Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Five

4 posters

Page 39 of 41 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41  Next

Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Five - Page 39 Empty Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Five

Post by Starrnico Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:26 am

First topic message reminder :

Starr shrugged and looked out the window again. "I don't know. I just want things to be normal."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Five - Page 39 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Five

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:23 pm

Kay smiled softly at Moriah's enthusiasm. [Until we know more about them, I think it's better to leave them be.] He tilted his head at Bess. He wasn't sure if he could answer their questions, but he'd try. [What is it?]

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Five - Page 39 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Five

Post by Kooshie Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:33 pm

Asher had had a look at some arran biology texts last night, so he kind of knew what to expect about what Amari looked like. Still, it was pretty interesting to see how all that worked in an actual living being. These guys were so very predatory looking, but thankfully Amari didn't seem to be acting like a predator, so that was nice.
"Okay," he said after looking at the scan to make sure the injuries all matched Kay's report, "Now I have to change your bandages, okay? This might hurt, but I'll try to be careful." He didn't know if Amari would understand, hopefully Marcus could translate if he didn't.

~~
"Moriah was talking to someone the other day, and she was told that you and Asher were... dating..." Bess said. She didn't look like she liked the idea of that much.

Moriah ducked her head. Yeah, she'd been gossiping with Ellie, or rather getting Ellie to tell her all the ship's gossip. Whoops?

Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:36 pm

Amari nodded, clearly understanding but seemed to either A not be able to speak common or refused to do so. Marcus would watch asher sorta like a protective father but knew the Android wouldn't harm his son. He took a seat on another bed flinching a little as he did so but said nothing as he watched the two interact.

Admin
Admin

https://vestiaswanderings.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:39 pm

Kay wasn't expecting that AT ALL. He looked extremely uncomfortable and looked down at his desk, chewing his lip. That disapproving look Bess had didn't help matters.
He hesitated, then nodded slowly. He didn't really know what to say.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:52 pm

Asher replaced all Amari's dressings and checked any other small cuts or injuries he might have. True to his word, he tried hard to be gentle, and didn't make any sudden moves. He also explained what he was doing, so Amari would know what to expect. Yeah, the whole feline thing Amari had done made him feel kinda protective of the guy.

~~

The two androids looked like they didn't know what to make of that.

"But... he's an android," Bess said, like that was a complete argument. "And you're not."

Moriah scuffed her foot uncertainly. she hadn't really expected Kay to confirm the rumor, and now she didn't know how to react.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:57 pm

Kay nodded. [No, i'm well aware of that. ] He looked awkward. [Believe me, if he was still subject to the laws there's no way i'd even consider it. But he's free and he's his own person. ] He managed a weak smile, looking somewhat wary. [I guess, to us, it's no weirder than any of the other interspecies relationships on this ship.] Well, it kinda was, he knew it was, but he did genuinely love Asher so tended to simply overlook the bizarreness of being with someone who wasn't made of flesh and blood. After all, he wasn't really what he appeared to be either.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:00 pm

While Amari did hiss once or twice in pain he didn't do anything aggressive, it was obvious he took a liking to the Android, and had 'mark' him.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:18 pm

Bess still looked like she kind of disapproved. It was pretty deeply ingrained in most androids to never show interest in an organic, much less to actually try and have a relationship with them. Even with the whole thing about the androids here being free here, it still felt pretty darn wrong.

Moriah thought it over for a bit. "I guess if he likes you and he's free, then there's nothing wrong with it, is there?" she said hesitantly.

Bess frowned.

Moriah looked shy.

~~
Asher finished treating Amari. He gave Amari a real smile when he was done. "Congratulations, you're one of the best patients I've treated since I've been on this ship," he joked. He looked at Marcus, "All right, are you ready for me to check you as well?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:21 pm

Kay cringed and nodded. He was pretty used to his relationships being something to be ashamed of and hidden to be honest, but it still sucked. [We're happy.] he managed.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:28 pm

Bess opened her mouth to say something, but Moriah saw that Kay looked really unhappy with this conversation, and put her hand on Bess' arm. "Come on, we have some rooms to paint, remember?" she said.

Bess nodded and headed for the door.

Moriah hung back. {Sorry,} she mouthed to Kay, {She'll adjust, really.} Moriah was willing to trust Kay's word and believe the two were happy, although she'd probably go find and interrogate Asher later.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:35 pm

Marcus nodded, "First time I seen him mark someone as friendly." He commented while waiting for asher to come check on his woulds.

