Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upon Vestia: Chapter Eleven

5 posters

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Eleven - Page 24 Empty Upon Vestia: Chapter Eleven

Post by Admin Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:16 pm

First topic message reminder :

She blinked and nodded, "Yea...?"

Admin
Admin

https://vestiaswanderings.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Eleven - Page 24 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Eleven

Post by Admin Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:41 pm

She smirked, "We lead the way since you are carrying me." She snickered.

Admin
Admin

https://vestiaswanderings.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:01 am

Kay shook his head and shot Asher a "let's get outta here" glance. Yes, privacy good. Away from Heny and her... thoughts... eugh.
He headed off back to the medical room.

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:37 am

Asher followed Kay, more than a bit relieved that Merith and Heny had left. Heny's moods were a powerful and terrifying thing lately, and he suspected that they were considerably worse for Kay than they were for him.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:18 am

Kay looked to Asher with a feigned haunted expression on his face. [She has terrible taste in men.] He remarked. Why Heny why?
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:36 am

"He's not so bad. He didn't even try to torment me about my sudden change of heart," Asher replied, amused. "Just imagine how much gloating he could have gotten in if he felt like it."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:15 am

Merith laughed and carried Heny to their quarters, where they would retreat for some time...
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:17 am

[I wouldn't relax just yet, he might just be saving up for another test of our patience.] He frowned, thinking of Heny. [It's strange. Heny remembers things that bring her sadness, yet remains oblivious to any missing memories. She doesn't seem to know what Merith means by the procedure, nor indeed has any inclination to ask. I worry that without knowing precisely what she does and does not recollect we may inadvertently bring something up that hits a blank spot, and then what happens? Will her mind skim over it or will she panic? She must be aware that people are acting strange around her and it concerns me. While it's nice to have her back to herself, i'm not sure i'm totally comfortable with the idea that she may have been programmed to simply ignore the gaps. Is it better to not know you have amnesia? I don't know. I feel like really we need to have been told more about precisely what they did to her. What is in that orb, what doesn't she remember? and how do we avoid alerting her to those missing memories when we don't even know what's missing?] He chewed his lip. He hadn't brought this up earlier as he hadn't wanted to voice his concerns prematurely, but Heny's tears at the memory of an old friend, her complete lack of fear of the medical lab, it was all so confusing.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:34 am

Asher nodded unhappily. "What the Creator did to her memories is obviously very complicated, and even though Heny seems all right at the moment, I get the feeling that that could change very quickly if someone said the wrong thing to her." He looked away for a moment, sighing, "We just don't know enough about Heny's mind to protect her, all we can do is try to avoid mentioning traumatic things in her presence. I'm not sure even the Creator understands Heny's mind, and she designed her. If she did know, I'm sure she would have given us more advice."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:38 am

[Frustrating isn't it? ] He huffed. [I'm sure we'll muddle through. Still, on the bright side, she's currently herself and Merith is cooperating temporarily with her wants and needs. Though I expect as soon as they become not so fun for him he'll go back to hiding.] Kay's eyes narrowed, yeah he really didn't like Merith did he? He shook his head. [Sorry, let's try to think of less irritating and depressing things. What do you know of this space station we're supposed to be docking at?]
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:52 am

Asher sighed. Kay's view of Merith really was a cynical one, which he sort of understood, but couldn't fully agree with himself. He did wish Kay would give Merith the benefit of the doubt, but yeah, he doubted that would happen. "We'll need to keep a close eye on Heny's situation. She needs to be kept from being lonely, since that wouldn't be good for her."
Asher smiled at the subject change. "I hear there are some nice shops there, but it's a bit of a dangerous place if you go to the wrong floors. Also Vestia is going to have to orbit a ways out, and we'll have to fly in with the shuttles."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:59 am

Kay nodded. [I suggest we stay on the correct floors then. Hopefully our new companion can act as a guide, keep us out of trouble.] He looked like he didn't really believe it was possible to keep out of trouble.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:02 am

"I think it'll be very good to have Armin's help," Asher said, smiling. "And who knows? Maybe we'll get lucky this time and have an uneventful visit." He didn't look like he believed that either though.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:12 am

Kay looked amused. [Ever the optimist Asher. ] He smiled softly. [It'd be nice to get a break.]
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:23 am

"Well someone has to try to be an optimist around here, anyway." Asher smiled ruefully, "Although I must admit I have my concerns too."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:28 am

Kay smiled back. [Maybe we shouldn't go anywhere just the two of us. It seems to tempt fate. Still, I enjoy spending time alone with you. ] He shrugged. [It's not helpful to start getting superstitious about things. There's no evidence things won't be absolutely fine. Let's just hope we've had enough drama for the week shall we?]
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:38 am

Asher nodded. "You're right. We need to avoid becoming paranoid, that's just a waste of time."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:45 am

[Exactly. And if the universe is out to get us, it's not like we can do anything about it anyway right?] He looked amused.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:53 am

"No, I suppose not." It was funny, Asher could remember having a very similar conversation back on the planet Merith had exploded, when Kay was worried about leaving the ship, and he had argued that they couldn't plan ahead for every bad situation they might stumble acroiss. Now Kay was the one saying that they might as well not worry and just have fun. It was an odd feeling.
Asher concluded that yes, he really must be a terrible influence on Kay. Oops.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:06 am

Honestly Kay was just tired of worrying all the time. It was exhausting and never seemed to change the end result. They were probably all going to die horribly soon anyway, the family would catch them, the universe would burn and they'd all go out fighting. But if that was the case, well, why not embrace the good parts, cling on with both hands and refuse to let go.

