Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upon Vestia: Chapter Eighteen

4 posters

Page 33 of 39 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 39  Next

Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Eighteen - Page 33 Empty Upon Vestia: Chapter Eighteen

Post by Kooshie Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:39 am

First topic message reminder :

(Starts on day six at the Guild of Scribes.)
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Eighteen - Page 33 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Eighteen

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri May 05, 2017 9:15 am

Kay nodded and rested his head on Asher's chest again. They didn't have to get up just yet right? It was still early, nobody had yet managed to stab themselves or whatever.
They probably SHOULD get up though.
After a few minutes he sat up again and propped himself up with the pillows, finding his tablet on the bedside table. [Morning.]

---

Esk settled back in his seat and sipped his drink. He had nowhere to be and nothing to do and besides, people watching was a hobby.

Amity looked a bit at a loose end and quietly asked Sawna "Do you need any help?" Okay making coffee wasn't in his programming, but smiling and asking people what they wanted was!
His programming wouldn't allow him to just stand around and do nothing, so long as his systems were active and people were around, he had to serve them. He wanted to serve them.

---

Armin bowed his head to Vestia. "Our friend has been busy then yes?" He liked the idea of shops, it felt correct to him. It made Vestia feel more like home in his mind. He wondered if perhaps he should see about expanding his workspace, once this wedding dress was finished maybe he could take commissions. The people of this ship always seemed to need something sewn or repaired.
He liked that idea even more.

He went into the kitchen to make himself an insect smoothie.

---

Luka looked up at Vestia's camera at the announcement. "Coffee and cake? That is SO tempting." She laughed and went back to her jog. First a run, then a shower, then cake.

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri May 05, 2017 9:24 am

Asher didn't much care whether they got up now or in ten minutes or something. He wasn't an impatient sort of person. He smiled softly when Kay got up. "Good morning." He tried to reach the plug in the wall to unplug himself, but it was too far. Bah.
He got up to unplug the cable and start rolling it up. "Think the others have been behaving themselves?"

~~
"She's been very busy. She got Tala to help, but she's done most of the work herself. It's very nice," Vestia told Armin. "It's fun to have shops here." Hint hint.

Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri May 05, 2017 9:48 am

[Well nobody's come frantically knocking on the door so we have to assume nobody's terribly injured and if they are, Dawn and James have it under control.] Kay reasoned. He shrugged.

---

Armin bowed his head again. "Well it is what you were hoping for is it not?" He chuckled softly. "It could be good for crew morale if nothing else. It can feel a little... empty around here sometimes." He slipped his straw under his mask to drink. A cafe was definitely more homely and pleasant to gather in than the mess hall. Not that the mess hall wasn't nice, but it wasn't exactly a comforting cozy sort of place.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri May 05, 2017 9:57 am

"Let's hope," Asher said, smiling a bit. "Thank goodness for Dawn."

~~
"Oh yes, I think it'll make people happy to have a new place to go. Not that there's anything wrong with robotic cooks, but I think people will be happy to have actual baristas," Vestia agreed.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri May 05, 2017 10:10 am

Armin nodded and headed that way to go say hi and check out what Sawna and Tala had done.

--

Kay smiled. [she is extremely helpful that's for sure. She seems more eager to learn than any other medical student i've ever met.] He looked amused. [I mean we were terrible for slacking off and getting distracted in med school. I have to say, I admire her dedication.]
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri May 05, 2017 10:19 am

"I went and asked her if she thought she was being payed enough and treated fairly, and she didn't even complain about anything," Asher said, shaking his head. "Not that I have any idea what she's being payed, but still. She's way too enthusiastic about this." He smiled, "Not that I'm complaining, of course."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri May 05, 2017 10:25 am

Kay looked amused. [She's a sensible level headed girl, and she has a clear idea of what she wants to do with her life. It's admirable. Whether she'll be able to retain that patience after a while dealing with some of these idiots remains to be seen. I think a few of them are trying even to the most relaxed of medical staff.]
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri May 05, 2017 10:32 am

Asher faked a shudder of horror. "It's like they want to make all the medics quit," he said. "I mean, who punches a medic anyway?" Why no, he wasn't going to ever forget that. Thank you Heny.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri May 05, 2017 10:35 am

Kay smirked. [Surprisingly common unfortunately. Some people are excessively stupid.]
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri May 05, 2017 10:44 am

"Someday we'll all be appreciated for everything we do," Asher said, trying to look wise. "Someday."
He smiled again, and went to get dressed. Time to get up and go see what the fools on this ship were doing. Hopefully they hadn't burned anything down.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri May 05, 2017 10:46 am

[Always the optimist. ] Kay smiled and got up too, going to have a quick shower before getting dressed.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri May 05, 2017 10:57 am

Asher laughed. "Even I know it won't happen any time soon. I'm not that optimistic." He busily refilled his pockets with all his usual useful items, which was always quite an operation. Hey, he liked being prepared for anything, okay?
Maybe he shouldn't keep carrying all of this stuff. Did he really need a piece of yarn and a handmade crochet hook any more?
He wasn't going to worry about that today. He stuck them in one of his pockets along with everything else.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Fri May 05, 2017 11:22 am

