Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Two

Page 6 of 26 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 26  Next

Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Two

Post by Kooshie on Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:05 pm

First topic message reminder :

James went into Armin's room. "Hey man, watcha working on?" he asked, seeing that Armin was sewing.
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Bianca, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia

Back to top Go down

Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Two

Post by Kooshie on Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:28 pm

"Maybe she's destined to do something amazing," Ellie said. "Oh wait, she totally is. We already knew that." She looked at what Armin had brought when Starr noticed it, "Aww, it's cute too!"

Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:33 pm

James was wandering around the ship, trying to avoid thinking about, well, pretty much everything. He might find Esk somewhere by accident, if Esk wasn't hiding.

Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:37 pm

Starr chuckled and looked to Luna again, feeding her happily. "She is our princess. She will be queen someday. That is amazing enough."
Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:00 pm

Armin bowed his head, offering the toy to Starr. It was silver, glittering like metal. "Congratulations, she is... beautiful, as her mother. "

---

Esk wasn't hiding, he was listening to an audio book in one of the lounges that was seldom frequented and doodling. It was quiet and people generally didn't come in here to bother him. Usually.
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:12 pm

To be fair, James didn't intend to bother Esk. The fact that he wandered into that specific lounge on that specific day was purely coincidental.
That said, he didn't immediately leave the guy alone when he saw him, so maybe it was kinda James's fault after all. Oh dear.
"Hey man, watcha listening to?" he asked.
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:17 pm

Starr smiled happily and nodded "That she is, even being different as she is. She is beautiful, thank you." She said as she took the toy and showed it to Luna. Luna of course was more interested in eating, as the other babies had been on the day they hatched.
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:27 pm

Esk pulled an earbud out of his ear and shot James a withering look. "Does it matter?"

----

"She is like a moon." Armin remarked, bowing his head to the little baby dragon but not coming too close. She was small and already had a lot of people fussing over her, he didn't want to scare her.
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:32 pm

"Her name totally fits," Ellie agreed with Armin. She was barely resisting the urge to pet the baby dragon right now, omg. "Luna is Icelandic for 'moon', I think. Something like that."

~~
"I'm curious, man," James said. "I'm hoping you're listening to pop so we can share playlists, but my heart knows you're more a rock opera sorta guy." He wasn't much good at witty comebacks, but he had to try for Esk.
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:02 pm

Esk stared at James blankly, pulled the other earbud out and turned the tape off. "What do you want?" He asked, tilting his head. "A distraction?"
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:21 pm

Starr chuckled and nodded "Yes, she is like a little moon." She agreed then looked to them "You can hold her, if you want to feed her." She said, she knew the two liked baby dragons.
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:22 pm

"I was just wandering, and I ended up here," James said. He looked a little awkward, Esk's guess was pretty accurate after all. "You know, wandering happens sometimes."
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:27 am

"Mm hmm." Esk continued to stare at James, intending to make him as uncomfortable as possible.

----

Armin watched Luna, smiling behind his mask. She was truly blessed, a princess, born in freedom. He tried not to think of the unpleasantness surrounding her conception, it wasn't important, what was important he felt was that the Star Dragons had freedom and a symbol of hope. Starr and her child were hope.
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:46 am

"We can hold her?" Ellie asked. She loved holding baby dragons so much, but this one was so new. And also a princess. She kinda half thought Starr might fly into a protective rage over her daughter or something.
Moms did that, Ellie was pretty sure.

~~
James sighed. "Dude, if you want me to fuck off then I will." Hey, James had interrupted the guy after all.
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:02 am

Esk shrugged. "Where's everyone else? Didn't Starr's bastard child hatch or something?" Maybe that was a nasty way to put it, but hey, the kid WAS a bastard child and truthfully, he kinda felt sorry for the kid, as much as he ever felt sorry for anyone. But it was all just a bit too close to home for him to want anything to do with the birth and pretending it was a happy event. Starr could delude herself all she wanted, but deep down she'd always know wouldn't she? He knew from experience that much as you tried to block out awful things, they had a nasty tendency to creep back into your mind at inoppertune moments. "I take it you couldn't bring yourself to go congratulate her either?" Just seemed massively inappropriate to him.
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:29 am

