Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Four

3 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Four - Page 21 Empty Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Four

Post by Starrnico Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:03 am

First topic message reminder :

Dawn chuckled and shook her head a little "I don't need a party." She said softly, chuckling.

~~~
Skye looked to the door then came over to open it "Mourn? What's up?"
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Four - Page 21 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Four

Post by Kooshie Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:24 pm

"The bot should be able to manage it, I think," Vestia said. The mattress was a little ungainly for the bot to carry, but it had been big enough to handle a few pillows, so it would be okay. "Thank you."

~~
Asher opened the door and wheeled his way into Starr's room, wondering belatedly if anyone had told her he was wheelchair-bound now. Oh well. He smiled at her, "Hey Starr, it's good to see you again."

Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Four - Page 21 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Four

Post by Starrnico Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:31 pm

Helen gently handed the thing over to the bot, making sure it had it before she stood up again.
~~~
Starr blinked then shook her head, surprised and shocked. "Asher, what happened to you?" Nope, if anyone had told her she hadn't been paying enough attention to retain that.

Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:31 pm

Amity tilted his head. "Hug me?"

---

Kay came into the room.
He nodded his head to Starr, trying not to project his awkward conflicting emotions.

---

Hewitt nodded. "That does sound quite tiresome." He shook his head. "They're such woefully inefficient creatures, their young so vulnerable and needy, so many requirements for survival even as adults or they simply die. " He rolled his eyes. "how these meat based entities have managed to spread themselves so far across the galaxy with such physical and mental limitations is frankly astounding."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:38 pm

"Will you need anything else, or do you want to get settled in now?" Vestia asked Helen.

~~
"I got injured during the battle. Thankfully it isn't anything permanent, once I get a replacement part, I'll be able to walk again," Asher explained. "Matt's also in a wheelchair currently, until he heals, but everyone else is walking just fine." He smiled softly.

~~
"They're really good at reproducing fast, I think that's a big part of their success," Ethan said. "Also they came from a planet with lots of resources, that helps."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:49 pm

"Hug, it's what Terran-types do when they care for another or wish to offer comfort." Sawna explained with a chuckle. "I missed you."

~~~
Helen glanced around then shook her head "I think I have everything I need." She said then shrugged "Though a tour wouldn't be unwelcome"

~~~
Starr bit at her lip lightly then nodded. "You are alright otherwise though?" Matt was hurt too? Well, at least none of them were dead, including her.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:52 pm

Amity nodded. "You may if you wish." His forcefield should at least make him mostly solid to touch. "The crew have remarked how... quiet the cafe is without you and expressed sadness at your absence."

---

Kay nodded. [Nothing that won't heal, or cannot be repaired. ] He looked sad. I'm glad you're alive and free Starr, and i'm so sorry we couldn't get to you sooner.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:53 pm

"Oh yes, I can give you a tour," Vestia said. "You don't know where the cafeteria is yet, or the med bay. That's pretty important stuff."

~~
"I'm all right, yes," Asher said reassuringly. "I've gotten used to the wheelchair, although I'm looking forward to getting out of it." He looked at Starr, trying to figure out what to ask her about herself. This conversation was going to be difficult.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:04 pm

Sawna smiled and moved to hug him gently. Yeah, she liked his force field being that strong. She let go after a minute "Thank you"

~~~
Starr dipped her head at Kay's words then glanced to him. "You all did what you could. The Family knows how to run and hide." She said softly. "They are the only ones who deserve blame or guilt." Yeah, nice words, too bad she couldn't accept them for herself.
~~~
Helen shook her head and chuckled "No, I don't know where they are yet." She agreed, going to the door to start the tour. It wasn't like she had much of anything to put away anyway.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:11 pm

Ah, telepathy. Asher once again kind of wished that he could hear thoughts, it sure made conversations difficult sometimes. He nodded, but stayed quiet since he wasn't sure what Kay had said.

~~
Vestia led Helen down the hall with her voice, telling her about all the features of the ship. "We have lots of foods, if you have any favorites, we can probably figure them out for you. The chef bots are good at what they do."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:09 am

Kay nodded grimly. [We'll need to check you over but it can wait till you've settled in. ] Yeah pissing her off or forcing her into anything seemed like a bad idea right now. Kay was struggling to pick his words carefully.

