Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upon Vestia: Chapter Ten

5 posters

Page 20 of 39 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 29 ... 39  Next

Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Ten - Page 20 Empty Upon Vestia: Chapter Ten

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:03 pm

First topic message reminder :

Matt pulled him into a tight hug. "it's okay..." He sounded more like he was trying to reassure himself.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Ten - Page 20 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Ten

Post by Admin Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:14 pm

She blinked, "a bit...why?"

Admin
Admin

https://vestiaswanderings.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:15 pm

Kay couldn't really disconnect the thing with his hands, he held out that hand to Asher while tapping with the other ---I'm fine.--- that was a flat out lie, he felt pretty awful but he was also ravenously hungry. ---I can take care of myself, I may be sick but i'm still a medic. You focus on treating people who can't treat themselves.---

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:17 pm

"Because we have a patient dealing with all those problems, and currently she doesn't much want me around," Asher told the Creator. "You can start looking after Heny tomorrow."
He helped Kay disconnect himself. "Please take it easy," he said worriedly. It was no use arguing though, that was clear.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:20 pm

The Creator blinked, then sighed softly. "She that bad then?"

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:24 pm

"She's had a difficult time lately," and I haven't been mentally together enough to deal with it. But he kept the last part to himself. "Perhaps you can help her better than I can."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:25 pm

She nodded, "I hoped healing her genetics would of helped, but the price of it may of been too painful."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:29 pm

---You too, but we both know neither of us will listen.---

Kay frowned a little at talk of Heny. He'd have to apologize to her later, preferably once he wasn't so scary looking. He doubted his current appearance would much help his interactions with her, particularly if she got aggressive. He didn't want to hurt her.

---She's depressed, angry and unreasonable. Combined with her usual stubborn behavior, it makes for a volatile concoction. It's hard to let her know people care about her when she's trying so hard to push everyone away. --- He lowered his head. ---She hurts too much.---
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:37 pm

Asher smiled slightly at Kay's comment. Yeah, they were both too stubborn to admit weakness. He supposed that was why he and Kay got along so well. Still, it would have been nice if Kay would rest.

More seriously he said, "Kay's right. She's grieving, and hurting, and under a lot of stress from being both sick and pregnant, and that makes her more difficult to help. You're presumably very experienced," --a polite way of saying 'old'-- "so maybe you'll have some idea how to help her psychologically."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:45 pm

The creator nodded, "I'll do my best...she was never created for the role that bastard put her in." She sighed bitterly.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:51 am

Kay nodded thanks to the creator and went off to go find food, hopefully avoiding any of the rest of the crew.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:15 am

Asher went to get the wheelchair, then returned with it and looked at the Creator. "What did you create her for?" he asked, unable to ignore his curiosity. "Unless that's too private a question, of course."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:19 am

She softly smiled, "There twelve creators total in the universe, our duty was to fill the void with life...sadly jealousy ran strong in a few and bitterness rose. The keepers were to be the first, the teachers, the protectors, they were to help guide the younger races...The personality Heny has is a currupt version of what she was to be.."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:28 am

Purposes. Even noble purposes. Ugh. He carefully avoided saying something completely rude, and instead went with, "It seems to me that it was rather shortsighted to grant immortal beings the ability to think and feel, leaving them unable to escape the pain they saw. There was no way that could ever turn out well for the majority of the species."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:31 am

"Indeed, that wasn't my choice. My, companion took their DNA map before I was finished and "finished" it for me." She sighed sorrowfully.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:38 am

"That was the one who kidnapped Heny and Merith?" Asher asked. He started cleaning counters idly, wanting to keep his hands busy.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:45 am

Merith watched Shock from the shadows. The Avian had done nothing new since he recovered but run. The treadmill was nearly worn from his feet, and only periodically did he stop to drink water, but not much. Merith worried for his health but was unsure how to approach the situation. People grieved in things like this, and this was just Shock's way of coping.

And to think, the Keeper couldn't help but remind himself, I did something like this to other people...

He shook his head. He couldn't reminiscence on the past like this. They didn't need another moping character. He straightened and left the room to the ever silent bird. Instead, he walked towards the Creator, thinking that maybe speaking to her would improve things. Merith wondered if her admiration for her was something similar to a mother, but chuckled to himself lightly. It was awkward to think of it like that. He spotted two orbs hanging around the general vicinity of the Creator, and he sighed. "What are you two doing?"

"Quite simple, Merith." Vanessa said dreamily, her orb pulsating with her voice, "We are feeding. I'm showing Quinn how Anamcara can survive off of arcane energy alone."

"She needs her strength, Venus. You secretly vampiring off her arcane isn't helping her at all." Merith said with a furrowed brow, "I know that much energy is like a beacon to your kin, and I can see Quinn acting like this, but you should have more resilience to your instinct..." He had a lightbulb moment. "I think Sonata needs help with Cassi and her pmflying lessons. Perhaps you two can assist again."

"Very well, Merith." Vanessa sounded disappointed, "Come, Quinn. This'll be a lesson for two students." Merith watched the two Anamcara float off before walking towards the Creator again.
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:59 am

The Creator nodded, "Yes that is."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:03 am

Asher sighed. "He truly sounds like a terrible person. Nobody should create sentient, sapient species though, it's cruel and never ends well." He looked up at the sound of someone coming in, and smiled. "Oh hello, Merith."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:08 am

Merith smiled at Asher. "Hey. Is this a bad time?"
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:11 am

"It's probably not a bad time. What brings you in here?" Asher asked.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:16 am

"And if we didn't your kind wouldn't be here, nor would any of you." She said truthfully hefore smiling at Merith weakly.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:31 am

"Just..." Merith hesitated, pondering on his words before shaking his head. His long length of Raven black hair swayed with the motion as it shine in the light. He returned his one good eye to view both the android and the woman, "Checking on everyone." He really didn't have much else other than fret. He wasn't exactly a necessity upon this ship other than for the sake of others.
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:33 am

Asher tensed and looked at the counter. "I am aware that I owe my life to another species. Every day of my life, I've known that I existed thanks to their labors, and for most of my life, they forced me to work as their slave because they built me, and they built all my kind to be completely obedient. Their sense of entitlement over my kind is horrific, and from what I've seen, most creators similarly exploit their creations.
"I know that not all who create are cruel, like my creators were. But most who create do it with some purpose in mind, forcing their creations onto a single set path, giving them the ability to hurt, but not the freedom to choose their own way. AIs are built to be slaves, Keepers are built to teach, or changed to serve some other purpose. They can hurt and wish they could be different, but usually they can't, because they weren't built to be anything else."
He kept his voice steady, "Since I exist, I choose to continue to exist. But creating species that can understand the lot in life they were given, and hate what they've been forced to be, is cruel and vicious. I don't object to beings being created, I object to them being created for a purpose."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:37 am

Merith thought of something by Asher's words. He grinned sickly but said nothing as he listened in silence.
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:39 am

The creator stayed calm as she listened before calmly speaking, "Every object is created with a purpose, may not be obvious but it is the truth. Hate me as you will but that is the truth, do I think the Terrans are correct what they did? No, I do not think so but I did not create them." She looked at Merith, "May I talk to you?" She inquired carefully wheeling the chair around (assume she is in one ahaha)

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:41 am

Merith blinked, nodding at the woman. "Of course."
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:46 am

"Most species have the opportunity for each individual to find their own purpose. A child can grow up to be a pilot, or a teacher, or an inventor. But some of us don't get that opportunity," he said softly. "There are so many who create, and are simply unable to let their creations choose for themselves. They just have to decide for them."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 39 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 29 ... 39  Next