Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upon Vestia: Chapter Eighteen

4 posters

Page 19 of 39 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 39  Next

Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Eighteen - Page 19 Empty Upon Vestia: Chapter Eighteen

Post by Kooshie Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:39 am

First topic message reminder :

(Starts on day six at the Guild of Scribes.)
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Eighteen - Page 19 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Eighteen

Post by Starrnico Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:01 pm

Shane shrugged "I have so far, but then, I was raised to think I was a Terran, so I didn't have much choice. I am learning more now that I have that choice though. Are the stars any different where you come from?"

~~~
Danika purred as he pet her, reveling in the act and the feelings from him. She leaned into his touch, happy and loving the moment.

~~~
Skye nodded then looked over to the chicks again before clearing the computer. Yeah, who knew how much they could really understand so fer? Best to not take chances with them.

Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:31 am

"Different in what way?" Hewitt asked. "They are in different places obviously, but they're still stars."

---

Kay kept petting Danika, sweet little dragon.

---

"Do you feel better yet?" Amity asked Skye.

---

Matt nodded. "Yeah, language is weird. I guess i'm lucky, I seem to be pretty quick to pick them up, same with Esk. But he's got that whole perfect memory thing." He shook his head. "Apparently it helps. " Hm, didn't the androids have perfect recall too? He always thought that had to suck, never being able to forget things. He picked up the bucket he'd been sitting on. "How are you doing anyway Asher?" He remembered that Asher was just like him with the whole not talking about stuff.

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:19 am

"Well, of course they are still stars, but like, are there more dwarf stars in your part of the universe? Compared to say the milky way galaxy, or do you have more or less binary stars? How many planets do you have in your system? How much eccentricity do they have" He asked then shrugged, yeah, he was curious now okay?

~~
Soon enough, she was lightly sleeping where she stood.

Starr came in the dining room with the bag and the two dragons inside. She went over to get some meat, giving Kay a smile when she saw him and Danika.

~~~
Skye nodded after a moment then smiled softly "Yeah, I guess so." She said then looked to the chicks "I should probably check on Moone though."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:10 am

Hewitt actually smiled and would explain in great depth the stellar system of his home world.

---

Kay picked Danika up, cradling her in his hand as she slept. He nodded to Starr.
How are the other two doing? he asked.

---

Amity smiled. "I can watch the saplings if you wish"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:00 am

flying_purple_monkfish wrote:Matt nodded. "Yeah, language is weird. I guess i'm lucky, I seem to be pretty quick to pick them up, same with Esk. But he's got that whole perfect memory thing." He shook his head. "Apparently it helps. " Hm, didn't the androids have perfect recall too? He always thought that had to suck, never being able to forget things. He picked up the bucket he'd been sitting on. "How are you doing anyway Asher?" He remembered that Asher was just like him with the whole not talking about stuff.
"Perfect recall does help," Asher agreed with a smile, "Pronunciation and grammar are still tricky though, you're lucky to be good at those parts of the language learning process." He looked amused, darn it, there went Matt asking about him again. "I'm doing pretty well currently," he said honestly, "The... suddenly having a boyfriend who's a father, is weird, but surprisingly not disastrous yet. And despite all the chaos we've been dealing with lately, my people are still closer to freedom than they've ever been." He smiled up at Matt again, so things are all right here."

~~
Ellie listened and tried to focus on blocking out Hewitt's thoughts. She couldn't! Argh, she'd have to talk to Kay about this.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:11 am

Shane smiled, walking with him as he talked. He actually liked hearing about all this

~~
Danika curled up in his hand when he picked her up, happy and loving being so close to him.

Starr smiled "They are well, playing together and growing a little. Tomorrow we can start them on fruits and vegetables." That might prove interesting. She came tot he table and took a seat, letting the two come out and eat from their plate "How's Danika doing?"

