Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upon Vestia: Chapter Eighteen

4 posters

Page 34 of 39 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 39  Next

Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Eighteen - Page 34 Empty Upon Vestia: Chapter Eighteen

Post by Kooshie Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:39 am

First topic message reminder :

(Starts on day six at the Guild of Scribes.)
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Eighteen - Page 34 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Eighteen

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri May 05, 2017 1:06 pm

Kay blinked. She's speaking! He set his plate down and reached out a hand to her, stunned by her sudden language. Sure Starr had mentioned they'd talk soon but this soon? Damn Star Dragons were precocious little things.

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Fri May 05, 2017 1:10 pm

Shane waved to Ellie when she came in then looked back to the choices there. he finally picked something that didn't have too much sugar and a drink before heading to a seat.

Rigel walked in and paused at the door to look at everyone "Good thing you picked the big room." He said before going to pick out something to eat and drink

~~
Danika climbed onto his hand, nuzzling him happily.

"Yes, she's learning to speak quicker that the others, possibly because Asher cannot hear her or her understand him so easily" Starr said then shrugged "But even these two are learning. "

Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri May 05, 2017 1:12 pm

Ellie bought a doughnut and some coffee from Sawna. Heck yeah, doughnuts! "This place is so busy! You're gonna be a millionaire Sawna!" She said, going to sit down with Shane.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Fri May 05, 2017 1:16 pm

Sawna chuckled and dipped her head "That is not a bad thing" She said cheerfully. If it stayed busy like this, then she would need Amity's help to keep orders straight and right.

Shane smiled at Ellie, sipping his coffee and eating his ham and cheese croissant.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri May 05, 2017 1:21 pm

"Glad you're having fun!" Ellie said. She started eating her doughnut and gave Sawna a thumbs-up.

Tala wandered off to go find some breakfast and get some exercise done.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri May 05, 2017 1:25 pm

Kay petted Danika and sat down. Clever girl he told her. Looking back to Starr he nodded slowly. it's remarkable Not to mention really really sweet. Aww, she was learning to talk so she could communicate with Asher, that was adorable.

---

Armin moved away from the counter so everyone else could pick what they wanted and collect it. "Already a success my friend." He laughed to Sawna, finding somewhere to stand so he wasn't in the way and watching everyone happily. This was nice.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Fri May 05, 2017 1:35 pm

"She is very smart" Starr said with a nod "I am thinking her ancestors were likely scientists or something." She said thoughtfully then shrugged.

~~
Sawna smiled and looked around once the others were settled in and enjoying their coffee and snacks. "This is good" She agreed, taking care of Rigel when he came to the counter. "Tala, I do have salads in here if you want one of them"
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri May 05, 2017 1:39 pm

Scientists? Kay smiled down at Danika, setting her back down on the table so he could eat.

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri May 05, 2017 1:40 pm

Tala wiggled her ears at Sawna. "You have considered everything, young one. I shall stay!"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri May 05, 2017 2:00 pm

Asher left his room after a while and headed down the hall toward the med bay.

"Hey," Vestia said helpfully, "Just FYI, you might want to go to the galley."

Asher looked nervous. "It's not Ellie fighting a cat again, is it?" he asked.

"No, it's not. Go stop by the galley, it'll make your day."

Asher looked suspiciously up at the camera, but headed for the mess hall instead. Vestia didn't usually lead him wrong, he was probably not going to regret this too much.
Right?
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Fri May 05, 2017 2:02 pm

Sawna chuckled and shrugged "I want to have everyone be happy here" She said, bringing out the salad for Tala.

Shane smiled and looked to Ellie "I am glad she chose to come with us."

~~
Starr nodded then shrugged "Of course we cannot know for certain, but it is what I think"

Danika sat on the table, watching him then laying down to wait for him to finish.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri May 05, 2017 2:08 pm

"You have my thanks!" Tala declared, sitting down and setting to work on her salad. Oh yes, this was good.

