Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Two

3 posters

Page 10 of 39 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 24 ... 39  Next

Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Two - Page 10 Empty Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Two

Post by Kooshie Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:05 pm

First topic message reminder :

James went into Armin's room. "Hey man, watcha working on?" he asked, seeing that Armin was sewing.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Two - Page 10 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Two

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:58 pm

"Wanna go check it out?" Matt grinned rougishly. "Maybe they have some nice stuff to swipe."

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Two - Page 10 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Two

Post by Kooshie Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:25 pm

James snickered. "Heck yeah. Let's liberate the upper class from their fancy stuff. They'll be better off without it, anyway. I mean, they would be better off without it, if we actually had an upper class here."

Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:16 pm

Matt snickered. "What are we waiting for? Liberation!" He wheeled toward the hallway.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:38 pm

James laughed and followed. "I wonder what expensive decorative stuff Vestia put up there."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:26 pm

flying_purple_monkfish wrote:Kay nodded, glancing at the sleeping child sympathetically. Not knowing who your father was wasn't a great place to be, it left so many questions all your life.
Maybe it's just a quirk, there is a lot of variation in Star Dragon patterning after all? Maybe it means nothing. He hoped. Or perhaps she had something wrong, albinism maybe? Was that possible in Star Dragons? He had no idea. We'll keep an eye on her. She'd have a lot of people looking out for her, she would be okay, hopefully.
I don't know. Even the elders that are alive and here have never seen an all white star dragon. Danika's markings are strange enough on their own as well. Perhaps they are related somehow.Starr said, she hadn't meant to send that last part, but it slipped through. That was the problem with telepathic communication.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:28 pm

flying_purple_monkfish wrote:Matt laughed "Yeah, you're all against me with your colour perception!" He declared dramatically, pulling away from James so he could ease himself into the chair. Oh that was better. He looked at the crutches, considered how to also carry them, shrugged and stuck them into his "pocket", disappearing them in a manner that was probably pretty surreal and borderline comical to watch.

---

"it would be an honour." Armin told Ellie, oblivious to Kay and Starr's conversation. He approached carefully, wondering if the child would remember his voice from her time inside her egg. Would his mind be familiar to her?
Luna chirped at the transfer and blinked up at Armin curiously before rubbing her cheek against his fingers softly.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:52 pm

Ellie smiled, watching how Luna reacted to being handed to Armin. It was so sweet how Luna didn't seem to be scared of anyone. Maybe when your mom was the queen of star dragons, you didn't need to fear anything.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:44 am

Armin gently petted Danika's head. "Hello little one." He spoke gently to her.

Kay frowned, looking thoughful. He'd not thought too much about Danika's unusual markings beyond simply assuming her parentage was uncertain and it was one of those things. He nodded though. She seems healthy though, that's all that matters yes?
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:06 am

Matt led the way to first class, or where he thought first class was. He hadn't really been there that often, oops?
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:29 am

James followed along, he'd probably offer directions if Matt needed the help, so eventually they'd make it to the elegantly decorated, spacious hallways and lounges of first class.

"Look at this," James said disapprovingly, looking up at a chandelier that was tastefully decorated with what looked to be crystals of some sort. "We don't have crystal chandeliers in our lounges."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:08 am

"man that must be worth a bit." Matt remarked. "Vestia, what kinda swishy posh people were you expecting!" well, they did have royalty here. "man, why doesn't Starr have a suite up here?" He laughed.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:17 am

"I just build the habitat, and see what it attracts," Vestia said brightly from a nearby speaker. "Nobody's moved in here yet, but maybe they will."

"I think she's treating us like we're ants in an ant farm," James told Matt. "Observing us, taking notes, going on smartship message boards and discussing our behaviors with other smartships."

Vestia snickered.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:38 am

Matt laughed "That explains so much!" He wheeled down the corridor. "I approve of the wider corridors!" He called. Much easier for a wheelchair hah. "Man, maybe we should claim a room here. " He opened a door to peer inside.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:14 pm

The room was large and comfortably furnished, with a few nice paintings, soft rugs, and a very nice floor that was either wood or a very high quality imitation of it.

