Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Planet Genesis -- The Capitol

5 posters

Page 2 of 35 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 35  Next

Go down

Planet Genesis -- The Capitol - Page 2 Empty Planet Genesis -- The Capitol

Post by Admin Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:36 pm

First topic message reminder :

She chuckled, "It is, trust me I been there." Softly her face faltered before returning back to normal. "anyway... i uh have no clue what else to ask." Thaila said sheepishly.

Admin
Admin

https://vestiaswanderings.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Planet Genesis -- The Capitol - Page 2 Empty Re: Planet Genesis -- The Capitol

Post by Admin Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:08 am

Thaila smirked and took the drink, "I could always start asking." She teased matthew, "Specially about your worse exes and the like."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:29 am

Ethan rubbed the bridge of his nose tiredly. Seriously? "Don't you both have better things to do than argue ignorantly about racial superiority?" He said. "Hewitt was only saying Terran bodily fluids are gross, Sonata, and he's not wrong."

Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:02 am

"I'm not the one claiming all plants are the same." Hewitt sniffed.

Amity shook his head. "Aketi love to debate." He explained to Sonata. "and argue, and fight. It seems to be a sort of social passtime."

"It's a damn fine passtime, keeps the mind active." Hewitt said.

---

Matt made a face. "I think Kay already told all those stories."

Web looked bemused. "I remember the mantis woman and that very very angry young lady who didn't just throw her drink in your face but attempted to stab you with the bottle..."

"oh yeaaaah. You're forgetting the acid dragon." Matt laughed.

"I don't think I was there for that one." Web looked at his brother with tired amusement, then back to Thalia. "Unfortunately the majority of Matt's more interesting adventures, particularly those with members of the opposite sex happened after we parted company."

"Man you missed some good times." Matt chuckled.

Web looked skeptical. "You and I have a very different definition of good dear brother."

Matt made a face at him. "Okay fine Mr doesn't know how to have fun, why don't you tell us what you've been doing for the past... how long has it been?"

"Four years I believe, though I admit it's not so easy to keep track of such things when you have no obvious day and night cycle." Web shook his head.

"Maan, we did a lot in four years... sheesh."

"yes, clearly it's been a very eventful time for you all".
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:05 am

"I probably have numerous stories I could share about my aibling." Thaila weakily mused, she had stop calling her sister Sulon by her actual name a few months ago, simply saying sibling as it was more detaching then saying her real name. She shook her head, "Four years, and Kay hasn't manage to kill him. That a miracle in itself."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:13 am

"Who says we were arguing?" Sonata chuckled, "I was just having a friendly, somewhat heated chat. Unless that's unwelcome, Professor?" She took a small bite of the candy before freezing with her eyes wide, and quickly took another bite. She shuddered at what Hewitt conversed of, but forced an awkward smile, "Is... is that right?"

Kelli grinned a toothy grin. "Hello!"

~~~~~~

The infected nymph shook his head, "No, not a god, not technically.

"Aisling is what we like to call an Elderbeast; a spirit born during the time of Creation, amongst the light and dark with the Creator's and the Grims. Each Elderbeast has its own unique power. The ones the kitsune worship grant things like unwavering hope and unbreakable fortitude. Aisling, the Spirit of Unrelenting Will, can grant the power of relentless will so strongly that anyone who wills it can achieve what they desire. We desire to overcome our infection and cure ourselves, and with her magic, if we find her again, we can discard the virus and dispel it from our bodies."
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:27 am

"you have a sibling?" Web asked, hey yet another thing Matt hadn't mentioned.

Matt tensed, shaking his head.

---

"What's wrong Mammal? You suddenly look uncomfortable." Hewitt sounded unpleasantly happy about that.

---

Armin bowed his head. "Hello little one." He crouched a bit to be more at her level. "My name is Armin."

---

Mourn blinked a few times, trying to make sense of that.

"This entity has the power to magically purge you of disease? Why did they not do so when you last met? Where did they go? Is it all just a myth?" Swarm asked in hurried and excited multiple voices.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:50 am

Ethan frowned. He really wasn't entirely sure what the difference between a heated chat and a fight was, in his limited experience, the former usually turned into the latter, and someone usually ended up hurt. "Okay then, have at it," he said. He rolled his eyes at Hewitt's smugness.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:50 am

Quinn The Fox wrote:
Calmly, Titanus stepped forward. He rested the bridge of his nose on Starr's palm.

Greetings, Star-Maker.

The voice spoken back to her in her head was pleasant and gentlemanly, as if it were brought up on high societal manners.
Starr smiled at the greeting. I am called Starr, greetings Titanus She didn't know any titles to give him, or if he used any.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:52 am

"Professor Hewitt, I am what you'd call an outlier amongst my species. While most grow old and die, I am perpetually suspended in one period of my lifetime. I have outlived thousands of generations as my body seems to perfectly replicate itself through every cycle of regrowth, to which I've only found out through my lack of scarring." She sighed her form slumping a bit, "But my mind does not keep pace with my body. Memory is important to me. As I will outlive most of my friends here should nothing unfortunate happen, my greatest fear, and reality, is that I may one day forget them."

