Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upon Vestia: Chapter Ten

5 posters

Page 4 of 39 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21 ... 39  Next

Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Ten - Page 4 Empty Upon Vestia: Chapter Ten

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:03 pm

First topic message reminder :

Matt pulled him into a tight hug. "it's okay..." He sounded more like he was trying to reassure himself.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Ten - Page 4 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Ten

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:07 am

Kay nodded. That actually sounded pretty reasonable. [My brother will vouch for me being sick if anyone asks. He's pretty good at diversions.] He looked slightly awkward at her mention of Asher, she knew didn't she? damnit. Well, at least Starr wouldn't tell anyone else.
[We should remove this bracelet as soon as possible really, just in case it proves more difficult than expected. I would suggest making that our first priority upon reaching the brig, if I need to I can always shift into this form again to help set things up. It's just rather exhausting to do so. That said, more exhaustion means less energy for the wolf as well.] He shrugged. He was relieved to hear there was going to be a party, that would serve as a brilliant distraction. It also meant everyone would be in one place, which should the worst happen, made them more able to barricade themselves in safely.

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:25 am

Starr nodded and looked to the bracelet "Want me to go ahead and take it off now?" She asked gently

Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:32 am

Kay looked unsure. Was he really ready for that level of pain? [How were you intending to remove it?]
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:45 am

Asher wanted to tell them not to remove the bracelet yet, because it would raise lots of questions, but he stayed quiet. Darn it, this was frustrating!
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:57 pm

"Magic" Starr said then shrugged "If you can just stay in your room then no one would see you to ask questions." She said gently. "If Magic doesn't work, then I do have all my jewelry supplies to cut it off with."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:00 pm

[I would still have to get from here to the brig without being seen. ] He frowned. [I think I would like a chance to shower and dress and prepare myself beforehand. I still have a lot to arrange and it'll be substantially easier if i'm not trying to focus on maintaining a useful form at the same time.]
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:01 pm

"Alright" Starr said and smiled "I'll bring the tools to the brig when I come there then."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:03 pm

Kay nodded. [Thank you. I will see you in the few hours then.] He looked a little worried, but he waved and closed the door again, relieved at least that it was only Starr and not someone more annoying.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:05 pm

Starr nodded and went to make an appearance and eat before they would have to have the party that evening
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:09 pm

Asher reappeared from his hiding place in the bathroom once he heard the door close. "I don't know why I didn't expect that to happen," he told Kay with a quiet laugh.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:11 pm

Kay breathed a sigh of relief. Besides, it was true, he really did need to grab a shower and get dressed into something he didn't care about ruining. Not to mention pack a change of clothes for morning. So much to do, eugh.
He smiled to Asher and nodded.
[Not the first time i've had to hide someone in my room.] He smirked. [Her timing could have been far far worse.]
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:27 pm

"That's very true," Asher agreed. Yeah, that could have been a lot more awkward. "Should I leave you to finish whatever preparations you need to do? It sounded like she wanted me to go to the cell with you later."
He didn't know what Kay had said to Starr, but he had to take care of a few things of his own, such as personal hygiene, probably dealing with Vestia's snark, and also picking up a few metal cutting tools as well as the tranquilizers, in case Starr's bracelet removal methods failed.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:31 pm

Kay nodded. [I need to get a few things together. I can meet you in the med lab once we're both.. well.. decent.] He flushed a little.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:35 pm

"Sounds good. See you then," Asher said, smiling affectionately. He picked up the lunch tray to take back to the galley. No need to leave that for Kay to deal with, after all.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:41 pm

Kay nodded, smiling back.
Once Asher was gone he would go have a long lovely hot shower, and change into something old that could be shredded. Usually he'd just strip off to save his clothes but he didn't much want to be naked in front of Starr, more than necessary it was a bit too weird.
He also made the bed because military habits died hard.

He folded up a change of clothes and found a small bag to carry things in. People would ask about a bag sure, but they'd ask about clothes more.

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:18 pm

Asher would take the tray to the galley, then return to his room to clean up. He was just preparing to leave to pick up supplies from the shuttle bay, when a voice said from overhead, "Ahem."

Asher trotted over to his room's covered camera, and pulled off the cover so he could smile innocently at the ship. "Yes, Vestia?"

The camera tilted to look at him, its gaze almost baleful. "You vandalized me again."

"It was for the greater good," he protested; then winced. Bad word choice, when you had a history like his. "You must understand the importance of privacy," he amended.

"Normal people cover my cameras and say 'good enough'," Vestia grumbled.

"Usually because they don't know how to disconnect the audio feeds, I'd guess."

