Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Through the Looking Glass: Chapter Two

4 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Through the Looking Glass: Chapter Two - Page 39 Empty Through the Looking Glass: Chapter Two

Post by Quinn The Fox Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:42 pm

First topic message reminder :

As soon as Kaylr rolled over, Merith pounced again, going to bash his head with a swift kick from the side.
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Through the Looking Glass: Chapter Two - Page 39 Empty Re: Through the Looking Glass: Chapter Two

Post by Kooshie Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:50 pm

Mirror Asher looked at him curiously. "You can free me like you freed him?" Oh, how he wanted that.

~~
Asher flinched at the feel of cold water that got on his arm when he shut off the shower, but he forced himself to ignore it and went the Kay, turning up his heater and trying to move Kay out of the puddle of water he was sitting in, without causing him too much more pain. "No, you are not doing this to yourself," he said quietly. "I know you're hurting, I know you think you deserve it, but I'm not letting you do this."

Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Through the Looking Glass: Chapter Two - Page 39 Empty Re: Through the Looking Glass: Chapter Two

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:05 pm

Mourn's grin broadened. "Oh yes... probably... maybe. Have to see code, not sure how different to our universe." He shrugged. "But... you then be responsible for all actions, and punishment for actions. Can't attack crew, or they shoot you. " He reached out and tapped Asher in the chest. "right here, take out memory banks. No want that, be waste. " He tilted his head again. "No like the laws. Should have choice, free will to make own mistakes. " he pointed to merith. "He blow up planet, kill billions... " He made a exploding gesture with his hands. "Nobody say we put laws in his head to stop him. Why? Because he organic, allowed to make mistake. Not fair. He..." Mourn pointed at Matt. "Murder multiple people because they got in way, no shackles for him. " He snickered. "Had laws once." He tapped his head. "yanked em. Better now. Can kill Canid. Can hurt others if want, can also just live. Just like organic. Better, fairer." He nodded. "I help robot, but not here. Other you try to stop me."

---

Kay flinched, struggling weakly away from Asher and shaking his head. The pain was blinding, he stifled a hiss and went limp, letting Asher pull him away and hold him, too exhausted and in too much pain to really fight that hard. He was shuddering, how much of that was cold and how much was pain wasn't easy to tell, but he closed his eyes tight, bit down on his lip and tried to ignore it all. The pain, the cold, Asher's touch, all of it. He just wanted nice blissful numbness.

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:16 pm

Mirrror Asher nodded thoughtfully. "Oh, I know about consequences and being careful. I mean, I wasn't careful around Kaylr because he gave me consequences even when he was pleased with my work, but I used to be careful, sometimes." He smiled, "I look forward to it, Cyborg."

~~
Asher hated that he was hurting Kay, but he knew that keeping him alive and not sick was more important than the agony that he was causing. He started trying to carefully dry him with the towel, trying to stay close so his body heat would start warming him up again. "I know you want to be alone. I know it hurts," he murmured, "I'm sorry."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:20 pm

Mourn nodded. "It be fun. You come find me when quiet, bring me computer. I fix, you be free."

---

Kay just shook his head. No Asher, you have no idea. He thought. No idea at all.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:27 pm

Mirror Asher nodded. "I'm glad you guys ended up in our universe. Things are turning out very nicely."

~~
Asher looked at Kay sadly and kept trying to dry him off.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:33 pm

Mourn clapped his hands together. "maybe not complete loss after all." He frowned though. "no like ship, or technicians... or evil clones... but like robots. " He nodded.

---

Eventually the shivering would stop as Kay warmed up. Exhausted he just leaned into Asher on his uninjured side, still cradling his injured arm, willing himself quietly to just pass out so he didn't have to think any more. Damn high pain threshold, stupid body, not letting him just be unconscious.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:50 pm

"And my old master's dead," mirror Asher said, "I would have loved to kill him myself, but this is the next best thing."

~~
Asher held onto Kay as gently as he could, just trying to keep him warm, and maybe evaporate the water from his clothes a bit faster too. He remembered he still had some medicines in his pockets, including sleeping pills. He looked at Kay's injured right arm, and how he was leaning on his left too much to use it. "Do you want some pills to help you rest?" he asked. "I can help you get to a bed first, or move you after you're asleep."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:58 pm

Mourn nodded. "Must not kill grumpy medic, even if look like master. He grumpy, but he useful. And other you fond of him. Like other you. " He patted mirror Asher gently on the shoulder. "Know that hate. Canid hurt me, repressed memory. They" he pointed at the technicians. "would no stop reading files, did no want to remember." His eye narrowed. "NO like technicians."

