Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

4 posters

Page 34 of 39 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 39  Next

Go down

UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX - Page 34 Empty UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

Post by Kooshie Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

Ethan nodded. "I guess that makes sense. Do they execute the ruler, or do they have to keep them alive?" He probably had too many questions.

~~
"Oh, I know that feeling," Vestia said sympathetically. She watched Amari snooze. Aww.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX - Page 34 Empty Re: UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

Post by Kooshie Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:52 am

"The attitude isn't entirely hostile. I don't think anyone's thrilled to have Amari stay, they're all concerned about the risks, but nobody I've talked to has flatly opposed having him on board," Asher said. "Which is about as much support as I hoped for."

Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX - Page 34 Empty Re: UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:54 am

Esk nodded and went back to the game. He didn't really seem to care much either way.

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:10 am

Asher headed for the door. "Welcome back again, guys. We missed you."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:31 am

Esk snickered, yeah he didn't believe that for a minute.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:42 am

"Most, there are a few exceptions, like my little sister." Skye replied softly.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:43 am

Dawn smiled at Asher "Thanks Asher, I'm glad to be back too."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:47 am

Asher got the door open, and left Dawn and Esk to their game. He supposed he'd better go find Luka, she was the last one he was worried about not being okay with Amari being on board.

~~
"Yeah, some artuvians do have magic and telepathy, but most of them don't," James said. "It's complicated, we don't really understand it."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:58 am

Luka was having a nap in her room.

---

Ivor nodded slowly. "Exceptions to every rule..." he murmured.

"Sister magic?" Silence asked abruptly.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:11 pm

Asher considered his options. Hmm. Better to bother Luka now, when he'd be waking her up? Or better to wait, and risk her possibly being very angry later?

He decided he probably shouldn't bother her right now. He'd wait til she woke up, and tell her then, and hope she wouldn't be too mad. Sigh.

He went to see Marcus next.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:07 pm

Marcus would of in the time Asher spoke to people talked to Amari, he spoke in common so Vestia wouldn't of thought he said anything questionable. Like he promised Kay he told Amari the truth, the reason why and that no one on the ship 'owns' him. Amari would listen but there was partial panic at the thought of "freedom" and marcus wouldn't push it in fear of possibly triggering a panic attack. Asher would find him back in his room, looking at his pendant locket which held a holophoto of his family.

Admin
Admin

https://vestiaswanderings.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:14 pm

Asher knocked lightly at the door. "Marcus? It's me again," he said.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:18 pm

Skye dipped her head in a nod "Yeah, she does have magic, that's not good for our people. Artuvians with magic are persecuted."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:49 pm

"The artuvians have a god who says not being magical is better, right?" James said. "So it's hard to be an artuvian with magic." He sighed. "You won't be able to meet her sister for a while, Silence, she's far away in the imperium right now."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:07 pm

Kooshie wrote:Asher knocked lightly at the door. "Marcus? It's me again," he said.
Marcus looked up, placing the open pendant down as he got it, "Hey." The Arran moved to open the door all the way.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:10 pm

Asher wheeled in, smiling a bit in greeting, although he looked a little unsure. This was a very odd situation to be in, after all. "I have the tablet for you to write everything down on," he said. "Have you spoken to Amari yet?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:23 pm

"Yes, I have. Vestia can confirm." He nodded heading to close the pendant, it was of him, his wife who was a shard, and their four hybrid children. Three were male and one female all adults hut of varing ages. "Do you have the ability to translate Arran from hand writings?"

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:30 pm

"I can translate from arran, yes," Vestia said helpfully.

Asher looked at the pendant curiously, but didn't ask about it. He figured Marcus probably liked some privacy about the people he cared about. "How did Amari react to what you told him?" he asked softly, holding out the tablet for Marcus.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:10 pm

"dumb god." Silence remarked.

"Are... they scared of her?" Ivor asked, he looked concerned. "They are in the Imperium? W.. why? Don't they... stand out?" He hugged himself, cradling his shriveled arm. "how did they get there?"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:38 pm

Marcus took the tablet and a seat, "Well enough considering the complexity of the issue. Had to be careful to not trigger a possible panic attack." He explained truthfully and nodded at Vestia before he started to write. Surprisingly Arran was a fluid and graceful style of writing. Marcus would pocket the pendant for now. "Anything specifice you want?"

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:40 pm

"In a way, but we actually have two gods, one is against magic, the other for it." Yeah, Skye wasn't going to get into Moone's theory. "We had a way to send them there safely, and a place there where no one is likely to try to go, so they are as safe as we could make them." And yes, even at that, she was still worried for the kids. "We couldn't keep them with us because we were fighting a war."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:52 pm

Asher nodded. "Amari really doesn't understand the situation well, and it's going to take a long time to help him to come to terms with his new life. Thank you for trying to discuss it with him." He looked thoughtful, "Please give us everything you know about his medical information. I know some of it already, but if there's anything else you know, I want to add it to our medical records. Also anything you know about his emotional needs, anything he might have difficulty with due to past trauma, whatever else you can think of. And of course, notes about arran behavior and instincts, and medical care."
He smiled softly, "I know that's a lot to ask, but we both want to give Amari the best chance possible at a good life, and any information you can supply will help."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:02 pm

Esk continued playing checkers with Dawn. He wasn't very good, or maybe he just wasn't overly interested. Either way, she'd probably win easily.

---

Silence tilted her head. Nope all seemed dumb to her.

"We don't have gods..." Ivor shook his head. "it's supposed to make things simpler." He smiled weakly. "you aren't still at war are you?" Now there was a sudden concern.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:07 pm

Marcus nodded, "understandable." It would take him a bit. Though in time he would write everything down. He also included information about Amari mother and what little he knew of her. Then he would give information about Amari abusive previous owner, so if Vestia crew ever ran into him that they would be able to care with the issue of he tried to take Amari back. "I also have both his and his mother's health file." He pulled out the pendant and flipped it to the otherside using his claws to pry it open he pulled out two data chips. "You can obviously scan these if you fear they are bugged."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:16 pm

"No, we aren't still at war. We kicked the asses of the bad guys, and now they're all dead or in prison," James said. Well, except for one keeper, but he didn't think they needed to mention that. "You should have seen Skye, she was like an angel of death dropping from the heavens on those monsters. And I was awesome too, I had a huge gun."

~~
Asher couldn't read the information of course, he'd have Vestia scan it in later. He took the data chips. "Thank you. We'll study all this information carefully. Do you think it's likely that Amari's old owner will try to find him again? We intend to keep him safe on Vestia, but we are a rather visible target if this monster might intend to cause trouble."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:20 pm

"I honestly do not know, he assumed I bought him for a 'pet' so I suspect if he learned it was for more 'good' reasoms he may cause trouble if he sees Amari. I did remove amd replace his slaver markers in his ears and nose. I hope one day that he'll allow them to be permanently removed." Marcus said leaning back in his chair flexing his hand. "I know little of Arran culture, I did write down contact information for someone who does... I just recommend not saying my name around him." He coughed.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:25 pm

Ivor looked bemused. "you don't look like soldiers."

"Safe here?" Silence asked.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:26 pm

"He sounds like an awful person," Asher said softly. "Slaver markers? You mean the piercings?" He had guessed Amari hadn't been the one who decided to get his ears and nose pierced, but still, it was unpleasant to hear that confirmed. Poor kid.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 39 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 39  Next