Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good Cop Bad Cop: Chapter Two

3 posters

Page 17 of 34 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 34  Next

Go down

Good Cop Bad Cop: Chapter Two - Page 17 Empty Good Cop Bad Cop: Chapter Two

Post by Kooshie Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:24 am

First topic message reminder :

Ellie watched Shane suspiciously. Was he trying to teach her things again? Hmm.

Last edited by Kooshie on Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Good Cop Bad Cop: Chapter Two - Page 17 Empty Re: Good Cop Bad Cop: Chapter Two

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:15 pm

"Vestia? music?" Esk watched Dawn with mild concern. This probably wasn't entirely healthy but what could he do?
He got up to fetch another few bottles, opening one for himself as well.

"I'd argue this isn't a healthy way to deal with your problems but what the hell do I know, i'm not a therapist. " He shrugged. "That is my brother's talent." Yep, Matt was the one who talked to people and made them feel better. He just cleaned up the mess.

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:21 pm

"I think I deserve one unhealthy night after this long" Dawn said with a frown. She took another drink from the bottle. Yeah, she just wanted to forget for a little while, as long as she could really. She looked around the bar then grabbed a couple of bottles and made her way to a booth seat, that way if she passed out (likely) she wouldn't be too uncomfortable.

Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:26 pm

Esk remained where he was and sedately sipped his beer. He wasn't really sure what he could say or do here. Making people feel better was NOT something he knew how to fix. All this emotional crap, it was just confusing and awkward. He wondered if maybe he should get someone else to take over, but he also felt like he probably shouldn't leave her on her own. Emotionally unstable people did freaking stupid things, he had a little too much experience of that unfortunately.

"I'm not going to argue with that logic. Everyone needs a release I guess. "
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:45 pm

Dawn was quiet as she quickly finished off the first bottle then set it aside. She nodded as she opened the next, glaring at the first. She didn't feel any different, maybe because she drank it so fast? She took a long drink from the second bottle before speaking again. "I never can understand why, why them?" She asked angrily then huffed and looked back to the bottle again. She would work on peeling the label from the first as she finished off the second. "I was there too, you know. Leo forgot his boat at the river and went back for it. We heard him scream and mom stopped me at the hill before going down the rest of the way. She told me to stay down, but I went up enough to watch. That orb thing just sat on Leo until mom came up. She yelled at the thing to go away and tried to get to Leo to check on him, to help him, but they wouldn't let her. They killed her too, talking some nonsense about how they were hiding someone. I watched them and couldn't do anything. I watched them throw mom and Leo in the river then leave like nothing had happened there. I couldn't move, I couldn't help." Apparently she was a talker when drunk. She pushed the empty bottle away and went to open a third one, almost knocking it over in the process
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:53 pm

Esk nodded. "Would it have helped to be dead too?" He asked. "I mean, all things considered, your mother saved your life. Which is what.. mothers are supposed to do isn't it? Her death would be utterly pointless if you'd died too." He looked pained for a moment, and took a long swig of his drink to cover it up. "Shit happens, there's no reason, ever. It just... happens. Wrong place, wrong time, the luck of the draw, whatever." He waved a hand dismissively. "Here's the thing, you either dwell on it and let it kill you slowly bit by bit, or you say fuck it, and you look forward and try not to think. "
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:03 pm

Dawn sniffed and took a drink from that bottle "Can't forget it. I can't not think about it." She said then hit the table "I don't wanna think about it" Sudden wind surrounded her and picked up the empty bottles, tossing them across the room before it died down and she covered her face again
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:13 pm

Esk sort of backed off at her outburst, staring at her in alarm. "Dawn..." He tried to speak softly but it just came out flat and unnatural sounding as always. He really couldn't speak very normally. "I get it alright? Shit, I buried my own mother because my brothers couldn't. I had to go find her or.. what was left. It was horrific and i'd love to be able to purge it from my mind but it doesn't work that way." He finished his bottle and opened another, it was about the only way to deal with all this uncomfortable sharing. Eugh. "I hated my mother, she was a fucking bitch but.. she was still mother and her death was so fucking pointless. But they always are. You know, nobody ever dies for any good reason, it's always stupid. " he shrugged. "But I hate moping and I decided a long time ago that I wasn't going to let all the bullshit of my past take over, because if I did, i'd have no life. " He shook his head. "Dawn, i'm not good at this. Emotional support is not my strong suit. Hell, i'm probably the absolute worst person you could be talking to right now. But hey, keep throwing shit, maybe it'll help." Yeah he had no idea.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:30 pm

Dawn took a shaky breath and glanced to him as she listened to him talk. She looked away when he finished, drinking the last of that bottle she held. "I can't f-forget, 'ish always there. Da' couldn't either...I l-look like her..." She frowned at the empty bottle then threw it too, more normally. It didn't go as far before breaking. She didn't feel any better either. Ugh, this wasn't helping her forget. She looked to the bar, trying to get up. Nope, she wanted to drink until she passed out
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:34 pm

Esk winced, it was a tiny almost hidden wince, but he still winced.
Looking like someone someone else wanted to forget, oh yeah, he knew that one.
"Apparently I look too much like my dad. Wonderful." He wasn't totally sure she should have more alchohol, she seemed pretty drunk already.