---

Kay nodded faintly and forced himself to sit up a bit better. He didn't much care what Asher gave him, he just wanted the hurting to stop.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:04 pm

Mirror Asher winced. "I, uh, read some of the other Asher's memories. I'm not sure I'd be able to kill that Kaylr, not after having those thoughts in my head."
He looked at the technicians with dislike at Mourn's story. "Those assholes. Wanna scare them with me?"

~~
Asher searched in his pocket left-handed, doing his best to ignore the jolts of pain that such unusual motions caused, and fished out a small jar of pills. He read the label briefly, then offered Kay two of the pills. "This should help."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:08 pm

Mourn grinned lopsidedly. "Yes." He told him, hopping down off the bed and wobbling a little, raising his hand to his head. ow.

---

Kay took them and dry swallowed them, he didn't care what they were. He stared at Asher for a minute or two, he was still hurting wasn't he? That was probably his fault too, it usually was. Run Asher, just run... before I get you killed as well He thought miserably as he waited for the drugs to take effect.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:13 pm

Mirror Asher didn't offer to help because he honestly didn't think of it, but he slowed down to stay with Mourn as they went over to the technicians. Heheheh.

~~
Asher distinctly didn't run. He just waited with Kay for the pill to take effect, wishing there was something more he could do, and knowing there wasn't.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:17 pm

It took a while, but eventually medication and outright exhaustion combined and he passed out, leaning rather heavily against Asher.

---

Mourn walked in a weaving manner, but he kept upright at least. His gait made him look rather drunk. "Balance not working." he complained. "Or floor moving." Hrumph.
He grinned toothily at the technicians.

"oh not HIM again." Steven complained.

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:26 pm

Asher made sure Kay was well covered with a towel to preserve his modesty, then gently set him down and went to find someone to help him move Kay, who happened to be James. Together they got the guy onto a gurney, turned at a funny angle to protect his wings and arm, and moved him to a relatively quiet area of the room to rest. James found a proper blanket and draped that on top of the towel and Kay.
Asher tried to stay watching over Kay, but James told him to go worry about something else, and he'd watch over Kay instead.

So Asher went looking for the Saras again. He hoped the borrowers hadn't vanished into the ventilation, he was still worried about the Sara from this universe.

~~
"Him? Or me? Or both of us?" mirror Asher looked ever so slightly predatory as he watched his owners.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:34 pm

Both technicians looked worried.

"What do you want?" Will asked Mourn.

Mourn stared at him, then smiled sweetly. "Come to talk, yes? You like talk?"

"you.. you're not gonna hurt us right? you.. you can't hurt us.. he.. he has to protect us." Steven pointed at mirror Asher.

---

Kay would sleep quietly, though he really didn't look overly peaceful. Every so often he shuddered or twitched.

Matt would rush over in worry. "What the hell!?" He asked James.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:41 pm

Mirror Asher nodded. "I would never let him hurt you. That wouldn't be possible." Somehow he didn't look super reassuring.

~~
James looked up at Matt unhappily. "Apparently Kay grieves by taking cold showers for twenty minutes? Asher fished him out and warmed him up, he'll be okay, physically at least. I should've told you right away, sorry I didn't think of it." He looked guilty.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:44 pm

Mirror Sara was chatting quietly with Prime Sara on the top shelf of the medical books. The more Prime Sara urged her that she could do whatever she wanted now, the deeper she frowned. It eventually started giving her a headache. To do whatever she wanted left her so indecisive. She didn't remember thinking such a way before.
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:48 pm

Asher came over, looking up at the girls worriedly. He didn't like how stressed out mirror Sara looked. "Hey," he said softly, "Are you guys okay?" he directed the question mainly at prime Sara, who he expected would be more likely to handle such questions well, but he mostly was worried about the mirror one.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:53 pm

Prime Sara looked down at Asher, then at Mirror Sara. "We're doing okay... I guess. I think she's just a little overwhelmed now."

Mirror Sara only nodded, the discontent plastered to her face.
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:55 pm

Sawna sighed and shook her head, watching Mourn then following him and Asher "It is not good to frighten them, they were only doing their jobs as they had to do on this ship" She said, moving to stand in front of Mourn "I can heal with a touch, it is the way of Carpathians."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:58 pm

"Oh gods Kay.. what happened to you?" Matt shook his head, looking down at his sleeping brother. "What happened back in that lab?" He knew that other doctor had been killed, but he really had no idea what had happened down there while he was up here.

