Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Four

3 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Four - Page 19 Empty Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Four

Post by Starrnico Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:03 am

First topic message reminder :

Dawn chuckled and shook her head a little "I don't need a party." She said softly, chuckling.

~~~
Skye looked to the door then came over to open it "Mourn? What's up?"
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Four - Page 19 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Four

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:23 am

Okay, tanks were kinda awesome Matt decided. All these buttons to push! He'd get a little TOO into this game.

---

Kay nodded. [Sensible as always.] he smiled weakly at Asher and put a hand on his shoulder, a subtle, small gesture of affection.

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Four - Page 19 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Four

Post by Kooshie Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:41 am

Ellie managed to smile at Matt's tank. You could destroy a lot of stuff with a tank. She got a big gun for herself, and shot things indescriminately.

~~
Asher looked up at Kay with a weary half smile. Yeah, the common sense was all an act. His mind was in a turmoil right now, no matter how logical he tried to be.

"Sawna's on her way with the notes," Vestia said helpfully.

Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:44 am

Helen offered a real smile to Vestia's cameras, glad to not have to leave the queen and to have a chance to be on a living ship. "Thank you."

Starr nodded and sat on her pillow bed, looking to how happy Helen was at the news then smiling a little too. "Yes, a friend and Shane's aunt. His mother's sister. Go on and find a room, I'm not going anywhere." She said and made a little shooing motion then laid down again.
~~~
Shane was glad he could make Matt smile even as he got a big gun for himself and armor for each of them before the game started. He would start killing things around them, letting off the anger he had at the situation too.
~~~
Sawna came to the medical room with her notes, knocking lightly on the door as she reached it.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:14 am

Kay moved away from Asher at the knock, nodding to Sawna. [Welcome back.] Though given the circumstances, he didnt' look overly glad.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:18 am

"I always like new guests," Vestia said. "Well, new guests who aren't jerks," she amended. She'd hated Todd. "You're Shane's aunt, huh? He must be happy to know someone from his family!" She turned her lights green at Starr's suggestion that Helen go find a room. "Okay, we'll get Helen a room. Just call if you want anything, I'm not going anywhere."

~~
Asher smiled a bit at the sight of Sawna, although he didn't look especially happy. "Hey Sawna, it's good to see you again. How have you been?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:57 am

Ethan sorted the library for a while, then headed for the Tiger to get the books he'd bought on the trip, then had a different idea and switched directions. He went to see if he could find Hewitt. He kind of missed the guy, weirdly enough.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:03 am

Hewitt was relaxing in his room, away from everyone because their stressing out was irritating him.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:04 am

Ethan considered the door to Hewitt's room for a couple seconds, then knocked.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:10 am

"Mmm?" Hewitt called in a disinterested tone. He was sitting on the bed with his legs folded, eyes closed, relaxing.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:12 am

"It's Ethan," Ethan said through the door. Having a twin who sounded exactly like you was so annoying this way, you had to announce your name when you were talking through doors.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:22 am

Sawna gave a sad smile to the pair and held out her notes "It isn't much, and she would need a real examination, but it's what I have taken note of." She said then shrugged as she looked to Asher. "I am well, we didn't have a long battle before we had to clear out of the hold."

~~~
Helen nodded and turned to leave the room, letting Starr rest as she wanted. "Shane and I have had a lot of time to catch up now that we have been reunited, though I had to tell him of his mother's death. It has been good to see him again."

Starr nodded "Thanks Vestia, I will" She said softly.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:34 am

"That must have been hard," Vestia told Helen sympathetically. "At least he knows more about his past now, I'm sure he's glad for that." She led Helen to a room not far from Starr's. "Have a look in this room and see if you like it," she said, "You can rearrange the furniture however you like, too."

~~
"I'm glad you're all right, it must have been tiring to be on such a small ship," Asher said to Sawna. He let Kay take the notes first. "You haven't done a blood test yet, it sounds like?" He supposed slavers would probably try to make sure the father was disease free, but it was important to know if Starr had been accidentally infected with something. Ugh.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:42 am

Kay read over the notes carefully, his expression one of grim professionalism.
He nodded to Asher. [I'm not certain how eager she'll be for invasive tests, but she will need a full exam. Just to be certain they have done no further damage and that the.. ] He hesitated, it was hard to write. [the birth so to speak, has not done her any damage.] He winced. Sure dragons and egg laying species were less prone to complications but that didn't mean there wasn't the potential there right? [Above all, we need to be certain she is comfortable and she and the eggs are safe.]

