn waved bye to the pair then got up to go out and check on the 'feel' of the capitol before the trial

Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:54 am

Armin paused, then bowed his head again. "of course my friends. Give me a moment." He hurried out the back to where he kept spare stock, finding a standard sized suit that wasn't nearly as fancy as the one he'd lent James. Trials, he knew, required something slightly less ornate, more sombre.
He selected a charcoal grey suit and a white shirt and brought it back for Asher. "this should fit you, and for you Nurse Freidman..." He looked thoughtful. "I have mostly finished the suit I was making for the wedding for you, but it may need slight altering to fit perfectly, I have been meaning to get you in for the final fitting."

Kay nodded, he didn't really care if it didn't fit perfectly, as long as it looked alright.

Armin went to get that and came back. "Do you need a shirt and tie?" He asked.

Kay frowned. [A tie yes] He didn't own ties. Shirts yes, plenty of dress shirts, but no ties.

Armin nodded. "I shall check my stock, it should not take me long to sew one up for you if necessary. Go, try them on. I can do last minute alterations." He checked the time, yes, they had time, just... if he was quick.

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:59 am

"Thank you, Armin," Asher said gratefully. He went to try the suit on, odds were good Armin had guessed his size right, but still, it was good to double check.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:19 am

Kay went to try his outfit on as well, Armin was apparently extremely good at estimating and he HAD been fitted before the guy had started sewing, he and Matt had been roped into it by Thalia as part of the wedding preparation.

That said, Kay had never really had a reason to get dressed up this nicely. He stared at his reflection. yes, he definitely needed to iron a shirt and get a tie... and shoes.
He wriggled his bare feet. It just wouldn't be appropriate to show up like that.

Armin meanwhile was rummaging around for ties. He had a few bits and pieces spare, things that hadn't sold, things that hadn't met Trygve and Berit's exacting standards or his own, things that were just using up odd scraps of fabric.

he found a nice blue tie for Asher and mused over what on earth to give Kay. His colourations were far more difficult. Eventually he opted for navy blue, navy went with everything.

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:26 am

Starr got the babies settled in the playroom before she would get dressed up for the trial. She had plenty of nice but not too fancy clothes to pick from.

~~
Shane would wear the suit he had used before, it was pretty much the only one he had after all and it still looked nice.

Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:32 am

Matt was informed he had to get dressed nicely, so asked Thalia to help. He was rubbish at tying ties and had no idea what was and wasn't appropriate attire.
Thalia made sure he was presentable.

He even tried to comb his hair at her insistence but it was a bit of a losing battle, his hair was just a mess and hated laying flat.

He also wore his glasses because he figured being able to see was more important than anything else.

Mourn on the other hand was just going to watch and didn't give a damn. He rummaged through Vestia's storage to find a jacket and threw that over his coveralls and called it a day.

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:39 am

Ellie squeaked at the news that she was supposed to dress nicely when Vestia told her, and ran to her room to find something professional looking. No sparkles allowed, probably. No slogans like 'proud to be a human!', no flower prints. She finally found a black dress and some plain black shoes to wear, and a dark purple jacket to go over the dress. Probably acceptable, she decided.
If not, she'd just keep talking until they kicked her out of the court room. Which would DEFINITELY be acceptable.

~~
Asher was putting on his jacket, when he began to realize just how strange this felt. Not physically of course, even if he'd had a proper sense of touch, Armin's clothes were certainly never uncomfortable. But mentally, this was... Weird. He was an android. He was going to a trial, to try and defend someone's life, not as a source of data to be uploaded and replayed for people to analyze, but as an actual person with actual opinions and arguments.
He finished putting on his jacket and looked at himself in the mirror, and promptly felt ten times more strange. He was an android, and he was wearing a suit. Going to a trial. Acting like his opinions mattered to somebody.
This couldn't be right, could it?
He closed his eyes and tried to calm himself down. No, no, this was important. Why, he was defending the life of the man who had convinced him he was a person in the first place. He had to do this.
He opened his eyes again, looked at himself in the mirror. You're a person. Get used to it.
Then he headed back out to see if Armin thought the suit looked all right on him.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:46 am

Kay came out of the changing room too, looking a bit awkward. He was used to wearing jackets of course, but an actual suit was weird.
He smiled softly to Asher and tried not to think of how hot he looked all dressed up, ahem.

