Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upon Vestia: Chapter Eighteen

4 posters

Page 1 of 39 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next

Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Eighteen Empty Upon Vestia: Chapter Eighteen

Post by Kooshie Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:39 am

(Starts on day six at the Guild of Scribes.)
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Eighteen Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Eighteen

Post by Starrnico Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:06 am

Shane woke, heading for the dining room to get his breakfast. He smiled and waved to Starr, there and feeding the three babies before getting his own meal and coming over to join her at that table and help her feed them. Gosh, they were cute little things.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:13 am

Tala woke up early, having had a great number of nightmares about her mate and her homeworld the night before. She got up when she got tired of trying to sleep, and headed for the sparring rooms to violently abuse punching bags. She hoped the relocation of the foxes was well under way at least. She'd need to check in later today.

~~
Ellie had slept like a rock thanks to the terraforming project yesterday. She woke up eventually, and realized she hadn't talked to Shane since then. Oh man! Shane was probably dying on suspense about the project if he even knew it had happened.
She went looking for him, and would find him in the dining room. "Hey Shane! Hey Starr! Hey babies!"

~~
Ethan had stayed in the library overnight, studying and charging from an outlet there. Some nights he just didn't feel like going to his room, and preferred to stay reading about stuff all night. He should get up for a change of scenery, but he wasn't in any rush.

~~
James was thinking he wanted to have a look at those magic upgrades the Guild offered. Hmm, he might want to haul someone along for that in case he got annoyed. It was known to happen.
He left his room on the Silver Devil and headed in the direction of the dinning room.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:05 am

Shane smiled at Ellie, waving to her "Hey Ellie, want to help feed the babies?"

Starr smiled and waved too before going back to trying to eat and feed the three babies.

~~~
Sawna was wandering around the 'fitness' floor, looking at the cafes there as she walked along. She had come to get some exercise and punch the bag herself and was now cooling down from it.

~~
Rigel had already left for another day of sightseeing here. While Dawn stayed close to the med-bay, studying again. She was using her magic to hold up her books, making sure she could keep them steady without rifling the pages.

~~~
Moone wwas bringing the chicks to the dining room for breakfast, though Skye was tired from the sleepless night she had had, so she stayed in bed. She kept worrying about Orel, though he had indicated he would come back when he left.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:15 am

Mourn came to the dining hall to eat.

So did Armin.
He bowed his head to Starr and everyone else and came over. "Would you like some help Miss Starr? So you may eat?" She needed so many more hands than she had to do this.

--

Matt had come home last night with sooo much news for Thalia. He was rather relieved by the whole situation, made his own feel that much less overwhelming. Still, he slept in, cuddled up to his fiance. Least until she had to crawl out of his embrace to go throw up again. Damn.

--

Kay spent the night sleeping on a sofa in the rec room, leaning heavily against Asher. he was absolutely exhausted. He was still dozing.

---

Esk came to get breakfast on the go, he didn't much want to have to sit and deal with inane gossip okay?

---

Professor Hewitt decided he wanted to explore this new ship and Amity was more than happy to give him a tour just like James had.
So they headed off on the same route James had taken Amity the day before.

---

Swarm was... about.

---

Luka came to get breakfast.

---
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:21 am

"I can help feed them?" Ellie asked excitedly. "Really?" She grinned at Armin, "Let's feed sacred star dragons together!"

~~
Asher didn't mind Kay sleeping in and leaning on him. Poor, poor Kay, what a day yesterday had been! He stayed in power saving mode, and would until Kay woke up. He could probably use a recharge soon.

~~
Tala smelled Sawna, and once she was tired of beating up punching bags, went to investigate.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:24 am

The professor and Amity headed for the library. The Professor was particularly enthusiastic about libraries, and very curious about the other androids on board. Sentient AIs? whatever next.

--

Esk stood to one side, eating toast and watching Starr and the baby dragons blankly. He seemed to be the only one who didn't find them adorable. Well, him and Mourn.
Mourn just wrinkled his nose at them and kept eating.