James blinked at the question. He didn't really expect Esk to care much about kids, certainly not enough to ask about them. "Yeah, the baby hatched. Or will be hatching today if she hasn't already. I'm sure a lot of people are going over to visit herand Starr currently."
He shook his head, "I don't really want to visit. I was one of the last people to see Starr before she was captured, seeing the kid is just going to make me feel guilty for not protecting her. And that kid can't read my mind, but she still shouldn't have people who feel guilty for her existence anywhere near her. It's not her fault she exists."
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:39 am

Esk nodded. "She'll be able to read everyone else's minds. Whether they mean it or not, eventually she'll figure it out." He shook his head. "And when she starts asking who her dad is... no kid wants to learn that about themselves." He looked out the window. "I dunno, pretending it's a happy thing just seems... Decietful. But I suppose Starr wants to pretend right? Still, offering congratulations for being forceably impregnated against your will is... shitty. " he looked thoughful. Personally of course he'd have been suggesting they just smash the damn egg before hte kid could have been born but he knew the others wouldn't see it that way. Maybe he just had a slightly different perspective, his own origin not being too dissimilar. He glanced back at James. "You really think you could have protected her? Starr's a fucking psudo god and no offense but, you're just an android."
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:27 am

James sighed. "I know I probably couldn't have saved her. But what they did to her was so awful, it's hard not to blame yourself for not at least being there to try." Maybe it was irrational, but a horrible event of that magnitude wasn't something you could really think rationally about.
"Starr decided to have this kid, for whatever reason." He didn't know what that reason might be, part of him kind of feared it was just out of duty to her people, but that might just be James being cynical. "Down the road I guess the kid will need to have some honest conversations about where she came from, but for now she should just be happy. She's a baby, she deserves to be sheltered from all that for a while."
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:32 am

"Yeah good luck with that." Esk shrugged, he WAS cynical. "Starr made a choice, that's on her. Just gotta... I dunno, hope she's a better person than my mother was. Not that that's hard." He snorted and put his feet up on the table. "Blaming yourself for shit you can't change helps nothing James, you just get yourself all wrapped up in angst and bullshit. Shit happens right? Blame the people who did it if you gotta blame anyone. Wallowing in self pity is just self serving, and really fucking annoying."
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:49 am

"I know, man." James shook his head, he knew it didn't make sense to feel guilty about this, but he couldn't help it currently. Just ugh... poor Starr.
"You're worried Starr will be like your mom?" he asked. "I don't think she'd do that. Starr might not be happy about this, but she's not going to let her kid suffer for that." No, Starr was way too kind a person to hurt a child that way. He was sure of it.
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:55 am

"Not worried." Esk shrugged again. "More, just aware of how shit it's gonna be for both of them. Starr seems like a fairly good person but there's only so much you can lie to yourself and only so much you repress you know? Maybe she won't take it out on the kid, but the kid is a constant reminder of what was done to her. Not just for her, but for everyone here. It's a shit position to be in. "
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:03 pm

"Yeah." James looked glum. "You're right." This hatching was depressing on so many levels. "I mean I guess at least the kid isn't alone? All the star dragon babies right now have that same background as her. Or maybe that makes it worse." He really wasn't sure. God, the poor star dragons had been treated so horribly.
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:15 pm

"good point." Esk conceeded. "Shit being a star dragon sucks." He shook his head. "and their best hope is my asshole father? Great. He's gonna find some way to twist it to something awful, I know he will. " Eugh, that was depressing. "I'm gonna go shoot things." He stood up, tucking the earbuds and player into a pocket.
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:29 pm

"Well, maybe it'll get better. Someday," James said doubtfully. "You might be right about your dad, although he'd have to be pretty stupid to piss off the star dragons."
"Have fun shooting stuff," he added.
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:42 pm

Esk shrugged. "Maybe they'll do us all a favour and hurl him into a sun or something." That made him feel a little better.
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:53 pm

"Yay, a bright side to working with that guy," James said halfheartedly.
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:03 pm

Esk snorted. "don't mope." He told James flatly and headed for the door.
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:08 pm

"You too," James said. He watched Esk go, then would probably wander off to explore the ship some more, going anywhere but the level where the dragons lived.
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 26 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum