Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upon Vestia: Chapter TWENTY

5 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter TWENTY - Page 13 Empty Upon Vestia: Chapter TWENTY

Post by Admin Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:23 am

First topic message reminder :

Heny stood there and listened as the two spoke, her heart beat rising. She had visited him a couple of times but found it too painful with eveything going on.

Admin
Admin

https://vestiaswanderings.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter TWENTY - Page 13 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter TWENTY

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:28 am

Kay covered his mouth with his hand as he tried not to smirk at that remark. I'm not sure i'd go that far, but he's efficient and usually fairly responsible at least. Kay looked to Esk warily. He was still pissed off with him. He had a terrible knack for getting under people's skins and it just really really wound Kay up. Probably because he had no legitimate rebuttal to anything Esk said. He was always frustratingly right, and he knew it. Argh. Kay shook his head. He was always very good at guard duty.

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:33 am

He is pragmatic and patient, which is to his credit, Tala said. I heard there was a minotaur attack today and he was injured. Is that why he sleeps so soundly?

Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:38 am

Kay nodded. I looked over his notes, he's lucky he's tough and was wearing body armor. From what I understand, he's healed up a bit using his ability but he's still in a lot of pain. He's hiding it well but he's drunk at least three bottles of beer and has some strong painkillers in his system, sleeping is probably the best thing he can do right now. He looked grim. Of course i'd have rather he didn't get drunk but he won't listen to me. he shook his head.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:43 am

Tala sniffed the air. Hmm, yes, Esk did smell pretty strongly of beer. What doesn't kill him will make him strong, she said. It was a popular saying in her tribe, okay? I am most disappointed in those minotaurs. They should not have attacked Luka, she is young, they should have smelled that and treated her with lenience accordingly.
Although she probably would have decked Luka the first time she'd realized the girl was Satare, if they hadn't both been employed by Acus, making Luka off limits. Hmm.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:02 am

Kay smiled grimly. Unfortunately with what's going on with our home world and yours, such hostility isn't exactly surprising. There will always be those who blame the entire population for the actions of the government. He shook his head. I fear Luka has had a rather rude awakening out here in the universe. To suddenly be an outsider is not an easy adjustment to make. Still, he mused, maybe it'd do her some good in the long term. Learn what it felt like to be downtrodden and hated for something outside your control.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:09 am

It is difficult to see any good in the Satare when one knows they shall at some point invade our planet and slaughter all who have not fled, and that one of the reasons they've prolonged this war is because us minotaurs make excellent propaganda. Tala nodded in agreement with Kay, It cannot be easy for her to see how the downtrodden races feel firsthand. I would rather she had not experienced it so violently, she is a well-meaning young one despite her race's teachings.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:40 am

Acus would return to his room, his mind numb as he focused on preparing his nest. He toyed with dark thoughts as he prepared for bed, the avian knew he shouldn't of put his hopes up. Who would want to love someone like him after all? A murder, a man that did what he was told to do even if it meant killing thousands. He couldn't blame Silv for being unable to fully forgive him, friendship only went so far. He sighed flopping onto the bed just in his boxers as he looked up at the ceiling. Since Silv had left he packed away most of their pictures of their childhood, in all honesty it was too painful for him to look at them. Remember who he was back then, the reminders of the person his parents wanted him to be but never could.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:27 pm

(Poor Acus Sad)
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:44 pm

Kay nodded. In my experience, the majority of Satare aren't bad people. They're just a little close minded and unused to difference. You're a kind soul Tala, she's lucky to count you as a friend.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:54 pm

I cannot claim to have met many Satare myself, the ships I was assigned to were rarely on border patrol, and when they were, there were never any prisoners taken. So I know not of the Satare's inclinations. Perhaps it is more the government than the people that tends toward violence, such is often the case. Tala wiggled her ears a bit, You flatter me. I will not bring you more potato chips though, if that is what you seek.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:15 pm

Kay smiled, amused. I'll have to try harder then. He joked, finishing his drink and resting his head against the wall of the cell, looking serious again. It often is the people in power who are the problem. There are still aspects of the culture I can't find real fault with. They believe strongly in rehabilitation rather than outright punishment, in free will and earning your position through hard work and talent. Theoretically everyone has a chance to make something of themselves, but of course, in practice, it doesn't always work out that way. There's still a great deal of racism, of prejudice and bigotry to contend with. He shook his head. Things are changing, slowly, but it'll be a long time before the worst of it is eradicated and of course, fear is a useful tool for controlling the masses without denying them their autonomy, and so the government continue their propaganda.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:32 pm

