Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER THIRTY ONE

3 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER THIRTY ONE - Page 7 Empty Re: UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER THIRTY ONE

Post by Kooshie Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

Asher considered his words for a few seconds, glancing around the room as he thought, then looked to Kay again. "I've been thinking over everything that's happened today, and I feel like it would be wrong for me to leave Terra before the androids have been granted their freedom," he said. "I think it might be in the best interests of the children and the androids if I stay on Terra while Vestia goes on to the Imperium." He wished he could have phrased it better, but he just didn't know how. Ugh.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER THIRTY ONE - Page 7 Empty Re: UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER THIRTY ONE

Post by Kooshie Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:58 pm

Asher got some clothes out of the dresser, some basic repair tools off a shelf, and various other useful items from around the room. He even added his badge into the pile, just to make sure it didn't get left behind. It really didn't take all that long to pack, he didn't have that many possessions to begin with, much less ones that needed to be brought along.
"Thank you," he told Kay when they'd finished packing. "I suppose I'll probably think of a couple more things to add later, but for now, I think we're good." Thankfully. Kay did not look happy right now.

Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:57 pm

Kay studied the badge thoughtfully, turning it over in his hand a few times before adding it to the bag, stowing it carefully in a little internal pocket so it wouldn't get lost at the bottom. He nodded to Asher, looking over at him. [what now then?] He asked.

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:25 pm

Asher considered the question. "All I know for sure is, we can't go into the city," he said after a moment. He half-smiled, yeah, that would just be asking for trouble. "We could find a board game, or read a book, or go wander the ship," he added, figuring he should probably offer a couple of suggestions at least.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:07 pm

Kay considered their options. He wasn't sure what he wanted to do. At length he wrote [Will you read to me?] Asher's dramatic readings were simultaneously hilarious and endearing. There was something very special about being read to by someone you loved, they could cuddle up and just enjoy one another's company for a while, forget about morning. Or so he hoped.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:25 pm

Asher smiled softly at that. He liked reading to people, it was something he found very relaxing. And also loved Kay's silent laugh, not that he thought Kay would ever want to hear him say as much. "Yes, that sounds like fun," he said. "Have any specific book in mind?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:04 pm

Shane just reached for his beer, taking another drink from the bottle and letting the others talk. He nodded when Matt asked if Celia was the computer.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:44 pm

"Don't you feel more official now, being Guests Ackermann and Jenkins?" Ellie asked brightly. "I feel more official."

Celia nodded in agreement with Shane. "Yes, I was the mainframe computer. Now I'm... an android, I guess."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:41 am

"Are we guests though if we work here?" Matt asked. He looked back to Celia. "That must be a bit weird for you. Are things bad back at HQ?" Things must be bad if she was here right? things had to be bad? Damn.

---

Kay shook his head. [I have no preference.] He just wanted to listen to Asher's voice.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:21 am

(Gahhh why is Forumotion being so bad today? I totally lost the first version of this darned post)

"We're totally guests!" Ellie said brightly. "Vestia is like, our host. Or wait, maybe we're like, worker ants. Symbiotic organisms. Something."

Celia nodded at Matt's question. "It is weird, but it's better than being dead at least. I did my best to protect the androids there, but some of them aren't going to make it, once our creators figure out I was trying to free them and ship them to safety, and there's not much that can be done about that." She looked tired. It hurt, but she knew better than anyone that androids were disposable to her creators, and she'd kind of gotten used to it.

Ellie frowned, she was tired of this depressing conversation.

~~
Asher nodded, and headed over to the couch he'd set up in his room at some point, indicating Kay should join him. "How about something with chivalrous knights? I have some good fantasy stories on my tablet," he said. Resisting the urge to check his messages would be hard, but at least they wouldn't have to go to the library and risk an uncomfortable meeting with Ethan.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:38 am

(yeah it went down for ages right?)

Matt looked down at the table, yeah that was depressing. "I guess.. it's better than everyone having their minds and personality taken away thought right? " Better dead than a slave after all.
He still genuinely believed that.
He sighed. "We should do something that's not depressing." he declared. "Who wants to go I dunno, muck about on the holodeck or something?" Yes, distractions, he was a big fan of those.

---

Kay came and sat down. [Alright.] He was dimly aware of what knights were, they seemed to show up in terran literature a lot for some reason.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:25 am

(Yeah! And it's still sloooow, omg)

Celia nodded. "Probably better than having their personalities stripped away. I'd guess that's a matter of perspective though."

"Yeah, let's do something on the holodeck!" Ellie said hastily, relieved by Matt's suggestion.