While Asher went to go work on his father Amari did become thirsty, for that he did the most natural thing for him and dropped on all three using his tail to balance and would make his way to get water. For Asher this would probably be a very bizzare thing to see.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:35 pm

Kay nodded weakly. Well that was awkward. Once they were gone he exhaled deeply and dropped his head to rest it on his desk. Eugh...
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:50 pm

"Well I'm honored," Asher said as he worked, smiling. He couldn't help it, when people liked him, he usually ended up liking them too. He looked up at the sound of someone moving, and saw Amari making his uneven way to get water.
Whoa. In a way, he was almost reminded of Kay's true form. It was similarly strange and jarring to see, and completely didn't match how he expected a humanoid to move. Just... a humanoid didn't move that way.
Thankfully he was getting used to strange beings after being around Kay, as well as all the odd beings at the Guild, so he managed to not look too weirded out.
It was just another form. He'd have to get used to it.

~~
Moriah nudged Bess down the hall, waiting until they were out of Kay's earshot to talk. "I'm sure it's all fine. These people are nice here. Kay's nice. Asher's smart too, you saw him the other day in the meeting. He's not gotten himself in a bad situation."

Bess looked unconvinced.

"He's free, free people can fall in love with anyone they want," Moriah said earnestly. "I think that's wonderful."

"Just don't go falling for any organics yourself, okay?" Bess said firmly.

Moriah sighed, but nodded. "Okay."

They headed off to paint.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:11 pm

Marcus would do what Asher needed him to do as Amari stood up using his tail like a kangaroo to keep balance while getting a glass of water.

"Depending on how long this trip is would we have access to say a gym? While I'm use to small confinement I suspect Amari would go stir crazy in time."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:35 pm

Asher finished bandaging Marcus. "There, you're all bandaged up," he said. He considered the question, "Yes, I think that can be arranged. I'm not sure there's a gym on this floor, but at the very least, I'm sure we can arrange for you two to get a few hours a day to roam the halls on this floor."
Was he being to nice? Maybe. But these guys were good patients currently, and he appreciated that.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:53 pm

Starr answered her door then smiled at Ethan. "Hello again" She said softly.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:59 pm

Mourn went looking for food.

---

Kay went back to filing things, then decided to go speak to Sawna about the blood supply and how long they had to go before they could drop that pair off somewhere... anywhere.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:03 pm

He nodded, "Thank you, if you refused I would of understood." Marcus said truthfully watching his son 'walk' back to the bed, begrudgingly putting back the earphones to listen to his "lesson".

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:15 pm

Ethan smiled oddly at Starr. "Hello. I brought some books, in case you wanted any." He wasn't good at talking to people, so he relied on the 'I brought books' excuse when he wanted to see how Starr was doing.

~~
"I'm glad you understand, but I think it'll be good to give you some amount of freedom. Long term captivity isn't easy," Asher said. "Obviously there will be limitations to that, but I think we'll be able to arrange something."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:19 pm

Marcus nodded rolling his neck. "Amari does have better control since he isn't starving. Being as young as he is he hasn't hit full maturity yet so there still some things to learn." He chuckled ignoring the sour look his aon gave him. Oh yes Amari could understand common.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:59 pm

Asher nodded. "Life seems to be a lot easier when your aren't hungry," he agreed. "I'll leave you alone now, if you don't need anything else?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:51 pm

Kooshie wrote:Ethan smiled oddly at Starr. "Hello. I brought some books, in case you wanted any." He wasn't good at talking to people, so he relied on the 'I brought books' excuse when he wanted to see how Starr was doing.
flying_purple_monkfish wrote:Kay went back to filing things, then decided to go speak to Sawna about the blood supply and how long they had to go before they could drop that pair off somewhere... anywhere.
Starr smiled again and looked at the books, taking them gently and moving to her desk to look at them and to get some of the last group to give back to him. She was getting better, though she hadn't gotten back to her old self yet.

~~~
Sawna was in her cafe, checking over her pantry.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:04 pm

"Yes, I'll contact Vestia if we need assistance." Marcus said with a polite nod.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:20 pm

Ethan took the books Starr offered him. "Thanks. How are you liking being on Vestia again?" he asked curiously.

~~
"All right," Asher said. "I'll see you both tomorrow for your medical checkup, if not sooner." He looked over at Amari, "It was good to meet you." He couldn't help it, he liked the guy already.
He wheeled to the door, struggling a bit to get it open. Bah, dumb doors. They were such a nuisance when you were in a wheelchair.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:25 pm

Marcus would get up to help with the door as Amari clucked back, the sound almost like a cooing pigeon. Thankfully marcus translated for it, "He happy to meet you too."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:51 pm

"I am enjoying being back on Vestia again. She really is a wonderful ship." Starr replied softly.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:58 pm

"Thanks," Asher said gratefully as Marcus got the door. He left the two, and made his way back to the med bay.

~~
"Good." Ethan looked awkward. He was bad at conversations. "The others are acting less weird now, I hope?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 41 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41  Next