Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER THIRTY ONE

3 posters

Page 27 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER THIRTY ONE - Page 27 Empty Re: UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER THIRTY ONE

Post by Kooshie Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

Asher considered his words for a few seconds, glancing around the room as he thought, then looked to Kay again. "I've been thinking over everything that's happened today, and I feel like it would be wrong for me to leave Terra before the androids have been granted their freedom," he said. "I think it might be in the best interests of the children and the androids if I stay on Terra while Vestia goes on to the Imperium." He wished he could have phrased it better, but he just didn't know how. Ugh.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER THIRTY ONE - Page 27 Empty Re: UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER THIRTY ONE

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:57 pm

Kay stopped pacing, looking to the door. This meant it was time didn't it? He bit his lip. [So, you're ready?]

---

Matt wheeled along with Shane and Ellie. "sensible Shane, full of great ideas as always." He laughed. "We'll get food and drinks and everyone can eat and drink till they puke!" He paused "okay, maybe not puke.. that's gross."

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:03 pm

"Just need to get my backpack, and then I guess it'll be time to go," Asher said. "I'm not sure I'm ready, but then, I'm not sure I ever would. be." Yeah, he was pretty scared. Not even his relentless optimism could prepare him for this.

~~
"I like the way Shane thinks," Ellie agreed brightly. "Not so much the way you think though Matt, puking is sooooo grosssssss." She laughed.

Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:11 pm

Shane chuckled too and shook his head "Yeah, that's not good to think of, bt it does happen."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:32 pm

Kay nodded, then came over and hugged Asher tightly, burying his head in the android's shoulder.

---

Matt cackled "right? And then i'd have to clean up! EW"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:41 pm

"Oh good point, we could make you clean up afterwards," Ellie told Matt. "Right Shane? Leave the work for him." It was clear she was just teasing though.

~~
Asher hugged Kay tightly. There wasn't much else he could do, really. He didn't have any words he could say to make this better.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:02 pm

Matt made a face at Ellie. "yeah sure, make the cripple mop the floors."
Actually, he'd been doing pretty well at physio and Kay thought he'd be able to try to walk a few steps soon to build up muscle strength. Whoo. He'd be glad to be out of this damn chair.

----

Kay stayed like that for a while before finally pulling away and looking appologetic. Yeah this wasn't helping was it? He took a deep breath. [I'll walk you to the shuttle bay.]
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:55 pm

"Aww, I don't mean it like that," Ellie said. "I only make the janitor mop the floors." She nodded.

~~
Asher let Kay go, looking unhappy. "Yes, I suppose we should head over there." He certainly didn't sound enthusiastic, but time was ticking away and he didn't want to delay Vestia's departure.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:02 pm

Shane shook his head as he followed them quietly.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:01 pm

Kay forced a smile. [We'll send messages, regularly.] It was about the only way he was going to manage this. Damn, he'd become so codependant.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:12 pm

"I'll try to write to you every day," Asher said. "And I'll come back as soon as I can. Starr's lending us her shuttle and Nova has her magic, so we have options." He was trying his hardest to be positive and reassuring for Kay, but this was hard for him too. "Look forward to lots of probably rather dumb messages about boring meetings and Terran architecture in the mean time."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:17 pm

Kay nodded, he liked the idea of boring messages, they meant things were okay. [I'll try not to do all the paperwork while you're gone.] He wrote, attempting humour to make himself feel better. It didn't really work.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:28 pm

Asher smiled a little. Humor was worth a try at least, even if nothing seemed especially funny right now. "I can bring back more paperwork, so don't worry about that," he said. He'd used the same joke before heading off to Mars, but he might as well use it again since he wasn't thinking of anything better right now.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:13 am

Kay nodded. He didn't know what else to say really, none of this was easy.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:15 am

Asher sighed. He wasn't much good at acting cheerful about leaving. "I guess we should get my backpack and then head to the shuttle bay," he said.

