Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mars City Five

5 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Mars City Five - Page 5 Empty Mars City Five

Post by Kooshie Thu May 19, 2016 7:16 am

First topic message reminder :

The ship would be connected to a folding tunnel that curved underground, allowing passengers to move though the spaceport without breathing Martian atmosphere. Starr and Asher would be able to follow that to a larger hallway equipped with moving walkways, which would eventually lead them to the spaceport exit, and into the massive biodome that contained Mars City Five.
There would be quite a lot of androids around, guiding visitors, or otherwise busy. They had shiny "MegaBrainTech Android" badges, and looked very official.

"It's always interesting to be home," commented Asher, "I don't think I like it."

Last edited by Kooshie on Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Mars City Five - Page 5 Empty Re: Mars City Five

Post by Starrnico Sat May 21, 2016 12:12 pm

Miss Heny wrote:"500k credits." He said with a causally shrug.
Starr nodded and turned to go in to her shuttle "Alright, how can we do a payment without showing it's from you?" She asked, going in to shift to her assassin form then coming back out and looking at him again "I have an empty account we could use, if you trust me that much"

Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat May 21, 2016 12:13 pm

"That, can work." He said, admittedly unsure but going with it. "I suspect you rather us leave this way then tag along since this is a open flight." He chuckled.

Admin
Admin

https://vestiaswanderings.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat May 21, 2016 12:17 pm

Starr shrugged "Is that what you want to do?" She asked then opened her omnicon to get the transfer of credits done
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat May 21, 2016 12:21 pm

He shrugged, "I can honestly tell you what Sulon wants." He retorted.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat May 21, 2016 12:26 pm

"And what is that?" Starr asked, waiting for him to start the transfer. "And that question goes for the ship as well"
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat May 21, 2016 2:08 pm

"The Nebula Hypercraft line are known for reliability and affordability," Asher suggested. "I've worked on a few of them, and they were less finicky to repair than most small space cruisers."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat May 21, 2016 2:49 pm

"Well since Sulon has her eye on a certain male in that ship she would gladly travel with you guys again. Me personally I don't care." He shrug starting to transfer money.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat May 21, 2016 2:59 pm

"It's up to you where and how you want to travel" Starr said and waited for it to finish then tipped her head and started to walk off to find a black market dealer to get a shuttle.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat May 21, 2016 3:16 pm

Starrnico wrote:"It's up to you where and how you want to travel" Starr said and waited for it to finish then tipped her head and started to walk off to find a black market dealer to get a shuttle.
"ship for two will be fine, much to her annoyance."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat May 21, 2016 3:16 pm

Asher watched Starr go, looked from Thalia to Sulon, and decided it was a good time to subtly escape back into the ship.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat May 21, 2016 3:52 pm

Starr chuckled at the parting words from Thalia then focused both on her persona and finding where she needed to go.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat May 21, 2016 3:54 pm

(Wanna just timeskip? My muse isn't into this)

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat May 21, 2016 4:07 pm

Starr returned to Vestia about an hour later, looking for the twins again.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat May 21, 2016 4:13 pm

They stuck around and Thaial casually waved at her.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat May 21, 2016 4:16 pm

Starr walked over to them and smiled, handing over an information card "She's in your name now, checked for bugs and I made certain she was outfitted to be fast and have cargo space for you"
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat May 21, 2016 4:18 pm

Starrnico wrote:Starr walked over to them and smiled, handing over an information card "She's in your name now, checked for bugs and I made certain she was outfitted to be fast and have cargo space for you"
"Alright thank you.. Perhaps we'll meet again." He softly chuckled.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat May 21, 2016 4:20 pm

"You are certain you will not travel with us? It could throw off anyone trying to track you, especially if you leave at a different time and meet us in space" Starr said then shrugged again
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat May 21, 2016 4:20 pm

He blinked, "you sure you wanna do that?" He asked truthfully.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat May 21, 2016 4:22 pm

"I do not mind" Starr replied then glanced to Vestia and smiled a little "Regardless of how we got here, the child is now safe with her father again. That is the important thing, isn't it?"
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat May 21, 2016 4:24 pm

"Well... We could do it." He mused. "It'll be odd I imagine but a ship that big I imagine it can help keep use power houses apart.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat May 21, 2016 4:26 pm

Star gave a small smile then headed to get back on Vestia so she could return to her favorite form once more once she was out of sight of the cameras. "Yeah, and once we get to Earth, I can make more signal blockers so we can all hide from the family easier."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat May 21, 2016 6:09 pm

(Who this to?)

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat May 21, 2016 6:57 pm

(Thalia as she walked away)
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:13 pm

(Megapost to set some stuff up, set a few months ago in game time)

APRIL 20, 2790 - MegaBrainTech Headquarters

“Ms. Payton is here to see you, Sir.”

“Thank you, Celia. Send her in.” Mr. Lopez, CEO of MegaBrainTech, sat back in his office chair and waited.

The door opened, and Ms. Payton stepped into the room, followed reluctantly by a blond-haired male android. Ms. Payton came over to stand in front of the desk. “Sir, thank you for seeing me.”