~~~~~~

"I'm Kelli, and this is Heather." Kelli introduced herself and her partner gleefully.

~~~~~~

"Alas, with the growing resentment of wolves during the elven epidemic, a mob took form and attacked her during her stay at their kingdoms, since she takes the form of a great golden and celestial wolf. Her power, while strong enough to cure anything, requires the individual to be at peace, and during her stay, she stressed this. But no one can be at peace during such an epidemic, and so... it is said they killed her." He took a heavy and ragged breath.

"But Lupa is under the belief that Aisling did not perish. She believes she will return."

~~~~~~

The wolf bowed his head once, We have heard stories of your kin. It is an honor to see you walk freely.
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:52 am

"I...did."Thaila said simply, softly looking away while taking a long drink.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:12 am

"oh." Web bowed his head. "I am sorry."

"Topic change!" Matt declared. "How's the punch?"

---

"An entity that powerful, it seems unlikely could be killed so mundanely..." Swarm mused. "Why do you not seek her out? There must be stories, sightings, something."

"Giant wolf not easy hide." Mourn nodded.

---

Armin nodded and bowed his head once more. "It is a pleasure to meet you both." he told them. "Your companion is a direwolf yes? I do not recognize your race though, I applogise."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:24 am

"Good." She gave Mattias a thankful smile, "Wish you could actually try it."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:25 am

Ethan looked at Sonata, confused. "What does that have to do with anything?" he asked. He really didn't see where Sonata's fears about forgetting fit into this conversation.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:31 am

"Entities tend to be pretty powerful when you're born at the beginning of Time." The infected smiled at Swarm. "We believe she is still out there, but Elderbeasts are unpredictable. One day she will return on her own accord, I am sure of it."

~~~~~~

"Mhm," Kelli told Armin happily, "That's because my brother and I are the first of our kind. Our parents are Anamcara but somehow the infection allowed them to have feelings for each other and have babies, so here we are! We don't have a name though, so right now they're just calling us Species A-001, though I think they're deciding on a name soon."
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:33 am

Sonata looked at Ethan. "Memory, Ethan. Memory." She said softly, "Perhaps it is a norm to forget your life in Professor's culture should the situation prove more logically efficient, but I would be terrified of losing my memory..."
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:36 am

Ethan frowned, then finally caught up. "Oh, you're talking about the cuttings they took from the dead Aketi?" he said. "Nothing wrong with that, they were dead anyway, so at least part of them is left now and can grow again, right?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:37 am

Quinn The Fox wrote:
The wolf bowed his head once, We have heard stories of your kin. It is an honor to see you walk freely.
Yes, I have remained free and am going to get my people free Starr said with determination then a sigh But we may have to fight the Family before I can even work to that goal.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:38 am

"technically I COULD..." Matt pointed out. "just probably isn't worth the stomach pain." He laughed. "I'm used to it man."

---

"have you considered keeping journals?" Hewitt asked, he didn't sound much like he cared about her problems. "Or just not worrying about it? You'll outlive them, they'll die, rot away, become mulch. You'll meet new people, and so again and around it goes."

Amity tilted his head. "I don't think I understand."

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:41 am

Mourn shrugged. "Maybe no so wise wait forever for magical wolf god though."

"Would you all really want to be cured if you've come to accept the beast as part of yourselves? As a strength to be embraced? " Swarm asked.

---

Armin nodded. "That isn't a very eloquent name is it?" He chuckled. "You and your brother must be very special indeed then." He tilted his head at her. "Infection? Do you mean Lycanthropy?"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:47 pm

Sawna looked to Aramin and nodded to his question "Yes, though not the same kind as Kay, since they were born to it."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:04 am

"Born of two magical beings as well." Armin mused. "Extraordinary."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:01 pm

The Family. Titanus made a statement, not a question. I wish you luck on your endeavors, Starr, and that you find the will withing you to do it. Aisling guides you.

