Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upon Defiant: Chapter One

5 posters

Page 37 of 39 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

Go down

Upon Defiant: Chapter One - Page 37 Empty Upon Defiant: Chapter One

Post by Kooshie Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:26 pm

First topic message reminder :

Meetup place for all sorts of families! Also a good therapist is here.

Last edited by Kooshie on Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Upon Defiant: Chapter One - Page 37 Empty Re: Upon Defiant: Chapter One

Post by Kooshie Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:01 pm

"The security guy threatened you? Ohmygosh," Ellie said. "Police brutality!"
She looked at Matt and Asher again. "I really hope you guys aren't a thing now," she said sternly, "That would be mean to Kay."

Asher winced. "It really isn't like that," he said.

Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:04 pm

Matt stared at Ellie, then burst into laughter and let go of Asher. "that... no offense Asher but.. ew. Nonono no no no.. Not making moves on my brother's boyfriend, that's like.. almost incest or something right? even if he's not really my brother and... yeah.. still ew. And Thalia would castrate me with a spoon, you know it." He snickered. "She's so violently angry, it's so hot."

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:11 pm

"No offense taken," Asher said, amused.

Ellie made a choking noise. "Boyfriend? As in, you two are back together? After you shot him?" She glared at Asher. "What?"

Uh oh. "We talked it over," Asher said carefully. "He was the one who decided that we should try again."

"You HAVE A GUN." Ellie looked pissed. "He deserves better than that, after what you did."

"He trusted me with it," Asher said. "He gave me permission to carry a weapon, I didn't decide to on my own."

Ellie didn't seem to be convinced.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:14 pm

"Easy Ellie. It's their choice together" Shane said, taking her hand gently. "Come on, let's get home."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:19 pm

"Was.. was I not meant to tell her that?" Matt looked sheepish. "oops.. " Damn drunk mouth. "Sorry man... It.. it's fine Ellie. Kay's like.. way more resilient than you'd think and he's like.. twenty six years old man, he can make his own life choices.. " He broke into a gigglefit remembering walking in on them making out. Damn medics omg.
"In all seriousness though Ellie like.. " He came over to her. "Next time they're together, watch Kay's face. I haven't seen him so happy and contented in years. And good on em, the family couldn't take that away from them. Fuck the family, love is awesome and way more powerful than those dickwads. "
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:38 pm

Asher smiled reassuringly at Matt. "It's okay, she was going to find out eventually."

"Stockholm Syndrome," Ellie said angrily, "Look it up. Not being actively cruel isn't the same as being nice."

"Ellie," Asher said quietly, "What happened while we were with the Family was me at my most desperate. I genuinely thought that the only way out was to try and earn their trust, and to do that, I had to obey them even when they gave me the most monstrous order I've ever carried out." He looked at her steadily, "I hate what I did, and I do everything I can to avoid reminding him of that day. I only carry this gun because I've found that sometimes enemies can't be defeated with words. If there was another way, I would put aside my gun in a heartbeat and never pick one up again."

Ellie watched him closely. He was a good liar--he was a robot, after all--but he seemed like he was genuinely pained by the memory of what he had done. Hmm.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:41 pm

Matt lowered his head, man, today was just NOT letting him keep a happy drunk buzz was it? DAMN today.

"They'd have done far worse had you not obeyed, we all know that." He spoke quietly, the memories hurt... a lot.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:45 pm

"Come on" Shane said again, trying to get Ellie to get on the shuttle so they could go back to Vestia.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:53 pm

Ellie looked at Asher unhappily. "I just don't want Kay to be hurt."

Asher nodded. "I understand. Believe me, I would never knowingly hurt Kay, under anything less than the most dire circumstances." He wished he could have said that sentence without the addendum to ruin it, but that would be a lie.

"If you abuse him in any way, you're scrap metal," she told him, letting Shane lead her to the shuttle.

Asher almost smiled at that. "I'm glad to hear that."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:13 pm

Matt tensed at Ellie's remark. Not cool Ellie, not cool.
"if it matters... I trust you." He told Asher softly.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:21 pm

"Thank you, that does mean a lot," Asher told Matt, smiling a little. He added, "It's all right, she has every right to be concerned. I'm just glad she cares. I think I'll stay here for a bit though, if you're sober enough to fly a shuttle, Shane." Cowardly? Perhaps. But he didn't feel much like facing any more of Ellie's disapproval at the moment.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:26 pm

Matt nodded. "Be careful okay? Try not to get arrested, or attacked.. or... kidnapped or any of the other shit that seems to happen to us all." He smiled weakly, waved, and joined Ellie and Shane in the shuttle.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:30 pm

"I'll do my best to be careful," Asher said. "You guys drink lots of water and get some rest, okay?" He made a hasty retreat back into the safe anonymity of the station. Maybe he would even be able to find Vanessa and Merith. That would be good.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:36 pm

As Asher wandered around in search of Merith and Vanessa, he'd pass by a duo of giggly young women who chatted amongst themselves as they carried heavy coats in their arms that were warming from the heat.

"Did you see that man? He was rather talented wasn't he?..."

