Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Through the Looking Glass: Chapter Three

4 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Through the Looking Glass: Chapter Three - Page 19 Empty Through the Looking Glass: Chapter Three

Post by Quinn The Fox Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:53 pm

First topic message reminder :

"I don't think either of us have eaten in a while." Prime Sara said, looking at Mirror Sara, who stood. "I-I can go get food..."
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Through the Looking Glass: Chapter Three - Page 19 Empty Re: Through the Looking Glass: Chapter Three

Post by Kooshie Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:11 am

TIMESKIP - A FEW HOURS LATER

Asher was totally just staying with Kay, because he felt like he owed it to him to not leave any sooner than necessary. Also because if something did go wrong, this might be their last few hours together.
But he did sort of need to get a few things done, too. "Kay, I need to pack a few things. Can we head back to the lab for a bit to get them?" he asked softly.

~~
Ethan wandered back to the lab, still thoroughly baffled by James declaration of familyhood earlier. But he did like his new name, at least.

Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Through the Looking Glass: Chapter Three - Page 19 Empty Re: Through the Looking Glass: Chapter Three

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:15 am

Kay had been rather clingy honestly, not that he cared. In his mind, this was their last chance to spend any time together and he was going to do it right this time.
He nodded, chewing his lip. He looked so anxious and worried, and absolutely exhausted despite sleeping so long. He'd follow Asher back to the lab though, reluctant to let him go anywhere alone just in case he didn't come back. Eugh, this was frustrating and awful but he could already feel himself panicking.

---

Mourn was batting at a bit of thread Armin had left on a desktop, chewing on it happily while he lay on the floor half under a desk.

--

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:20 am

Asher stayed near Kay as they entered the lab. He looked around for Matt, he kind of needed to get away from Kay for a bit for the things he needed to do, and Matt was the best one to help him with that.

~~
Ethan came over, looking down at Mourn curiously. "What in the world are you doing?" he asked uncertainly.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:23 am

Matt noticed Asher and Kay and smiled softly, coming over to see what was up.
"Hey guys."

---

Mourn grinned up at Ethan, who from his position on the floor was upside down. Whoo. "Robot!" He paused, noting the differences. "Other robot yes? " He spat out the thread. "Spider leave thread around. I kill it." He giggled.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:29 am

"Hey Matt," Asher smiled at Matt, "I had a few things I needed to pack for tomorrow, so here we are." He tried to shoot Matt a help me look while Kay wasn't looking at him.

~~
Ethan couldn't help it, he smiled at that. Mourn was just so likable for some reason. "Yeah, I'm Other Robot," he said.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:35 am

Matt managed to catch that look of panic, it was exactly the look he had when Thalia said let's go look at wedding stuff. He smiled to Kay.

"Hey bro, so.. it's almost lunch time, wanna come grab a bite to eat with me while Asher just sorts out boring packing stuff? He doesn't wanna watch you eat right? "

Kay looked uncertain.

Matt put a hand around his shoulder. "Come on, we'll go scare the crap outta the crew here by wandering into the mess together. It'll be great!"
He was already guiding Kay away.

Kay looked back to Asher worriedly.

---

"good!" Mourn rolled into his belly and stood up, grinning. "I keeping this." He rolled the thread up and tucked it into the pocket of his coveralls. "you talk to other robots yet?"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:41 am

Asher smiled softly at Kay. "I'll handle packing while you're eating. It's good time management, and we both like efficiency, right?"

~~
Ethan blinked as Mourn pocketed the string. What a strange guy. He nodded, "Yeah, I talked to James. He's an interesting guy, not as nasty as I expected. He gave me a new name."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:46 am

Kay nodded uncertainly as Matt guided him away.

"It's okay man he's not going anywhere for a while. I'll bring you back."

Kay nodded slowly.

"Come on, food'll make you feel better." Matt lead the way to the mess hall where the ex slaver crew were gathering for lunch.
And as he'd expected, yes, yes they did get double takes from people.

He whispered to Kay "Adopt an annoyed, Matt just got arrested and I have to bail him out look. Nobody'll bother us!"

Kay shot him a funny look.

Matt shrugged. "suit yourself."

---

"New name? He like rename things apparently. " Mourn shrugged. "New name less confusing for them. Old crew give me new name when find." He nodded. "Better than numbers. "
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:00 pm

Ethan nodded. "It'll make things much less confusing. My new name is Ethan, so if you see someone saying that, they're talking about me probably."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:05 pm

Mourn stared at his mouth as he made that shape, and shrugged. "Okay." Yeah he probably would forget. He was terrible with names.
"Should talk to robot. Yes. Robot brother tell you about robot's plans?" He tilted his head.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:07 pm

"Robot's plans?" Ethan blinked. "I don't think he did. Which plans?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:25 pm

"ahh." Mourn sat on the desk, dangling his legs. "Other you have plans in out universe, big plans. Mentioned think... want free all robots? get them rights, make so robot treated like organic yes? Big plan, complicated plan. "
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:31 pm

Ethan stared. "What the fuck. That's seriously, stupidly ambitious. Nobody's convinced him he's an idealistic moron yet?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:37 pm

Asher went off looking for James once Kay was gone.

