Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hytar's Ship

4 posters

Page 12 of 41 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 41  Next

Go down

Hytar's Ship - Page 12 Empty Hytar's Ship

Post by Admin Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:27 am

First topic message reminder :

Vicky was busy setting up her quarters, after some negotiations and the like she had join Hytar group for a while. Busily she set up her gaming system, though knew since the new upgrade she wouldn't be playing all night. While many races found sleep annoying she found it delightful being able to do it now.

Admin
Admin

https://vestiaswanderings.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Hytar's Ship - Page 12 Empty Re: Hytar's Ship

Post by Kooshie Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:55 pm

James did his very best to not look like the kid weirded him out. "Yeah man, I'm an android. We're telepathically silent." He frowned as Ivor freaked out, "Is he okay? Would an anti-magic charm help?"

Tala watched silently. She found this all rather interesting, if silly.

Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:17 pm

Ivor calmed down, slightly as the girl let him go.

"Con.. constant.. the noise.. wht.. what bracelet?"

Hytar licked the sugar off his fingers. "assss you can sssee, he needssss help. They had him in an asssylum, thought he wassss jusssst insssane. "

"they?" Luka asked.

Hytar nodded. "Oh yessss, he'sss Hexenfolke. Curiousss issssn't it? What are the oddsssss of two of them? " He smirked.

"What do you mean?" "two of whom?" Swarm asked.

Ivor clutched his head again.

"Ssssilence, take him back to hissss room will you." Hytar told the girl. "Keep him calm." He looked to James. "Unfortunately the lack of any noisssse is even more disssstresssing to him, he needssss to learn control, but Sssilence and her mother have been unable to help asss much assss I had hoped. They aren't experienced enough in dealing with a half breed ssssuch as he, hissss sssspecific needssss are unique to him and require the assssissstance of sssomeone quite creative and magically adept."

Silence took Ivor and left the room again. The boy was whimpering.

"in hisss current sssstate asss you can well imagine, he isss a liability." Hytar continued.

"Why are you helping him? What's in it for you? What's his relationship to you?" Luka asked. she didn't trust this man, at all. He had to have some angle.

"Doesss it matter?" Hytar asked. "You want to help do you not? I can ssssee it on your facessss." He chuckled. "Do asss I asssk and you ssshall get your dragonssss."

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:27 pm

"half hexenfolke, half shifter?" James asked. He didn't know a ton about Kay's dad's species, but he knew what they were called. "Silence is a full blooded shifter?" He asked curiously. Hey, with those eyes and the telepathy, what else could they be?

"This is the only offer you're willing to make? We would like to know any other options you have," Tala asked Hytar. She could imagine Ivor being a huge liability to her crew, too.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:29 pm

"All the slaves there, and possibly further places as they are found." Rigel said, looking to Hytar again "We have the resources and personnel to help the child."

Shane nodded, watching the child, but making his own mind silent while he was in the room.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:54 am

Hytar smiled to Tala. "It isss the besssst offer you'll get. " He looked amused, seemed the rest of her crew had already decided.
He looked back to Rigel. "I will bring you asss many of thosssse in the Hold as I can, further misssionssss will be dissscussssed and arranged at a later date. " He knew full well they needed his help, which gave him a bargaining chip.
He glanced over to James. "Yesss, and given how rare Sssshiftersss are sssince their exodussss, I don't believe it'sss a coincidence."

"And the girl?" Luka asked, was James right?

"Your android friend issss correct." Hytar confirmed.

"Can she speak?" "out loud?" "verbally?" Swarm asked.

"I don't know, sssshe never hassss." Hytar shrugged.

"Why do they matter?" Luka asked suspiciously.

"Ssssilencesss mother isss a very ussseful assset to me, ssshe dessssiressss their sssafety. Ssshe wantsss them trained ssso they can defend themsssselvesss, or hide." Hytar explained calmly. He probably wasn't giving the whole story. But he wasn't lying either.

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:39 am

Tala snorted softly. It really didn't seem like her crew were interested in exploring other options, they just wanted to take the kids and go. Typical.
"Do they have any behavioral disorders that could be detrimental to us?" She asked Hytar. "Stealing? Anger management? Running away? Some other issue?" She was going to be cautious, even if no one else would be.

James looked fascinated. A full blooded shifter! Maybe these guys could tell them a bit more about Kay's species, that could be useful for the medical notes, and pretty interesting in general. "Man, that's awesome. We have room for a few more people on the Silver Devil, right, Rigel?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:56 am

"It'll be tight quarters on the Devil, but they will be able to have a room to themselves when we get home" Rigel said, looking to Tala then back to Hytar, she did have good questions.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:56 am

Hytar looked at Tala, amused. "No, no theft, no rage, no fleeing. Ivor ssseemssss more... nervoussss and ssscared of mossst thingsss but he isss not, that I have obssserved, particularly hossstile. Sssilence issss very good at calming him down before anything happensss."

Well that sounded ominous.

Hytar slid a contract across the table to Rigel. "you may asssk them theirsssselvessss if you really wissssh. But i believe they will prove to be more ussseful with adequate training." Hytar smiled his unpleasant smug smile.