Despite everything, he still felt weirdly safe with Asher by his side. It made no sense, after all, so often when they were together terrible things happened but they always got out of it alive and Asher was always there to make sure Kay was okay, well, the shooting incident aside. He found Asher's presence reassuring and comforting. No matter what, if they were together, maybe it'd all be okay.

Kay had always trusted Asher, right from the first day they met and he'd never understood why. But he really didn't care for the reason anyway, he was happy. The universe was on the brink of some kind of massive war, but he was happy for the first time in so so long. Just his luck to find contentment like this just as the final chapters of existence were coming to an end.

As they walked he let his fingers brush against Asher's, the tiniest gesture of affection.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:36 am

Asher smiled softly at Kay's touch. This day had ended up being so good, and he hoped they would have more like it in the future. At least for a while, everything was good, and they were safe, and the universe was right.
He would go to the med bay to keep an eye on things for a while, because he didn't really feel like going into power saving mode yet, and Kay should probably go off duty since it was getting late.
He didn't do anything specific for once, just sat and thought. It was nice.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:38 am

Kay would bid Asher goodnight, glancing slightly resentfully at the camera for a moment before he left.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:52 am

"Good night," Asher replied affectionately.

Vestia kept her camera innocently still, as if she didn't understand the look Kay shot her. Heh.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:02 pm

-A little later-

Matt knocked on the door.
Kay answered, frowning a little at his brother. What now?

“So...  I need to talk to you about something.” Matt told him.

Of course he did, that was the only reason he ever came knocking. what now?

“Are you in a mood again?”

Kay rolled his eyes and gestured that Matt come in and get on with it.

“I mean I can come back later.”

It's late Matt, just get this over and done with so I can go to bed.

“Yeah sorry, you're always busy earlier in the evening.”

Kay rubbed his eyes and sat on the bed. What's the matter?

Matt sat down. “Okay so... Thalia said you attacked him.. her? You know what I mean” Argh damn keepers.

Kay looked bemused at that gender confusion. I didn't attack Thalia He looked awkward.

“So what do you call throwing someone into a wall?” Matt countered.

Kay lowered his head. I lost my patience.

“You attacked is what you did. You can't just throttle people Kay!”

I'm well aware of this. I wasn't in a particularly stable state at the time now was I?

“Well that's... kinda what I wanted to talk to you about. I mean, right now Thalia just thinks you're psycho and I can't explain it without really explaining everything. I can't keep covering for you Kay, and I can't have my partner thinking my brother is some sort of unstable lunatic.”

Why not? It's not like either of us want much to do with one another anyway.

“But that's just it! It's not fair on me having the two of you being assholes to each other and avoiding one another. I love you both and you HAVE to suck it up and get along for my sake alright? “

Kay shook his head. you really think telling Thalia I have an awful disease is going to make him think better of me?

“Well maybe not but at least it would explain your behavior and it would explain why I get so freaked out around the full moon. Kay, he's an empath and a telepath, he can sense my anxiety and it gives him a migraine and I can't tell him WHY i'm anxious. That's not fair on either of us.”

Kay frowned deeply. Asking me to tell him isn't fair Matt. We have no idea how he'll take it, or how well he'll keep that secret.

“Kay... he won't hurt you, she.. wont' hurt you. Damn this is confusing. Anyway, you won't get hurt and we can trust her, I trust her Kay why can't you?”

Because he's given me zero reason to do so. I know you love him very much Matt, but I don't trust him at all. Not with my life, not with my secrets and certainly not with your wellbeing.

Matt shook his head. “You're wrong. “

All you two ever seem to do is fight. About stupid trivial things. The amount of times i've seen you miserable because yet again something's gone wrong. Matt, I love you and I care deeply for you, and it sucks to see your give so much of yourself to someone who's causing you so much pain.

Matt closed his eyes. “Kay. You only ever see the worst. I won't say we don't have a turbulent relationship, but it's not always bad. There's so much good that you just don't see. You have to trust me to make my own choices Kay, and I want to be with Thalia. I love her with all my heart and I know that she loves me. And no we don't always see eye to eye but you know what? No relationship is perfect. I intend to spend the rest of our lives together ironing out those creases. “

Kay stared at him. Matt. Don't pour all you have into someone who isn't willing or able to pour just as much into you.

