Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Satare Empire - Melanoc Lunar Colony

4 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Satare Empire - Melanoc Lunar Colony - Page 3 Empty Satare Empire - Melanoc Lunar Colony

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:58 am

First topic message reminder :

One of the central lunar colonies orbiting the vast, water world Satare.

A farming colony, what isn't walled farmland is dense forest and woodland.
There are 12 moons in the sky, though not all are visible at any one time and the enormous blue ball that is the planet.

Don't go out after dark, there are monsters in the woods.

Satare Empire - Melanoc Lunar Colony - Page 3 Waypoint_inn___interior_by_kyan-daful88

Last edited by flying_purple_monkfish on Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Satare Empire - Melanoc Lunar Colony - Page 3 Empty Re: Satare Empire - Melanoc Lunar Colony

Post by Starrnico Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:38 pm

"Sleep upstairs?" Vela asked, looking up at the (to her) tall ceilings then back to Bianca. "Web said stay down here for now."

Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Satare Empire - Melanoc Lunar Colony - Page 3 Empty Re: Satare Empire - Melanoc Lunar Colony

Post by Kooshie Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:47 pm

"Maybe there's a cupboard I can use," the rat said thoughtfully. She trundled around the room to check for suitable cabinets.

Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:55 pm

Vela walked with her, curious as to what a rat liked. Curiosity was natural to dragons. "You sleep in cabinet?"
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:56 pm

"I could," Bianca said. "It would be dark, and I could put things in it." She sniffed at the ground as she walked. "Do you sleep in cabinets?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:02 pm

Web worked hard bringing things in but it was pretty clear he wasn't much accustomed to hard work any more. He'd spent many years in politics, not doing work like this.

He panted a little as he came back in, wiping his brow and setting down the last few bits and pieces.
"That's everything I think... " He looked around. "Where's the other one?" Yeah he couldn't remember names okay?

--

Upstairs the beds all needed making.

One of the rooms seemed less lived in than the others, there was very little furniture and no obvious marks on the walls where furniture once stood.

The largest of the rooms had three beds, drawers and there were even some comics stuffed under one of the mattresses. They weren't dirty, they were just action comics featuring seriously buff soldiers fighting monsterous aliens.
They looked pretty well read.

There was a magazine under one of the other beds, stories? there weren't many pictures, just a lot of writing in the runic script of the Imperium.

The other big room only had one bed, but it was a double bed. Whoever had cleared the house hadn't seemed to want to rummage around in here much. There were still clothes in the wardrobe, musty dusty clothes but clothes.

The other two rooms were much smaller, single beds. One had very little left, just the furniture and otherwise totally empty, but the other there were scraps of paper and pencils and various writing implements stuffed in various places, bottoms of drawers, the back of the wardrobe, someone had doodled on the peeling plaster walls too. Child's drawings of animals, figures, trees and plants. Looked like someone had spent a lot of time here, bored.
There was also a small pile of exercise books piled neatly on top of the drawers.

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:15 pm

"We sleep in the incubator on on pillow-bed with mom if she isn't busy" Vela answered and curiously sniffed around too.

Danika raised her head and looked to Web then motioned towards the kitchen with her nose "Bianca-rat and Vela went that way, Moone went to take stuff to the bedrooms to help." She replied.

~~
Moone could guess that the art room was Esk's...yes she had seen him doodling a lot. The one no one had messed with, she left alone too. That was likely the mom's room and she didn't think Web would want them messing with it at all, so she left the door closed on that one. The room with all the beds was where she started, making sure there was no dust in the beds then making them up for whoever decided to sleep in there. Next would be Esk's room, where either Web or Thalia could stay. The dragons would be happy with pillows for a bed and she herself only needed one, and preferred pillows also, but would use what they had. Hey, at least it wasn't a waterbed.

She figured she and the dragons could take one room, Web one of the rooms and Thalia the last small room, then she wouldn't have to be alone and no one would have to touch the mom's room.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:18 pm

"That sounds nice," Bianca said. She found the kitchen--well, she didn't know it was the kitchen because she couldn't see far enough, but it was--and started seeing if she could nose open any cabinets. "Ooh, this is promising."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:20 pm

Vela looked up then around and back to Bianca "This kitchen, you get woke up when people come to make food"
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:23 pm

Web nodded. "Okay uh.. you stay here, watch Thalia okay? " He glanced upstairs, then to the kitchen.
Arghh, too many kids, not enough of him.
Was Vela okay with a rat?
Damnit Thalia, wake up already. He desperately needed another adult here.

He went toward the kitchen, walking carefully because dragons and rats were small. "You guys okay?"

--

Starr had dusted things with magic or something, so everything was ready to go.
Which was nice.

---

The kitchen cupboards weren't hard to open, they weren't very heavy. Not that there was any food in there right now, it was all sitting on the countertop in bags and boxes. Web hadn't gotten around to sorting the kitchen out yet.