"Yes, well that doesn't make what you're doing acceptable," she said firmly. "How would you feel, if someone decided to rip out your wiring because your configuration didn't suit them? Would you be happy, or would you be hurt because someone was modifying you against your will to suit their own needs? Despite my joking, I don't take some weird pleasure in hearing people having sex, and I do my best to ignore it. But I really do object to you damaging me, and I want you to stop."

That hit close to home, which had probably been Vestia's intention. Asher ducked his head, then looked at her guiltily. "You're right, it is wrong for me to be damaging you. I'll stop."

"Good." Vestia paused, then sighed and continued, "Look, I know people need privacy. If you want to install an on/off switch for my cameras, I'll let you do that in a few rooms. Just no more yanking wires, okay?"

Asher nodded. That seemed fair. "Thank you, Vestia."

"You're welcome, Asher." She snickered, "And congratulations."

"Oh, hush." The android gave her an amused look, then went to collect the cutting tools from the shuttle bay, before heading to the med bay to meet up with Kay.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:32 pm

Kay paced the medical room, the closer it got to sunset the more anxious he became. He couldn't help but fiddle with the bracelet around his wrist, but he looked up when Asher returned and forced an anxious smile.

Immediately he dropped into triage mode, his way of coping when things got too stressful. [The sedatives we have are not overly strong, they may knock me out for an hour or so, or just make me extremely groggy for several hours. I suggest the maximum safe dosage and a lot of hope. ] He nodded and gathered up the last of the painkillers and tranquilizers they would need.

[You can throw everything in the bag, I figure a bag is a lot easier to explain than various tools and medical supplies. Hopefully everyone will already be gathering for the party.]
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:36 pm

Asher nodded and put everything into the bag. He looked at it for a few moments, then decided he might as well carry it, and picked it up. "Ready to go?" he asked.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:39 pm

Kay took a deep breath, and nodded. He took the lead, moving with silent determination and hoping like hell they wouldn't run into anyone on the way.

--

Meanwhile,

Armin had heard news of a party and went where Vestia guided him to see if they needed any help setting up.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:41 pm

Shane was up there, getting the stuff set out to make decorations. He looked to Armin when he came in and smiled "Hi again"
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:43 pm

Armin bowed his head. "Happy Solstice." He told him. "Do you need any help?"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:45 pm

Asher followed Kay quietly, guessing he didn't feel like talking right now. Thankfully their path was clear, and they would make it to the teleporter, and then to the brig, without incident.

~~
Ellie waved at the sight of Armin. "Hey, buddy! How you doing? Sure you can help! Wanna put up some tinsel with us?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:50 pm

"Certainly." Armin came over to help with the tinsel. "I hear tell there will be fireworks on the beach come sunset, coupled with the full moon it should be spectacular." He gazed up at the glass ceiling in awe. What a venue.

---

Mourn and the hawk girls would return to the ship, Mourn had taken his gun back once Skye had exhausted herself shooting the log. He'd have to see if he could find her a weapon of her own, though he'd cautioned her you couldn't always rely on firearms alone.

---

Once they reached the brig Kay looked around and couldn't help but shudder. This wasn't going to be pleasant, not at all. He tapped the bars of the cells and chewed his lip.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:56 pm

Matt would totally convince Thalia they should go to a party, it was solstice! And he didn't want to be cooped up in a room on solstice, it was way too depressing. You were supposed to gather together, be social, wait till dawn.
Besides, distractions were good. He pretty much dragged Thalia up to the venue and was suitably impressed when he entered. "Look at the view!"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:58 pm

"Good thing there aren't any werewolves here," Ellie said cheerfully. "Man, that view of the fireworks will be incredible. And no mosquitoes!"

~~
Asher looked at the cells thoughtfully. They were certainly sturdy, built to withstand the stresses of minotaurs and acid dragons, at least for a while. Hopefully that would be sufficient.
"Should we start trying to remove the bracelet, or do you want to wait for Starr?" he asked.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:00 pm

Thaila held this annoyed look as he mumbled something about sleep, he briefly looked around before zeroing in on the couch, drug himself to it and collasped to doze.

Admin
Admin

https://vestiaswanderings.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:02 pm

Matt flinched at mention of werewolves. Thalia would probably get a pretty massive wave of projected anxiety from just that one word.

"Fireworks? Awesome.."

"Oh yes if there is one thing they do well out here, it is fireworks." Armin remarked.

---

[No sense waiting now.] Kay came over, watching Asher worriedly as he held out his hand. He wasn't looking forward to this, at all.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 39 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21 ... 39  Next