“I won't. “ Matt smiled softly. “Trust me Kay. Thalia is good for me. You can't see it, but trust me. It's what I want. She's who I want.”

Kay exhaled deeply and nodded. It still stands though, I don't trust him.

“Kay... she's practically family. And eventually she'll work it out. She can read my mind, I can't keep things from her indefinitely. We HAVE to explain this to her.”

Kay chewed his lip, looking uncertain. Matt made a good point, it would be a lot worse if Thalia figured this out alone.
I don't think I can stand to have that conversation Matt.

“Then let me tell it, at least then she might understand what's going on with you. May be able to forgive you. I.. I need you both to get along. I don't expect you to love one another or even really like each other, but just PRETEND for my sake? I hate being caught in the middle of it. It's exhausting.”

Kay lowered his head guiltily. I'm so sorry Matt. I'll try. I'm not happy about it but if you think you can trust him then I trust you.

Matt nodded. “Thank you.” He shifted in his seat uncomfortably. “There's uh.. one more thing I have to ask you.”

Kay watched him warily.

“So uh.. will you be my best man?”

Kay stared at him. what?

“Yeah we uh... Decided to make it official. We're gonna announce our engagement at dinner when we get to the space station but I thought you needed to know first. Don't tell anyone okay? It's a surprise. And try to be happy for me.. please try to be happy.” Matt pleaded.

Kay shook his head, forcing a smile. Matt, you're an idiot but I love you and if you want to get married then go ahead. Like you say, it's your life, your mistakes to make.

“This is SO not gonna be a mistake, I know it isn't.”

Kay nodded slowly Then congratulations I suppose. I hope you know what you're doing.

“I haven't a clue what i'm doing, but it's great!” Matt grinned and pulled Kay into a hug. “Cheer up man, you'll see. Thalia's a great person really under all that. You two would get along great if you'd just give it a chance. “

Kay pulled away from the enthusiastic hugging, smiling softly at his idiot brother. i'll try, but no promises.

“I have faith in you both.” Matt told him cheerfully. “I'll let you sleep and Kay? Thank you.”

What for?

“not lecturing me, not trying to talk me out of it, just.. not being a jerk. “

Kay shrugged.

“And don't worry, she's not going to tell anyone your secret and she's not gonna freak out. It'll be fine.”

Kay shook his head. I wish I could share your optimism Matt.

“It'll be fine, and if it isn't i'll make it fine. We have to tell her. She'll understand, Thalia's cool like that.” Matt smiled. “Sleep tight okay? I'll see you in the morning.”

Kay nodded. Goodnight Matt. Yeah thanks Matt, how was he going to sleep NOW? Bah.

Matt remained oblivious, waving to his brother and heading back to Thalia.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:20 pm

TIMESKIP - NEXT MORNING AFTER CHECKUPS AND STUFF HAVE ALREADY HAPPENED
(SYNCING TO DEFIANT/SD TIMESTREAM)

The space station Defiant was moderately large, and reasonably prosperous, but to Vestia it looked tiny. It had less than half her floor count, wasn't much wider than her, and basically looked like something she could accidentally destroy with a single wrong move.
Which was why she wasn't permitted to dock with space stations, to be honest. She might upset their orbits if something went wrong.
She settled into orbit nearby, matching its trajectory. "Okay guys, we're here! Take the shuttles, not the airlock!"

~~
Bianca hid in the walls.

~~
Asher looked around, decided the med bay was in good order, and headed for the shuttle bay. He hadn't been to a space station in months, and he kind of missed it.

~~
Ellie whooped with joy and charged for the shuttle bay at speeds no human is supposed to use in halls.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:30 pm

Merith and Vanessa headed to the shuttles together. Vanessa forced a smile to her lips as Merith looked at her, just as solemn. With a forlorn gaze they quietly walked towards their destination, speaking in low whispers.

"So... This is the final time." She said.

"Maybe." He said.

"What do you plan to do, since it may very well be the last time you set foot on a space station? Or anything besides a prison, or a guilltuine block, for that matter."

"They still use that?" Merith looked a little green.

"It's the most efficient and humane way to execute a Keeper. The blade is laced with the same substance as the Dakkan daggers..."
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:43 pm

Kay and Matt joined the others in the shuttle bay.

Mourn checked his weaponry and glared around, relieved at least this meant they should be getting rid of the teeny bounty hunter grrr.

Armin excitedly waited too, he'd cleared his room of webs because it was the polite thing to do and now stood waited to board the shuttles, looking around at his new friends and up at the camera with a little sadness. She was a nice ship, he'd miss her.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:21 pm

Shane looked up and smiled a little, heading for the shuttles to visit the space station. He smiled at Skye then at Ellie when they came in as he headed to the ship's shuttle.

Starr was in her shuttle, but she wasn't going anywhere, she was busy working on something she hadn't told the others about.

Moone was staying with the three babies and keeping them on the ship. (If the creator is staying, she's going to bring them to see her again.)
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next