"Heck yeah," Ellie agreed. "Nice to have someone who knows how to make doughnuts here." She continued to wolf down her doughnut. "Man, I think Sawna needs to hire some help though."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri May 05, 2017 2:10 pm

Kay nodded. Some of us I suppose will just never know where we came from He shrugged. In Satare culture, the past isn't considered important. It's not where you're from that matters, it's where you're going. He petted Danika's head softly. It still feels weird to be called Dad. He smiled softly. It really did. Hearing it out loud was even stranger. Not bad strange, just strange.

---

"The butler offered. " Esk indicated Amity.

Amity just smiled.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri May 05, 2017 2:14 pm

Asher reached the galley and looked in hesitantly, making sure he wasn't about to walk in on a terrible fight. Thankfully it wasn't a fight, it was just Kay and Starr and baby dragons. He shot a relieved look at Vestia's camera, then waved in greeting to the group. "Good morning!"

~~
"Yeah, teach him to make espresso and you'll be great!" Ellie said cheerfully.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Fri May 05, 2017 2:22 pm

Sawna smiled and nodded "Yeah, I may need help if it stays this busy." She said with a happy smile. She was so glad everyone was liking this so far.

Shane finished his and sat sipping his coffee and watching the others

~~
Danika purred at the petting then saw Asher as he came in. She smiled and got up to go to the part of the table closest to him "Dad" He was her other dad, but she didn't know that many words yet. She was very careful to not get too close to the edge, still not liking to move her wing, even to catch herself.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri May 05, 2017 2:27 pm

Kay looked surprised, Asher usually avoided the galley. He tried not to laugh when Danika ran toward him. Too cute damnit!

---

"What is espresso?" Amity asked.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri May 05, 2017 2:31 pm

"Hmm," Ellie mused, "I bet you could hire someone. Or just make the butler help you out. Once you can train him," she shook her head.

~~
Asher shouldn't have been surprised that Danika was starting to talk, but he was surprised anyway. She was only a few days old! It seemed strange for her to be saying anything yet. He went over to Danika to greet her, since she couldn't really come to him. "Hey there," he said affectionately, "You're talking!" He petted her a bit. "When did she start talking?" he asked Starr curiously.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Fri May 05, 2017 2:43 pm

Sawna chuckled and motioned Amity over to look at her recipies for espresso "It's a coffee drink, made in a special way"

~~~
"They started this morning, with her calling me 'mom' and asking for food" Starr said with a smile. She was glad Danika called both Kay and Asher 'dad'

Danika purred and leaned close to him as he pet her. She liked having three parents

Kerr and Vela were watching the theatrics while nibbling on bites of meat.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri May 05, 2017 2:50 pm

Amity laughed. "I am NOT a butler" he insisted.

"Can you even pick things up?" Esk asked.

"Certainly, though.. only small things." Amity picked up an empty cup to demonstrate. "I;m afraid I won't be much use in moving anything overly heavy." He smiled to Sawna and brought the mug over. "My programming insists I help to serve guests, though that hasn't previously extended to... this." He gestured to the food and drink, not really being totally sure what to make of it all. "it would seem the adaptations the Felid made to get my software to stop bringing up errors has also determined the guests of this ship to be my responsibility. " He didn't seem at all bothered by this, his tone remaining upbeat and cheerful. Having a purpose was good wasn't it? Having a purpose made his little robot brain content. "As the Professor will not wake for at least another 3.4 hours and I have no other demands on my time, I am more than capable of lending assistance in serving these guests."

Esk made a face.

Armin tilted his head. "There is nothing else you would prefer to be doing?" He asked.

Amity laughed lightly. "Preferences are for sentient beings. I am programmed to serve, that is all. "

Armin looked wary.

Amity went over to see what Sawna was talking about. "I'm not familiar with this manner of consumable." He told her.

---

Kay took out his tablet, smiling. he was relieved Danika thought of Asher as a parent too, it had been something he'd worried about. And oh.. so strange. So so strange. They were dads! just... arghhh.

[The others won't be far behind then will they?]
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri May 05, 2017 2:56 pm

Ellie watched Amity with interest. "Well this should be good," she said. "Man, too bad the other robots don't feel that way, it'd make things a lot simpler."

~~
Asher petted Danika for a bit longer, then went to greet Vela and Kerr. It seemed wrong to ignore them, they were his, uh, siblings, after all! Aww, they were so cute too. "Good morning Kerr, Vela," he told them.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Fri May 05, 2017 3:00 pm

Sawna chuckled and showed him the page in her book she had made from the recipes that she liked or thought the others would like.