~~~
Skye looked to him then nodded "Thank you, you can ask Vestia to call us if you need any help" She said. Yeah, she was more worried about her sister than the sleeping chicks right now. If she thought about it too much, she would be surprised Shock and Acus didn't come to see the babies much, since they were the same species at least. She stood to go to the door
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:37 pm

Good, I think. She seems to enjoy making marks on paper, and popping bubbles. He indicated his tablet. And I think i'm getting better at understanding her. I've never really had to communicate abstract concepts telepathically, it's a bit... different. He shrugged. She's holding her wing better, and she has a voracious apatite. He smiled softly down at Danika. He still couldn't quite make eyecontact with Starr.

---

Hewitt was quite happy to lecture the star dragon on his area of expertise. He'd had a good 180 years of learning this stuff.

---

Amity nodded. "I will. Go, speak to Moone. I will stay with these three." His holographic projection switched off and the drone came to rest on a nearby table, camera pointing to the chicks. he'd watch them, and activate if they woke.

---

Matt laughed. "Well apparently i'm an excellent mimic." Which explained why he had a much less obvious accent than his brothers did. "Grammar is a jerk, but pronunciation just takes practice and immersion. You won't get much spoken Satare practice with Kay." He smiled. "I'm glad things are okay for you. You're not thinking of the little dragon as yours yet then? You're kinda.. almost her step dad right? " He still found this wierd. "Man... I can't believe i'm an uncle. And that Kay was the first one to have.. well.. adopt a kid. I mean damn. Totally wasn't prepared for that." He looked amused.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:52 pm

Asher looked amused. "Yeah, practicing Satare with Kay has its challenges. At least he's helpful with grammar, and I can watch videos to hear the language spoken." He smiled softly, almost looking a bit sad for a moment, "Danika imprinted on Kay and Starr, I don't think I can claim to be any sort of parent figure to her unless they decide I am."
"Congratulations on being an uncle," he said more happily again, "She's going to love you, I'm pretty sure."

~~
Ellie decided to sneak off to try and find Kay. She couldn't handle the bizarre feeling of hearing spoken words and thoughts at the same time. She waved at Shane and Hewitt.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:19 pm

Matt shook his head. "You're important to Kay, I can't see him excluding you from this." Poor Asher, Matt felt sorry for him. It must be hard when you felt like you weren't really properly involved in something this major. He smiled softly. "I love kids... I always liked the idea of being an uncle and having my own and all that. " He looked a bit sad. "Just.. not in this sort of environment. " He sighed and shook his head. "I have floors to mop. You uh.. take care okay? And trust me on this, there's no way Kay will exclude you from the whole dad thing. You mean way too much to him." He nodded sagely and picked up the mop that was propped against a wall. "Come on little bots!" he called, and the bots followed him single file like ducklings as he wandered off down the hall. "Talk later Asher!" He called back.

---

"Your companion seems to be having some sort of breakdown." Hewitt remarked to Shane.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:26 pm

"I guess we'll just have to see what happens," Asher said sensibly. "You take care too, and... have fun with the bots," he added with a smile. Matt and his robot pals were pretty cute.

~~
"It's cool, I'm just having this really surreal flow of your emotions and thoughts wandering through my head and I'm trying to block it out," Ellie said. "Nothing to worry about, carry on."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:32 pm

"I will!" Matt laughed and lead his weird little procession off and around a corner.

---

Hewitt snorted. "breakdown." He nodded decisively.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:34 pm

Starr chuckled softly and nodded "Might need to get her some crayons then, so she can use colors too." And they might be easier for her to handle. "These two like to play-fight more than sit still. I'm glad she has you and Asher to look after her, especially with her being...well, not as active as these two." She chuckled and shook her head a little then looked to her two again, smiling again when she saw them trying to climb over one another and stretching their wings out.

~~~
Shane looked to Ellie then nodded, yeah, he could understand the suddenly having powers and not knowing what to do with them "Kay or Starr should be able to help you with that Ellie. Or Flora if she's here yet."

~~~
Skye waved then headed out, going to her room to talk to Moone and hopefully help her not feel bad again.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:46 pm

Asher watched Matt go, smiling a bit. Matt certainly seemed to have found some good friends, even if they were nonsentient, nonsapient service bots. It was nice.
Once he was alone, he took a few moments to push all his own bittersweet and irrational thoughts aside, then he headed back toward the main deck.

