Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Two

3 posters

Page 1 of 39 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next

Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Two Empty Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Two

Post by Kooshie Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:05 pm

James went into Armin's room. "Hey man, watcha working on?" he asked, seeing that Armin was sewing.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Two Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Two

Post by Starrnico Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:14 pm

Kooshie wrote:"There must be something like them here," Ethan said. "Something different maybe, but it just seems like there can't be nothing." He sighed. "It doesn't matter though. I should stop bothering you."

~~
James watched Kay go, then headed off to Armin's room and knocked on the door. "Hey man, mind a visitor?"

~~
Mourn got quite a few reporters who were satisfied by his response, and decided to look into the mystery of who had originally written the androids' code. Many also decided to approach various computer science experts to audit Mourn's update, as well as possibly attempt to inspect the entirety of the code of the androids themselves.
A lot of others kept trying to ask invasive questions, because of course they did.

Another anonymous message showed up. It said only, [Good work on the letter. We made a good team.]

The politicians Mourn messaged responded with a variety of carefully worded and mostly neutral responses saying that they were looking into the situation carefully, and that there were a lot of people involved in handling this. A few politicians who were known for not really having a filter gave him much clearer responses though, thanking him for reaching out to them, and assuring him that they thought the evidence against MegaBrain was pretty damning. One went so far as to refer to the androids as rightful citizens of the Terran Empire, and said he was disgusted by how slow the Empire was in reaching a decision. He promised to do everything he could to make them hurry up and do the right thing.

MegaBrainTech kept sending cease and desists periodically. They also would probably try to get the sites he’d posted on to take down his posts and files. Hopefully Mourn had chosen sites that wouldn’t comply with those requests.

The other major manufacturers made statements that they couldn’t speak for MegaBrainTech’s practices, but that they themselves only sold non-sentient androids, and would never participate in such unspeakable cruelty.
"You are not a bother, but if anything like my people exists here, it is in a different form than me." Sawna replied.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:16 pm

If Sawna said Ethan wasn't a bother, well, he guessed he could believe her then. He wasn't a big fan of second-guessing people, it got complicated. "Maybe they have a different sort of vampire here. Or a shapeshifter species." Hmm.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:18 pm

Starr took the names, sending messages of encouragement to them and other messages asking the ones who were not enthusiastic why they believed an enslaved people were not alive.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:19 pm

Kooshie wrote:If Sawna said Ethan wasn't a bother, well, he guessed he could believe her then. He wasn't a big fan of second-guessing people, it got complicated. "Maybe they have a different sort of vampire here. Or a shapeshifter species." Hmm.
"So far as I can tell, they have a blood drinking race here, but they are not the same as us Carpathians." Sawna replied with a shrug.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:32 pm

Starr would get grateful replies from the politicians who supported the robot rights movement, and would probably ask her for any opinions and information she had if she mentioned that she was acquainted with androids.
The unenthusiastic politicians seemed to have pretty much all agreed to release absolutely no information or opinions, and just continued to give their annoyingly neutral non-responses. Jerks.

~~
"I guess even Terra has those vampire bats, so vampirism might not be unique to species like yours," Ethan said thoughtfully. "Unless you're somehow linked to vampire bats... probably not."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:18 pm

Starr let them know she had gone so far as to adopt an android as her son because she saw him as a person in his own right. That she had willingly given him his freedom to do as he wished with his life. Of course her security was mostly in that she was using her queen name and not the name she used here. To her they were people, ones shackled by a set of laws they couldn't break on their own, but now could be broken to free them from slavery. The Terrans had created life itself, an accomplishment in it's own right, they just had to finish and do the right thing by freeing them from their 'chains'.

~~~
Sawna chuckled and shrugged "I don't think so. As far as we know we were created to be our world's protectors as well as being creatures of night."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:25 pm

The politicians, well, the more activist ones, were fascinated by Starr's story. They'd probably ask her lots of questions about who she was and how she'd decided to adopt a robot. Someone, or a few of them, might suggest that she should share her story with the press.

~~
"Who created you?" Ethan asked with a frown. He wasn't a big fan of creators, although he knew not all of them were horrible people.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:56 am

Armin smiled to James and bowed his head. "I was finishing some toys for the children." He told him, holding up the mostly finished one in his hand. It was a beautiful shimmering silk dragon.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:45 am

"Aius is our god of the moon, and our creator." Sawna replied then chuckled softly. "You likely wouldn't have heard of him, since he does not travel."

~~~
Starr thought about that then sighed softly and wrote what answers she could without giving away any secrets as a single post to send to the activist politicians and to some of the other forums to add her voice to them.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:24 am

James went over to join Armin, admiring the silk dragon. "I love the way it shimmers in the light," he said. "Did you weave the silk for it?"

