Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Guild Capitol: Chapter Three

5 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

The Guild Capitol: Chapter Three - Page 38 Empty The Guild Capitol: Chapter Three

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:49 pm

First topic message reminder :

"Man that's complicated. " Matt rubbed his head, yeah, that was enough to give anyone a headache. "He's got no moral high ground now though right? Because he's totally got a kid now."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

The Guild Capitol: Chapter Three - Page 38 Empty Re: The Guild Capitol: Chapter Three

Post by Quinn The Fox Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:51 am

"Nice to meet you too, Miz' Starr." Kelli nodded back eagerly before clinching as her brother harshly scoffed at the group, "Yeah, well last time someone said they weren't gonna hurt us they did, so good luck making me believe that."

Kelli glared at him angrily, turning on him, "Jason, what's wrong with you! They haven't even done anything!"

"I'll tell you what they've done! They're friends with that... with that... OTHER infected! The one everyone is saying that made a scene and has made nasty faces and words at the pack!" Jason suddenly growled, turning on his sister as well. "The Pack has tried so hard to rise above what everyone thinks of them and someone like that comes along? He probably undid some of Lupa's work -- scratch that, he DID! That epsilon was barred from coming tonight because he got angry! You can smell him on them! We can't trust them! They were lying, just like the rest of them." Jason's words of fury began to sound pained at the end, and he wilted, "Don't you get it? The Stormhowl will never have any true friends outside the Pack--"

"That's not true and you know it." Kelli's eyes have started to water up. The two seemed to have forgotten they were in public. "We weren't there. We don't know what happened. Maybe he did be mean, and maybe he didn't. But Lupa told us to judge with our heart, not with our noses. And that's what I'm gonna do. You're being unfair!"

Jason paused a bit, staring at his sister before glaring at the group and stomping off. Kelli came back to her senses and quickly wiped her tears away. "Sorry... t-to answer your question, as far as I know, we only have one soul..." Kelli continued to rub her eyes and hide her face, not wanting to ruin the occasion more than it already was.

~~~~~~

"Mhm. The high elves tried to use it as a tool -- and failed miserably. Me? I got bit one night by one of the beasts that was ravaging a nearby herd of deer and was upsetting the balance of the forest I lived in. One of the wood nymphs got bit too, but she's staying home tonight." The wolf looked at Swarm. "Do you mean Druidic forms?"

~~~~~~

To answer Ellie's question, her hair suddenly turned a dazzling sapphire. "It stays on until you either rip the paper or drop it." The wolf explained.

Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

The Guild Capitol: Chapter Three - Page 38 Empty Re: The Guild Capitol: Chapter Three

Post by Kooshie Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:54 am

Ethan snorted. "It's an ancient instinct from the prehistoric era. The organics evolved to hoard things, in case they were useful later. Now they just get attached to everything." Not that he knew much about biology, but it sounded good.

~~
Tala went over to Acus. "Greetings, Captain!" She slapped him on the shoulder in a friendly way.

~~
Ellie squeaked in surprise, but then looked delighted. "So I don't need to hold it in my hand the whole time, right?" She looked at the paper, "This is amazing."

Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:56 am

Acus jumped slightly as he felt the Minotaur slap; oh he gonna be feeling that later. "Looks like we are the only one part of the crew here today." He said with a simple smile.

Admin
Admin

https://vestiaswanderings.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:21 am

