Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beach Planet

5 posters

Page 5 of 39 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 39  Next

Go down

Beach Planet - Page 5 Empty Beach Planet

Post by Kooshie Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:37 pm

First topic message reminder :

Scott's probably around here somewhere, trying to recover from James.

The water's pretty nice.

Perfect place to dump slavers.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Beach Planet - Page 5 Empty Re: Beach Planet

Post by Kooshie Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:21 pm

"It's fairly common for Sevens to develop weird behaviors. Rebellion, anxiety, extroverts, introverts, optimism, pessimism..." Scott shrugged. "I like my robots to act like robots, personally. But Sevens sell really well, and I gotta carry them sometimes to stay in business."

Daniel did a surprisingly convincing imitation of a smile. "We fulfill our duties. That gives us a sense of satisfaction."

Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:23 pm

Matt tried not to shudder.

"Ellie, the robots are creeping me out." He whispered.

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:27 pm

"They're totally plotting an uprising," Ellie said. "Let's get outta here!"

Scott sighed. "I thought I told you guys the smiling thing didn't work," he grumbled at the androids.

"My apologies, Sir," Daniel said unflappably.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:29 pm

Matt shook his head at ellie. "Man they're not gonna rise up! they're way too... robotic. " Yeesh. Yeah, those guys, those were robots.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:29 pm

Shane shook his head and sighed softly "Really you two, he's trying to be friendly here."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:32 pm

"Hey, we don't have humanoid robots back home. They're more like Vestia's droids. You know, robotty. " He smiled forcedly at the androids. "no offense guys.. you can't get offended can you? can they get offended? "
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:33 pm

"Of course not. We cannot be offended by your concerns," Daniel said.

"So. Creepy." Ellie backed out the door onto the bright, sunny street, shuddering. "I take back what I said earlier; thank God Asher isn't like that."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:35 pm

It was supposed to just be a simple delivery, something he hadn't thought he'd need protection for. After all, it was a beach resort, it was hardly like this place had a reputation for violence.
Having delivered the goods though, the Spiderkin started to feel like maybe he shouldn't have turned down this alley and that maybe he should pick up his pace a little.

His many legs clicked on the pavings, he kept his head lowered submissively and hurried on his way. Oh he was well aware how some regarded the Vavare, but usually their reactions were to scream and run away, a reaction that was more bemusing and slightly frustrating. People didn't usually get openly aggressive, least, not in his personal experience.

Three humanoids stepped out in front of him.

“Oh, please, excuse me.” He spoke through his breathing mask, his soft voice slightly muffled and distorted by the speaker. He bowed his head politely, noticing another few humanoids stepping out of the shadows to either side of him.
He tensed.
“C.. can I help you?” He asked warily.

“They say Weaver silk's got healing properties... “ One of the men spoke. Eyeing the spiderkin with a nasty smirk.

“Yes, that is correct. Woven in the right way...” He trailed off, these guys didn't look like they wanted a sales pitch. He gulped.

“Wonder what your blood does... “ One of the humanoids spoke.

“Worth a pretty penny in one piece these guys.” Another mused. “Probably even in pieces.”

“Word around town says a certain Captain's kitting out a new ship, wonder if he'd be interested... “

The spiderkin's eyes widened a little at their talk. “Leave me be, and let me pass.” He begged.

“now why would we do that Weaver?”

“Because I have done you no harm. I am just a tailor, nothing more. Please, let me pass.”

The gang advanced.

"Please..." He begged once more, but they weren't listening.
The Spiderkin backed away with his hands raised and all 6 vestigial limbs extended. His claws clattered and he hissed, but he was massively outnumbered, unarmed and really not that threatening.

As they fell upon him he screamed for help, trying to fight back but as he'd told them, he was a tailor, not a fighter. He fell to the ground, covering his head with his hands and drawing his legs in under himself as he tried to curl into a defensive ball.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:39 pm

Starr heard the yell for help, muffled as it was. She frowned and turned down the alley. When she saw what was happening she frowned and shifted to her acid dragon form "Leave him alone."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:42 pm

Matt lead Shane out, thanking the shop keeper for distracting them for a bit. "See ya man, good luck with your whole... whatever... "

Once safely out into the sunshine he shuddered too. "Yeah, I like Asher how he is thanks. Robotic people are way less creepy than robotic almost people."

---

Kay hurried after Starr and really couldn't do much, he stood back and let her handle the situation.

--

Some of the gang broke away to challenge the dragon. "What business is it of yours love?" one asked.
"Stay out of this." another told her.