~~~
Starr smiled and looked tot he two with her "No, they won't be far behind, they didn't take long to pick up the 'mom' calling once Danika started it."

Danika headed for Kay once Asher walked away. She liked him the most since he let her ride in his pocket and listen to his heart, though she was already getting bigger also.

Kerr and Vela put down their food, moving to get pettings from their brother happily. Yeah, they might not know what to call him yet, but they always loved to get attention
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri May 05, 2017 3:05 pm

Amity studied the page with interest. "These are nutritional or recreational?" He asked.

Esk rolled his eyes at Ellie's remark but said nothing.

---

Kay finished his food, petting Danika as she got close enough with his free hand. Goodness this family was confusing and complicated. Though, he mused, that was about typical for his family wasn't it?

Danika was getting big though, fast. Soon enough she wouldn't be able to fit into a pocket. He really would need to talk to Armin.
His own mother had carried him in a wrap until he could walk, and done the same with Esk, he had dim memories of that. Before his brother had started to manifest his abilities.

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri May 05, 2017 3:13 pm

Asher petted the two older hatchlings, smiling proudly at them. "Pretty soon all three of you will be talking nonstop," he told them. "You're all so smart."
He wondered if Danika calling him 'dad' was a conscious use of the word, or if it was just the closest term she knew so. It was hard to tell. Not that it even mattered that much, but you know... curiosity.

~~
Ethan went to investigate what was happening in the new cafe. He wanted to know whether Sawna was having good luck so far.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Fri May 05, 2017 3:20 pm

"More recreational than nutritional" Sawna said with a chuckle "Coffee is usually more of an excuse to watch people and to gather, though some do like it just for it's taste." She shrugged, repeating things she had heard during her shopping.

~~~
Danika chirped and used his arm as a ramp to get onto his shoulder and settle there, using her tail to wrap over his neck so she couldn't fall off.

Kerr and Vela enjoyed the petting, though soon they would go back to the food, calling "food" to one another
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri May 05, 2017 3:25 pm

Kay looked amused, the two other dragons were picking up important words obviously.
He leaned his head gently into Danika in a sort of semi-nuzzle, best he could do with her sitting beside his head and finished his breakfast.

---

Amity nodded. "Noted." He filed Coffee under the same category as various recreational sprays and mists the Aketi used.
"And the colourful multi shaped things?" He indicated the cakes and doughnuts.

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri May 05, 2017 3:30 pm

Asher smiled as the other two went back to their meal. They made eating look like the greatest thing ever, and it was adorable. He watched Danika climb up Kay, which was even cuter. "They grow up so fast," he joked.

~~
Ethan came into the coffee shop.

Ellie looked up at him and glared.

He glared back.

Ellie turned away to resume drinking her coffee.

Ethan, deciding to ignore Ellie too, went to see what Amity and Sawna were doing.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri May 05, 2017 3:33 pm

Esk watched the exchange between Ellie and Ethan with interest, mmm, something happened there. Curious.

Amity smiled at Ethan as he noticed him. "Hello again." He hesitated as he fetched the information, then added "Ethan, it's good to see you again."

Armin chuckled but as it was getting crowded and he didn't really consume coffee or cake, he nodded to Sawna and made his way for the exit. "Good luck to you my friend." he told her as he left, heading back to his room to resume his work.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 39 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 39  Next