Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER THIRTY ONE

3 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER THIRTY ONE - Page 40 Empty Re: UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER THIRTY ONE

Post by Kooshie Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

Asher considered his words for a few seconds, glancing around the room as he thought, then looked to Kay again. "I've been thinking over everything that's happened today, and I feel like it would be wrong for me to leave Terra before the androids have been granted their freedom," he said. "I think it might be in the best interests of the children and the androids if I stay on Terra while Vestia goes on to the Imperium." He wished he could have phrased it better, but he just didn't know how. Ugh.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER THIRTY ONE - Page 40 Empty Re: UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER THIRTY ONE

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:38 pm

Kay looked down at his tablet. Eugh. [I'm going to go for a walk.] He decided. He couldn't stand just sitting here.

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:53 pm

"I'll uh, go visit Armin then. Unless you want company," James said uncertainly. He should probably be spending more time with Armin anyway, the guy was so sociable, and James knew he got lonely.

Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:07 pm

Kay shook his head. [Go see Armin, he could do with company i'm sure.]
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:19 pm

"Okay. See ya later man," James said, smiling weakly.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:59 pm

Kooshie wrote:"If we can avoid meeting Terrans, that's fine with me," Ethan said. He wasn't a big fan of Terrans, nope. "Do you suppose there's a planet in this universe where Carpathia is in the other universe?" he asked curiously.
Sawna shrugged uncertainly. "I guess so, but I don't know. My people don't seem to exist in this universe."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:02 pm

flying_purple_monkfish wrote:
Mourn grinned. "good, I post yes? Robot be happy." He nodded. "terrans get proof, more proof. " He rolled his eye, because those leaked videos weren't enough huh?
He posted the message up on the biggest forum and social media sites and waited to see if it would go viral.
Starr nodded then watched to keep track of it on her tablet curiously.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:22 pm

Kay nodded to James and went to go wander aimlessly, to try to clear his head or all this worry and fretting.
It probably wouldn't work.

----

Armin was sedately sewing in his room, making toys again, in anticipation of the children's return.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:55 pm

"There must be something like them here," Ethan said. "Something different maybe, but it just seems like there can't be nothing." He sighed. "It doesn't matter though. I should stop bothering you."

~~
James watched Kay go, then headed off to Armin's room and knocked on the door. "Hey man, mind a visitor?"

~~
Mourn got quite a few reporters who were satisfied by his response, and decided to look into the mystery of who had originally written the androids' code. Many also decided to approach various computer science experts to audit Mourn's update, as well as possibly attempt to inspect the entirety of the code of the androids themselves.
A lot of others kept trying to ask invasive questions, because of course they did.

Another anonymous message showed up. It said only, [Good work on the letter. We made a good team.]

The politicians Mourn messaged responded with a variety of carefully worded and mostly neutral responses saying that they were looking into the situation carefully, and that there were a lot of people involved in handling this. A few politicians who were known for not really having a filter gave him much clearer responses though, thanking him for reaching out to them, and assuring him that they thought the evidence against MegaBrain was pretty damning. One went so far as to refer to the androids as rightful citizens of the Terran Empire, and said he was disgusted by how slow the Empire was in reaching a decision. He promised to do everything he could to make them hurry up and do the right thing.

MegaBrainTech kept sending cease and desists periodically. They also would probably try to get the sites he’d posted on to take down his posts and files. Hopefully Mourn had chosen sites that wouldn’t comply with those requests.

The other major manufacturers made statements that they couldn’t speak for MegaBrainTech’s practices, but that they themselves only sold non-sentient androids, and would never participate in such unspeakable cruelty.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:25 pm

Mourn eventually just ignored the invasive questions, he wasn't going to talk about himself, especially not a past he preferred to keep locked away in his own mind.

Mourn took note of the names of those sympathetic, especially the enthusiastic one and gave them to Starr. Maybe they'd be useful.

He'd also repost his original message and links on EVERY forum and social media platform he could find, hosting the links on various different servers just in case one or more was taken down. Oh Megabrain could try to stop him, but he intended to always be a step ahead.
he kept deleting their messages and eventually blocked them.

He added a bit more though [Are these companies SURE their androids aren't sentient?] and happy he'd sown a few more seeds of chaos, went back to working on the terran united code.

---

Armin looked up. "Come in my friend!" he called.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40