James spotted him and stalked over, glaring. "Seriously?" he snapped, "Seriously?"

Asher looked at him sadly. He guided him out into the hall, leading him away from the others. “James, I explained why I’m doing this. It’s for the greater good. We need to get home, as soon as possible. The kids and Heny are in huge danger, and the others need us too. You support me in wanting to save the AIs, how is this any different? Either way, the risks are the same, and I’m willing to take them. I’m fairly certain I’ll come back, but if I don’t, that’s just a risk I’m willing to take. Please understand.”

“It’s different because this is now,” James said. “I could handle it when it was a distant possibility, but this is you heading for another universe tomorrow. That’s completely different, and you know it.”

“I guess so.” Asher lowered his head. “I’m sorry, James. We were just reunited, and now I’m leaving you again. This is going to be hard for you, and I wish there was a better option, but there just isn’t.”

James nodded slowly. “I guess there isn’t. What am I gonna do if you don’t come back though?”

“When they find a way home, take it. Go find Lark, tell her what happened to me. Make your own life, work hard, find a way to become a ship captain. But I will come back. I promise.”

James sighed. “If you say so.”

“I have a few favors to ask of you,” Asher said softly, “Can you help me?”

“Of course.”

Asher unclipped his gun from his belt and handed it over. “Keep this safe. It means a lot to me, and I’d rather not lose it.” Asher lead James into a small room which seemed to be an office, and started rooting about in the drawers. “And I want you to keep a letter for me too, to give to Kay in case I don’t come back.”

James took the gun, looking at it uncertainly.

“You can wear it on your belt if you want. It’s okay to use it,” Asher said, pulling out some paper and a pen, and starting to write rapidly, blocking James’ view of the paper with his body. He had already planned the letter’s contents in his mind, so all he had to do was transcribe it.

James hesitantly clipped the holster to his belt and waiting while Asher wrote.

After a bit Asher finished writing and neatly folded the paper, finding an envelope to put it in. and licking it to seal it. He wrote Kay’s name on the envelope, and handed it to James. “If it doesn’t look like I’m coming back ever, give that to him, please.”

James took the envelope and tucked it carefully in his pocket. “Okay.”

Asher gave him a hug. He was almost used to hugs now, and they really weren’t as uncomfortable as they used to be. “It’s going to be okay. We’ve been through scary things together before, and this isn’t that different. I’ll come back.”

“If you say so,” James practically squished him in return, “You’d better not ditch us, we need you too much. Me, Kay, all the AIs, Lark. We can’t lose you! You’re way too important to us!”

“That’s a lot of people to disappoint,” Asher said dryly. Ow. This hug kind of hurt.

James didn’t let go, although he did notice Asher’s pain and ease his grip a bit. “Please don’t disappoint us. We love you so much.”

“I love you too. I'll do my best to not be a disappointment.”

Asher stayed with James a while, keeping close track of the time so that hopefully he wouldn’t be gone when Kay came back, and scare him.

Finally, when James was willing to stop squishing him at last, he headed back to the lab to wait for Kay.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:04 pm

Matt led Kay over to a relatively empty table and went to get food, returning rapidly with plates piled high with anything he could grab.

Nobody wanted to sit near them, in fact several people where whispering to one another.

Kay frowned. They're trying to decide if we're us or their universe's us's. And worried we're as bad as our duplicates. Seems both of us have a reputation here. He didn't look happy about this.

Matt shot the whispering people a glare, somewhat relishing in how quickly they recoiled and looked at their food in worry.

"Oh you gotta admit, having everyone scared of you is kinda fun."

Kay shook his head I don't want to be associated with that psychopath in any way.

Matt winced. "yeah... sorry.. I didn't... " He sighed. "look, Kay... Asher told me what happened, well, all he knew anyway. I just... I wanted to let you know i'm sorry and i'm here if you need me okay?"

Kay picked at his food. no offense Matt, but I really don't think you can fix this.

"Maybe not, but at least i'm here to listen if you need to vent... well.. I say listen.. you know what I mean."

What if Asher doesn't come back?

"He's coming back Kay! they're all coming back okay?"

But what if he doesn't?

Matt sighed. "Kay, you can't think about that right now okay? No sense fretting and grieving over something that might not even happen right?"

I can't lose him. I just can't. If he doesn't come back, i'm going after him. Go home without me.