It is unfortunate that the people who seek power are so often the ones who are the most closed minded, Tala told Kay. Still, it is well to remember that the people do not always think as their leaders do, and that they may be capable of change. She ate another leaf of kale. It is unfortunate that the people are so well convinced by the propaganda still. There is little hope for those who stubbornly choose to remain on my homeworld, they shall most certainly die when the Imperium tires of this standoff.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:40 pm

Kay lowered his head. Is there no way to convince them? Go in there and evacuate them ourselves? He chewed his lip. If there wasn't a war with the family going on... vestia would make a perfect evacuation ship, she was huge enough to take whole cities.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:47 pm

Tala shrugged. A great many who remain are simply unwilling to leave. Haakon is their home, for some it is the center of their religion, and to leave would be as unthinkable as cutting off their own horns. Her ears flicked thoughtfully, There are some who wish to leave but cannot though. Tribesfolk who have not the means to get access to a ship, and those in poverty who are stuck on the waiting list for government aid or a charity ship. But we have so much else to do. We must always prioritize the needs of billions over those of millions, for to do otherwise is wrong.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:20 pm

Kay nodded slowly. We can't save everyone, doesn't mean it isn't horrible to feel so powerless though. He kept chewing his lip, thinking. They couldn't really ask MORE of the guild, but there had to be another way. He couldn't think of anything actually practical though.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:26 pm

Of course. There is much to regret about this situation. Tala's tailtip swished a few times in thought, If we are fortunate, perhaps there will be a chance to visit and help after the Family has been eradicated. But there are far too many items on our agenda to be sure of that.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:50 pm

Kay nodded. We do seem to have a pretty solid timetable don't we? He looked glum. We'll find a way.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:52 pm

Perhaps we can enlist the Silver Devil to assist, Tala suggested. Vestia seems to have the funds to hire such a ship.
The robot mission at least should not require a large envoy to complete.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:49 pm

Acus would stay in his room, just staring at the ceiling as his mind wandered..

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:23 pm

Kay frowned a little at her use of the word robot. That I think is going to take a long time and a very careful hand. Push too hard and a lot of androids will die.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:25 pm

Tala nodded. It's a delicate mission because Terrans are fools.
But I do not think it is one that requires a one hundred floor cruise vessel. Your mate is planning to attempt diplomacy and not a show of force, is he not?
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:26 pm

Rigel came back to the Devil, stopping to rest in the main area for a while.

~~~
Dawn slowly came down to check on Kay and Esk and see how they were doing. She paused at the door when she saw Tala and Swarm there too.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:37 pm

Kay didn't seem sure whether to smile or frown at Asher being referred to as his mate, it was just weird to him. But he nodded. It's the best solution to minimize casaulties. So long as Terrans insist on believing their own lies about Androids status, there's the risk they'll see Asher's rebellion as a defect and something to be eradicated. There's a real risk they could recall the 7s completely, it would be genocide. again. Eugh. He looked up as Dawn came i and raised a hand in greeting.

Esk was still sleeping with his head lolling on his chest, snoring lightly.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:41 pm

It is an unsatisfactory situation. Still, he is excellent at appearing docile and harmless! That is a fine skill for someone seeking a diplomatic solution to have! "Greetings, Dawn!" Tala said out loud. Louder than necessary, it was hard to remember to whisper after projecting at a normal volume for so long. Oops.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:44 pm

Kay nodded, smiling softly. He does have a knack for making people trust and believe in him that's for sure. And damn it was a knack.

Esk snorted and raised his head at the sudden yell. "w.. wha?" He mumbled blearily. "where the hell did you all come from?"

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:48 pm

Dawn chuckled softly at Esk's sudden waking and waved to Kay "I just came down to check on you two, seems I didn't need to" She said gently then looked to Esk, noting the beer bottles and frowning at him "You were drinking?"
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:51 pm

Tala cow-smiled, showing lots of yellowish bottom teeth, and said to Kay, As long as he is not a fool like James, there is hope for that cause. She wiggled her ears at Esk and said at more normal volume, "Greetings, I intended not to wake you."

Last edited by Kooshie on Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next