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:24 pm

"Then I can get food from them more easily," Bianca said, pleased. "This is good." She jumped at the sound of Web coming in, and dove under the nearest bit of shelter she could find. "I didn't do it!"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:27 pm

Vela startled when Bianca hid like that then looked to Web and nodded "We good, we find Bianca sleeping place. She likes cabinet."

~~~
Danika got up and went over to Thalia, sitting on the arm of the couch she was on to watch her.

Kerr stayed at the window, staring at the goats and the outside.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:23 am

"uh.. .okay?" Web was just bewildered. "Just... be careful okay? I'll be back in a bit. Uh... maybe sleep behind the bar?" You know, away from the food? He indicated. "There's cupboards."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:17 am

Bianca looked out at Web, who looked like a tall dark blur to her from here. Whew, not trying to attack her. "I'll find something good. Don't worry."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:32 am

Web nodded. "Alright, just... warn me okay? We sometimes get mice, I don't want to hurt you by mistake." Okay it was weird talking to a rat.
He left them to it and called up the stairs to Moone. "You need any help?"
He hefted up the bags of clothing, one was Thalia's and the other was probably Moone's but he had no idea which was which.
He took them up.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:53 am

Vela tilted her head at 'bar' there didn't seem to be metal pipes around, though she followed where he pointed, leading Bianca over to the other cabinets so she could look at them.

Moone heard Web and came out of one of the small rooms then over to help him by taking her bag. "Just in figuring out who gets which room. I can share with the dragons, that'll let you and Thalia have your own rooms." She said, indicting the open doors
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:02 am

Bianca headed after Vela, who seemed more knowledgeable than she was about where bars were, and had better eyesight to boot. At the bar she found a nice cupboard to use, and even found an old dish towel inside. Yay, blankets. She set to work making a bed for herself.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:08 am

Vela watched her curiously for a bit then looked around the bar, finding some decorative corner to climb up so she could see the top. Hm, so this is what a bar was? It looked like a cabinet with stuff on it to her.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:02 pm

Web nodded. "Thalia can have Jess' room." He nodded toward the middle single room. "I'll take the guest room." yeah he wasn't overly comfortable sleeping in Esk's old room okay?
He held up the bags. "I don't know which one is which, sorry."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:09 pm

Dawn chuckled softly and took her bag "This one is mine. I think I got all the beds made up that we are using, though the dragons sleep on pillows, so they can be in any room
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:49 pm

Web nodded to Moone. "Alright." He put the other bag into the room he'd identified as Jess'.

"It's strange being back here, and without my brothers..." He mused aloud. He looked worried, yes, the thought that he might never see his siblings again had occured to him and it was something he'd been trying so hard not to consider.
He shook his head.

"I should try to wake Thalia, and sort out the kitchen... I don't suppose you can cook?" Maybe Thalia could, because man, cooking for people who needed vegetables was going to be a challenge for him.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:53 pm

Moone nodded and went to put her bag in whichever room was going to be hers and the dragon babies then came back to him "Yeah, I can cook, we learned from when we were old enough to stand at the table to help stir." She said, smiling and hoping the image made him smile too. She didn't like him being sad like that though it was more so she wouldn't have to think about being away or Skye getting hurt. Brave face. "I don't know how long Thalia's sedative will last, but maybe we should just leave her alone until she wakes naturally?" Angry mamma keeper was not a fun thought.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:09 pm

Web shook his head. "not a clue, this is well outside my usual area of expertise." He smiled weakly. "Olin tried to teach us to cook, but it's a bit difficult when you can't eat so many things without stomach pain. Also she was fiercely territorial of the kitchen." He managed a soft laugh. "Probably because the only reason we were ever in there was to steal food from the larder. She'd chase us out brandishing pots or spoons or anything else. "
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:26 pm

Moone giggled at the image that brought and shook her head "Our parents depended on our help, even in the kitchen. What can you eat? I don't want to make something that would make you sick or anything."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:38 pm

"Meat." Web told her. "Usually raw. Don't worry about me, i'll find something. Kevali can go quite a few days without food and I did somewhat gorge myself back on your ship. I'll be fine. Come on, let's go make sure the others are okay." Yeah he was a bit worried leaving the babies in the care of a rat.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:41 pm

Moone nodded and followed him back down to the others, smiling a little at seeing Danica still staring at Thalia on the couch and Kerr still at the window with his front feet on the glass.
Vela was still on the bar, watching Bianca and looking around curiously
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:44 pm

Bianca was busily turning her dishtowel into a nice bed. Hopefully nobody was attached to that dishtowel, because it was getting chewed up. Oh dear.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:54 pm

"You all okay?" Web asked, looking around. He went to check Thalia was okay. She was still sleeping soundly.

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next