Shane looked at Ellie and grinned at the new color of her hair. "You look nice with sapphire hair." He said then chuckled softly

~~~
Sawna went to Kelli and hugged the girl, unafraid of her or the infection. "Do not cry little one, some things take a while to change, especially when they are learned from a young age, but that is no reason to give up on teaching that change."

Starr looked after the boy then shook her head and followed him "Please wait. We do not want to have you leave angry."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:41 am

"Heeey, hey guys." Matt crouched down so he was level with the two pups, speaking gently. "It's okay guys." He winced as jason stormed off.

Web bowed his head. He didn't know what to say to that outburst. He could however guess exactly who they were talking about.

"Listen, the other infected? He's not so bad when it's not the full moon, he's just... got a whole load of reasons to really hate the infection. Not the infected, the infection itself. That's an important distinction to make I think. He's done everything he can to keep other people safe, just as your pack have, but he's not quite like you. I dunno if this whole meditating thing would really work, or if he has the temperament to try but believe me when I tell you, he's got absolutely no desire to hurt any of you. And as for us? We'd be absolute hypocrites if we kept him around and protected him but shunned you guys for having the same sickness right?" Matt smiled softly to Kelli.

"Your brother has every right to be angry just as ours does." Web told her gently. "The moon doesn't make it easy to regulate such feelings. "

"yeah, Kay turns into a right asshole on the full moon." Matt agreed.

"language." Web reminded him sternly.

"What it's true? It's like super pms." Matt shook his head. "You guys are doing awesome okay? Don't worry about other people, there will always be someone who's gonna distrust you simply for what you are but those people aren't worth it."

Web nodded, smiling sadly. "Do you think it's worth talking to him, or should we let him cool off?"

---

Hewitt laughed. "An interesting theory."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:58 am

"The Swarm is most likely around as well," Tala said, "They do not often miss such occasions." She cow-smiled at Acus. "We shall have a most excellent time together, Captain. Come, let us seek edibles and delightful sights!"

~~
Ellie smiled at Shane. "You don't think it's too much against the gray dress?" She asked, running her fingers over her very blue hair.

~~
Ethan smiled oddly, pleased with his highly scientific hypotheses. "Let's take a look around. I'm keeping you nearby because you're useful, not because I'm fond of you." Well maybe that too, but he wasn't about to admit it. He glanced over at Sonata, hmm, maybe he should say hi.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:04 pm

Hewitt cackled. "Of course, of course." He reached out a hand to grab Ethan and lean heavily against him. "Well might as well make yourself useful then."

---

The Swarm was indeed around. Most of them were with Mourn but a few of them had scattered off in small groups to explore everything.
"captain, captain!" one small group of maybe 2 dozen buzzed and danced in the air in front of Tala and Acus.

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:25 pm

He nodded, "Well I am craving something savory."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:06 pm

Ethan winced at being grabbed and nearly pulled away in panic, but years of conditioning to not do anything that could harm an organic (without specific orders of course) made him hold still. He couldn't accidentally knock Hewitt over, that would be wrong.
He held still and focused on controlling his breathing, which had automatically grown faster in response to his fear. Hewitt wasn't a threat. Hewitt wasn't a threat. Hewitt wasn't a threat.

~~
"Swarm, we were just speaking of you!" Tala said happily. "The captain has chosen to celebrate! We are most pleased! You shall join us as we eat savory things!" She did an odd skip in delight.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:12 pm

"Are you alright?" Amity asked.

"He's fine." Hewitt waved a hand dismissively.

---

Swarm hummed merrily. "It is good to see you out and about Captain." "this place is fascinating."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:28 pm

"I'm fine," Ethan muttered in agreement. "Got taken by surprise, that's all." He tried to focus on the visual and audio input of the festival, with all its colors and noise and lights, and not on the sensation of Hewitt leaning on him. Much safer to think that way. "Where to?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:38 pm

"Hmmm." Hewitt pondered, looking around disdainfully at all the noise and colour. "So many lights and so much activity, how are you supposed to enjoy the stars?" He grumbled.

"Perhaps we should go a little away from the crowds, where it's quieter and less brightly lit?" Amity suggested. "If you wish to see stars, I would suggest getting up high."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:44 pm

Ethan nodded. "Not going to see many stars here, going further from the festival would help. Promise me you won't pick a fight with the other stargazers unless I ask you to." He added, "I'd like to say hello to Sonata first though."
He shifted a bit to try and make Hewitt's weight more comfortable, but it was all in his mind so it didn't help. Gah.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:06 pm

"Sonata?" Hewitt didn't pay attention to people's names, they weren't important enough to him.

"i'm afraid i'm too far away from Vestia's network to bring up that information sir." Amity apologized.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:18 pm

"Dark red hair, Terran, a little taller than you, Professor," Ethan said. "She visits the library sometimes, and seems like a decent person."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:02 pm

Hewitt shrugged. "All terrans look the same to me."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:21 pm

Keli focused on drying her eyes as she was comforted, "I know, I know... it's just... I know what my brother means. The Pack tries to work to change something from bad to good, and every now and then they still get rocks thrown at them." It didn't sound like she meant that figuratively. "Lupa tells everyone to stay positive, and that weathering the storm will work in the end. I don't know what happened today but a lot of the Pack members came home looking sad and angry."

The girl shook her head, forcing a cute and childish smile. "But I trust Lupa. She says not everyone is an enemy, and so I believe in her. I do not think you are lying to us. If we all stay positive and wait until Aisling comes back, then maybe... maybe we won't have to fear ourselves." Her smile turned genuine. "I think of you as friends..."

She giggled at Matt's vulgarity. "Lupa wasn't sure that she could help him too, I think. I heard her talking to her beta, all like," she deepened her voice a bit and made it sound as regal as she could, "'I don't think I could help that one if I tried -- you can see it in his face, he does not want help from our kind.' She does wish to be friendly though. I think today soured the chances...

"It doesn't matter. One day I think the StormHowl will be accepted for their triumphs and not shunned for what they are. The Lunar festivals make them happy -- it shows them that there are a few people out there that can see past the beast."

Jason growled and bared his fangs as Starr came forward. "What do you want?"

~~~~~~

"As long as it stays somewhere on your person, it should work." The wolf told Ellie's who gray dress had turned a pristine and shimmery silver as the buds had unfolded and bloomed into moon lilies. Another note fell out of one of the blossoms...
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:44 pm

Matt nodded. "Hey, don't worry." he looked to his brother. "Web and I know quite a bit about what it's like to have people throw rocks."

"they never threw rocks." Web protested sedately.

"okay but they DID spit at us and call us demons." Matt countered.

Web nodded. "there will always be people who do not understand, and don't wish to learn. But for every person who fears you, there will be many who don't.."