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:28 am

Starr chuckled softly and nodded "Yes, I would like the help " She said and took some of the meat (cooked because she didn't like to deal with blood) And portioned it out for the others to feed one baby each.
Shane chuckled and pet Kerr, feeding him already.

~~~
Sawna was simply walking around, staying away from any windows. When she saw Tala, she waved to her "Morning."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:31 am

Armin bowed his head again, to him this was a massive honor.
He crouched and took a piece of meat to feed whichever baby was closest. "They are growing well." He remarked. He looked to Danika's wing. Poor little thing. "How is the youngest doing?" He asked.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:33 am

Ethan looked up from his book at the newcomers, and nodded in greeting. "Good morning," he said awkwardly. "This is your professor, Amity?"

~~
Ellie would feed whichever baby she was pointed toward, cooing at her adoringly. "Oh my gosh Starr, they're so perfect. The last one hatched! She's so cute! Is she okay?"

~~
"Greetings, one who drinks blood," Tala said. "It is a most fine day for exercise, is it not?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:37 am

Amity nodded. "Yes, this is the Professor. I don't believe he's MINE as such." He laughed.

The Professor looked amused at that. "Professor Hewitt." He nodded to Ethan. "You're an android?"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:40 am

Ethan smiled oddly. "Welcome to the library, Professor. I'm Ethan. Yes, I'm an android."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:41 am

Vela chirped at Ellie, going to her when she offered food while Danika went to Aramin.

"She cut her wing trying to hatch, but she's been tended to and is recovering now" Starr replied and smiled, pointing to and naming the babies for them all to know which was which.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:47 am

"Facinating." The Professor stared at him. "The other one was far more enthusiastic."

Amity looked apologetic to Ethan.

"You're a librarian then?" The Professor asked, looking around the library critically. "This is much more like a library. Have you seen the one in the capital? it's like they can't quite decide if they want to be a museum, a playground or an archive. So many garish displays and far too many people."

Amity looked amused. "It is much quieter here sir. Perhaps you will find some literature more to your liking here."

"mm a limited selection, but we'll see." Hewitt looked back to Ethan. He looked like he was sizing up the android.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:51 am

"Aww, poor baby!" Ellie looked sad, but cheered up quickly as she started feeding Vela. It was hard to stay sad when a baby dragon was looking at you hopefully for food.

~~
Ethan snorted. "Despite the physical similarities, my duplicate and I are very different people. I'm glad you noticed." He looked at Hewitt, a bit ruffled. The comment about the limited selection in HIS library was a bit insulting, and the way the guy was looking at him made him a bit suspicious. "Can I help you?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:57 am

The Professor simply smiled. "Oh no, just contemplating. Terran androids are most curious. I've grown so used to Amity and the other hosts, encountering an AI that claims to be genuinely sentient is rather... a novel experience."

Amity glided over to the shelves. "oh look professor, they have several volumes about Astronomy." He was trying to deflect, he knew the professor, and his coding was insisting he intervene before the old man started a debate.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:59 am

Armin smiled broadly behind his mask as he gently fed Danika, unable to resist the urge to pet her head as she ate. She was beautiful, they were all beautiful. Sacred, free Star Dragons. "How is she adjusting? As I recall there was some uncertainty about her imprinting?"

"She still think Nurse Freidman's her mother?" Luka asked, mouth full of cereal.

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:03 am

Danika chirped at Aramin, looking at the spider-man curiously. He was very different than the others.

Vela squeaked at Ellie, coming over close to her to eat and be petted by the excited Terran.

Kerr stayed with Shane, eating from his hand and watching the others.

Starr chuckled softly "She sees Kay as her parent, yes, though she accepts me as her other parent." Starr said then shrugged a little "She imprinted on him and he helped with her wing. He said it should be alright to let her hold it freely to build up the muscles. None of us are certain what effect being hurt like that will have in the future."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:05 am