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:59 am

Rigel looked at the contract, reading it over for any way this could backfire or harm them, though it seemed pretty straightforward.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:00 am

Tala looked suspicious. Hytar did have a reputation, plus of course, you just couldn't trust a guy who was trying to dump weird kids on you. She glared at the contract, wishing she could actually read well enough to read it. Stupid words, they never seemed to want to hold still! "Yes, I should like one of us to speak with them," she said.

James went over to try and have a look at the contract.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:13 am

Rigel let James read along with him, though he was ready to sign. He figured at least one of them was the child of Hytar if not both, either that or related in another way.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:17 am

Hytar nodded. "Assss you wisssh. " He gestured to the door. "be my guessst. Third door down."

The contract was pretty straightforward, it said basically what he'd already stated. In return for doing this job for them, freeing the dragons of avalore Hold and bringing them to a prearranged place to be handed over, he requested the individuals known as Ivor Haugen and 'Silence' be taken by the crew of the Silver Devil, kept safe and found an appropriate tutor. It also specified they ensure the pair remained WITH the crew and were not simply dumped elsewhere.

Hytar had even written in the stipulation that he was to rescue as many slaves 'As possible'.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:20 am

Tala went off to go see Ivor and Silence. Although she was sure Rigel would have signed before she came back out, bah.

James read carefully over Rigel's shoulder, trying to find any suspicious wording. He didn't see anything though, hmm.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:30 am

Rigel tapped on that sentence "I can understand the 'not dumping them off' somewhere part, but I have to say, we are three crews on the main ship, so they might not be with this crew in particular especially for the tutor. We have another mission to pick up our kids that may require some of our people be left in a safe place until we are together again, but we can say we will do everything in our power to keep them safe and teach them to control their powers." He said and looked back to Hytar at the amendment. They had a lot of other missions that might require some be left in a safe place for a time.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:57 am

Hytar nodded. "Ssso long asss sssomeone remainsss with them and there isss the expectation of returning, I sssee no problem with thisss." He didn't much care what their missions were.

---

Silence was sitting opposite Ivor when Tala came knocking. She looked up, eyes narrowing.

Ivor kept his head down. <<She wants to question us... >> he mumbled.

Silence stood and opened the door, staring up at Tala skeptically.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:16 pm

James nodded. "We're good at looking after odd kids. This should be fine. And we're all obsessed with doing the right thing, so you can be sure they'll be as safe as we can make them."

~~
"Greetings," Tala said. "I wish to speak with you prior to the signing of the agreement. How old are you, have you any habits we should know of, and will you cause difficulties in the confined space of a small ship?"
She didn't try to block her mind, although she didn't try to broadcast her thoughts either. It wasn't like there was much in her mind that she didn't just say out loud.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:24 pm

Ivor stared at her. She was pretty intimidating.

Silence moved aside so Tala could come inside. She still looked unimpressed.

"i.. Uh.. I... i am... twenty?" Ivor wasn't entirely sure. "i don't... know how to answer.. you are going to take us with you? Your friends want to, but they don't trust the man."

Silence sat back down.

"Why?" Ivor asked Tala.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:36 pm

Tala went into the room, looking at the two thoughtfully. She didn't seem hostile, just wary about the strange new passengers they were supposed to be taking on. "Hytar wishes us to take you both with us on our ship, to protect and teach you," Tala said, "It is part of a deal we are negotiating." She snorted softly, "If you are prone to stealing or violence, we wish to know."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:40 pm

Ivor shook his head, hugging himself. "no.. no.. nothing... don't like hurt. "

Silence also shook her head, but made no sound.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:42 pm

Tala nodded. "Good." She looked to Silence, "Do you speak telepathically?" Maybe she was like Kay, and was mute but spoke mind-to-mind. Supposedly they shared a common species, although they didn't really smell much alike, so it was sensible to ask.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:52 pm

Silence nodded slowly, but didn't look much like she wanted to talk.

"She... doesn't like to speak to strangers..." Ivor explained. "Her.. her race can't talk out loud... she never learned how in other forms. " He winced. "You're very loud." He complained, he might have been talking about her thoughts not her voice though. Hard to tell.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:00 pm

"That is unfortunate. Fair enough though, it is not right to speak telepathically without permission." Tala nodded to Silence. Her ears twitched at Ivor's remark, "My species are not known to be soft of voice. It is a trait of our throat structure, the biologists say."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:04 pm

Ivor cringed. "What.. do you want?" He seemed overly wary of her.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:10 pm

"I want to ensure that my crew will be safe," Tala said. "They are often prone to acts of inadvisable generosity, and I do not wish to see them taken advantage of. So long as you two are not a threat to us, I am not a threat to you." She cow-smiled. With her single row of teeth, it probably looked kind of weird.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:12 pm

Ivor cringed away from her.

Silence moved to his side, looking protective. She glared at Tala.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:16 pm

"You are safe," Tala said, trying to make her thoughts sound reassuring since Ivor was probably hearing them all. "I will tell the others that I believe you both to be satisfactory." She really wasn't good at the whole being nice thing. Oops.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:18 pm

Ivor looked terrified. Silence grit her teeth and nodded to Tala.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 41 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 41  Next