"it's a vast universe after all." Matt finished.

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:00 pm

Sawna smiled at Kallio, glad the girl was so easily brought back to smiles. "I think of you as a friend as well."

Starr paused and tilted her head at Jason. "Your infection does not frighten me. I have studied it enough to make a cure for the newly infected." She said then came closer and knelt down "Now, that said, none of us hate you or the others, it is the infection that some cannot tolorate."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:22 pm

Ethan shrugged. "Well I'm sure she'll forgive you if you mistake her for me." He helped Hewitt along as they went looking for Sonata.

~~
Ellie smiled. "Awesome." She blinked as she noticed the note, then picked it up to read it.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:41 pm

"The infection has become part of us and our culture. It may be evil, but it's what brought us all together, and it's what allowed me and my sister to exist in the first place." Jason growled again, bristling as Starr neared, "The infection allowed the Pack to overcome their own weaknesses and find their strengths. It allowed them to grow and change as people, and become stronger."

"Who called you demons? You don't look like demons to me. And even if you did, you don't act like demons." Kelli inquired innocently.

~~~~~~

The note Ellie read simply said If you find your dress too long to dance, find the vine around your shoulders and give it a nice tug! - Flora

~~~~~~

Sonata was quietly and idley watching Rey, Kaleb, Jay and Cassi ogle at tricksters and toys to buy, trying to decide which ones they wanted to get.
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:54 pm

Ellie blinked at the instructions, then grinned. This might be a prank to make her naked, but hey, you only live once right? She found the vine and pulled it.

~~
Ethan half hauled Hewitt over to Sonata, smiling his odd smile on greeting to her. "Nice to see you out here," he told her. "This is Professor Hewitt. Professor, this is Sonata."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:57 pm

Matt shook his head. "Superstitious scared villagers."

Web nodded, extending a hand and letting flames lick across his fingertips. "Because of this, because they did not understand, because they were scared." The flames died and he clasped his hands again. "Fear of the unknown is common in most sentient races, wired into our very being. We fear that we cannot comprehend, we fear that we cannot control and we fear that we cannot prevent. "

"Doesn't make it okay." Matt huffed.

Web bowed his head. "But it doesn't  mean we should hate them all for their ignorance."

"You are way too forgiving brother." Matt shook his head.

"If you cling to every bad thing, all it does it weigh you down. "

"Funny, you of all people I never expected to say that." Matt stood up.

Web nodded. "I often have to remind myself. " He smiled sadly.

Matt looked grim.

"The point is, there will always be fear and there will always be hate. The best you can do is surround yourself with people who accept and love you. You'll never be able to get everyone to agree with you, or even like you, it's simply unrealistic but I think, the fact your pack has been permitted to attend this festival shows a great deal of trust and acceptance from the community. You should focus on that."

"And go easy on Kay, he's not himself tonight." Matt added.

---

Hewitt looked Sonata up and down critically. "Are you a teacher?" He asked bluntly, she was with small ones after all, only teachers spent time with saplings.

Amity smiled.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:05 pm

As the vine pulled, Ellie's skirt suddenly shrank, and she found her long dress suddenly shorten into a somewhat puffy cocktail skirt, which dazzled and shone with all the flowers clustered together. She could hook the vine onto another across her other shoulder or she could release it and the skirt would fall to the floor again.

~~~~~~

Sonata turned and smiled pleasantly, looking pleased. "It's good to see you out here, Ethan. I'm glad you're more open to social interactions. They can be wonderful experiences."

She glanced over at Hewitt and smiled, holding out her hand. "A pleasure, Professor. I am Sonata Nagi. And no... I'm a... foster mother, for lack of a better word, but I do try to teach them all I know."

~~~~~~

Kelli looked enchanted. "Why would they be scared of that? That's so cool! And useful! Imagine if you lost on a snowy mountain and you had no flint!"
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:12 pm

"Duuuude," Ellie said. "My dress shrinks." She wasn't talking to anyone in particular at this point, just broadcasting her opinions to the world. She tried making the dress go up and down a few times. It was kind of hypnotic to her.

~~
Ethan looked amused. "I'll need to start spending more time in my room, or people will start thinking I'm friendly," he said dryly.
"Mothers are like teachers who have small classes and fuss over them more than usual," he explained to Hewitt.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:21 pm

Matt actually laughed. "We used to get him to keep the fire going when we ran out of fuel."

Web nodded. "Sadly that's actually true. Matt even threatened to poke me with the fire poker if I let it get too cool."

Matt grinned. "I was such a jerk!"

"was?" Web smirked back.

---

Armin came over to Ellie "What fascinating structure this gown has." He remarked, trying to work out how much was mundane trickery and how much was magic.

---

"hmm." Hewitt stared at the extended hand.

"I think sir, you are supposed to shake her hand." Amity volunteered.

"now why would I want to do that?" Hewitt protested. "We've only just met!"

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:33 pm

Acus chuckled and went to buy some meat pies. He really didn't plan to stay long, already he was appearing more on edge.

----

Thaila stayed with Matthew, just listening as she tiredly yawned.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next