Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upon Vestia: Chapter Seventeen

4 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Seventeen - Page 30 Empty Upon Vestia: Chapter Seventeen

Post by Kooshie Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:45 pm

First topic message reminder :

Kay always tried so hard to be sensible and pragmatic. Asher had always loved that about him, and he loved it just as much now. He smiled softly. "No, you're definitely not alone in this."
He wasn't going to leave Kay to look after this little dragon alone. He'd gotten the guy into this situation, so now it was his job to do everything he could to help. Did that make him the other father here? Maybe. This was thoroughly confusing and he was going to need to think it over at some point. "If it wasn't already obvious, I'm here for you. Both of you," he said.

~~
Tala snorted weakly. "I do not like that butterfly well." She let Shane help her.

Last edited by Kooshie on Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Seventeen - Page 30 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Seventeen

Post by Starrnico Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:03 pm

Starr nodded and sighed "I know, but it will likely hurt her chances of flying with the others." She said softly, petting her two babies to keep them calm. "I know that you don't want to harm her."

Danika crooned softly, wanting to be held now that her wing was resettled.

Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Seventeen - Page 30 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Seventeen

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:08 pm

Kay picked Danika up and petted her.

He nodded to Starr I know, she's healing well but she needs time to recover to get used to the idea of that wing being usable. Baby Star Dragons appear to be extremely resilient, but we can't rush her. We'll do all we can to encourage her to exercise that wing, if she ends up a little delayed then so be it.

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:30 pm

Starr nodded again and smiled a little. "Yeah, probably should keep her away from water for today." She said then sighed and came over to pet Danika. "You two find that oil and keep her from getting cracked scales."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:45 pm

[Alright, are you sure you'll be alright with the other two alone?] Kay pulled his tablet over to write, still cradling Danika in one hand.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:50 pm

Starr nodded and smiled at him. "I can handle these two well enough."

Danika was holding onto his thumb again, curled up as well as she could get around it
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:53 pm

Kay smiled at Danika and nodded again. [Alright.] He was pretty sure if she did end up needing help someone would be willing to help. There were always people around.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:13 pm

flying_purple_monkfish wrote:"Eventually yes. " Amity looked to James and looked a bit bewildered. "Why are you apologizing?"
"It's a way people here express their condolences," Ethan said, "yeah, it's weird."

James rolled his eyes.

"You have to admit it sounds like you're guilty of something," Ethan pointed out.

"True. I guess it does sound messed up," James agreed after a moment. "Anyway, what I meant was that it stinks what happened."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:17 pm

Asher did his best to follow Kay and Starr's conversation. Thankfully he could get a lot just by listening to Starr, so he had a good idea what was going on. He smiled at Starr, "I'm sure you can ask Ellie to help. She'd be delighted to," he said, remembering how excited she'd been that morning.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:20 pm

Amity looked bewildered, then shrugged. "Well I am certain it will be a PR nightmare for the company, but thankfully that is not my department. Once the professor is collected I can power down."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:21 pm

Starr nodded and headed for the door after grabbing her bag. "Do we leave the books here to study as needed?" She asked when she reached the door
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:24 pm

[We should probably put them somewhere safe in case someone decides to take them. What about your room Asher? ] Nobody ever went in there after all and he had plenty of space to store a pile of books.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:25 pm

"You're just gonna go to sleep? That sounds so--" James shook his head, "Right, not sentient. This is really disorienting!"

Ethan looked amused.

~~
"All right, that sounds like a good idea," Asher said. "I'll return the books we don't want or need as soon as possible too." Because he so didn't want anyone reading that slaver guide, ugh.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:29 pm

Amity smiled. "When I am not needed I power down and recharge, it's far more efficient than wandering around aimlessly. "

---

Kay nodded and stood up. [Need help carrying the books?] He coaxed Danika to climb back into his pocket where she was safe and warm.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:31 pm

Starr nodded again then chuckled "Or just ask Vestia to not let anyone take the ones we are going to keep for a while so we have them" She said then shrugged. Yeah, she didn't want to disturb Asher or be in his room without him there when she wanted to read more.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:33 pm

[We could leave them with you if you'd prefer Starr?] Kay suggested.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:36 pm

"Yeah, I guess so," James nodded. It did make sense, so why was this so confusing? He powered down at night all the time.

~~
Asher smiled softly. "Do whatever works best for your studying purposes."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:37 pm

"You seem troubled, do you need anything?" Amity asked James kindly.

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:38 pm

Danika was slow to climb back into his pocket, but she did before long, settling in there again

Starr shrugged again. "We could, though that would make you have to come to my room to study with them." She knew he wanted to study them and would be shy about coming to her room, especially at night if he thought she was sleeping. Hm. "Maybe an unused bedroom so any of us can go in and read whenever?"
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:42 pm

James shook his head. "I'm fine, it's just, I'm a robot, you're a robot, but it's like we're not speaking the same language."

~~
"An unused bedroom might work well for all of us," Asher agreed. "None of us will feel rude for going there to study."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:44 pm

Kay nodded. [Alright.]

---

Amity blinked. "Galactic common?"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:48 pm

James opened his mouth, closed his mouth, then shook his head. "Yes, we're speaking the same language. It's a figure of speech, it means that I completely don't understand you at all."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:51 pm

Starr nodded and chuckled. "Yes, an unused room near all of us, then any of us can study without feeling like we are barging in or interrupting the others."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:58 pm

Amity smiled. "I am sorry to hear that." He didn't look very sorry. "Is there anything I can do to help?"

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:06 pm

James shook his head. "It's not you, it's me. I just need to get used to you."

~~
Asher went to start collecting the books to take to the new room they were going to claim.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:09 pm

Amity smiled softly. "I've heard that before" He chuckled. "Don't worry, i'm not programmed to be able to take offense at anything you might say or do."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:16 pm

James smiled. "I guess you wouldn't be. It's weird, when I was younger i was kind of like you, only I didn't do snarky conversation or say much other than yes sir and no sir. I didn't get offended or have strong opinions though, kinda like you. But I was pretty different from that by the time I was ten. It's funny how different we are."

Ethan was pretending to read his book, but it was pretty obvious he was actually listening in because he was almost smiling and he kept glancing up at the two.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:21 pm

Starr nodded and headed for her room to give her two a bath. She would trust Asher to find a good place that she could find later on. Her two were getting active now.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next