Armin pressed his hands together in delight. "you both look very professional." He declared, coming over to fuss over their hems and straighten everything out before holding up the ties.

"Now you just need shoes." He looked to Kay's bare feet and Kay looked down at the floor self consciously.

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:56 am

Asher tried to smile back at Kay and not think about any more existential stuff right now. It wasn't easy, but he was trying. He looked at Armin, forcing another smile. "As always, your work looks excellent. We're very lucky to have you on this ship." He nodded, "I suppose getting the right shoes will involve a trip to the city." He wasn't excited about that prospect, he was sure the crowds weren't in a friendly mood, ugh.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:00 am

"James may have a pair, androids tend to be built on similar scales." Armin pointed out sedately. "But i am afraid I have no suggestions for you my friend. Perhaps someone on board will have a pair you can borrow? Shoes are, i am afraid to say, not something Vavare usually have to worry about." He chuckled good naturedly and handed them each their ties.

Kay nodded and looked grateful, going back to get changed into his regular clothing so they could find shoes. He needed to change his shirt anyway.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:05 am

"Yes, maybe I should just borrow James's shoes, his shoes do tend to fit me very acceptably," Asher agreed. He should probably get nice shoes of his own at some point, but maybe not today. He went to change back as well, trying to not feel too relieved about being back in his regular clothes, and came back out after a bit carrying his carefully folded suit.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:08 am

Armin got them bags to carry things in.

"If you require anything else, do not hesitate to ask my friends." Armin bowed his head again. "Good luck. I shall see you at the court. May the Weaver bless us and justice prevail."

Kay bit his lip, looking grim. He nodded. [Thank you Armin.]

"Think nothing of it my friends." Armin nodded back.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:11 am

"Thank you, Armin," Asher said, taking his bag gratefully. "How much do we owe you?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:28 am

Armin laughed. "Do not be silly, you owe me nothing my friends. Consider it a donation toward the cause. Besides, I should earn my keep somehow yes?"

Kay nodded. [alright] they'd find a way to repay him.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:31 am

"All right, thank you again," Asher said, smiling at Armin. That vavare was way too generous. He headed for the door. He needed to drop off this bag in his room, and then find James and beg him for shoes. What a day.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:32 am

Kay looked to Asher as they left. [I'm going to see if I can find any shoes, I'll meet up with you later alright?] Panic!
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:36 am

Asher nodded. "All right. Good luck, Kay." He smiled weakly, then headed for his room.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:07 pm

Kay headed into the capitol, figuring it was the fastest easiest way to find a pair of smart shoes. he hated wearing shoes, he hated shoe shopping too, but what else could he do? thankfully they had time.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:35 pm

(wanna time skip to leaving for trial?)
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:37 pm

(Right after this post, yessss)
Asher dropped off his bag in his room, then went to the Silver Devil to find James, who turned out to be busily inventorying the ship's supply of disposable breathing masks.

"James?" Asher asked.

James looked up, startled. "What's up, baby bro?"

"Can I borrow those shoes you wore to the party a few nights ago?"

"Umm, okay," James looked amused. "They're in my room, in the box under the couch. I'd get them for you, but I'm pretty busy right now."

Asher looked at the stack of breathing masks in confusion, then shrugged and decided he'd ask later. "Thank you, James. I'll return them after the trial."

James nodded and returned his attention to his work. "Any time. Don't take it personally, but I'm hoping your defense of that asshole fails today."

Asher sighed. "I know, James. I have my own beliefs and I made my promises, and I intend to keep them. But I know what he's done is unforgivable."

"Yeah." James didn't look up. "He doesn't deserve you, man."

Asher smiled sadly and went to get James's shoes.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:41 pm

TIMESKIP - LEAVING FOR TRIAL

Ellie stood at the airlock, looking a bit pale. Maybe the dark clothes hadn't been a good idea, they made her look even paler than she was. She carried a notebook with a sparkly blue cover. It was the notebook she had used to compose her defense, oops.