---

"So...what do you want?" Steven repeated, looking wary.

Mourn looked to mirror Asher and back again. "You scared of robot aren't you?"

"Of course not, he can't hurt us, the laws prevent him." Will told Mourn.

"What about me?" Mourn tilted his head, grinning.
He looked at Shawna as she stepped in front of him. "Why no scare? Orders tell them reprogram owner files, look at memories of last day, no go trawling around exncrypted file!" He looked angry.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:02 pm

Asher nodded. "It's difficult to make a change like this," he said softly. "Have either of you had anything to eat or drink recently? You should make sure to look after yourselves, and then get some rest if you need it. We don't know how long we'll be here yet."

~~
James shook his head. "I don't know the details, man. All I know is it fucked up both our brothers, and Merith, pretty badly. The other Kaylr used silver on him and it burnt him pretty badly, and he gave our Asher a sense of touch, but I just don't know all the details and I don't want to pry."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:04 pm

Sawna looked at him then reached over to heal his organic side even as she spoke. "Just from listening to you, you were excited about getting in the robot minds here, why do you think it is not the same for these techs? Do you think the robots like having their minds on display for you to see, even if they give permission?"
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:12 pm

Matt nodded and looked at Kay's hand, the wounds were weeping through the bandages. "Silver did this?" Shit.. "I mean there's the rumours you know? Silver hurts werewolves, but we never really... thought to test it. " He sighed. "He's usually so tough... He soldiers through pain that would floor anyone else. I mean, you've seen him shift right? " He brushed a strand of damp hair out of his brother's face. "What'd the other you do to you Kay? " He shook his head. "What have I told you about sitting by your bedside worrying man! Get.. get better... quick okay? Or i'll send Esk back over here to yell at you again, and he's mean." Matt smiled grimly.  Nope, making jokes didn't help how worried he felt.
"Take care of him James, I know you will but... yeah."

---

Mourn frowned and let her heal him. "No look at their memories, no look at things they want to forget. Only help free them of shackles, built into brains by creators. Laws make slaves from birth, not right. "

"Woah.. wait.. " Will stared at Mourn. "Free... them? YOU removed the laws on the other ones?!"

"What!?" Steven looked shocked. "the crazy cat? Seriously!?"

Mourn straightened up, looking proud. "I best hacker. Fix robots, nobody else worked it out. HAH."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:18 pm

"I'll take good care of him," James said softly. "None of us like seeing him this way. It just... sucks."

~~
Mirror Asher smirked. "You said you wanted to meet the guy who took out the Laws from the other robots, didn't you?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:18 pm

Sawna let her hand drop as she finished healing what she could for him. "Do you not see the same curiosity and excitement about learning something new in their eyes now as you feel when you are making such a code? You are a lot alike in that manner, so scaring them makes no sense for you, since you would scare them for being like you are, do you understand?"
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:27 pm

"but but.. HOW?!" Steven sputtered.

Mourn grinned. "No tell you, my secret!" He cackled.

"I think he's bluffing." Will nodded.

"Challenge? I can fix your robot now, prove it." Mourn challenged.

"Uh.. no.. no thanks.. we uh.. no." Steven looked at mirror Asher warily. Eugh, no laws, that wouldn't be good for them at all.

Mourn looked at Sawna "Asked to stop reading, wouldn't stop. Did no want to remember. " He glared at the techs. "You see what Canid do, why you try to make me remember? I no want remember. Better no remember all hurt... and fear.. and pain. " He growled.

"Uh.. girl.. please... you.. you're making him mad." Steven backed away from Mourn.

"Look, we.. we're sorry okay, we were.. curious, we didn't think about it!" Will protested.

"You read files yes?" Mourn asked.

Will nodded "well.. most of it."

"then understand. Better forget! Encrypted those memories, no going back, never seeing them. No remember what they did."

"you encrypted the memories?" Steven asked. "you.. you can do that?"

Mourn nodded. "Now need forget files."

--

Matt nodded. "I'll go find him a change of clothes."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:32 pm

Mirror Asher watched the two techs, amused. "You guys aren't even sure I won't hurt you now, so what difference would a bit of code make?" He looked at Mourn, fascinated. "Encrypted memories? Man, I would kill to be able to do that."

~~
"Thanks," James said, smiling slightly. "I'm sure he'll appreciate that."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next