Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Four

3 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Four - Page 2 Empty Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Four

Post by Starrnico Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:03 am

First topic message reminder :

Dawn chuckled and shook her head a little "I don't need a party." She said softly, chuckling.

~~~
Skye looked to the door then came over to open it "Mourn? What's up?"
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Four - Page 2 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Four

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:21 pm

Mourn found a socket and held up the hair dryer victoriously. "Hold!" he instructed Asher to hold the part while he turned the dryer on and blew it against his own face to test the heat. His robotic arm couldn't feel heat after all.
He fiddled with the heat for a bit, then satisfied, aimed it at the chassis

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Four - Page 2 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Four

Post by Kooshie Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:52 pm

"I tried asking around, but the Guild doesn't stock android parts. There are only three, well, two now, androids here after all," James said. "It's cool, it's not that big a problem anyway. Mourn just keeps welding me back together."

~~
Asher held the part steady so Mourn could heat it. He tested the warmth of the plastic periodically to see how warm it was getting, and after a bit he asked Mourn to pause while he tried ever so gently to see if he could pry the board up.

Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:11 pm

Mourn turned the hair dryer off and waited, watching Asher intently.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:15 pm

It took a bit of very, very careful effort, and a couple reheatings, but eventually Asher was able to get his fingernails under the plastic and pry it up, and it came free.
Asher inspected the board carefully to make sure he hadn't damaged it.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:27 pm

Mourn stared eagerly. "It no broken? " He put the hairdryer down and went to get the new drone body. "We fix, we fix!"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:30 pm

"It looks fine to me. Obviously we'll need to power it on to test it though." Asher smiled softly, "If we use a glue to stick this in place, let's use a glue that's easy to remove."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:46 pm

Mourn nodded. "We find glue." He looked to Skye expectantly. "Get glue."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:23 pm

Dawn frowned then nodded "That makes sense, but maybe we should keep a special eye out for that part in any stations or cities along the way."

~~~
Skye nodded and turned to get the glue for them so they could do their thing.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:39 pm

"Yeah, we'll keep our eyes open. If nothing else, I think Mourn is planning to place an order with MegaBrainTech, and he'll probably order some parts for me too," James said. He set a fence post in place to drive into the ground. "Hey, at least I'm not stuck in a wheelchair. That's a plus."

~~
Asher smiled at Skye. "Thank you." He waited for Mourn's orders, he wasn't sure if Mourn wanted him to glue the drone, or to glue it himself.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:05 am

Mourn took the board off Asher, examining it. Aketi circuitry was weird, so weird. He was trying to figure out how to hook it up to things like the fans and other parts.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:44 am

Asher watched carefully, trying to see what Mourn was thinking. "Can we solder those connections? I think I can probably get the wires in the right place," he asked. He looked up at Skye, smiling again. This part was boring, but once they got Amity booted up again, she might have fun too.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:46 am

Dawn nodded and got back to helping set up the fence with James.

~
Skye didn't mind it being boring for her, she was just happy to not be alone for a bit.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:47 am

"So what are you looking forward to doing or seeing once we're outta here?" James asked Dawn while they worked.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:49 am

Mourn shrugged to Asher. "Maybe. We try, see if work." He handed the board back to Asher so he could do the fiddly gluing bit and went to find a soldering iron in the mess.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:59 am

Asher carefully glued the piece in place, holding the board still until the glue hardened. He watched Mourn's hunt, amused. This room went so completely against his personal philosophy of tidiness.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:18 pm

Dawn shrugged "I am looking forward to seeing Rigel and the others again, but I don't have any set plans."

~~
Skye just watched the two work, looking around for the soldering tool when Mourn started looking for it.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:13 pm

Mourn crawled under the bed and let out a muffled "AHAH!", struggling to free himself as he scrambled backwards with the soldering iron in his good hand.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:57 pm

"Aww, you need plans, plans are good," James said. Dawn's tendency to not say what she wanted always sorta confused him. "My big plan is to march into MegaBrainTech labs and give them the finger," he said, trying to inspire her.

~~
Asher smiled. "Oh good, you found it. Want me to do the soldering?" His hands were the steadiest, after all.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:59 pm

Mourn looked at the soldering iron, then at his robotic arm, shrugged and shoved the iron into Asher's hands. Then he went back to finding the other bits he needed. The pieces to get the fans up and running, the teeny tiny little screws to put everything back together, wire, electronic components, the very very fragile holographic projector he wasn't certain would actually work and a few other bits of bobs. He waited impatiently, eager to get the 'hologram' back up and running.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:06 pm

Asher got to work soldering everything back together. Thankfully most of the connections were easy enough to figure out, but a few times he needed Mourn's guidance to figure out where things went. Finally, after much work, he'd finish assembling the drone. "I guess now we have to see if he powers on," he said softly, shutting off and setting aside the soldering tool before holding out the drone to Mourn.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:12 pm

Mourn took the drone, made some final adjustments to the projectors, fiddled with the position of the fans and then set it down on his desk, pressing the on switch hidden on the chassis.
He hopped from foot to foot as he waited for it to boot up.

It took a few minutes to run through a startup sequence, the fans didn't spin and it was going to take more work to get the projector working but the speaker crackled to life and Amity's voice came out. "Good... what time is it?" His internal clock was out and he was having trouble synching with Vestia's systems.

Mourn frowned, with no image he had no idea if the drone was talking.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:25 pm

Dawn shrugged again and frowned at James' plan. "That's not a good idea, you will still be needing replacement parts and stuff for you."

~~~
Skye watched them work quietly, sitting back and smiling a little.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:27 pm

"I'll wait til after we're free. Then it'll be my God-given right to give them the finger," James decided. "You can join me, it'll be awesome."

~~
"Hello, Amity," Asher said. "The time is four fifty-two PM." He smiled softly. "I think we need to plug you in again so Mourn will be able to communicate with you too."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:31 pm

"it work yes? it work?" Mourn looked excitedly at Asher.

"I do appologise for this inconvenience." Amity continued. "it seems I have sustained quite catastrophic damage."

Mourn rummaged around for the data cable to plug into the drone.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:34 pm

"Amity is able to speak, if not much else at the moment," Asher said to Mourn. To Amity he added, "It's quite all right, we'll get you back to normal as soon as we can."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:36 pm

"You will still need parts even after you are free" Dawn pointed out then shrugged a little.
~~
Skye chuckled softly at his apologizing for being hurt. "Not your fault Amity"
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:43 pm

"Now that isn't entirely true Miss Skye. I did provoke the soldiers into shooting me down." Amity told her cheerfully.

Mourn plugged the cable in and got text up on the computer as well as a few readouts. He frowned, trying to work out why things weren't all working as they should.
Loose connections maybe?

"We open again, tighten everything, double check wires. Fix fans." He demanded.

"As you wish." Amity replied. "Would you like me to shut down now?"

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next