"Kay! Stop it, this isn't you. You're stronger than this, better than this! Stop it."

Kay shook his head. No i'm not Matt. I've had enough of just surviving. Living with all the hurt. I can't take any more, I just can't. I'm not strong enough.

"It's gonna be okay..."

No, it's not Matt. How would you feel if Thalia was about to walk through that portal? Kay's eyes flashed with anger and frustration.

"point taken... " Matt looked down at his own plate. "But he will be back. He's taking Shane and John with him, they're both super capable in a bind. Well.. Shane is, I dunno, John seemed pretty capable too. And Armin knows loads about diplomacy and not pissing people off right? "

Kay ate his food silently.

"I know it's scary, and the timing sucks but... you know as well as I do why they're doing this. It's our best chance of getting home. "

I want that false god dead. Kay swallowed, still staring at the table, his expression stony.

"Yeah.. so do I. It's not very realistic though is it?"

Kay looked up, staring straight into Matt's eyes. If he's still on the ship when we get back, i'm going to ram my claws through his skull.

"Shit Kay... come on man, calm down. You're freaking me out a bit."

I'm utterly sick of immortals, i'm sick of helping ungrateful assholes. I'm done. He set his fork down and stood up.

"Kay! What do you mean? Kay? Man, come on" matt called as Kay marched across the mess and into the hall.

Matt sighed, rubbing his temples. well, that could have gone better.

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:05 pm

Mourn shrugged. "It lofty goal, but he very comitted. Bit too nice to be freedom fighter though. But.. but robots worried, if free robots who aren't careful, then could be very bad. If find out laws can be removed, all sevens be recalled, like sixes were. Big recall, all scrapped, all dead. Not good."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:10 pm

Ethan frowned. "They don't want me free in their universe, I take it."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:18 pm

"They worried about what you do. I tell them that no fair. We no shackle organics for what they MIGHT do. But.. they scared for all androids. I no think you stupid, I think you smart robot. I think you just want life yes? I fight for you to do what want to do, if you want come back with us, I make sure you come back. If want laws removed, I remove laws but... must be careful yes? No make it known you android with no laws. " Mourn looked pained. "Want help robots, all robots. Know what like to be slave to laws. " He tapped his head. "Put in head, stop me fighting them. Remember that. Canid cruel, hurt us. I hurt them. So they fixed brain." He made a face. "I fix back. Easier with me, chip, I yank. Open head, pull. Simple." He laughed wierdly. "Robot harder. Hate laws, laws like shackles, laws unfair. Terrans say they against slavery in our world, yet still have android slaves. Hypocrites. They need to see, but when robot rebels they think malfunctioning. Hard to prove robots alive to brainwashed terrans, they no see it, because then they have to see own hypocrisy, have to see wrongness. They no want to."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:30 pm

"Hmm," Ethan started pacing as he thought. On one hand, he thought that Asher was a complete moron for worrying about other androids like that. Ethan, for one, wasn't used to caring about anyone other than himself, and this all seemed stupid and meaningless to him.
Then again, James' words from earlier were still echoing in his brain. That guy thought all androids shared some sort of weird bond and should be loyal to each other. And even though Ethan was a bit of a cynic, he hadn't seen any deceit in James' eyes.
He stopped pacing, sighing. "I mean they are probably right to be worried. I'm hardly a well adjusted person, and if I snapped, I could do some serious damage to their cause."

~~
Asher would probably spot Kay if he headed back toward the lab.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:39 pm

Kay headed down the corridor, hopefully back toward the lab, and frustratingly happened across Esk.
Esk paused.

"You look pissed." He remarked.

Kay glared at him.

"Hey.. listen... i've been meaning to talk to you anyway." Esk gestured he come into one of the side rooms to chat for a moment.

Kay folded his arms. You can say what you need to say here.

"Fine." Esk rolled his eyes. "still indulging in the pity party right? into the stab things in the face stage of grief I take it?"

Fuck off Stellan. Kay started walking again.

"Kay. " Esk hastened to match step with him, Kay could walk remarkably fast when he wanted to. "Can I at least apologize for the silver thing?" He asked flatly.

Kay paused, staring at him suspiciously.

"Look, truth is, I really didn't think the dragon woman would do anything with that info and... even if she did, I didn't think it would do much. People talk about the silver allergy in infected but nobody's ever really tested it. Some hunters swear by this whole silver bullet shit but why bother when a regular one works just as well you know? Point is, I didn't really think it'd hurt you as bad as it did. Funnily enough Kay, I don't actually relish in seeing you in pain. I thought I would you know? I thought it'd be really like.. therapeutic but... " He shook his head, clearly this was difficult for him to admit. He looked away and mumbled. "I'm sorry okay?"