Asher arrived shortly after, also looking pretty nervous. He looked very nice now he had those shoes and Armin's suit, but he didn't care at all. This was terrifying.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:55 pm

Kay had managed to acquire some shoes, and looked extremely uncomfortable about it.
He clutched his tablet to his chest, it had his defense on it, and was his best way of communicating and answering questions anyway, but just in case he'd stuffed that amulet into a pocket on the offchance the guild decided to be difficult.
He looked worried, chewing his lip nervously.
He was too panicked to even notice Asher all scrubbed up. Oh dear.

Matt showed up, looking grim and not at all himself. He couldn't stop fidgeting with his cuffs. He was seriously having second thoughts about this. How did you defend a guy you were pretty sure was a piece of shit? argh.

Mourn didn't seem at all bothered, he met everyone at the airlock in his usual cheerful manner.

Armin and Swarm arrived soon after.

"Let's get this over with." Matt muttered.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:05 pm

Meanwhile, elsewhere on Vestia, James had finished his inventory work and had gone to one of the observation rooms to look out over the spaceport and listen to some music off a tablet that he had purloined from the cabinet of tablets.

~~
Ethan had decided to visit that new pasture/golf course, because why not? He went to have a look.

Tala was already there when he arrived, leaning over the goat pen fence to watch the animals suspiciously, nostrils flared.

"What are you doing?" Ethan asked her, wary.

"These creatures," Tala said, "they are most unsatisfactory. They dress as if they are the sacred cattle, but their scent betrays them. They are nothing but impostors, and we have permitted them to tread on our noble vessel." Her ears swiveled back and she pawed the ground with one hoof.

The goats watched impassively.

Ethan rolled his eyes. "Tala, they're goats. They aren't trying to look like cows, it's just in their genetics to look like them. Don't you ever think that maybe cows are the impostors, because they imitate the appearance of your own species so well? Maybe the cattle are the ones trying to mislead you."

"Cattle are the sacred eyes of the god of my people," Tala said. "Do not blaspheme, small one, for cattle are the highest of the creatures!"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:38 pm

Starr and Shane walked up to the ramp together, looking to the others then heading to the city.

Sawna came, with an umbrella over her head to block the sun."I wish you well in your task" She said to Ellie and the others, giving them a smile "I will come to watch and be support of you."

Skye and Moone had found Dawn, after getting an Avian babysitter for the chicks and a dragon one for the dragons. They wanted to go to the trial as well
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:45 pm

Ellie smiled weakly to Sawna. "Thanks for the support."

(To the capital!)
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:19 am

Esk wasn't going anywhere near that trial, it sounded like a powder keg just waiting to go off.
If the shit hit the fan, well, hopefully the crew could get back here in mostly one piece.
Eugh.

He didn't want to go, but at the same time he felt obligated to keep people safe. Damn them!

He waited till the others had left, took some painkillers, grabbed his sketch book and went into town. He'd stay near the portal, find a nice little cafe that was open and taking advantage of the crowded streets, and he'd watch and wait.

---

Meanwhile,

Amity took over the cafe while Sawna was away, if anyone wanted coffee they could get it.

The professor had considered going to watch this "circus" as he called it, but had opted instead to watch the live coverage in one of the rec rooms, while reading and scoffing derisively at a library book about astrology.

---

Luka went looking for James and any other members of the SD who were about. She was anxious. She didn't like Merith much, but then, she didn't know Merith much either. But everyone was so stressed, it was hard not to feel upset and worked up by it all.

Web was wandering the halls, trying to clear his head. All the anxiety people were projecting was a bit much.
He smiled weakly to Luka.
"You aren't going to the trial?"

Luka shook her head. "I don't know the guy, or fully understand his crimes." She was trying to stay detached. "I'd rather just... stay out of it. It's too messy."

Web nodded. "A wise idea I think. It sounds extraordinarily complicated and I don't envy the court having to make a decision."

"Have you seen James?"

Web shook his head.

"Vestia? Where's James?" Luka asked. "Want to come along? no offense but, you look like you could use the company."

Web chuckled. "None taken. You're right. I'm not entirely sure I want to be alone with all this tension in the air. "

"I don't even want to think about it." Luka sighed.

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next