~~
"No, I definitely haven't heard of him," Ethan said, shaking his head. "Have your people actually met Aius? Where I come from, slaves have a few minor gods, but I've never heard of them doing more than leaving a bit of extra food or some clothes." And he wasn't sure those stories were even true.

~~
Yeah, Starr would probably get a ton more questions, but she could probably safely ignore them. Certainly the information she provided would be added to the endless news reports, and people would be fascinated by the idea of someone who had adopted an android. It would keep people talking and thinking, and that was always good.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:28 pm

Armin chuckled lightly "oh no, I can't weave silk as fine as this. I had some remnants left though, Berit is a master weaver... it seemed wrong to waste it." He looked admiringly at the fabric himself, looking a little wistful. He missed his sister a bit.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:46 pm

"Yeah, that fabric is way too pretty to put to waste," James agreed, smiling softly. "The kids are going to love these toys you're making. Although to be fair, I think everyone is going to think they're amazing." He was always impressed by the things Armin made, it was clear that the guy put a lot of care and inspiration into his work.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:08 pm

Armin smiled broadly. "thank you my friend, you flatter me." He bowed his head and set the dragon toy down on a small side table. "Are you well my friend? "
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:34 pm

"Just saying the truth, man," James said, putting his hand gently on Armin's shoulder. He was still a little cautious of Armin's exoskeleton, even now the guy had pretty much healed up. "I'm fine. It's been a little hectic lately but hey, could be worse, right?" He smiled.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:52 pm

Kooshie wrote:"No, I definitely haven't heard of him," Ethan said, shaking his head. "Have your people actually met Aius? Where I come from, slaves have a few minor gods, but I've never heard of them doing more than leaving a bit of extra food or some clothes." And he wasn't sure those stories were even true.

~~
Yeah, Starr would probably get a ton more questions, but she could probably safely ignore them. Certainly the information she provided would be added to the endless news reports, and people would be fascinated by the idea of someone who had adopted an android. It would keep people talking and thinking, and that was always good.
"No, he is little more than a story to us to help teach the young to behave and take care of our world. I have met the gods of others since I left home, but I never met Aius." Sawna said with a shrug.

~~~
Starr was content to not answer personal questions either about herself or Asher, not even his name and only with her queen name used for the 'power' such a name brought with it. Even without an empire to run. She would keep an eye on things, make sure her posts didn't get hacked or changed, but that was about all she would say, repeating what she had to but not adding anything in.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:02 pm

Ethan nodded. "that makes sense. It seems like a lot of the gods prefer to stay quiet, and maybe that's for the best. You've met gods though?" Interesting.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:43 am

Armin smiled at James, nodding. "Have faith my friend, things will work out in the end." He sincerely believed that.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:16 am

"Yeah man, I'm sure they will," James said, although he wasn't at all as certain of it as Armin seemed to be. He shook his head, deciding that he didn't want to drag Armin into his stress and angst. "I like what you did with your hair by the way. Who'd you get to style it for you?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:34 pm

Armin beamed, reaching up to brush a strand from his many eyes. "My thanks. Miss Starr summoned two hairdressers from the Star Dragons on board, I believe they may be looking into opening their own business. It was a novel experience I have to admit." he chuckled, yeah, a tiny quadrapedal dragon trying to cut the hair of a large spider taur was... interesting to all involved. "They did a very good job, soon I will be able to dye it as well."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:53 pm

"Those star dragons are so great, man. Not sure what we'd do without them and their talents, I guess they've learned a lot since they've lived so long," James said. "What color are you thinking of doing this time? Same color as before, or something different?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:18 pm

Armin looked thoughtful. "I have not decided yet. There are many very attractive shades and colours after all." He smiled. "Do you have a favourite colour?" he asked conversationally.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:55 pm

"Oh man, well I always liked green, which may or may not be because of my eye color," James said with a laugh. "What sort of colors do you like?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:07 pm

Kooshie wrote:Ethan nodded. "that makes sense. It seems like a lot of the gods prefer to stay quiet, and maybe that's for the best. You've met gods though?" Interesting.
"Some, at least they call themselves gods." Sawna said and shrugged a little. "Power isn't the only thing to count as a god to me."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:27 am

"Good point. I don't think being powerful is the only criteria for godhood," Ethan said thoughtfully. "I'm not sure what the criteria would be, but I think it's probably more complex than that. If there are gods at all, which I'm not fully convinced there are." He'd never really seen what he considered to be evidence of actual gods, but he was open to the idea that they might exist.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 39 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next