~~
James was heading down to the shuttle bay, he might find Ellie and Matt and Shane as they headed there too.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:08 am

Kay nodded again. He wondered how many people would come to say goodbye, certainly he doubted they'd get anything resembling a private farewell. This was it.

---

A few people had showed up to say bye to Asher and Nova.

Mourn had turned up, frustrated by his coding and taking a break to say goodbye to "robot".

Esk was lurking, leaning against a wall and picking his nails with a knife while he waited. He'd never admit it of course, but he didn't actively dislike Asher. The guy was actually pretty useful, and terrible taste in partners aside, relatively level headed.

Armin had managed to leave his room especially, carrying only one of his tanks to save on weight.

Swarm was also 'about', at least some of them were.

and Matt led Ellie and Shane down to the shuttle bay whether they wanted to come or not. HAH.

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:46 am

Asher led the way to his room to get that backpack, which he picked up and slung over his shoulder. He was about to lead the way out of his room again, but then paused, realizing this was the last chance at a private goodbye they were going to get.
"I love you so much," he said quietly. "I'm going to miss you while I'm here on this messed up planet."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:43 am

Shane was happy enough to go to say goodbye to the two, they were friends after all.

Starr was saying bye to Nova and some of the other dragons were there to say bye as well.

Skye came down, though she stayed back from the others. She would be there for Asher, but she didn't want to be in the way.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:23 pm

Kay nodded. [Be careful.] He knew he was repeating himself, he didn't care. [I'm going to miss you so much.] He pulled Asher into one last hug, not quite willing to let him go.

---

Mourn waved to Skye. "We get small hawk girl soon yes?"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:34 pm

Almost all the androids on Vestia would head to the shuttle bay. Even Tobias and Bess who had their doubts about freedom and still hadn't asked Mourn to free them went along, they all knew how desperately androids needed to be protected.

Ethan didn't go, he was busy brooding about Hewitt and changing the displays on the bookshelves in the library.

Tala went though, she figured she might as well.

~~
Asher hugged Kay back, also reluctant to let go. "Thank you for letting me do this. I mean, I don't want to, but still, thank you." He added, "Send me a picture of you and Danika, okay?" Yeah, he was kind of stalling at this point, it was hard to force himself to leave Kay, when he knew how much hostility and fear he'd see when he left this ship.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:02 pm

Kay nodded, looking up at Asher but still not actually letting him go fully. He gazed into Asher's eyes for a minute or two before relucantly pulling away to write [I hope they see sense. ] He really honestly did, for Asher's sake as well as all the other androids. Mostly for Asher though.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:15 pm

"I hope so too." Asher sighed. "We should head to the shuttle bay," he added reluctantly.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:40 pm

Kay exhaled deeply, kissing Asher on the cheek before pulling properly away from him. Asher was right, it was time to go. He could feel his stomach knot just thinking about it.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:48 pm

Asher smiled sadly at Kay, paused to kiss him as well, then would lead the way to the shuttle bay before he could find any more excuses to delay the inevitable.
Although his mind was going to search for excuses during the entire walk to the shuttle bay, no doubt about it.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:56 pm

Kay kept pace with Asher, clutching his tablet tightly to his chest and looking anxious and worried.

His mind kept leaping to the absolute worst possible outcomes.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:09 pm

They'd reach the shuttle bay. A lot of the people had probably already arrived.

Asher looked around a little nervously. Well, this was a larger turnout than he'd expected. Umm.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:17 pm

Skye nodded and smiled at Mourn, glad to see him out of his room for once. "Yes, we will."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:34 pm

Mourn grinned at Skye "Then we fly again yes?"

Matt waved to Asher. "you gotta hurry back okay?"

Kay tensed. While it was heartening to see so many people here, yeah, it was kinda... stressful.

Armin bowed his head. "May the weaver smile upon your endevour my friend." He told Asher quietly. "and bring you both home with haste."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next