"Yeah, we could all just move up to these fancy rooms, I mean, someone should use them. And the living areas are great and extra accessible," James said. "What is with the floor in here though?" Wooden floors weren't something he'd seen often, except maybe at the Guild. They really weren't practical in space.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:31 pm

"I dunno, they look good?" Matt pondered the floor. Wooden floors were fairly familiar to him, having grown up in a house with wooden floors and beams and all sorts, but in space it was.. a bit unusual. "Where's the dining area and medical facility though?" He asked curiously. Hey, maybe he and Thalia could move up here with their baby, get a little space to raise their family? It was an idea anyway. Their current rooms weren't exactly practical for three people to live in long term.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:05 pm

"I guess so. It's just... weird," James said, eyeing the floor uncertainly. Chopping down trees just to walk on seemed weird to him, it was such a planet-dweller thing to do.

"Dining room is down the hall, medical room is a few doors farther," Vestia said helpfully. "They should be easy to find, the medical room is labeled."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:01 pm

Luna chirped again then settled in his hand to sleep more. She was new and only really wanted to sleep and eat right now.

Starr nodded a little Yes, she does seem healthy and that is more important than simply how she looks. I am thinking it is something with genetics, similar to Terrans having albinos, we will have to make sure she stays healthy
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:52 pm

Kay nodded. If you are worried, I can check her over but I admit, star dragon physiology is not my something I know a lot about. Even so, she has a lot of people looking out for her. We should notice any problems, if there are any, quickly and be able to help in some way. He hoped anyway. Albinsim could be just fine aside from a little sensitivity to sun, but it could also increase the risk of other problems like vision and hearing. But little Luna would have a lot of people taking care of her, they'd notice if she had a problem, he was sure of it.

Armin smiled under his mask, settling so he was a bit more comfortable and petting Luna till she fell asleep. What a sweet little infant. Star Dragon babies were very endearing.

----

Matt laughed "Why? It's that or what, plastic or metal right? " He wheeled off down the hall toward the places Vestia mentioned. "I dunno man, maybe we shouldn't tell people about this and just keep it for us to enjoy." He grinned "our own private swanky digs!"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:06 pm

Ellie watched Armin and Luna for a while, cause they were adorable. She was still excited about babies though, so if there were other hatchlings in the nursery right now, she'd probably go over to them to see if they wanted to to play or something.

~~
"I mean, it's basically like killing a tree just to have something to walk on," James said. "Which I guess is normal when you grow up around trees, but it seems less normal when you spent pretty much your whole life on a space station, you know?" He nodded, "Yeahh, that's a good plan. We can be Vestia's VIPs, and nobody will ever know."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:09 pm

Matt shrugged "they're just trees, new ones grow right?" Maybe he was just too used to trees, having grown up in a forest. "VIP! " He cheered. "I like this plan. Hey Vestia, how hard is it to get food up to here?"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:21 pm

James laughed. "I guess wood floors are a cultural thing, huh."

"Not hard, we have the bots and the teleporters to get stuff here, as well as bigger elevators for larger crates and such," Vestia said. "Why, you guys planning to just hide up here for weeks at a time?"

"That sounds fun actually," James remarked.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:28 pm

Matt grinned "SLEEP OVER!" He clapped his hands, cackling. He looked back at James "Maybe, where I grew up we have a shit ton of trees so it's not like anyone misses a couple."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:57 pm

"Hell yeah. We can have a sleepover! With ghost stories and stuff. I don't actually know much about what people do at sleepovers," James admitted, "But they sound fun." He nodded, "Yeah, I guess the more common the trees are, the less weird it is to harvest them. Makes sense."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:04 pm

Matt shrugged "neither do I, never had one." Did sharing a room with two of your brothers most of your life count? he hadn't a clue. "And yeah, lots of rocks, lots of trees, not a lot of anything else. " He considered what sort of things they could do up here. "mm.. movies, popcorn.. for throwing, not eating." neither of them could eat popcorn after all. "Uh.. games? we could totally tell stories. "
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:19 pm

"Throwing popcorn is always good," James agreed. "I feel like our dietary restrictions may seriously limit our ability to take part in traditional sleepover activities though, it seems like humanoid parties involve a lot of food."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:30 pm

"Yeah, well I mean I can eat a bit of jerky or something. A whole rare steak is probably a bit uh.. messy." Matt laughed. "There aren't nearly enough meat based transportable snacks, someone should do something about that."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:38 pm

"Ohhh, good idea," James said, laughing. "That'd be a great business idea, foods that look like omnivore snack foods but are designed for carnivores. We could get rich!"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 39 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 24 ... 39  Next