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:46 pm

Shane followed Ellie and Matt out, glancing back at the androids and the shopkeeper then around the area. "Well, where to next?"

~~~
"I do not like to see others bullied. Now leave him alone" Starr said, edging closer to the spider and trying to get between him and the humans.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:52 pm

Some of the gang backed off, clearly questioning if this was worth it. The two challenging Starr however both tried to stop her getting to the spider. "It's just a Weaver. Filthy disgusting monsters, but the slavers will pay handsomely for one."

In the scuffle they'd managed to yank the spiderkin's breathing tubes loose from their tanks and he was gasping for breath, a desperate look in his eyes as he scrambled to try to reattach the tubing.

Kay's eyes narrowed at the mention of slavers and seeing that the creature appeared to be struggling to breathe, decided to throw caution to the wind and rush to help.

One of the gang tried to stop him, he kicked them and being small as he was, managed to duck out of their grip.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:54 pm

"SLAVERS?" Starr asked, growling fearsomely at the humans "If you think of selling anyone to those creatures, no matter who you find, then I will find a way to make your life as miserable as any slaves is. Do you understand me?" She asked, pressing forward to make the humans either back up or be pushed back by her bulk.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:02 pm

most of the gang had at this point decided that the dragon was NOT worth arguing with. Even one of the pair who remained looked uncertain.
"uh... " He backed away. "Steve seriously, this isn't something we can win!"

The guy who was apparently called Steve glared. "Fine, you win this time dragon, but we'll be back." He spat.

Kay managed to get the breathing tubes hooked in place. The spider took several deep gasping breaths as his mask started to work again. He was shaking badly as the gang dispersed into the alleys.

He looked up at his two saviors, regarding the dragon with wide terrified eyes. Giant lizard... GIANT LIZARD! He scrambled to his feet and flattened himself against a wall.

"Please do not eat me!"

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:08 pm

"Impressive, Miss." Suddenly a very familiar face slithered out of the darkness. First Mate Ironscale looked at the three curiously. "Though I'd be careful about revealing a Draconic form. This trade post occasionally has a camp for the Order of Aurum, and they don't take kindly to Dragonkin not under their reign." He spoke Nessan, but the new collar around his chest... Neck, was hallowed out with a translator for him.
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:10 pm

Kay glared at the snake man but turned his attention back to the spider guy, raising both hands to show he was unarmed and no threat. He tried to look reassuring.

The spider just flattened himself as much as he could against the wall.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:11 pm

Star watched the humans leave then returned to her angel form, turning to look at the spider "Fine way to say thank you" She said then shook her head and looked to Kay, "Is he alright physically?" She asked then looked to Ironscale and narrowed her eyes "I suppose that is good advice, especially coming from a slaver, from a ship that had me in a cage that I then escaped from" She still wasn't happy that they were free.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:14 pm

"We're those men referring to my crew?" The snake man asked aloud, ignoring Starr's snide remark. "Matthew doesn't take personal servants for the crew. Involuntary servitude of the crew hasn't been authorized for twenty years. We may sell slaves but Captain Matthew insists we do not use them ourselves." He looked at the direction the people ran, humming for a moment. "I'll have to report them to Matthew. He doesn't like sadists, especially not after what happened last time. Sadists have a tendency to not follow orders..."
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:16 pm

"Yes, your crew or any other slaver crew in the area currently." Starr said and shook her head, looking to the weaver "Now, let's get you out of this alley and away from this slaver"
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:18 pm

"Don't trouble yourself, Ma'am." The snake bowed slightly and slithered off on his own. He wouldn't stay long in a place he wasn't wanted in. Besides, he wasn't here for them...
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:22 pm

Hah, sadists.. Kay was rather relieved he couldn't say anything because right now the urge to call that snake guy on his bullshit was pretty strong. How could he possibly believe he and his crew weren't every bit as sadistic as that gang?

He nodded to Starr's question, but he wasn't totally sure without being able to get a better look at the spider guy, who looked absolutely terrified.

the spider stared at Starr as she changed form, relaxing slightly now she wasn't a huge lizard but still looking rather freaked out.

"You... you do not wish me harm?"

Kay shook his head, smiling softly.

The spider frowned and took a step forward. "Yes, leaving sounds like an excellent idea. t.. thank you for saving me."

Last edited by flying_purple_monkfish on Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:25 pm

Starr nodded and looked to the snake as he left "Be careful of that one though, he is a slaver and his crew is having to get a new ship here. Anyway, Kay here is a medic if you want him to look you over, though I would prefer back on our ship or yours. Who knows what those humans will say to bring in reinforcements."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:41 pm

He tensed at the word slavers. "I know all about slavers, apparently my kind are sought after by plantations eager to have access to our weavings." He was limping a little. "I will be fine, my exoskeleton is stronger than any humanoid boot or fist." He looked to them both gratefully, bowing his head graciously. "I dread to think what may have happened had you not come along when you did, you saved my life and I am indebted to you."

[you're limping] Kay pointed out.

The spider nodded. "That leg has never worked as well, it is an old injury, made worse by the excitement."

[Even so, I would feel better knowing you were alright.]

The spider nodded slowly. "Then I will oblige. " he looked to Starr. "I have no ship of my own, I arrived here by transport ship. One will arrive in 36 hours to take me back the station." He lowered his head. "if I survive that long... "
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:48 pm

"Then you can stay with us at least until your transport arrives." Starr offered gently "Some of our shipmates may not be as welcoming, but most of us are kind and decent folks. " She said gently
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:53 pm

Starrnico wrote:Shane followed Ellie and Matt out, glancing back at the androids and the shopkeeper then around the area. "Well, where to next?"
"Let's go down to the water so Matt can see how he likes oceans," Ellie suggested.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:55 pm

"thank you... " He bowed his head again, unable to rely on facial expressions thanks to the mask that covered most of his features, he had to rely on exaggerated body language to convey things. "I am rather used to people's fear, but they do not usually become so violent. " He looked to Starr "You are a shape changer yes?"

--

"OCEAN!" Matt declared loudly. "yes!"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:04 pm

"Ocean sounds good" Shane said with a grin at the other male's excitement

~~~
"Yes, I am a shapechanger. I have found the form of an acid dragon to be quite handy at times" Starr said with a smile as she turned to go back to Vestia "We can go straight to Vestia unless you want to come to pick up the package with us."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 39 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 39  Next