Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

4 posters

Page 35 of 39 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

Go down

UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX - Page 35 Empty UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

Post by Kooshie Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

Ethan nodded. "I guess that makes sense. Do they execute the ruler, or do they have to keep them alive?" He probably had too many questions.

~~
"Oh, I know that feeling," Vestia said sympathetically. She watched Amari snooze. Aww.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX - Page 35 Empty Re: UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:25 pm

Ivor looked bemused. "you don't look like soldiers."

"Safe here?" Silence asked.

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX - Page 35 Empty Re: UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

Post by Kooshie Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:26 pm

"He sounds like an awful person," Asher said softly. "Slaver markers? You mean the piercings?" He had guessed Amari hadn't been the one who decided to get his ears and nose pierced, but still, it was unpleasant to hear that confirmed. Poor kid.

Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:31 pm

Marcus nodded, "Ears are for identification the nose and collar bones are for leading." He paused and pulled his shirt down to show rhe scarring for the collar bone piercing. "It can be removed, but there a chance of damaging the bone structure." He was speaking of experience. "I'll leave money to help with his care and to be used to aquire him a new prosthetic leg.."

Admin
Admin

https://vestiaswanderings.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:36 pm

Asher shivered. "That's horrible. You think Amari will be reluctant to have them removed?" He nodded, "Thank you. We'll certainly be trying to get him a new prosthetic as soon as possible, we may be able to build one, but it's possible we'll need to hire an expert for the best results."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:37 pm

"Possible, I honestly cannot say. I mean I haven't gotten him to wear a shirt so..." Marcus sighed with a shrug.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:40 pm

flying_purple_monkfish wrote:Esk continued playing checkers with Dawn. He wasn't very good, or maybe he just wasn't overly interested. Either way, she'd probably win easily.

---

Silence tilted her head. Nope all seemed dumb to her.

"We don't have gods..." Ivor shook his head. "it's supposed to make things simpler." He smiled weakly. "you aren't still at war are you?" Now there was a sudden concern.
Kooshie wrote:"No, we aren't still at war. We kicked the asses of the bad guys, and now they're all dead or in prison," James said. Well, except for one keeper, but he didn't think they needed to mention that. "You should have seen Skye, she was like an angel of death dropping from the heavens on those monsters. And I was awesome too, I had a huge gun."

~~
Asher couldn't read the information of course, he'd have Vestia scan it in later. He took the data chips. "Thank you. We'll study all this information carefully. Do you think it's likely that Amari's old owner will try to find him again? We intend to keep him safe on Vestia, but we are a rather visible target if this monster might intend to cause trouble."
Eventually the game would end, and Dawn did win, though she only barely did. neither of them had been trying hard to win after all.
~~~
Skye flushed and dipped her head at Jame's description. "We all did our part to end the threat to all those innocents." She looked to Silence then shrugged "We aren't normal soldiers, no formal training or anything, but yes, it's safe now." For now.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:42 pm

Asher smiled slightly. "I guess it'll be a gradual process to get him acclimated to freedom, and to shirts. Should be interesting." He supposed it might be a good idea to get some clothes custom-made by Armin for Amari. Custom clothes would be more comfortable for Amari, since he had such an unusual body shape.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:47 pm

Marcus nodded, "Need anything else?" He would asked, Marcus would seem subdued for once.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:00 pm

"I can't think of anything else right now," Asher said. He looked more serious again at Marcus' expression, "Marcus, I can't imagine how hard this must be for you. I know you just want Amari to be safe and happy, and believe me, I'm going to do my very best to make that happen. We both know how horrible slavery is, the sadistic things it does to the minds of the people who experience it, and that Amari has a long path ahead of him to recover from what he's been through. But I'm going to do my best to help him, and hopefully someday he'll understand what you've done to help him as well. I'm sorry I can't promise you more than that."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:02 pm

Esk cleared the board away. "Less bored?" He asked flatly.

---

"good." Silence remarked. She headed across the hall to her own room without goodbye.

Ivor bowed his head. "I'm glad... I... the man.. he.. he wouldn't have sent us here if it was dangerous right?"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:14 pm

He nodded, "I know you will... I lost my empathy long ago when I sole my soul and chose to lie to myself that what I was doing was for the greater good." Marcus weakly chuckled.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:21 pm

James smiled. "Yeah, Hytar wouldn't have wanted to send you anywhere dangerous. And we are very good at protecting ourselves, really. You're pretty safe here." He blinked as Silence left. Huh. That was abrupt.

~~
Asher frowned, and shook his head. "People can make bad mistakes in the name of the greater good. I've made mistakes too, which were, in hindsight, truly monstrous. It doesn't mean you don't have empathy, it just means you made a mistake and you need to keep trying to do the right thing. There are people wiser than us we can turn to for advice, and sometimes we need their help until we can see what's right for ourselves."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:22 pm

Dawn chuckled softly and nodded "Yeah, less bored." She said and settled back again, looking to the time.