---

Hewitt opened his eyes. "Come in then, don't dawdle"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:45 am

Ethan opened the door and went into Hewitt's room. "I'm surprised you're still here," he said, "I thought you might leave us and go back to your people, so you could argue with them about Amity."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:51 am

Hewitt shrugged. "I considered it, but it meant finding another ride and staying in that place longer while it was arranged." He shook his head, smirking. "Besides, i'm in no hurry to finish my vacation and this ship is substantially more interesting than the last cruise. If they want Amity, they can come and get him." He snickered, looking rather pleased with himself.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:55 am

Ethan smiled oddly. "Well it wouldn't be the same here without your complaining, so maybe that's for the best." He sat down in a chair. "What have you been doing since we've been gone? I saw that Mourn must have fixed Amity."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:57 am

Helen went in the room and looked around then chuckled softly "Well, the only change I would make would be the bed, us dragons do like our pillow beds. It's more like a nest, but far more comfortable than a real nest."
~~~
Sawna shook her head at that "No, I did not do any blood tests and she seemed to have the eggs easily enough, though she only kept the one viable one with her. She did something to the others, sent them away." She shook her head a little "We didn't have a lab or a real medical room for any tests, just what I could feel when she let me heal the sugar overdose. I think part of why she is staying abed is withdrawal, if sugar is truly like alcohol to them, it could be addictive. Or it could just be depression, I am uncertain."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:00 pm

Hewitt nodded. "Yes he had a go anyway, managed to cobble something somewhat functional together. " He didn't look overly impressed. "Best that can be expected from a felid engineer I suppose." He waved a hand dismissively. "I my android friend, have been enjoying my vacation. Your duplicate has been humiliating himself and his entire race by losing repeatedly at chess." He laughed.

---

Kay frowned. [Could be a bit of both. Unfortunately there's no real cure for either, it just needs to run its course.] Hmm, they really did need a therapist on board didn't they?

---
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:07 pm

"I noticed Starr prefers a pillow bed, it makes sense that would be comfortable," Vestia said. "I'll send you some more pillows so you can make yourself one. Do you want the bed taken out too?"

~~
Asher frowned. This was all so horrible to think about, but they had to discuss it. He forced down his emotions as best he could, and nodded. "Given the situation, I'd expect both the withdrawal and depression could be playing a part, although of course I haven't spoken to Starr myself yet. We'll have to try and talk to her, and possibly suggest that Dawn can give her the exam if she prefers." He sighed. "We need a therapist on this ship. Sadly, it isn't easy to acquire one, as far as I know."

~~
"At least you have Amity so we won't have to worry about you," Ethan said. He snorted, "He's bad at chess? I thought androids were supposed to be good at that."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:17 pm

"Yes, please. I wouldn't want to make a hole in the water mattress by accident" Helen said with a soft chuckle.
~~~~
Sawna nodded then sighed "I have talked to her and tried to get her to talk, but she has more interest in reading the books Ethan gave her than in talking right now."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:45 pm

Hewitt laughed. "Oh he's better than Amity, but Amity IS terrible. He doesn't understand the finer points of the game at all. " He looked smug. "Asher tries, but Aketi are very very good at games of logic." He eyed Ethan suspiciously. "You worry about me hmm?" he looked amused.

--

Kay nodded. [when she wants to talk she will.] Or she'd never talk about it, he wasn't about to judge that option, it was his preferred one for his own problems after all.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:50 pm

"Well, a species that can beat androids at chess. That's new. I don't worry about you, I was talking about 'we' in the sense of 'the other people on this ship'," Ethan said, maybe too hastily.

~~
"Yes, we can't push her if she doesn't want to," Asher agreed. He'd never wanted to talk about his problems after the anti robot attack, he got why someone might prefer to keep their thoughts to themselves.

~~
Vestia chuckled and sent a robot for pillows. She'd need to ask someone from the crew to move the bed though, hmm.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:57 pm

Hewitt didn't look like he believed Ethan, he just chuckled. "oh yes, of course."

---

Kay took a deep breath. [so how do we do this? How long do we leave her?]

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:58 pm

Sawna nodded then sighed softly "Yes, I know" She agreed then shook her head "Well, the medical side is in your hands now. I think I will go to check out my shop."
~~~
Helen noticed the lapse then tilted her head a little "I can move it, if you have someone to show me where, and where to put the water." She offered.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:03 pm

"All right. Thank you, Sawna," Asher said gratefully. He looked to Kay, "I suppose we'd better go see her. She's okay with that, right, Vestia?"

"She says you can visit, yes," Vestia said.

"We can just go talk to her," Asher said to Kay, "not bring any medical stuff for now. We can ask her what she'll be okay with, and go from there."

~~
Ethan looked disgruntled. "I don't worry about people." That was a total lie though, he'd worried about Starr just fine.

~~
"If you can empty it in the bathtub, that would work fine," Vestia said. "Thanks, Helen."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:10 pm

Helen smiled and went to the mattress to pick it up and take it to the tub to empty it in there. It wasn't difficult at all with her magic to help.

~~
Sawna dipped her head tot hem then headed for her shop to check it out and make sure it hadn't gotten messed up in her absence. Yes, think about something she could fix instead of something she had no control over, if it even needed fixing.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:36 pm

Hewitt chuckled. "Of course, that would be unseemly"

---

Amity greeted Sawna cheerfully. "Good afternoon Sawna, how are you today?"
The hologram was still acting up, flicking and distorting.

---

Kay nodded and took only his tablet. He nodded his head to Sawna in thanks and led the way to Starr's room then.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next