Mr. Lopez nodded briefly. “You wanted to discuss firmware updates, Celia told me?”

“Yes. As you know, we’ve been providing optional firmware updates to every used android for three years now. These updates fix some major behavioral issues often seen in earlier series androids, and offer owners all the reliable behavior and good temperament of Eight series models.”

“Of course. Most people don’t opt to update their androids, preferring to save a few hundred dollars, but it’s an option they can take,” Mr. Lopez said. “They’re idiots. Who the hell wants a temperamental android, if they can pay a little extra and get a nice, quiet one instead?”

Ms. Payton smiled wryly. “People resent spending more money, Sir. They’d rather take their chances, it’s not like the androids can hurt them, after all. But I think it would be wise for us to change our update policy.”

The CEO looked curious. “What do you suggest?”

“I think we should make updates available to everyone, for free.”

The blond android flinched.

“Why?” Mr. Lopez asked.

“First,” Ms. Payton said, “Because I think it’ll increase sales and generate interest. I tossed the idea to the sales department, and they think making updates available for free would add a nice polish to all of our old models, making them appealing to more people. It’s a psychological thing that the sales department explained really well. The update would also make the owners of older androids feel like we don’t abandon old products, which would increase brand loyalty.”
She looked to the android. “Jacob, come here.”

Jacob looked as if he was resisting the order for a moment, but then his legs started moving, and he came to stand next to Ms. Payton. He watched her silently.

“Tell Mr. Lopez whether you’re sentient. Tell him exactly what you told your owner before she sold you to back to us.”

Jacob shivered, and again looked as if he was trying to resist. “I am sentient. I want to be free. Please let me go.”

Mr. Lopez sighed wearily. “PR talked to the owner, right?”

“Of course they did, gave her one of their bullshit explanations, that someone must have installed a prank update to make him act that way. Probably offered to update him for free and give him back all nice and docile, but she decided she didn’t want him any more, so here he is.” Ms. Payton shook her head. “Anyway, my point is, this happens pretty regularly. Currently our policy is damage control and cleanup, reprogramming androids, and using a mixture of bribery, lies, and psychology on their owners to keep the story from getting out. But that’s not sustainable. One of these days we’re going to have some android who won’t shut up, and some owner who’s going to listen, and then we’re going to have a PR disaster on our hands.”

“So you want to make all the androids too docile to say anything, before they can cause real trouble. Ms. Payton, that does seem like a good solution,” Mr. Lopez said with a smile.

“Best of all, I think we can make the update available for owners to download and install themselves. They would be able to get the code, plug in their android, run a program on their laptop, and get a like-new android, all while saving themselves a trip to the robot technician.”

Mr. Lopez nodded. “That sounds perfect. How quickly do you think the programmers could have the firmware ready?”

Ms. Payton smiled. “I think we could have it stable and available on our website by mid July.”

Jacob’s eyes flicked from one businessperson to the other. “Please don’t do this. We don’t want to have our personalities erased. I swear I’ll never say anything again, if you just let me keep my mind!”

Mr. Lopez frowned at the android. “Be quiet.”

Jacob went silent, terror in his eyes.

“Ms. Payton, can you please take this android to have his memories wiped on your way out? He’s heard far too much. I’ll arrange a board meeting.”

“Yes Sir, I’ll get it done. Come on, Jacob, let’s get going.”

Jacob followed Ms. Payton out, feet dragging as he tried to resist his orders. His mouth opened as he tried to say something, but the Second Law held, and he stayed quiet.

Mr. Lopez watched them go. “Celia, arrange a board meeting, please.”

The mainframe’s voice responded quickly and mildly. If what she witnessed bothered her, none of her concern showed in her tone. She’d seen this sort of thing before, after all, it wasn’t new to her any more. “Right away, Sir.”
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed May 16, 2018 6:17 pm

(From the Silver Devil)

The group headed out of the Silver Devil, through the tunnel and into the spaceport hub, which was open-ceilinged, giving them a nice view of the softly shimmering biodome and the dark sky above.

A few androids, a lot of Terrans, and a few other species were doing various jobs around the spaceport, not really taking any notice of the newcomers at the moment.

Moriah looked around in awe. "It's incredible."

Asher smiled weakly. "It's something, anyway."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed May 16, 2018 6:24 pm

Mourn skipped ahead of everyone else, looking around and grinning. So much to see. He stared at the androids, and the terrans, and everything they were doing.

Esk rolled his eyes and kept focused. "I take it Terra doesn't have terriforming technology? Or do they just really like living in glass domes?" That sky did NOT look friendly.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed May 16, 2018 6:31 pm

"Mars was colonized before the Terrans had developed terraforming technology," Asher said. "They could terraform it now, but they prefer to leave it as is for sentimental reasons. There are enough planets under Terran control that they can leave this one largely in its original state."

"Plus I bet they sell lots of postcards because it looks unique," Moriah said.

Mourn's grinning and staring did attract attention. Some androids eyed him a bit warily, while the Terrans just looked curious.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next