~~~
Skye nodded and shrugged "I doubt it." She said, watching as Silence left. She didn't know the guy after all.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:11 pm

Marcus nodded, "Indeed but there are some sins that can't be forgiven."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:34 pm

"That's true. It doesn't mean you shouldn't try to to change though," Asher said. He remembered Kay lying on the floor, looking at him in fear and disbelief, as he fired that sixth bullet at him. Yeah, what he'd done that day wasn't something he'd ever forgive himself for, and it wasn't something he'd ever ask Kay to forgive. He could only try to never make such a mistake again. "Even if you can't be forgiven, trying to do what's right is the most important thing you can do."
He sighed. "Thank you for your time, Marcus. I might be back later, but I'll stop bothering you for now."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:55 pm

He softly chuckled, nodding. "Indeed... The person, Naltash... he would be one to not forgive but he cam teach Amari Arran culture if you feel like that needed. I been personally banned from his steak house for my choices." He mused.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:06 pm

Asher blinked. "Steak house? Can your species even eat steak?" He nodded. "Good, I'll contact him if I need any advice on arran biology."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:10 pm

"We can, but we don't derive nutrition from it. It more enjoying the flavor then anything else." He explained sheepishly.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:15 pm

"Oh, I see. That does make sense." Asher smiled slightly, then headed for the door. "I think I'd better see Amari now, find out how he's taking this."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:32 pm

Marcus stood and open the door. "Alright, thank you asher..."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:52 pm

"Thank you for all the information, Marcus," Asher replied. He headed out the door, going to Amari's room to knock on Amari's door. "Amari? It's Asher."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:03 pm

Marcus nodded before closing the door.

It would take a few moments before the door would open; asher would see amari scamper back to his bed which he had turn in his panic state into a nest like perch. He burrowed under the blanket to where only his face could be seen. "Y-yes...?"

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:26 pm

"Are you okay?" Asher asked gently, watching Amari with concern. "What happened?" He kind of knew of course, Marcus had just told Amari he was free and staying here which was pretty scary for the kid, after all, but maybe it'd be good to hear it in Amari's words.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:29 pm

"H-he lyimg yes? I-I Can't be free?" Amari whimpered, pretty much confirming Asher suspension. "C-can't be feee... d-don't know how to be free." He squeaked.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:33 pm

Asher wheeled a bit closer, although he kept some distance so Amari wouldn't feel cornered. "Nobody's going to force you to be free if you aren't ready for that," he said, keeping his tone calm and reassuring. "If you're ever ready, I'll help you to learn how to be free. I'm here to help you, okay? You're safe."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:37 pm

He nodded, though stayed coiled in the sheets with a slight wince. "P-promis...? N-not trick?"

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:41 pm

"I promise. I'm not going to force you to be free if that's something that scares you so much," Asher said. "Someday I'd love to see you be free, but it's okay if you're not ready for that yet. I want to help you to be happy, whatever that means for you."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 39 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next