~~~~~~

"I... do have a scrapbook. A few, actually." Sonata admitted, before laughing, "But some of them are quite old and written in languages forgotten to time. I had hoped to re-teach myself thanks to the Guild's Archive."

~~~~~~

"Oh, heaven's no!" The nymph looked startled at Swarm's question, "We revere the wolf because we find it a symbol of will to overcome, but the beast is to be purged because it is a symbol of will to be overcome, get it?" He smiled warmly, "The wolf is strength, the beast is weakness. They are two entities, merged into one, and the one that grows is the one we feed, and once we are cured, the Stormhowl will continue as a new culture, and search out others who wish to find internal peace as a way to tame the beast within them..."

~~~~~~

Kelli grinned at Armin, nodding. "Jason bets me that we might one day have magic of our own. I don't think we will, but when we reach old enough, one of us is gonna have to do all the chores for a whole year!"
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:06 pm

Ethan smiled oddly. "Forgetting things has its uses, too." He looked curious, "Must be odd to look back at your scrapbooks. Did you ever write regrettable poetry? I've heard people often do that in their youth."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:15 pm

"Come on, Mandeep! You're really slow today! Your attire looks fine!" Chou's bubbled laughter echoed faintly among the crowd as the Foxfire Crew and guest weaved through the gathering people.

"I hardly call this a-appropriate!" The kevali hissed, hiding his flushed face as he was practically dragged around the place, no longer confined to a wheelchair but forced to hold onto a cane, 'just in case' as Chou put it. He was dressed in a cultural attire not fit for him, the traditional men's kimono outfitted a bit strangely as someone took the time to fix it to where his extra spikes could slide through, and he didn't have a gaping hole in the back of it so non-existent tails could slide through.

"I wonder if they'll have some recipes to give at whatever food they'll serve..." Akane said dreamily before she was interrupted by one of the three pilots, who laughed and already had a fruity alcoholic drink in his hand, "Forget the food, I want to see the competitions. We should get to the Ampitheatre before it starts for good seats."

"I'd think food very important." Mandeep frowned, before a second of the three pilots slapped him on the back, chuckling. "You think too much! Just enjoy!" They began to drag him off again, but not alone, as a cloaked figure silently followed them...

~~~~~~

Sonata chuckled, "We'll have to find out, when I'm able to refresh on my cuneiform languages again."
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:20 pm

Ethan imagined a younger, angstier Sonata who scrapbooked moody poetry, 'deep' quotes, and vague remarks like the teen girls he read about in some of his middle grade fiction books, and couldn't hide his amusement. "I'd pay good money to read that," he said.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:31 pm

"Remembering everything could lead to undesirable traits, regularly forgetting is better for the stability of the mind." Amity nodded.

Hewitt couldn't help but laugh. "The drone makes an interesting point though. My memory isn't what it used to be after two centuries, but there's always things worth forgetting. " He shook his head. "What if you don't like what you read?"

---

Armin bowed his head again. "Now that is an interesting bet. I wish you luck. Just remember, not all magic is obvious."

---

Matt looked around. "So, the girl at the drinks counter said there were... shows and contests? Wanna go watch some magical jousting?"

Web tilted his head. "Magical jousting?"

"Okay so I have no idea what the contests ARE but hey, it's a thing to do right?" He grinned to Thalia. "And something that can be done sitting down." He nodded.

--

Mourn shrugged. "long as no go around biting people." He snickered.

Swarm shook their head. "Then we shall hope that it works for you. "
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:32 pm

Thaila chuckled, "I'll do whatever you two wanna do okay?"

Admin
Admin