~~
Asher would find a properly melodramatic and pulpy adventure featuring some knights, a McGuffin, and a lord of evil who wanted to take over the land for no good reason. At first Asher would have a hard time getting into the story, thinking about the real world as much as he was, but the story was dumb and escapist enough to pull him in, and before long he was having to stifle the occasional laugh.
He felt guilty for not checking his messages, but he figured Kay deserved some undivided time with him. Asher wasn't the only person running this campaign, after all. The other people could handle it for a bit.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:09 am

Kay curled up, tucking his feet under himself and leaning into Asher as he read. He was gonna miss this.
It was only a few months though, then they'd all be together again right?

---

Matt nodded to Celia. "Definitely." He forced a grin at Ellie. "yes, who wants to come do stupid crap on the holodeck to forget our troubles and the troubles of our friends?"

---

Esk went to find Dawn, because she deserved to be prewarned about her coworkers crappy mood for the next few months. Yep, that was definitely the ONLY reason.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:16 pm

Asher cuddled up against Kay and read to him for several chapters, enjoying this fleeting bit of time they had together. He'd have to pause a few times to check on the robot situation in order to keep his worries from building up too much, but mostly he managed to focus. It was clear that he was making an effort to be here for Kay while he could.

He'd take a break from reading after a few chapters, not to check the news, just because. He looked at Kay fondly, adding onto his memory files, even though his memory was photographic and he didn't technically need to.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:56 pm

Kay smiled sadly up at him, not moving from the position he'd adopted, leaning heavily against Asher.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:13 pm

Asher managed a small smile back. "You're going to have to tell me how many fingers Danika decided her humanoid shape should have," he said after a while. "Whether she decided to listen to our lecture about blending in or not." She'd been a couple hours old at the time, Asher guessed Danika didn't even remember her dads joking about that. Still, it was something he'd wondered about from time to time.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:19 pm

Kay's smile looked a little more genuine this time. [It's going to be strange to see her again, in another form. I'm not used to other people changing, just me.] Now he knew how everyone else felt when he changed forms huh?
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:37 pm

"Yes, that's going to be odd," Asher agreed. "People shapeshifting can be a... uniquely startling experience. I still haven't gotten over that time you turned into a cat," he confided, looking amused. "But I'm sure the family reunion will be wonderful, even if it is a little confusing at first."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:41 pm

Kay lifted his head, shifting his weight so he was no longer leaning on Asher. He looked glum. [It won't be quite the same without you.] He admitted. Adding hastily [It'll only be a couple of months though right? I'm sure she misses you.]
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:52 pm

"I wish I could be there too," Asher said softly. "In the mean time, you and Danika can get to know each other again, and then I'll join you in a couple months when this is over and we can have another reunion. It's not ideal, but it's going to be okay." He had to believe that it would be okay, this would be so much harder if he didn't.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:04 pm

Kay tried not to look too worried, he nodded. [We'll throw you a party.]
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:17 pm

"Well, maybe a small party," Asher said. The idea of people throwing a party for him was kind of unnerving, if sweet. "Then again, parties around here seem to only come in two sizes: big, and huge. So that might be difficult." He smiled softly.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:22 pm

Kay smiled. [Of course. I don't much like parties remember?] Still, it was something to do, to plan and look forward to. It made it seem like Asher wasn't going away forever and ever, which realistically he wasn't, but Kay couldn't help but fret and worry. He wasn't good at not being utterly codependent apparently. Too many people he cared about had met horrible ends, then again, they met horrible ends BECAUSE of him, so maybe Asher was safer away from him.
There was a thought.
Dang.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:33 pm

Asher smiled, yeah, Kay really wasn't any more fond of crowds than he was. Maybe less fond of them, come to think of it. He saw Kay's expression change though, and the smile fell. "Kay, I'm going to be safe. It's only going to be a few months, maybe less if we're lucky. I even have a bodyguard now," he said, trying to be reassuring. "I'll be back and avoiding parties with you in no time."
Yeah, he wasn't the best at guessing what Kay was worrying about.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:37 pm

Kay nodded slowly. [I know, by all logic I know but.. I worry alright?] He averted his gaze, he didn't want to go into all this. [Can we just enjoy this time? please?]
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:45 pm

"Yeah." Asher sighed. He really wanted to make all Kay's worries just go away, but the sensible part of him knew that wasn't how it worked. Kay was going to worry because he cared, and there was nothing Asher could do about it except attempt to temporarily distract him. He tried to smile. "Want to read some more, or do something else?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:48 pm

Kay nodded [Keep reading?] He snuggled into Asher again, just wanting to be close to him.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:53 pm

Asher nodded. "Sounds good to me." Better than worrying about the future, definitely. He put his arm around Kay, and switched on the tablet again with his free hand.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next