"If you keep drinking you're likely to start throwing up, and I am NOT holding your hair back." He told her. He got up to find something to sweep up the broken glass with. Damnit, why was he playing the role of Matt tonight? Therapist AND janitor? wtf?
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:47 pm

Dawn sent him a look, thankfully he couldn't see since he was cleaning up glass. Dawn sat back down though, more because she couldn't get her thoughts together enough to walk than anything else. Ugh, that stuff hit hard when it did, of course her being unused to it helped that. "Don't wanna think" She muttered unhappily then brought a finger to her lips "Shh, always shh" She giggled a little then shook her head and looked at the glass he was trying to pick up, using her wind to pick it up in a small, but wobbly tornado. She sent that towards the trashcan, actually getting a decent amount in before letting the twister grab a random bottle off the shelf and bringing it to her. Yay strong stuff. She couldn't even pronounce whatever the name was on it, but started trying to get it open anyway
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:53 pm

Esk tipped the broken glass into the trash can, sweeping was actually fairly difficult when one hand was injured. Still, given how much THAT had hurt, getting as much glass up as possible was a good idea.
He noticed Dawn had moved on to something a lot stronger.

Shit. This could end very badly. She was already extremely drunk, though not, he noted, drunk enough she couldn't still use her magic.
He came over, picked up two glasses which he set on the table in front of her and tried to take the bottle. "Alchohol poisoning sucks." He told her. "We need you alive. You're the only competent medic on the Devil. So one glass, then you curl up and sleep it off okay?" He managed to sound halfway authoritative there. Now THIS he could do, keeping crew safe, stopping them hurting themselves. Yes, he was on familiar ground here!
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:03 pm

Dawn frowned at him taking the bottle from her then pressed her back against the seat to watch him pour her a glass. "Not..." She lost her train of thought and frowned again, staring at the liquid. "Licensed." She nodded slowly. Yeah, no license, she wasn't a real medic. They knew she studied practically everyday, but wasn't licensed to practice anywhere.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:56 am

Esk shrugged and having poured two glasses, put the bottle out of her reach. "Yeah but you're still better qualified than James is. You can get a damn license." He looked at her sternly. damn he looked like his brother when he did that. "I'm just here to make sure you don't kill yourself or something stupid right?"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:02 am

Dawn fell silent at that, ducking her head at his stern look. She nodded and took a sip of the liquid in her glass, choking on its strong flavor. She certainly was not used to anything besides beer from her reaction to it. "Whaz that?" She asked as she pushed the glass away then lay down on the bench seat, coughing on occation
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:19 am

Esk looked at the bottle. "Uh.. I actually don't know." He couldn't read it either. He took a sip. Yeesh, it burned.
"Some sort of spirit. " He made sure the bottle was well out of reach. "Stronger than beer, you're not supposed to swig it back. Not unless you really want to vomit."
He watched her warily. "You don't really cut loose very often do you?"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:30 am

"No" Dawn muttered and started playing with the tuft on the seat beside her face then curling up as well as she could there
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:38 am

"Why not?" Esk asked flatly, he didn't take his eyes off her. Honestly he was reluctant to go too far in case she either started throwing up or passed out and he needed to call the medics. Drunk people man, they were kinda annoyingly needy.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:45 am

Dawn sighed and tried to sit up, though that failed, so she stayed down. "Don't wanna. Is bad to" She said after a moment then twirled her hand in a spinning motion "Magic can go...bad" She put her hand back down on the cushion and sighed again
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:50 am

"You haven't made anything go haywire yet." Esk pointed out. "Maybe you should try to sleep." He frowned, yeah he had no idea. He settled into a seat opposite Dawn and the couch and sipped his drink.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:13 am

Dawn closed her eyes and settled where she was. It was not the most comfortable place, but it was better than the floor. It didn't take long for her to fall asleep like that.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:17 am

Esk shook his head and looked around for a blanket or something to put over her. He wasn't going to leave her alone, he'd made a choice to make sure she was safe, and that meant he had to sit here and ensure she didn't stop breathing or something. Who the hell knew with drunk people, particularly drunk people who weren't used to alchohol.

He tidied up, then settled into the chair opposite Dawn and shook his head. He glanced up at the camera. At least Vestia was watching as well.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:12 am

Dawn murmured something when he dropped the blanket over her that sounded like 'I'm glad you are my friend' before dropping into deep sleep until morning.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:15 am

Esk just kinda grunted a vuage response and would keep watch over her till he himself fell asleep in the chair opposite. He was gonna wake up with a seriously sore neck. oops?
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:17 am

Dawn woke slowly and groaned quietly, rubbing her head then trying to cover up her head with the blanket. She did not feel good now
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:23 am

Morning came and Esk groaned and woke up with a stiff neck. Ow, why did his neck hurt?
Oh right.. he'd fallen asleep sitting upright trying to make sure Dawn didn't die in her sleep or something.
He winced and rubbed his shoulder with his good hand, looking at her. Well she was alive.
"Hangover?" He asked flatly. She looked like she had a hangover. He got up and went to find a bucket just in case, sliding that in front of her and slumping back into his seat.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:34 am

Dawn winced at the sound of him talking and moving the bucket, but she was glad of it soon after. Ugh, no, another reason she didn't drink offer, the next morning
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:40 am

Esk just shook his head. "Feeling up to going back to your room yet? Annoying loud people are likely to wander in here pretty soon."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 34 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 34  Next