Ethan's weird smile came back. "'Claims to be sentient'?" He had to bite back a 'God this universe is strange', because it would have raised more questions he didn't want to try to answer. "I'm pretty sure I am sentient," he said with a shrug.

~~
"Kay's her dad?" Ellie squeaked, looking over at Danika, "that is adorable." SHe stopped petting Vela for a moment in her distraction.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:12 am

Starr nodded, glancing over to Esk. Yes she saw him there and she wondered if he had known before this moment. "He is in a way."

Vela squeaked and pressed her head against Ellie, liking the attention from the female.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:16 am

The professor chuckled. "of course you are."

"Sir." Amity tried again, picking up a book and bringing it over a little awkwardly.

"Oh fine." The Professor shook his head. "He's trying to tell me to shush."

Amity lowered his head. "forgive me sir."

"No no, I understand. You're programmed to try to avoid conflict and resolve any arguments amongst guests. It's all in the pamphlets. "

"It is?" Amity frowned a little. "I was not aware the pamphlets gave so much detail..."

"I requested the detail." Professor Hewitt chuckled. "Relax my friend, i'm well aware i'm a grumpy old weed."

"You should not call yourself such derogatory terms sir." Amity insisted.

Hewitt chuckled darkly. "I'll call myself whatever I damn well want Amity. " He looked back to Ethan. "If I were more knowledgable about programming I would love to know more about what makes you tick, but alas, I never explored engineering. More interested in the nuts and bolts of the universe i'm afraid." He took the book off Amity. "Alright, make yourselves useful then. Show me what sort of books you have in this place."

---

Esk stifled a snicker.

Luka looked over. "Does this mean he's an uncle?" She nodded to Esk. Poor kid, sheesh.

"How is the medic adjusting to newfound parenthood?" Armin asked politely. "And how are you adjusting Miss Starr?"

Mourn hadn't been following the conversation at all, he was way more interested in licking the last remnants of milk out of his bowl.

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:22 am

Ethan shook his head at the professor's words. Yes, of course he was sentient. Bah. He didn't get up to help the professor see what was in the library, he wasn't going to 'make himself useful'.
He irritably turned to the next page in his book. "Make I'm sure you can read their titles just fine," he said.

~~
"Holy crap I'm gonna need to buy him a present too!" Ellie said. "Yay!" She started petting Vela again at the little dragon's nudging. "You're cute too," she told the girl reassuringly, "Don't you worry."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:26 am

Starr nodded to Luka's question "Yes, Esk and Matt are uncles, in a way." She said then chuckled softly. "Though I tend to think they will think of all of us as some extended family, growing up even a few days here."  She replied then looked to Aramin "Kay carried her most of the day in his pocket, so I think he's adjusting as well as can be expected for a new parent without having any warning beforehand. As for me, well, I brought them here, so I had time to prepare. Nothing really prepares you for the love they broadcast though. It's wonderful."
Starr then looked to Ellie and tilted her head a little "A present?"
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:30 am

"They broadcast love? That's the cutest thing of all," Ellie said, feeding Vela some more meat and petting her wings. She looked secretive, "Presents? Did I say something about presents? I didn't say something about presents."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:34 am

The professor laughed. "I think I like this one, he's surly."

Amity looked uncomfortable. "Please sir, we are guests here..."

The Professor snickered and went to go look at books.
He enjoyed riling people up.

---

Armin bowed his head. "That is good to hear. You are most blessed Miss Starr. But should you need a break, or any help at all, do not hesitate to ask." He petted Danika once more on the head and put a hand on Starr's shoulder. "They are beautiful, you should be very proud." he told her sincerely.

Esk snickered. "Bet Matt's delighted about that." He remarked. "Does he know?" He licked jam off his fingers.

Luka watched the baby dragons, okay even she had to admit they were cute. Small tiny lizards that made cute squeaking noises, it was hard to believe Starr was actually one of those.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 39 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next