--

Amity stared at Sawna, he didn't really understand. "Do you require anything else?"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:45 am

Starr dipped her head then sighed and nodded "I know, we need to be sure they didn't do anything else to me." She said softly and glanced over to the incubator then down again.

~~~
Helen chuckled and nodded "Alright, I like a variety of foods so I'm good with most kinds."
~~~
Sawna smiled and shook her head "No, not really. It's just good to be home again" She said as she moved to check on the shop and how clean it was.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:56 am

"We don't need to rush to do the exam if you'd rather wait, and we can ask Dawn to do the exam if you prefer," Asher said, doing his very best to seem calm and professional, and not like it hurt to have this conversation with the person who was the closest thing he had to a parent. "Whatever seems best to you."

~~
"Oh good. I know that star dragons don't have many dietary restrictions, but if there are foods you like, then I'm happy to try and find recipes," Vestia said, leading Helen into the cafeteria to look around.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:43 am

Starr sighed then shrugged "That doesn't matter, I know you wouldn't hurt me. It's probably best to just get it over with anyway, in case there is anything that Sawna didn't see." She said, though she didn't see how Sawna could have missed anything.

~~~
Helen nodded and looked around the cafeteria. "As long as there isn't a lot of sugar, it's fine." She said gently. "I'll take a look at the recipes you have and add any I like that aren't there later."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:17 am

Kay tried not to look at the incubator, that egg just made all this too real and uncomfortable.
[I'll get the scanner and things then.] He decided Asher was the best person to stay with Starr and chat, things had been awkward enough between him and starr before this.

---

Amity followed Sawna, smiling sedately. The cafe was maybe not spotless, a little dusty in places and such.
"Will you resume your role serving sustenance to the crew now?"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:41 am

Asher nodded to Kay. "All right, that sounds good." He looked at Starr again, trying to think of something to talk about. "It's strange to be back on the beach planet again, isn't it?" He asked. "It's like we're retracing our footsteps now." It was the best topic he could think of right now, okay?

~~
"Sounds good," Vestia said. "Want to see the library and the cafe next? They're crew favorites."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:01 am

Kay hurried off to collect things up, yeah it was rude to flee from the tense atmosphere but he didn't know how much longer he could fake being detatched about it all.

---

"mmm, dumb luck rather than biological superiority." Hewitt agreed. "Do you anticipate the crew of this ship will continue to mope and angst about the dragon's experiences for much longer? " He was already finding it annoying.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:17 am

Ethan nodded. "Some species get lucky and are wildly successful." He considered the question, "I think they're going to be pretty messed up by this for a while. This sort of thing is kind of a big deal in meat creature societies."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:20 am

Hewitt huffed. "Ridiculous creatures. I think I may spend an extended time enjoying the sunshine then. " yes, real sun instead of UV lamps, it always felt better.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:21 am

Ethan smiled oddly. "Yes, if organic angst is something that bothers you, I guess you will be better off out on the beach. It is nice out there, if you don't mind the sand."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:31 am

"It's the salt that's the problem." Hewitt complained. Still if he stayed away from the beach and in the shelter of the buildings it would probably be alright.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:34 am

"Oh, right," Ethan wrinkled his nose. Soaking in salt through all your leaves didn't sound healthy. "You're going out there anyway?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:52 am

Hewitt scoffed. "Of course I am. I'm not about to let a little environmental toxin put me off."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:59 am

"Mind if I come with you? It's nice to be outdoors after being stuck on that tiny ship for weeks," Ethan said. And maybe he liked hanging out with Hewitt too. Maybe.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:07 pm

Hewitt eyed Ethan suspiciously, oh so much for not caring about others huh? He chuckled. "Certainly, you can hold anything I decide to purchase, how about that?" He picked up a cane that was resting against a wall. He didn't really need it, but it gave him something to hit people with if they annoyed him. He also found a jacket and pulled that on over his wingcases.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:11 pm

"Sure, I can do that," Ethan said. He eyed the stack of books he was still holding, then set them down on a table. "I'm going to get these when I come back, and don't think I've forgotten about the fine, because I haven't."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:17 pm

Hewitt cackled "oh of course not." He smirked. "Do you want that in cash, credits? Barter?"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:21 pm

"Credits," Ethan decided, "Or cash. Cash is better." He liked cash, it meant he didn't have to mess around with the stupid semi-legal system Vestia had set up to pay the androids.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next