~~
"I'm fine! Seriously. I'll go find Kay and ask him for advice," Ellie said. She scampered off, asking Vestia for directions to help her find Kay, then heading toward the dining room where Vestia said he was.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:01 pm

Kay watched the other two dragons. It's interesting how very different she is to them. Danika was so much more well.. placid and relaxed. He wondered if that was normal, hmm.
they're rather boisterous aren't they? He smiled.

He looked up as Ellie came in.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:11 pm

Starr looked up also and smiled at Ellie "Hey Ellie, how are you today?"
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:12 pm

Ellie was too distracted to let out any telepathic squees about how cute the dragons were. Instead, she was pretty distracted by the memory of Hewitt's thoughts in her head. "Uh hey guys, Kay? We have a plant dude on board and I hear his thoughts and it's freaky," she said.
Looking at the two, she belatedly realized she was probably interrupting them, "Uh sorry, didn't mean to interrupt you."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:38 pm

Starr shook her head a little "You aren't really" She said gently. Ellie needed help and she wasn't the sort to turn her away for that. "Telepathy isn't something that is easy to get used to, even just empathetic telepathy like the babies use." She said then looked to Kay "I can take all three for a bit if you want to try to help Ellie" She offered gently
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:59 pm

Kay hesitated, then nodded and handed Danika over.
He pulled his tablet over.
He hadn't met the plant guy yet, just the hologram. [You have for want of a better term, an empathic and possibly telepathic connection with plants right?]
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:03 pm

"Yeah," Ellie said, "With normal plants, it's just feelings, like 'find sunlight', or 'too cold', or 'Ellie', but this guy thinks in words. And I can hear them. Like, what the heck? And it doesn't seem to turn off."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:08 pm

Starr took Danika and got the other two in the bag, standing and going to the door "Good luck" She said, waving to them.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:43 pm

Kay nodded to Starr, but damnit, he already missed Danika's lovely warm projections. Now he kinda felt a bit... cold.
He gestured to Ellie sit down.
[Well if he's a plant person, it stands to reason his thoughts might be more complex than a regular plant. Sort of like the difference between non sentient animals, who believe me, don't think about anything interesting, and sentient creatures like you or me. ] He tilted his head. [Turning it off is a whole other matter entirely. I can't turn my telepathy off, but unless I concentrate it's just background noise. I'm used to it. You might just have to learn to tune it out.]
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:49 pm

Ellie sat down, looking at Kay worriedly. "You hear animals? That's gotta be weird. I mean, but then again, maybe it isn't cause it's probably a lot like how I hear plants..." she mused on that for a moment. "Yeah I guess I know how that is." More thinking. "I guess I'll have to learn to ignore it, but man, there's only one plant guy here, so I'd have to practice on him, which means taking his privacy away. Maybe i can just hide from him all the time until he leaves?" She knew that was unlikely, ugh.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:49 pm

Asher decided to go looking for Dawn. With recent developments being what they were, he thought it would be a good idea to talk to the Silver Devil's most competent medic.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:55 pm

Kay nodded. [It can be difficult, particularly if people think loudly. ] He smiled softly at her. Yep, she thought super loudly. [But you should only be skimming surface thoughts. If it works at all like regular telepathy.] He wasn't totally sure. [Perhaps working on training your powers isn't such a bad idea.]
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:58 pm

Dawn had ended up in her room, laying on her bed and resting for a bit.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:02 pm

Ellie snickered. Yeah, she was pretty sure she thought loudly. Sorry Kay! Out loud she said, "I have no idea how much I'm hearing, this hasn't ever happened before. I know I can hear him when he's being a racist jerk, but I dunno more than that." She could probably sense his health and maybe even heal him. That was a creepy thought. "I am so going to try and teach myself to not hear this. It's freaky."

~~
Asher followed Vestia's directions to Dawn's room, but hesitated at the door. Hmm, maybe he should wait and bother her later? She deserved time to be alone. After a moment he knocked on the door. He could always apologize and go away, right?
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:05 pm

Dawn startled awake and looked to the door "What? Who?" She asked, blinking then rubbing her eyes and sitting up "Come in?"
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 39 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 39  Next