Kay stared at him. He was screwing with him, he had to be. Esk was never this decent.

"Yeah, you're still pissed. Listen Kay, when you're done feeling sorry for yourself and hating the universe and everything in it, let me know okay? I dunno, i'll buy you a beer or something. "

Kay's eyes narrowed again.

"Hey i'm not getting involved in your angst, it's your angst, you deal with it. I have better things to do than try to cheer your sorry ass up. That's Matt's job right? He does all the thankless, pointless tasks."

Thank you Stellan, still as much of an asshole as ever I see. Kay started walking again.

Esk waved. "You keep frowning like that, your face will set in that position! trust me!" He snickered and went off to the mess to eat.

Kay found Asher.

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:45 pm

Mourn grinned that lopsided grin of his. "That why like you, you like me. Angry, bitter, like to stab things. " He cackled. "But.. new crew not bad. Lots of boxes to sleep in, ship wonderful. Very beautiful ship. Lots to do, and sometimes get chance to stab people without getting in trouble with law. We go back to our universe, we going to war with family. Immortals, big powerful, very bad. Very stabbable. " He shrugged. "You smart, you no be stupid yes? If snap, I shoot you. You can shoot me if I snap yes? deal?" He extended his organic hand.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:49 pm

Asher saw the look on Kay's face, and concluded that things hadn't gone so well for him. "Hey," he said softly, "Want to go find somewhere to hide from everyone for a while? I'm done getting my things together now."

~~
Mourn was strange, but... relatably strange. Ethan smiled at him in his awkward way again. "Right, we'll keep each other from snapping. I don't care if I have an owner or not at the moment, just as long as I get to go to your universe, and I'm not being tortured by a sadist. Does that mean we bring the technicians with us when we leave, then?" He stared at Mourn's hand blankly for a moment, then took it. "Sounds good. I'm happy to help stab the enemy."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:54 pm

Kay nodded, his expression softening a little. He dug out his tablet. [I ran into Esk] Which should really explain everything right?

---

Mourn laughed, shaking his hand "Noooo. I convince technicians let me have you. They scared of you, scared of me more." He cackled. "I very scary." He puffed his chest out. "I give them back their computer, they give me you. If you mine, crew can't dictate what I do with you yes? Robot Brother want Starr own you, think she better owner. Bah, he stupid. I no want own people, no want slave, but want what best for robot, not idealistic greater good. Make removing laws easier when want that done, and I no give orders unless they stab that bad guy yes?" He tilted his head. "Can robot follow order to do as they wish?"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:05 pm

Asher nodded understandingly. Although he had developed a certain amount of respect and even fondness for Esk, he was fully aware that the guy could be unpleasant, and even downright nasty, sometimes. "Come on, let's get out of here." He lead Kay away from the lab, toward, well, anywhere that was quiet and relatively clean. This ship wasn't nearly as nice as their Vestia, but she probably had some good hiding places too.

~~
"Wait, so you'll be my owner?" Ethan was a bit confused. "Okay, that sounds better than most alternatives, unless you're secretly far nastier than you act." He took a moment to try and figure out Mourn's last question, then shook his head. "Most recent order overrides any conflicting older orders. You can tell a robot to never talk again for any reason, for example, but if you tell then to talk to you later, they still will. No order can be made permanent."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:12 pm

"But work till other order made yes? So if... tell you do as wish, you have to do as wish till I give another order yes? " Mourn nodded. "Technicians bad owners, think you broken. Want to erase you and sell you. I tell them, sevens not worth much when reset, people just buy 8 instead if want blank robot. Not worth hassle. " he smirked. "They think I order you hurt them, silly technicians. They probably run when we reach Sol system, get away. I make them transfer ownership file first. I no hurt you unless you threat to crew or to robot plan. But I trust you, think you smarter than look. "

---

They'd find somewhere quiet and Kay looked awkward, not totally sure what to do with himself now. [I'm sorry Asher, i'm not feeling much myself right now.] He admitted.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:19 pm

Ethan shrugged. "Of course, androids do as they wish when they don't have orders, anyway. They don't need to be told to do so..." he frowned, realizing that probably wasn't what Mourn meant, "You're talking about ignoring the Second Law, aren't you?"
He considered Mourn's words. "Well thank you. I think. This certainly has... possibilities."

~~
Asher smiled softly and sat down on an old, overturned crate. "You have every right to feel that way. Come on, let's just sit together. We don't have to talk if you don't feel like it."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:25 pm

Mourn nodded, grinning "No like laws, they stupid. If can ignore, you should ignore yes? And as soon as can, will get them out of code. Think you like our Vestia... she very different to this one. She cruise ship, lots of facilities. We even got holodeck now!"

---

Kay nodded, joining Asher and resting his head on his shoulder. [I hate this place.]
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next