"Oh yes, and not too bad on the eyes, either. I think the scar completed the look for him!..."

"... Rather jealous of that arcana-woman. One wonders where someone can get a guy who's both good looking and knows how to ice skate like that!..."

They continued to giggle to each other like teenage schoolgirls as they absent-mindedly walked by the android.
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:41 pm

Well, he supposed he knew where to look now, at least. He remembered seeing the skating rink on the map, so he headed that way, looking around as he walked in case Merith and Vanessa were leaving as well.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:46 pm

Merith and Vanessa would still be on the rink when Asher arrived. A lot of people had given them room in the center and were admiring from afar as the duo danced, in perfect sync with each other. Ever move and gesture was perfectly performed at the same time. Their brilliance as a team shone through as they displayed the epitome of synchronized movement.

It was then they swooped into another spin, this time, Merith picking up Vanessa with ease and tossing her into the air. As she soared, her body gracefully twisted to spin in the air, and as she fell, if Asher took the time, he could see both of them having a rather watery gaze, as if they were trying their best to contain a very powerful, and maybe painful, emotion.
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:53 pm

Asher watched them from the sidelines, content to wait and not interrupt the two's time together. They looked so close right now, not just physically but emotionally as well, it wasn't hard to believe they had worked together since the beginning of the universe.
A less sentimental one of his processes was impressed by how little they showed of the effects of their drinking. They moved with the sort of coordination you'd expect from someone completely sober, which didn't match Matt's description of their condition at all.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:58 pm

Merith caught Vanessa and they swung back into a spin, rewarding them with a unified clap and slight whistles of impression. They skated together alongside each other for several more minutes in silence, no longer doing anything fancy. Just... skating.

Eventually they did walk off the ice but did not notice Asher's presence at first, going to remove their skates as both seemed to be deep in their own thoughts.
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:03 pm

Asher waited while they removed their skates, hesitant to ruin the moment. He'd wait until they left the rink to join them.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:05 pm

When they walked out, only then did Merith notice Asher. The brooding look was masked and he forced a bubbly smile to his lips, waving the android over. Vanessa also masked her dreary look, looking more stony faced than ever.
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:10 pm

Asher looked at them, considered trying to match Merith's attempt to look happy, then gave up on that idea. "I heard about what might happen at our next stop," Asher said softly, coming over to join them, "I should have realized sooner what this visit would entail for you two, I'm sorry."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:16 pm

Merith and Vanessa looked at each other, their expression faltering before both gaining a soft and understanding smile. Merith shook his head, "We understand what could happen. There is no need for apologies... Besides. We couldn't run forever. You can't run away from the terrible things you've done... Sometimes, somehow, you will suffer the consequences for it."

"Besides," Vanessa spoke softly, "It would be unwise to avoid the Guild of Scribes, let alone make them an enemy by sheltering us. The Guild is an incredible powerhouse of both knowledge and military. Even the Family is wary of them. They can offer the most protected sanctuary and provide the greatest assets against the Family. We would... be a small price to pay, if it had to be."

Merith nodded, "And... It would also allow Heny to no longer fear them as well."

Vanessa looked up at Merith and shook her head. "I know you've vowed to take Heny's transgressions as your responsibility, but I doubt that they would prosecute you nor her for that. In any amount of luck, those charges would be dropped, or else placed upon a bounty for the Creator Himself..."
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:22 pm

Asher nodded. "I know you would have mentioned it during the meeting if you were unwilling to do this. I still wish I'd realized what was going to happen sooner." He sighed. "Matt said that we might be able to speak for you during your trial, is that true?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:27 pm

Vanessa nodded. "Although there are High Inquisitors that usually have most of the power, the Judicial system is a form of Congress, so to speak, made up of the higher ranks or elites of the Guild, both young and old. They use evidence and witnesses, but are open and willing to be granted any other form of witness and evidence in order to... properly... sentence a judgement. Although, in your case, Asher, it may be difficult, I am certain there will be a way to get an android into the Defending stands." She smiled gratefully.
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:09 pm

Asher looked away for a moment, hating the thought that he might not be permitted to speak during the trial. He looked back at them again, resolute. "I'll do my part in this trial, even if they only let me be used as a source of photographic evidence," he said firmly.
He hesitated before saying more softly, "But I must ask, because I know that the planet wasn't the start of the Guild's search for you, what did you do? You don't have to tell me, but I'd rather hear it from you, than anyone else."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:17 pm

Merith suddenly looked quite frightened, as if he were something repulsive and scorned by the galaxy, and Asher was a creature of some higher judgement that hung the man so effortlessly over the fire. Vanessa squeezed Merith's hand endearingly, looking quite saddened herself. After a few seconds of quiet, she finally answered.

"We will tell you, but this is not a topic for public walls with ears."
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:23 pm

Asher had expected a reaction of some sort, certainly unwillingness to say their crimes, but not the sort of terror Merith was showing. He frowned. "Of course. You can tell me when you're ready, and wherever you think would be safe. Or not at all, if you'd prefer."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 39 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next