(*gets a fanny pack for Asher to carry all his stuff in* lol)
Sawna smiled then shrugged "It's quiet right now, though that could just be because it is early and a new place." She said then started to wipe the counter just for something to do herself.

~~~
"That sounds interesting, want to go?" Shane asked, looking to Ellie again.

~~
Rigel looked to the camera and smiled "Well, seems you might get at least part of the experience of a cruise ship after." He said to Vestia, glad she would have that
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri May 05, 2017 11:27 am

"Heck yeah! COFFEE," Ellie said. She grinned and headed in the direction of the nearest stairs upward, forgetting she was still wearing unicorn print pajamas.

~~
"Oh yes, I'm very happy about this," Vestia told Rigel. "I grew that nice cafe, and now someone is using it!"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri May 05, 2017 11:40 am

Kay came back into the room to get dressed, hair wet and a towel around his waist. He shot Asher an amused look as he filled his pockets with all that random junk.
He picked up the tablet. [You need more pockets.] He remarked and set it down again, going to find clean clothes.

---

Armin found his way to the coffee shop, still sipping on his smoothie.

Esk looked up. "You know, the general idea of a cafe is that you don't bring your own drinks." He snarked.

Armin bowed his head and extracted the straw from under his mask. "I am not here for beverages." He looked to Sawna. "I came to see how you were getting along." He looked around. "Congratulations my friend, the first genuine business onboard. Perhaps you'll start a trend."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri May 05, 2017 11:46 am

"Yes, probably," Asher agreed, amused. "Maybe I should carry a backpack or a purse, or wear a huge coat with lots of pockets." He finished filling his pockets, "I'm heading out. See you in a while."
He had to go wash himself too, and he preferred to do that in his own room. Meant he could worry about water in peace.
Which meant emptying his pockets again probably. Oops?
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri May 05, 2017 12:08 pm

Kay picked up his tablet again. [Not sure you could pull off a purse.] He teased, nudging Asher as he walked past. He waved and continued getting dressed.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri May 05, 2017 12:12 pm

"Yeah, maybe the huge coat would be a better plan. I'm sure nobody would find that weird at all," Asher agreed. He smiled fondly at Kay, then headed out.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri May 05, 2017 12:22 pm

Kay laughed silently at Asher, the image of him in a giant coat amused him a great deal. Yep, that wouldnt' stand out at all. Nope.

He finished getting dressed and dried his hair once Asher had gone, he should get breakfast, and check in on Starr and the kids.

He slipped that nametag James had made into a pocket, just in case he ran into James, and padded out barefoot to the mess hall.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Fri May 05, 2017 12:36 pm

Shane chuckled and followed Ellie "Do you want to change first?" He asked curiously

~~
Rigel smiled and nodded then glanced back towards the Silver Devil "The way things are going, it would seem our ship isn't going to leave. Not sure if Acus will pull out of this state he's in. I don't think he's even seen the chicks."

~~~
Sawna smiled at Aramin and dipped her head in thanks "Thank you, I do hope it starts a trend. Give us something to do and to look forward to each day, yes?"
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri May 05, 2017 12:40 pm

Ellie paused, realizing that yeah, she was wearing unicorn pajamas. "Yeah, I wanna change. Meet you there! Save me a seat!" She hurried back to her room.

~~
"Well you guys are welcome to stay as long as you want," Vestia told Rigel. "We like having you guys around, you're sensible."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Fri May 05, 2017 12:42 pm

Shane smiled and shook his head a little efore heading to make sure there were enough seats to save one for her.

~~
Rigel dipped his head then started walking to the cafe to check it out.

~~~
Starr and the hawk girls had their babies in the galley, feeding them before they would go to see this new cafe.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri May 05, 2017 12:49 pm

Armin nodded. "A cosy meeting place could be exactly what the crew needs." He agreed and bowed his head in greeting to the others.
"I do not know you." He spoke to Amity who was still just sort of trying to not get in the way.

"I am Amity." Amity told him cheerfully.

"He's some sort of holographic butler." Esk interrupted.

"I am a host unit." Amity correctly merrily.

"What does that mean?" Armin asked.

Amity looked a bit confused. "I am a host, I... ensure the guests have a pleasant stay, undertake various tasks as required. "

"See? butler." Esk snorted and went to get a refill on his drink.

Okay then... Armin bowed his head to Amity politely. "A pleasure to meet you." then went to look at all the things Sawna had laid out.

---

Kay wandered into the galley and grabbed some breakfast, smiling softly at the baby dragons, particularly Danika. He waved to starr
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Fri May 05, 2017 12:57 pm

Sawna chuckled as she refilled Esk's drink. She was glad he liked it enough to get a refill.

~~~
Starr waved to Kay then chuckled as Danika ran over to the part of the table closest to him, calling "Dad, dad"
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri May 05, 2017 1:02 pm

Ellie headed up toward the cafe and went in, looking around curiously. "Oh man, nice place!" She said. She looked in the display case to see what Sawna had in there.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri May 05, 2017 1:06 pm

Kay blinked. She's speaking! He set his plate down and reached out a hand to her, stunned by her sudden language. Sure Starr had mentioned they'd talk soon but this soon? Damn Star Dragons were precocious little things.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Fri May 05, 2017 1:10 pm

Shane waved to Ellie when she came in then looked back to the choices there. he finally picked something that didn't have too much sugar and a drink before heading to a seat.

Rigel walked in and paused at the door to look at everyone "Good thing you picked the big room." He said before going to pick out something to eat and drink

~~
Danika climbed onto his hand, nuzzling him happily.

"Yes, she's learning to speak quicker that the others, possibly because Asher cannot hear her or her understand him so easily" Starr said then shrugged "But even these two are learning. "
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 39 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 39  Next