Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upon Vestia: Chapter Seventeen

4 posters

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Seventeen - Page 10 Empty Upon Vestia: Chapter Seventeen

Post by Kooshie Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:45 pm

First topic message reminder :

Kay always tried so hard to be sensible and pragmatic. Asher had always loved that about him, and he loved it just as much now. He smiled softly. "No, you're definitely not alone in this."
He wasn't going to leave Kay to look after this little dragon alone. He'd gotten the guy into this situation, so now it was his job to do everything he could to help. Did that make him the other father here? Maybe. This was thoroughly confusing and he was going to need to think it over at some point. "If it wasn't already obvious, I'm here for you. Both of you," he said.

~~
Tala snorted weakly. "I do not like that butterfly well." She let Shane help her.

Last edited by Kooshie on Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Seventeen - Page 10 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Seventeen

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:31 pm

[It is, it's quite remarkable really. I'm extraordinarily envious of your patience for stupidity.] He shrugged at the question. [Maybe we should go see how Starr is doing.] He still felt a bit guilty about just running off on her.

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Seventeen - Page 10 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Seventeen

Post by Starrnico Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:34 pm

flying_purple_monkfish wrote:"How much do they need to know about a species to look like them?"  Luka was facinated, but also kinda freaked out by shapeshifters. She did manage to look sympathetic about the dragon's injury though. "Ouch."
"Quite a bit, we have to learn a lot about the species before we can take any form that isn't ours." Starr answered then shrugged.

Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:38 pm

Asher chuckled. "Your admire my tolerance and I admire your willingness to show annoyance. Funny how that works." He looked at Kay uncertainly, "We don't have to rush back. They're okay, I'm sure."

~~
"Like how many brains they have?" James asked, thinking of the vavare.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:43 pm

Luka frowned. "How much though? like, culture, or just biological stuff? If you studied a big medical encylopedia of xenobiology would that be good enough?" She was super curious okay?

---

Armin had finished making a sort of sling carrier, with reinforced seams so it would support a great deal of weight while hopefully distributing that weight comfortably across the wearer's back and shoulders.

He stretched, crouching in one position for so long wasn't good for his limbs, particularly not his damaged one. He hissed softly in pain as he rose, picking up the sling and limping a little heavier than usual, he headed to Starr's room to give it to her.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:46 pm

"Yeah, home many brains they have is important to know, how they move, all the physical characteristics and everything we can." Starr said and looked to Luka. "A book is not enough, we have to see and study the physical movements also."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:58 pm

"Could you learn from another shapeshifter? If they'd perfected it?" Luka was just full of questions today.

Armin knocked on the door.

--

Kay nodded. [I know, i'm sure if they weren't she'd have called. Still... ]
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:03 pm

"Yes, if they take the form and tell us everything about the species." Starr said then looked to the door, which hadn't shut yet. "Aramin.please come in"
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:06 pm

Armin bowed his head. "I do not wish to intrude..."

Luka looked over at him, he still kinda freaked her out. It was the mask, and all those legs.. yeesh.

Her bowed his head to Luka and James as well.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:13 pm

"You are not intruding." Starr said as she stood, moving a bit away from the babies to take her angel form "Did you come to see the babies?"
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:17 pm

Armin nodded. "And also to bring you this." He held up the sling. "The final one has hatched." He observed, coming into the room. "I should congratulate you formally, one free star dragon is honour enough, three more born out of bonds is an incredible blessing." He bowed his head again and murmured "praise the weaver."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:24 pm

Starr dipped her head and smiled. "Praise the Weaver." She agreed softly then came over to look at the bag before lifting up the boy so Aramin could see him.

The boy chirped at Aramin curiously, watching his eyes and the mask.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:28 pm

Armin watched the boy, bowing his head to him. "Hello little dragon." He told the child. He wasn't totally sure how to talk to the infants, he looked a bit flustered.

Luka looked amused. "Relax spider guy, they're just babies."

"They are most sacred Star Dragons." Armin corrected her, not taking his many eyes off the infant.

Luka chuckled. The Vavare idolising of Dragons bewildered her, but it was quite amusing to see a monster, from her perspective, so in awe and slightly wary of such non threatening looking babies.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:37 pm

The boy chirped at him as Starr chuckled softly. "They only understand emotions right now, not words." She informed gently. "They have only hatched today." She was clearly am mused by this.

The older girl was looking at Luka and chirping at her curiously.

The younger girl was looking at James curiously
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:40 pm

"Why are they staring at us?" luka asked warily.

"Perhaps they like you." Armin suggested. "or find your emotions interesting." He bowed his head at the little boy once more. "May the Weaver watch over all three of you most blessed creatures" He murmured in prayer.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:51 pm

"They want to be held." Starr answered and smiled at Luka. "Also, they see everyone big as food givers right now."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:07 pm

"I suppose it would be good to check in," Asher agreed.

~~
James looked at the dragon who was eyeing him, and smiled. "They're so dang cute. It's okay to hold her?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:12 pm

"Don't all babies?" Luka remarked. She looked reluctant to hold the child though, and instead tentatively reached out and patted one on the head.
She looked like she expected to be nipped.

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:16 pm

"Yes, it is alright to hold them, their scales have hardened to protect them." Starr answered and smiled at Luka's patting the older girl. "I really should give them names."

The older girl chirped again, her head moving with the patting before she tried to walk closer, almost falling as she did.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:19 pm

James picked up the younger girl so, so carefully. "Hey kid, I guess I'm your brother now, what do you think of that?" He asked her.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:21 pm

The girl chirped at James, sniffing his hand then rubbing her head against his skin
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:47 pm

"Brother?" Luka asked. She watched the girl one approach warily but didn't get out of the way of her. She was nervous though.

Armin nodded. "Have you any ideas of names yet Miss Starr?" He asked politely.

--

Kay nodded and looked around. [How do we get back?] He was a little disoriented now.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:59 pm

James smiled. "Starr adopted Asher, and I'm Asher's brother, and these are Starr's kids. Math!" He petted the little dragon's back.

~~
"Hmm," Asher said, "I think it would be this way. I'm definitely not lost this time." He headed in the direction he suspected a teleporter would be.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:01 pm

"That's not math!" Luka protested, looking amused. "Goodness, you kids have the wierdest family tree."

---

Kay looked amused. [No, of course not.] Nope, never lost.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:05 pm

"It's, like, family tree calculus or something! I'm not a math guy!" James said. "Yeah, it's weird as heck. These guys technically are already uncles and aunts to the android's Lark's raising." He nodded sagely.

~~
Asher looked pleased and headed down a street.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:19 pm

"My head hurts." Luka complained.

Armin chuckled. "Large extended families and complicated relations are a very common occurrence amongst Vavare, with three fathers we have a great number of half siblings and there are still those who engage in even more open relationship where each male has multiple females as well. "

"So everyone's just sleeping with everyone else?" Luka asked.

Armin chuckled. "I have never understood that colloquialism. From what I understand of the matter, sleep is very much not happening."

Luka burst into laughter, then looked at the babies and covered her mouth.

---

Kay followed, looking around and trying to see if anything felt familiar. Hmm.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:22 pm

"It is a good thing they are as young as they are." Starr commented, watching as the babies settled where they were to sleep again.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:23 pm

James snickered. "Sure sounds like you guys have fun. Don't listen, babies! Stay innocent!"

~~
Eventually Asher did locate a teleporter. Yay!
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next