Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Guild Capitol: Chapter Two

4 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

The Guild Capitol: Chapter Two - Page 37 Empty The Guild Capitol: Chapter Two

Post by Starrnico Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:20 pm

First topic message reminder :

"Now we can find something for kids." Dawn said and moved to look around the place.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

The Guild Capitol: Chapter Two - Page 37 Empty Re: The Guild Capitol: Chapter Two

Post by Kooshie Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:57 pm

Asher smiled softly back. It was pretty clear something was on Kay's mind, but he didn't look like he wanted help right now. Probably best to let Kay decide if he needed anything.

~~
Orel laughed. "Probably not, the other competitors are pretty good. It's fun anyway though." He picked up his car, and headed out of his room, holding the door for Skye.

Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

The Guild Capitol: Chapter Two - Page 37 Empty Re: The Guild Capitol: Chapter Two

Post by Starrnico Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:00 pm

Skye smiled and followed him out the door then looked to him again "I don't know, that is a pretty neat concept." She said, motioning to the car.

~~~
Starr glanced over to Kay and the baby, frowning a little then standing to come over to him "Is everything ok?" She asked softly.

Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:04 pm

Kay nodded. It's difficult to get used to someone else probing your thoughts and reading your mind. I've spent most of my life around people who aren't telepathic themselves, the last time someone read my mind... He averted his gaze. It's not her fault. He smiled sadly at the baby dragon .
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:06 pm

Orel smiled at Skye, blushing a bit. "Thanks, I'm glad you think so."

"You two are heading out?" Deryn asked, smiling at Skye and her son indiscriminately as they came into the living room.

"Yeah, I'll be back for dinner probably," Orel said.

"It was wonderful meeting you!" Deryn told Skye.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:12 pm

Starr nodded and glanced to the other two "Yes, though at this age the closest they can get to reading minds is emotions, maybe a simple word or two. In the days to come they will get better at that and have to be taught to close their minds to others. From what I can understand of it, it's like seeing through dirty glasses when they look at our minds." Starr explained

~~~
Skye smiled at his parents and waved "It was nice to meet you too" She said cheerfully
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:15 pm

Asher overheard a bit of what Starr said from where he was sitting. Oh dear.
He kept looking at books and tried to not listen in.

~~
Orel lead the way out of the apartment and onto the balcony.

"Come back any time!" Deryn called.

Orel closed the door, and lead the way into the sky.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:16 pm

Kay nodded. I think it's something we will both have to get used to. He looked awkward.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:18 pm

Skye waved to them again before following Orel into the sky and away from the apartments. She was so glad to have met all of them.

~~~
Starr nodded and smiled a little "Yes, but we can do this." She said reassuringly before picking up the books she had picked out "Want to head to the dragon section now?"
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:21 pm

Orel lead the way across the city to the science fair. He was used to navigating the city from above, and had no trouble locating the science fair's location. He flew down to land in an empty area and stepped aside for Skye to land too.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:23 pm

Skye followed him, watching the city to learn the ways to get from place to place. She circled once, giving him time to land and move before landing herself and folding her wings to her back as she looked around the area curiously
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:27 pm

Orel couldn't help admiring the way Skye landed. She flew so well, it was kind of hot to watch.
He looked away hastily, pretending to be interested in the other contestants' projects. He didn't want to make things awkward.
He set down his car and loaded up the program, sending it running off into the crowd.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:30 pm

Skye looked to him again and smiled "You sure it'll miss people?" She asked curiously, even if it wouldn't get crushed this time.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:39 pm

"Not sure at all. I changed the program a bit, but it's still just a little car with a couple of sensors. There's a reason why robots are so expensive, all those sensors and the computing power to use them is hard to get." Orel smiled, "But it'll do better, I think."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:40 pm

Skye nodded and smiled at that. She was glad it would do better this time around
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:00 pm

"So shall we look around?" Orel said, "There might be some new contestants today with cool projects."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:22 pm

Skye smiled at that and nodded "Yeah, let's see what's here" She said happily
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:26 pm

A short way away a short thorny looking creature was looking over the exhibits with a grim look on their face. Beside them hovered a tiny red and grey drone that hummed softly.

They seemed primarily interested in the engineering exhibits, pausing to talk to the entrant for a bit, then moving on with the shake of a head.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:36 pm

Orel lead the way down a row of tables, looking curiously at the selection of inventions people had made. There was a machine that folded origami, a tiny irrigation system, and a few other cars running around. Orel tried to summon his car back to see if it was okay, and amazingly it returned before long. He picked it up, relieved.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:38 pm

Skye was also glad the car returned unharmed this time. She smiled at him then looked around again, noticing the plant person and robot with it
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:52 pm

Orel followed Skye's gaze curiously. "Interesting," he said, "Is that guy a contestant?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:01 pm

Skye shrugged and looked back to Orel "Want to go ask him, or her?" Hm, how did one address a living plant?
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:03 pm

"Might as well," Orel said with a smile. He went over to the plant... person. "Hello, are you a contestant?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:05 pm

As the plant person approached it became clear they and the drone were having some sort of debate.

"W...With all d.. d... due respect..t..t sir." The drone spoke in a lagging stuttering way, like it was struggling to get the words out. "W.. we ss.. sh.. should b.. be be tr.. trying to find a w.. way t to to call home. N... not this."

"Nonsense my friend, We will BOTH get home. You mark my words, I will find a way to help you." The short creature sounded ancient, their voice practically creaked.

"i.. it really isn't n.. ne.. neccisary." The drone protested.

"No, but it's something I want to do. And aren't you supposed to do whatever I ask you to do?" The old creature countered.

The drone managed a vague bob. "w..within .. nnn.. r.. reas.. ssson s...s...sir."

"I don't much fancy being stuck here all on my own, so my friend, you will just have to keep going."

"as.. as... as you wi.. wish sir."

The elderly plant... man? looked up at Orel with eerily bright eyes. "Contestant? " They looked bemused. "Youngling, i'm too old for silly little contests like this." His eyes settled on the phone in his hands and the little car. "You an engineer?"

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:15 pm

Orel looked puzzled by what he overheard of the conversation, but he smiled. "I'm not one to presume the age of species I don't recognize," he said, "You could be super young for all I know." He shrugged, "Programmer, not really an engineer. You?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:16 pm

Skye stayed beside Orel, looking at the plant-person and the robot with a frown of concern for the thing. It didn't sound good with all that stuttering.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:21 pm

The old guy gave a wheezing laugh. "I'm long retired youngling, but once upon a time I studied the stars themselves. " He looked wistful for a moment, then shook his head. "What do you know about Lithium polymer batteries?"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:27 pm

"Rechargeable batteries?" Skye said quietly and looked at the robot then back to the plant person again
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next